Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Randy Travis in critical condition

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Carrie just posted on facebook saying she is thinking of her friend Randy Travis and she's praying for him
    rainbow1 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    @JayDemarcus Sending much love and prayers for our buddy @randytravis... Speeding recovery please, we need you!!
    rainbow1 and carrieismy1idol like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Randy Travis In Congestive Heart Failure But Condition Improving
    By: Matt Bjorke

Last Updated: July 10, 2013 12:07 PM

Up until 3 weeks ago, Randy Travis was in great physical conditions. But then somewhere he contracted a viral upper respiratory illness which lead to him being admitted to Baylor Medical Center on Sunday July 7, Dr. William Gray, the Director of cardiovascular services at Baylor Medical Center said in a statement released today.

Travis was admitted to Baylor McKinney with a presumptive cardiomyopathy and congestive heart failure. At the hospital he was stabilized and sub sequentially sent to The Heart Hospital of Baylor's Plano, Texas campus for higher specialized care.

Dr. Michael Mack, the director of cardiovascular disease at Baylor Health Care System in Dallas said Randy Travis' condition has stabilized and he has shown signs of improvement since being admitted to The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano.

Read more at Reports: Randy Travis In Congestive Heart Failure But Condition Improving | New Country Music, Listen to Songs & Video | Roughstock.com

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    Randy Travis In Congestive Heart Failure But Condition Improving
    By: Matt Bjorke

Last Updated: July 10, 2013 12:07 PM

Up until 3 weeks ago, Randy Travis was in great physical conditions. But then somewhere he contracted a viral upper respiratory illness which lead to him being admitted to Baylor Medical Center on Sunday July 7, Dr. William Gray, the Director of cardiovascular services at Baylor Medical Center said in a statement released today.

Travis was admitted to Baylor McKinney with a presumptive cardiomyopathy and congestive heart failure. At the hospital he was stabilized and sub sequentially sent to The Heart Hospital of Baylor's Plano, Texas campus for higher specialized care.

Dr. Michael Mack, the director of cardiovascular disease at Baylor Health Care System in Dallas said Randy Travis' condition has stabilized and he has shown signs of improvement since being admitted to The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano.

Read more at Reports: Randy Travis In Congestive Heart Failure But Condition Improving | New Country Music, Listen to Songs & Video | Roughstock.com
    Congestive heart failure, yikes.

I wouldn't think someone like him would be in any type of 'great' condition, though, considering all the substance abuse issues he has dealt with.

Glad to see his stabilized and showing improvement.

Get well soon, Randy!

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    Congestive heart failure, yikes.

I wouldn't think someone like him would be in any type of 'great' condition, though, considering all the substance abuse issues he has dealt with.

Glad to see his stabilized and showing improvement.

Get well soon, Randy!
    I am quite familiar with congestive heart failure as I have been in congestive heart failure for the better part of 8 years and I am only about a year older the Randy Travis. It can be managed through medication and diet as long as it doesn't continue to deteriorate. In my case it is hereditary and isn't likely to improve. Randy's may be from the virus and may improve in the future. Either way medical science has ways to address this. But without knowing more detail, it is hard to say if this is life threatening or not.
    Last edited by cary78663; 07-10-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    I am quite familiar with congestive heart failure as I have been in congestive heart failure for the better party 8 years and I am only about a year older the Randy Travis. It can be managed through medication and diet as long as it doesn't continue to deteriorate. In my case it is hereditary and isn't likely to improve. Randy's may be from the virus and may improve in the future. Either way medical science has ways to address this. But without knowing more detail, it is hard to say if this is life threatening or not.
    You are correct. Randy's drinking habit has not helped the situation at all. I wish him---and you---the very best.

Concert Stars
    News outlets are reporting Randy has suffered a stroke as a complication of congestive heart failure, and is undergoing surgery now. So sad. We're pulling for you, Randy!

Randy Travis Suffers Stroke : People.com
    DizzyDollyDee and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    How fragile life is. My thoughts and prayers are with Randy tonight.
    rainbow1 and glenn7 like this.

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    Breaking News ‏@BreakingNews 1h Randy Travis' publicist says the singer has suffered a stroke in a Texas hospital, in surgery - @AP
    Countryfan2448 likes this.

The Tennessean ‏@Tennessean 19m RT @TNMusicNews: As @randytravis undergoes surgery, fellow country artists offer prayers: http://tnne.ws/1acFGjb

The Oak Ridge Boys ‏@oakridgeboys 30m Our friends @websterpr report that @randytravis has had a stroke and is in critical condition... Prayers appreciated!!

Steve Wariner ‏@stevewariner 22m Prayers for my friend Randy Travis please! He has suffered a stroke

The Oak Ridge Boys ‏@oakridgeboys 20m
    @stevewariner: Prayers for my friend Randy Travis please! He has suffered a stroke” praying with you Steve!!

MusicRow Magazine ‏@MusicRow 44m Randy Travis Suffers Stroke; Prayers Requested http://goo.gl/fb/VgY3m

CMT ‏@CMT 46m .@RandyTravis suffers stroke in Dallas-area hospital. Get the latest on his condition: http://at.cmt.com/mQOhV , & send up some more prayers!

NBC News ‏@NBCNews 54m Country singer Randy Travis, in hospital since Sunday, suffers stroke, is undergoing surgery, publicist says http://nbcnews.to/11DYpUo

E! Online ‏@eonline 49s Randy Travis has suffered a stroke and is in critical condition after undergoing emergency surgery: http://eonli.ne/18OAiVp

ExtraTV ‏@extratv 21m Randy Travis Suffers Stroke in Hospital: http://oak.ctx.ly/r/7fda

Concert Stars
    My prayers for Randy, and thank you for sharing with us, Cary. My best to you!!
    glenn7 likes this.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    I'm terribly afraid for Randy right now. I pray that he makes it through and makes a full recovery. Strokes can be really terrible especially on top of the heart problems he was already having.

•  
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast