Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Robertson Tells Men to Marry Underage Girls Who Cooks

This argument on whether he's a 'true' christian is pointless. All his views have been biblical but that's beyond the point.

He should be called out for his behaviour and views as an influential celebrity, christian or not.
    pklongbeach likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    I'm not defending the words he said exactly, but the fact that he can say what he believes. The fact that you are judging whether he is a Christian or not isn't the Christian way either. I believe that the Bible is a book open to your own interpretation, because you could ask 10 people to read the same scripture and come out with 10 different interpretations. You may interpret the Bible different than Phil does, it doesn't mean either one of you is wrong. We can all find and follow God in different ways, and as long as Christians find strength and guidance in the Bible, I don't really have a problem with how anybody uses God's word.
    Thats a very scary statement if you do not include that all things must come from Love.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    This argument on whether he's a 'true' christian is pointless. All his views have been biblical but that's beyond the point.

He should be called out for his behaviour and views as an influential celebrity, christian or not.
    This is true. Many people including the westborrow church call themselves christians.
    And I guess some christains are ok with that. IT is very sad. But I guess anyone "can" call themselves christians.

I, as a Gay Man can call myself a christian as well and did for many years before I was finally beaten down by the crowds saying gay people can not be christians (which is a huge lie, but too exausting an arguement to fight). So now what do we do with me?

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Okay I agree that in today's society telling people to marry at such a young age doesn't make sense (I won't comment on his cooking comments, I think all of us, man or woman are looking for someone who can cook well lol) but he's from a completely different era so we have to take into account his background. I don't mean to generalize, but in his day and age in the south a lot of people (including every person I know 55 and older from the south) got married young. He's just talking about the culture and society he grew up in, and something that worked very will for him; but I do agree, that comment is a little out of touch with modern society.
    But guys, come on, its one throw away comment. There are bigger fish to fry in todays world. There are people in the world who shoot women for getting an education and beat them for expressing thoughts. Yet those are the people whose culture we defend? Maybe we should just stop posting these kind of articles because they always lead to some drawn out, stupid argument that always brings up religious and political differences. (Not to add flames to the fire, but I notice they're always left wing, anti any conservative idea articles. I haven't seen any article posted about the MSNBC host making fun of Romney's black baby. I'm not trying to bring up something else, I'm just trying to make a point). Maybe we should only post stuff that's actually important news.
    adam1995 and smilesalot2day like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    In his initial interview that sparked controversy he did say in the end God would be the one to judge, and he said that he would never blatantly disrespect someone. He was just taking what the Bible said and what he felt, I honestly don't believe that he went out to offend anybody, it happened, it's happened before, it'll happen again, I'm sorry you were offended, but Phil isn't the be all end all when it comes to deciding who goes to Heaven or Hell. If we all live our life the best way we know how, we'll be fine in the eyes of God. Phil isn't his right hand man, so he has no bearing on where we end up. You can be mad, I know that I get mad too, at some comments people make, but I move past it, because those comments can't hurt me in the long run as I know that whoever said it doesn't even know I exist, so they didn't intentionally try to hurt me. I wish the best for you, just live a good life and it'll all work out.

pk, to address your comment about how I said the Bible is open to interpretation, I thought it went without saying that following the Bible needs to come from love. As long as people use God's word, which includes love, it's not for me to say they are wrong.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Not going to read through this, a lot has already been said. I do have to tell you that my Mother married my Father at 15 (he was 17), had my sister at 16, me at 18 and my brother at 24. Their marriage is over 60 years. That was very common during my Mothers time.

I AM a child advocate, and have spoken both Nationally & Internationally on the topic of child abuse. That is NOT what he was advocating. By the way I do not watch their show, it's not my thing.

This is is a topic that is best left for those who understand the subject matter. If you want/need information on the subject please message me...I will NOT respond to such a sensitive topic on this site. Awareness of the issue is always important, however.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Phil Robertson's biggest problem is that he still thinks it's the 1950's and his family's RIDICULOUS statement that Phil lives his life by the Bible after the firestorm cause by his anti-gay comments was just hilarious.

If Phil actually lived his life by the Bible he must have skipped over the part where it says not to judge people but he clearly lives his life by what he thinks and not what the Bible says.

All the people who went on the freedom of speech nonsense when his original comments came out need to take a government class to learn what freedom of speech actually means.
    clh_hilary likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Cathie Wynkoop's Avatar
    Back in Kansas.....there's no place like home!!!
    Concert Stars
    This post (as all your posts about America do) sickens me.

There is so much hypocrisy from the liberal left! They condemn a man like Phil Robertson for saying what he said, yet continue to spew stuff like this just in the last week!

Actress Mocks Pearl Harbor Survivors With Really Bad Joke During NBC?s New Year?s Eve Coverage | Video | TheBlaze.com

Melissa Harris-Perry's MSNBC Panel Mocks Mitt Romney's Black Grandson!! - YouTube

Yuck it up, libs. You show your true colors.
    adam1995 and jaws931 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathie Wynkoop View Post

There is so much hypocrisy from the liberal left! They condemn a man like Phil Robertson for saying what he said, yet continue to spew stuff like this just in the last week!

Actress Mocks Pearl Harbor Survivors With Really Bad Joke During NBC?s New Year?s Eve Coverage | Video | TheBlaze.com

Melissa Harris-Perry's MSNBC Panel Mocks Mitt Romney's Black Grandson!! - YouTube

They deserved to be called out too and deserve whatever fallout that comes out from it just like Phil Robertson deserved whatever fallout for his comments too.

As a independent voter who has voted in six Presidential elections and has vote 3 times for each party and have voted for both parties in the same election I find it over the freaking top hilarious when whatever side it may be calls the other hypocrites when they say so and so is allowed to say what they want to say but someone on the other side of things are not allowed to say anything.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    They deserved to be called out too and deserve whatever fallout that comes out from it just like Phil Robertson deserved whatever fallout for his comments too.

As a independent voter who has voted in six Presidential elections and has vote 3 times for each party and have voted for both parties in the same election I find it over the freaking top hilarious when whatever side it may be calls the other hypocrites when they say so and so is allowed to say what they want to say but someone on the other side of things are not allowed to say anything.
    Called out too? Did you hear the mocking Harris-Perry and her panel did of the Romney family's beautiful family photo on MSNBC? One panelist did a sing song (which everyone found so funny)saying one of these things doesn't look like the others??? We were talking about the beautiful Grandbaby one of the Romney sons adopted that was sitting on the lap of Grandpa Romney opposite another one of the Romney Grandbabies. A National News organization mocking literally all families who adobt outside their own race to give a BABY a better life.

Lets get real here. That was hate speech. They didn't like Romney's policies so they attack his family for adopting a mixed race child. Add to that again MSNBC thought it was perfectly acceptable to talk about doing horrible things in Palin's mouth. And just this morning the horrible language about Barbara Bush being in the hospital, and some on the left calling for her to die, and horrible names.

Everyone needs to tone down the rhetoric.

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^Amen.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by oldyfan View Post
    Called out too? Did you hear the mocking Harris-Perry and her panel did of the Romney family's beautiful family photo on MSNBC? One panelist did a sing song (which everyone found so funny)saying one these things doesn't look like the others??? We were talking about the beautiful Grandbaby one of the Romney sons adopted that was sitting on the lap of Grandpa Romney opposite another one of the Romney Grandbabies. A National News organization mocking literally all families who adobt outside their own race to give a BABY a better life.

Lets get real here. That was hate speech. They didn't like Romney's policies so they attack his family for adopting a mixed race child. Add to that again MSNBC thought it was perfectly acceptable to talk about doing horrible things in Palin's month. And just this morning the horrible language about Barbara Bush being in the hospital, and some on the left calling for her to die, and horrible names.

Everyone needs to tone down the rhetoric.
    I would have fired Harris-Perry if I was her boss, just like I would have suspended Phil Robertson for what he said which can also be looked at as hate speech.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    So was it also hypocrisy when all the righties were all up in arms when Hank Williams, Jr was booted by ABC/ESPN for his comments about President Obama and they went on & on about how poor Hank, Jr's Freedom of Speech was violated.

Yet those same exact people were not saying the same thing when Natalie Means made her comments about President Bush and The Dixie Chicks were blackballed from the country music industry.

It can't be one or the other it has to be the same for Hank, Jr. and The Dixie Chicks, which by the way neither of their Freedom of Speech was violated they both said something that pissed off people in power and paid for what they said.
    maddkat, carrieguy2 and clh_hilary like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Hank said Obama was acting like Hitler. I hardly think that is the same thing as calling for the former First Lady "c" word (B. Bush) to die. Or talking about what they said about Palin (which I'm too embarrassed to reprint), or making fun of a beautiful baby of mixed race adoption into a Morman white family.

No comparison!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by oldyfan View Post
    Hank said Obama was acting like Hitler. I hardly think that is the same thing as calling for the former First Lady "c" word (B. Bush) to die. Or talking about what they said about Palin (which I'm too embarrassed to reprint), or making fun of a beautiful baby of mixed race adoption into a Morman white family.

No comparison!
    Why don't you try actually reading what I actually posted and not what you want it to say because if you would have actually read what I posted you would have seen that I said that Harris-Perry deserved to be fired and the people who made the comments about Mrs. Bush deserves to be fired.

Now what I said that you clearly didn't read right or chose not to read right is how can it be ok for Hank, Jr. for say what he said but it's not ok for The Dixie Chicks to say they said which has nothing to do with Barbara Bush, so I don't know how the hell you even got that conclusion.
    carrieguy2 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Why don't you try actually reading what I actually posted and not what you want it to say because if you would have actually read what I posted you would have seen that I said that Harris-Perry deserved to be fired and the people who made the comments about Mrs. Bush deserves to be fired.

Now what I said that you clearly didn't read right or chose not to read right is how can it be ok for Hank, Jr. for say what he said but it's not ok for The Dixie Chicks to say they said which has nothing to do with Barbara Bush, so I don't know how the hell you even got that conclusion.
    i did misread it, but it wasn't intentional. As for Hank, it obviously wasn't okay since he was booted by NFL from his opening song. Up until that time it was almost unheard of to disagree with any President on foreign soil. I think we have now passed that tradition.

EDIT: Sorry but I still don't see anything about Mrs Bush, or Palin. But I'm probably overlooking it.
    Last edited by oldyfan; 01-02-2014 at 02:23 PM.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathie Wynkoop View Post

Off topic much??

I am not sure what your point was, except that you did not give an opinion about the topic at all.
    You simply went on a complete rant about political sides.
    Why?

Everything is not about sides, I completely agree with JB (I know, I know) that situations should be judges independantly as no side is ever going to be in the right or wrong.

This converstation had nothing to do with politics. And yet, you grab an oportunity to really slander.

When you say "Yuck it up, Libs. YOu show your true colors.." who are you talking to? Are you talking to the people on this site? Or people on the internet who use words like "c". No one here talks like that.

So I guess I have no idea what you are talking about since you are not talking about the subject at hand at all.
    clh_hilary and carrieguy2 like this.

Concert Stars
    "Out of the abundance of the Heart, the mouth speaks" Math.12:34

Phil is obviously preoccupied with gay sex and judging others instead of realizing "Sin starts in the heart. It does not start with the gays" ha ha ha...

And some here seem filled with opinions about politics, which should not have entered the convesation, except drug in by someone whos heart is filled with politics.

Concert Stars
    This thread is amazing.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jb172 View Post
    phil robertson's biggest problem is that he still thinks it's the 1950's and his family's ridiculous statement that phil lives his life by the bible after the firestorm cause by his anti-gay comments was just hilarious.

If phil actually lived his life by the bible he must have skipped over the part where it says not to judge people but he clearly lives his life by what he thinks and not what the bible says.

All the people who went on the freedom of speech nonsense when his original comments came out need to take a government class to learn what freedom of speech actually means.
    no ****ing kidding...

•  
    Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast