Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 911 said to be caused by gays having rights

Post 911 said to be caused by gays having rights

WATCH: Bachmann Link Gay Rights to 9/11 in 'Pray Day' Push | Advocate.com

WATCH: Bachmann Link Gay Rights to 9/11 in 'Pray Day' Push

Forget the economy, gun rights, or immigration, the Minnesota congresswoman is hung up on creating a September 11 “National Day of Prayer and Fasting" to remind America of its sins.
    BY NEAL BROVERMAN

MAY 13 2013 12:16 PM ET

Minnesota congresswoman Michele Bachmann upped the ante on her conservatism by recently advocating for a September 11 "National Day of Prayer and Fasting" to not only commemorate lives lost in 2001 and 2012, but to remember the terrorist attacks that occurred on those days were the fault of Americans.
    “Our nation has seen judgment not once but twice on September 11 (the attacks in 2001 and the attack on the Benghazi consulate 11 years later) and that’s why we’re going to have ‘9-11 Pray’ on that day,” Bachmann said at a Capitol Hill event last week. “Is there anything better that we can do on that day rather than to humble ourselves and pray to an almighty God?”
    Bachmann is teaming with World Net Daily editor Joseph Farah, a noted homophobe, to promote the event. Farah believes the advancement of gay rights is partly responsible for the attacks of September 11. The U.S. is in the midst of a “slide from moral malaise to cultural hedonism," he said.
    Bachmann may be especially tense when it comes to LGBT rights as her home state is currentlydebating marriage equality, with the state house passing it last week and the senate debating it on Monday.
    Read more here.

I love Bachmann so much :')

Concert Stars
    Hey, if 9/11 happened as a result of our Country trying to improve itself with compassion and inclussion, than I say "at least it happened for a purpose other than increasing terrorists agendas".

I'm good with that.

Concert Stars
    Michelle Bachman is a freaking idiot.
    carebear4eva likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Michelle is no more an idiot than the left who say that Bush caused this.. Michelle is conservative woman who also happen to be a Christian so she is an easy target because she does not go hand in hand with their views.
    Cathie Wynkoop and gna like this.

Concert Stars
    Just keep telling yourself that smilesalot.
    carebear4eva likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    Just keep telling yourself that smilesalot.
    Excuse me.. I don't need to keep telling myself anything. We all are entitled to different opinions and I respect others and I expect the same. I'm a conservative Christian and i'm proud of it and I can appreciate everyone views without being a jerk about it.
    Cathie Wynkoop and gna like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by smilesalot2day View Post
    Michelle is no more an idiot than the left who say that Bush caused this.. Michelle is conservative woman who also happen to be a Christian so she is an easy target because she does not go hand in hand with their views.
    I don't know her personally. I only know the person she projects onto the public stage.

And that person is an extremist who uses religion as a means of gaining noteriety.
    And it works.
    I am just grateful that there are enough strongwilled hard working conservative republicans out there that see her for what she really is. And therefore, her extreme attempts to gain attention fail to actually accomplish anything than shine a light on her own selfish desire to "gain"! Lots of innocent people died that day. How sad that she would drag that out over and over to gain attention for herself.

She sells hate. And she uses religion to do it.

Yuck.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    [QUOTE=pklongbeach;4455015]I don't know her personally. I only know the person she projects onto the public stage.

And that person is an extremist who uses religion as a means of gaining noteriety.
    And it works.
    I am just grateful that there are enough strongwilled hard working conservative republicans out there that see her for what she really is. And therefore, her extreme attempts to gain attention fail to actually accomplish anything than shine a light on her own selfish desire to "gain"! Lots of innocent people died that day. How sad that she would drag that out over and over to gain attention for herself.

Yuck. So your saying then that nobody on the left promotes their own agenda and that they have the right to spew whatever nonsense that comes out of their mouth is ok? I am sick and tired of people pointing out or just selective on who they choose too call them radical or crazy. Nancy Pelosi is more hateful and a hypocrite then Michelle is and don't get me started on the women in Hollywood who spew their hate and are deemed hero's. I don't agree with all she says but she is not the only one and the liberal have plenty to be ashamed of as well.
    Cathie Wynkoop likes this.

Quoting Bachmann,

"Sodom and Gomorrah thought they could defy the will of God - and we all know what happened to them. If the governor signs this legislation [Minnesota's marriage equality bill] into law the Minneapolis-St. Paul region will be next."
    Quoting pklongbeach,

Matches up pretty well.
    pklongbeach likes this.

Concert Stars
    [QUOTE=smilesalot2day;4455016]
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I don't know her personally. I only know the person she projects onto the public stage.

And it works.

Yuck. So your saying then that nobody on the left promotes their own agenda and that they have the right to spew whatever nonsense that comes out of their mouth is ok? I am sick and tired of people pointing out or just selective on who they choose too call them radical or crazy. Nancy Pelosi is more hateful and a hypocrite then Michelle is and don't get me started on the women in Hollywood who spew their hate and are deemed hero's. I don't agree with all she says but she is not the only one and the liberal have plenty to be ashamed of as well.
    I don't mean to get into a discussion about the right and left side. I have good freinds on both.
    I thought this article was about one person. And that one person was who I was refering to.
    I even sighted the fact that there are many many many conservative republicans who do not do as she does, Thank The Lord!

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    [QUOTE=pklongbeach;4455026]
    Quote Originally Posted by smilesalot2day View Post
    I don't mean to get into a discussion about the right and left side. I have good freinds on both.
    I thought this article was about one person. And that one person was who I was refering to.
    I even sighted the fact that there are many many many conservative republicans who do not do as she does, Thank The Lord!
    You did nothing wrong. I wasn't upset about the article I was upset not with you but someone else. Politics is always a hot topic and I usually don't post, but wanted to point out that mostly conservative women are targeted and it goes on both sides but is hardly reported.

Concert Stars
    The literal fact is, Christians have been killing people for over a thousand years for not believing the way they want people to believe. They have torchured, mame'd murdered.

The least of what they do is elienate and disenfranchise people. Which is just as terrible.
    Michelle reflects this mindset, and I find it deplorable.

I don't call myself a christian anymore. I did for the first half of my life. But too many christians convinced me that to call yourself a christian you must hate yourself as well.

Well the God of the christian faith that I was raised on will NOT allow me to hate myself in his name.
    So I don't call myself a christian. I am just a man seeking Gods path for my life.

But when I see people like Michelle try to convince the world that Gay people made 9/11 happen and not religious nuts, I relalize I made the right decission not calling myself a christian anymore.

Cause whatever she is, and whatever God has for me and my life, they are not the same!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Don't take what so-called Christians say by itself - be like the Bereans and verify what is said with Scripture.

The Bible never says to hate yourself to be a Christian. Whoever said it twisted Luke 9:23, which says to "deny yourself". Now, one needs to understand what deny means within the context of Luke chapter 9, as well as the whole counsel of God (relevant passages in Bible).

I won't even attempt to debate you on your first statement, which is so sweeping and unfairly stated.

Doesn't anyone consider that the U.S. killing of over 100,000 civilians in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan..........and the fact that we are allied with the long-time enemies of these terrorist groups (Israel, Saudi Arabia, etc,) might be a reason for them to think of us as an enemy? I don't think our hedonism is their biggest beef.
    pklongbeach likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    Don't take what so-called Christians say by itself - be like the Bereans and verify what is said with Scripture.

The Bible never says to hate yourself to be a Christian. Whoever said it twisted Luke 9:23, which says to "deny yourself". Now, one needs to understand what deny means within the context of Luke chapter 9, as well as the whole counsel of God (relevant passages in Bible).

I won't even attempt to debate you on your first statement, which is so sweeping and unfairly stated.
    The problem with regard to self-hate was that I was a christian and gay.
    And I believed for a long time that God had a purpose for me in who I was.
    But too many christians have shouted too much junk from the moutain tops for me to accept that I am one of them. I just can't be.
    I can be gay. And I can (in my understanding of Gods will for my life) be christian. But I will not associate myself with the term christian anymore.
    Too many christians have turned the word into something that means something other than following Jesus teachings. I don't see jesus teachings in those people. Therefore, I won't call myself that.
    Christ does not call me to refer to myself with that name. So I won't.
    Denying oneself for Christ is a fundamental principle that I have believed and accepted from childhood.
    But alas, I don't see christians doing it at all, ever. So I just don't see my assoiciation with them again on this matter.

As for chritians killing in the name of "their preceived god"; there is really no argument to have.

gna
    Carrie Follower
    the word of God says there are many false teachers that come in the name of Christ & to be aware so as not to be fooled. Everyone must study & find their own salvation.

Surely the word of god said there are many false teachers, and we need to be especially cautious about women in general, because:

Timothy 2:12: 'But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.'

She is literally dishonouring god by speaking tbh.
    pklongbeach likes this.

gna
    Carrie Follower
    if you look @ I Corinthians 14:34-36 it also deals with women teaching paying close attention to the last verse. you can take any verse & prove a point as seen by antigay groups. I was only saying people need to be careful in what they take to heart as God's leading. I am not right or left wing but get very tried of each group saying the other is wrong (& it does go both ways). "IF" I thought being gay was wrong I would still stand to the death for the right to be gay as I would hope anyone who is gay would stand for my right to believe it's wrong. there is only 1 judge & He has said there is only ! unforgivable sin in this life & the life to come. I will expand my statement to say do not take 1 or a handful of verses to live by but study & I'm not saying that is what you are doing. I don't usually comment on this subject for many reasons & this will be my last post on this subject. Am not trying to offend anyone.

Last version you mean within 35-36 right? One might argue that the women silent rule applies only in church contexts, but I think it really means anything about religious teachings, if not on all matters. People at that time had no concept of women rights so that should not be surprising.

---

On a more on topic note, I think she, and everybody got it wrong.

Let's just assume the Hebrew god does exist. Let's assume he (assuming he is a he) did cause everything to happen. Let's assume 911 was intended by this god, and let's assume it is about gay rights.

Anyone noticed that 911 actually happened in 2001, and in 2001 no states had been allowing any sorts of same-sex marriages? MA was the first state who did, and that was in 2003.

But what actually happened in 2001 regarding gay rights? Right, in that exact same year, five months before 911 happened actually, Netherlands became the first country in the world to legalise gay marriage.

If this god is mad that gays are getting rights, why did he attack a nation with little gay rights, but not one that had given gays equal rights? To punish the loyals and reward the evil ones? That doesn't make any sense.

IF it was god's work, it logically meant god was mad at America for not having even a state legalising gay marriage.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast