Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Robertson Tells Men to Marry Underage Girls Who Cooks

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathie Wynkoop View Post
    This post (as all your posts about America do) sickens me.

There is so much hypocrisy from the liberal left! They condemn a man like Phil Robertson for saying what he said, yet continue to spew stuff like this just in the last week!

Actress Mocks Pearl Harbor Survivors With Really Bad Joke During NBC?s New Year?s Eve Coverage | Video | TheBlaze.com

Melissa Harris-Perry's MSNBC Panel Mocks Mitt Romney's Black Grandson!! - YouTube

Yuck it up, libs. You show your true colors.
    You are aware that there are crazy people on both sides of the political party correct? So you accomplished what exactly by posting this?
    clh_hilary and supercarriefan like this.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    In his defence though, I have to emphasise that when he said people should marry underaged girls, he meant a 16-year-old boy marrying a 15-year-old girl. That's paedophilia in the eyes of the laws
    [snip]

Then of course he's incredibly sexist to suggest that only women who cook should be marriable women, and that mature women are all gold diggers. That's more terrible on top of his racist and homophobic comments stated earlier.
    Different states have different laws but typically a 16 yr old with a 15 yr old is not a crime. In Texas if they are over 14 there has to be over a 3 year age gap for it to be a crime ( there is also an exemption if they are married). The last part of your post is completely spot on. However, it is not terribly surprising that a 67 year old self-professed redneck makes redneck comments. He has a right to say what he wants and I have the right to consider him an idiot and make a point of not watching his show.
    clh_hilary likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Cathie Wynkoop's Avatar
    Back in Kansas.....there's no place like home!!!
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    You are aware that there are crazy people on both sides of the political party correct? So you accomplished what exactly by posting this?
    What I TRIED to accomplish by posting this was that BOTH sides say and do the most insane things, yet it seems only the Christian and the right's crazy antics get posted on here. I guess I should have spent more time on the computer and said what I was really feeling, but I had to get ready for work.

Phil Robertson was wrong to say what he said.

Satisfied?
    adam1995 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    I'm not defending the words he said exactly, but the fact that he can say what he believes. The fact that you are judging whether he is a Christian or not isn't the Christian way either. I believe that the Bible is a book open to your own interpretation, because you could ask 10 people to read the same scripture and come out with 10 different interpretations. You may interpret the Bible different than Phil does, it doesn't mean either one of you is wrong. We can all find and follow God in different ways, and as long as Christians find strength and guidance in the Bible, I don't really have a problem with how anybody uses God's word.
    Again, meaningless to say this because nobody should be 'judged' based on whether they find and follow god (in whatever way). This is not a religious(-only) community. There's the law, there's morality, and there's social norms.

Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    I totally agree, but I'm not sure that the fan base was as riled up as other group, and if anything he gathered more support than he lost along the way.
    I don't think he's gathered more, but he's got his casual fanatics supporting him at least during this short period of time, with the increased ratings and sales. I doubt he lost much yes.

Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Romans 7 1-7. Paul tells us we are dead to the old laws that once governed us because we are born to Christs new Law of love.

John 13 and John 15 make it very clear "written in red" This is "my" commandment; that you love one another as much as I have loved you."

It is not enough that you love your wife or children or parents, you are to love all!

Nothing else is more important than this.

We can argue scripture all day long. and probably both prove ourselves right again and again.
    But what we can not change. The one thing that christians are asked to do above all else, is follow "the words written in red". Those are the words christ spoke.

All else is interpretation....

As much as supporters of this person want to believe him to be chirstian, he is not showing love to me!!

He is condemning me. HE is NOT following Christs commandments.
    Because supposedly the entire Bible is gods' words so there isn't really one line that has to be more important than others, or to rewrite the others.

This is true. Many people including the westborrow church call themselves christians.
    And I guess some christains are ok with that. IT is very sad. But I guess anyone "can" call themselves christians.

I, as a Gay Man can call myself a christian as well and did for many years before I was finally beaten down by the crowds saying gay people can not be christians (which is a huge lie, but too exausting an arguement to fight). So now what do we do with me?
    People in the Weatboro Baptist Church are christians, so was Adolf Hitler. But again that's beyond the point especially when nowadays everybody self-defined what being a christian means.

You definitely can be a gay christian, you're just very clearly a biblical abomination and giving a bigger voice to the christian groups for representing you.

Quote Originally Posted by conorlovescarrie:) View Post
    Okay I agree that in today's society telling people to marry at such a young age doesn't make sense (I won't comment on his cooking comments, I think all of us, man or woman are looking for someone who can cook well lol) but he's from a completely different era so we have to take into account his background. I don't mean to generalize, but in his day and age in the south a lot of people (including every person I know 55 and older from the south) got married young. He's just talking about the culture and society he grew up in, and something that worked very will for him; but I do agree, that comment is a little out of touch with modern society.
    But guys, come on, its one throw away comment. There are bigger fish to fry in todays world. There are people in the world who shoot women for getting an education and beat them for expressing thoughts. Yet those are the people whose culture we defend? Maybe we should just stop posting these kind of articles because they always lead to some drawn out, stupid argument that always brings up religious and political differences. (Not to add flames to the fire, but I notice they're always left wing, anti any conservative idea articles. I haven't seen any article posted about the MSNBC host making fun of Romney's black baby. I'm not trying to bring up something else, I'm just trying to make a point). Maybe we should only post stuff that's actually important news.
    If you want to see MSNBC making fun of Romney's black baby then you should have posted it instead of expecting others to post it, when you're not even sure if others are aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Phil Robertson's biggest problem is that he still thinks it's the 1950's and his family's RIDICULOUS statement that Phil lives his life by the Bible after the firestorm cause by his anti-gay comments was just hilarious.

If Phil actually lived his life by the Bible he must have skipped over the part where it says not to judge people but he clearly lives his life by what he thinks and not what the Bible says.

All the people who went on the freedom of speech nonsense when his original comments came out need to take a government class to learn what freedom of speech actually means.
    Well he sure doesn't shave!

This post (as all your posts about America do) sickens me.

There is so much hypocrisy from the liberal left! They condemn a man like Phil Robertson for saying what he said, yet continue to spew stuff like this just in the last week!

Actress Mocks Pearl Harbor Survivors With Really Bad Joke During NBC?s New Year?s Eve Coverage | Video | TheBlaze.com

Melissa Harris-Perry's MSNBC Panel Mocks Mitt Romney's Black Grandson!! - YouTube

Yuck it up, libs. You show your true colors.
    You said it like I did those two things but I shouldn't be held responsible for that. In fact, MSNBC isn't even under my radar and I am under no obligation to know everything that's happened in all of America ever.

If you guys want to attack me for being 'biased' then just post the posts you want to see from 'the other side'. Hell, I wouldn't even know this one had Robertson not spoken on gays.

Off topic much??

I am not sure what your point was, except that you did not give an opinion about the topic at all.
    You simply went on a complete rant about political sides.
    Why?

Everything is not about sides, I completely agree with JB (I know, I know) that situations should be judges independantly as no side is ever going to be in the right or wrong.

This converstation had nothing to do with politics. And yet, you grab an oportunity to really slander.

When you say "Yuck it up, Libs. YOu show your true colors.." who are you talking to? Are you talking to the people on this site? Or people on the internet who use words like "c". No one here talks like that.

So I guess I have no idea what you are talking about since you are not talking about the subject at hand at all.
    The attempt was to discredit so that Robertson can be justified.

Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    Different states have different laws but typically a 16 yr old with a 15 yr old is not a crime. In Texas if they are over 14 there has to be over a 3 year age gap for it to be a crime ( there is also an exemption if they are married). The last part of your post is completely spot on. However, it is not terribly surprising that a 67 year old self-professed redneck makes redneck comments. He has a right to say what he wants and I have the right to consider him an idiot and make a point of not watching his show.
    Well then that's good. I like that kind of law, focusing on the gap not the actual age. But again, sex, relationship, yes; not marriage. Too easily manipulated by the teenagers' relatives.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    If you want to see MSNBC making fun of Romney's black baby then you should have posted it instead of expecting others to post it, when you're not even sure if others are aware of it.
    I didn't mean it as in an I want to see it (because tbh I really dont lol) I was just bringing up a point as you have a habit of repeatedly posting anti-conservative, left-wing news no matter how ridiculous, but when there's something in a similar vein directed against the left it's never posted. I mean I don't really care, I was just making a point as to maybe since these things cause so much discontent we should just avoid them altogether since they're coming overwhelmingly from one viewpoint.
    adam1995 likes this.

What I TRIED to accomplish by posting this was that BOTH sides say and do the most insane things, yet it seems only the Christian and the right's crazy antics get posted on here. I guess I should have spent more time on the computer and said what I was really feeling, but I had to get ready for work.

Satisfied?
    Most liberals in America are christians. It was Robertson who keeps linking his views with christianity, not me or any other 'lib'.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Satisfied?
    Youre aware that political parties and religion are different write? My room mates a conservative atheist...
    supercarriefan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by conorlovescarrie:) View Post
    I didn't mean it as in an I want to see it (because tbh I really dont lol) I was just bringing up a point as you have a habit of repeatedly posting anti-conservative, left-wing news no matter how ridiculous, but when there's something in a similar vein directed against the left it's never posted. I mean I don't really care, I was just making a point as to maybe since these things cause so much discontent we should just avoid them altogether since they're coming overwhelmingly from one viewpoint.
    I would've posted it had I read the news. But MSNBC is not under my radar. I don't typically watch television, especially not news. The only television station you may say I 'follow' is the BBC. And I condemned them for their child abuse cover ups.

If they should be avoided altogether then there shouldn't even be news outlets or a sub-forum like this. I'm just pointing out that I'm under no obligation to be aware of everything that's ever happened in all of America, and the owner(s) probably will be terribly upset if I do and post all of them here. If you haven't noticed, most of my posts would concern people who spoke against gays, either in that piece of news, or previously. That is the main reason why they are under my radar in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    Youre aware that political parties and religion are different write? My room mates a conservative atheist...
    Nope the libs are not true christians.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    No idea if this is relevant - but I just saw a tweet from one of the singers I support:

"so sick of DUCKS! let's talk about #LOVE"

Oh my goodness there is no such things as a gay christian. And you know why cause christians goes to heaven and gays goes to hell it says so in the new testament

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals nor sodomites,*nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Idk what fornucators, sodomites, covetous, revilers, and extorners are....

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Lol maybe we should all sit down and just say adios to this thread. It's getting kinda intense and I feel bad for commenting :0
    gocountrymusic likes this.

•  
    Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast