Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pope misspells name of Jesus, suffers poor sales

  1. #1
    Ultimate Carrie Fan clh_hilary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    México
    Posts
    9,741

    Post Pope misspells name of Jesus, suffers poor sales

    What would Lesus do? Vatican recalls Pope Francis medals after Jesus spelling error


    Friday 11 Oct 2013 8:41 am
    1307


    The Vatican has recalled these Pope Francis medals after spelling Jesus’ name wrong (Picture: Italian State Mint)Embarrassed Vatican officials have recalled medals commemorating the first year of Pope Francis’s reign after spelling Jesus’s name wrong.
    The official Vatican medals went on sale with the son of God’s name spelt as ‘Lesus’ before they were swiftly removed when the spelling error was spotted.
    Around 6,000 of the gold, silver and bronzed medals, featuring the Pope’s motto on his coat of arms, were created by the Italian State Mint.
    It says: ‘Jesus therefore sees the tax collector, and since he sees by having mercy and by choosing, he says to him, follow me.’
    The Vatican has been embarrassed by a basic spelling error (Picture: Italian State Mint)The Vatican said only four of the medals had been sold after going on sale this week, with experts predicting them to soar in value due to their rarity.
    All of the coins are numbered and come with a certificate of authenticity from the Vatican.
    ‘If only they had used spell-check,’ joked one Twitter user.
    Another added: ‘I blame the Lesuits.’

    ---

    The coin had been certified 2xTissue paper for biggest flop ever. This is solid proof that catholics are not christians.


  • #2
    Insane Carrie Fan carrieguy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    3,825
    Concert Stars
    link?

  • #3
    Ultimate Carrie Fan clh_hilary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    México
    Posts
    9,741
    carrieguy2 likes this.

  • #4
    Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    1,256
    Well in the Christian theology, pope means vicar of Christ. Meaning anti-Christ. When a pope speaks, it's as if God is speaking. What a confusing and contradicting God they have.

  • #5
    Insane Carrie Fan carrieguy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    3,825
    Concert Stars
    they make it sound like the pope wrote it out himself!

    maybe the pope should have proof read it!

  • #6
    Ultimate Carrie Fan clh_hilary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    México
    Posts
    9,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie&Taylor View Post
    Well in the Christian theology, pope means vicar of Christ. Meaning anti-Christ. When a pope speaks, it's as if God is speaking. What a confusing and contradicting God they have.
    The same goes to the mormon church. But the Hebrew god of The Bible is contradictory.

  • #7
    Ultimate Carrie Fan clh_hilary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    México
    Posts
    9,741
    Quote Originally Posted by carrieguy2 View Post
    they make it sound like the pope wrote it out himself!

    maybe the pope should have proof read it!
    Well it was done in his name, so regardless he should be held responsible for it since he approved of it.

  • #8
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Pi314CA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie&Taylor View Post
    Well in the Christian theology, pope means vicar of Christ. Meaning anti-Christ. When a pope speaks, it's as if God is speaking. What a confusing and contradicting God they have.
    What Christian document/book/manuscript contains a definition for pope?

  • #9
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Pi314CA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,893
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    The same goes to the mormon church. But the Hebrew god of The Bible is contradictory.
    Perhaps the contradictions are because you are atheist and do not understand fully the Scriptures?

  • #10
    Ultimate Carrie Fan clh_hilary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    México
    Posts
    9,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    Perhaps the contradictions are because you are atheist and do not understand fully the Scriptures?
    Perhaps you don't see the obvious contradictions contradictory because unlike me, you were not:

    1. baptised as a baby, and raised as a catholic;
    2. studying in catholic kindergarten, two catholic primary schools, and a catholic secondary school;
    3. the vice-chairperson of the Catholic Society;
    4. awarded as the best performer in ethnics and religious studies;
    5. the leader of morning prayers in school;
    6. the Bible reader in school services;
    7. in Jesus's Pioneers (which I can only assume is now called Lesus's Pinoeers);
    8. sitting for religious studies public examination;

    or you do not:
    9. have a mother who is a Sunday school teacher;
    10. a brother who is an altar boy;
    11. a religious bachelor AND master's degrees;
    12. have partners/former partners who grew up christians in christian schools;

    or you have not:
    13. been actually reading The Bible, let alone other 'versions'/'books' of it, including but obviously not exclusively The Book of Mormon,
    14. been studying in a world Top 30 university, or a Top 10 faculty;
    15. went to The University of Cambridge, or more than two universities in different parts of the world;
    16. studied philosophy/logic;
    17. been intelligent or with sufficient intellect.

    And I am a pastafarian.

    ---

    For people who pass by and are open to ideas and evidence, you can watch this little cartoon video on the totally non-contradictory Bible:
    Quiz Show (Bible Contradictions) - YouTube

    On a side note, just because The Bible is full of contradictions, doesn't necessarily mean the Hebrew god does not exist. Also, just because the Hebrew god as depicted by The Bible could not exist, doesn't mean there isn't a god, or gods, or any supernatural power anywhere in the universe, or that the universe couldn't be the symbolic deity itself. This is a matter of pure simple facts in reading comprehension, not religious beliefs.

  • #11
    Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    1,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    What Christian document/book/manuscript contains a definition for pope?
    Here is what Bible say http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False...cism/vicar.htm

    For more study on the pope www.letusreason.org/RC24.htm
    Catholic church says www.olrl.org/Lessons/Lesson18.shtml

  • #12
    Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,676
    Concert Stars
    Like thats embarrassing and all but I dont think its necessarily the popes fault because its not like he engraved the medals himself; there probably was just a mistake in whatever machine they would use to make it. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone or anything but I don't think the catholic church is at fault for it. It was a human mistake, not the mistake of a major religious organization

  • #13
    Ultimate Carrie Fan clh_hilary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    México
    Posts
    9,741
    Quote Originally Posted by conorlovescarrie:) View Post
    Like thats embarrassing and all but I dont think its necessarily the popes fault
    Nobody is treating it like a big deal.

    Quote Originally Posted by conorlovescarrie:) View Post
    because its not like he engraved the medals himself;
    It was done in his name, and he's approved it. The responsibility is on him.

    Quote Originally Posted by conorlovescarrie:) View Post
    there probably was just a mistake in whatever machine they would use to make it.
    Yes, a computer. Something that was theorised by a gay atheist. Alan Turing planned this all along.

    Quote Originally Posted by conorlovescarrie:) View Post
    I'm not pointing fingers at anyone or anything but I don't think the catholic church is at fault for it. It was a human mistake, not the mistake of a major religious organization
    A human employed by the church, something released by the church.

  • #14
    Ultimate Carrie Fan AIgrl06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,782
    Concert Stars
    As far as things wrong with the church goes... this ranks extremely low, lol.

  • #15
    Ultimate Carrie Fan clh_hilary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    México
    Posts
    9,741
    Quote Originally Posted by AIgrl06 View Post
    As far as things wrong with the church goes... this ranks extremely low, lol.
    The church had never done anything wrong, they were all human mistakes!

  • #16
    Obsessed Carrie Fan Cathie Wynkoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Back in Kansas.....there's no place like home!!!
    Posts
    2,236
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    Perhaps you don't see the obvious contradictions contradictory because unlike me, you were not:

    1. baptised as a baby, and raised as a catholic;
    2. studying in catholic kindergarten, two catholic primary schools, and a catholic secondary school;
    3. the vice-chairperson of the Catholic Society;
    4. awarded as the best performer in ethnics and religious studies;
    5. the leader of morning prayers in school;
    6. the Bible reader in school services;
    7. in Jesus's Pioneers (which I can only assume is now called Lesus's Pinoeers);
    8. sitting for religious studies public examination;

    or you do not:
    9. have a mother who is a Sunday school teacher;
    10. a brother who is an altar boy;
    11. a religious bachelor AND master's degrees;
    12. have partners/former partners who grew up christians in christian schools;

    or you have not:
    13. been actually reading The Bible, let alone other 'versions'/'books' of it, including but obviously not exclusively The Book of Mormon,
    14. been studying in a world Top 30 university, or a Top 10 faculty;
    15. went to The University of Cambridge, or more than two universities in different parts of the world;
    16. studied philosophy/logic;
    17. been intelligent or with sufficient intellect.

    And I am a pastafarian.

    ---

    For people who pass by and are open to ideas and evidence, you can watch this little cartoon video on the totally non-contradictory Bible:
    Quiz Show (Bible Contradictions) - YouTube

    On a side note, just because The Bible is full of contradictions, doesn't necessarily mean the Hebrew god does not exist. Also, just because the Hebrew god as depicted by The Bible could not exist, doesn't mean there isn't a god, or gods, or any supernatural power anywhere in the universe, or that the universe couldn't be the symbolic deity itself. This is a matter of pure simple facts in reading comprehension, not religious beliefs.
    Sooooo, if you are a pastafarian, is your god the Flying Spaghetti Monster??? ha!

    flying_spaghetti_monster.jpg

  • #17
    Ultimate Carrie Fan clh_hilary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    México
    Posts
    9,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathie Wynkoop View Post
    Sooooo, if you are a pastafarian, is your god the Flying Spaghetti Monster??? ha!

    flying_spaghetti_monster.jpg
    Yes.

    he_boiled_for_your_sins_t.jpg

    But it's all right if other people don't worship it. It is affecting all of us every single minute anyway. The theory of gravity, like the theory of evolution, is just a theory. The truth is that we are all touched by the FSM to stay on earth.

  • #18
    Insane Carrie Fan carebear4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, On
    Posts
    5,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathie Wynkoop View Post
    Sooooo, if you are a pastafarian, is your god the Flying Spaghetti Monster??? ha!

    flying_spaghetti_monster.jpg
    As is mine. I will thank you not to laugh at my religion.

  • #19
    Ultimate Carrie Fan clh_hilary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    México
    Posts
    9,741
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    As is mine. I will thank you not to laugh at my religion.
    From the holy eight I'd Rather You Don'ts:
    1. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Act Like a Sanctimonious Holier-Than-Thou Ass When Describing My Noodly Goodness. If Some People Don't Believe In Me, That's Okay. Really, I'm Not That Vain. Besides, This Isn't About Them So Don't Change The Subject.

    And I have just finished my lunch so I am allowed to point my finger at you!

  • #20
    Obsessed Carrie Fan Cathie Wynkoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Back in Kansas.....there's no place like home!!!
    Posts
    2,236
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    Yes.

    he_boiled_for_your_sins_t.jpg

    But it's all right if other people don't worship it. It is affecting all of us every single minute anyway. The theory of gravity, like the theory of evolution, is just a theory. The truth is that we are all touched by the FSM to stay on earth.
    When you say "touched", it gives me a real creepy feeling. (smiley)

    Soooo....if you misbehave, it's 40 lashes with a wet noodle??? (smiley)


  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Cassadee Pope Goes Country - Debut Album Era
      By gaycarebear in forum Music
      Replies: 41
      Last Post: 06-04-2014, 10:41 PM
    2. Replies: 3
      Last Post: 04-30-2013, 03:04 AM
    3. Pope Benedict XVI announced his resignation
      By CountrymusicCarrieIsAmazing in forum Current Events
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 02-12-2013, 03:32 AM
    4. Stefano Langone Reveals S10 Romance, Poor Pay for Summer Tour
      By Claire2004 in forum American Idol Chatter
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 05-24-2012, 08:27 PM
    5. Poor support this week as carrie fan
      By carriehq in forum Carrie Underwood Chart Talk
      Replies: 26
      Last Post: 08-06-2011, 10:27 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •