Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Muslim Excused for Raping in AU as Muslims do not Recognise Women as Humans

Quote Originally Posted by barbapapa View Post
    I don't normally post on this site but after the reading the thread title i thought i should say something.
    I am a Muslim and as far as i know Women are not seen as "possessions" in Islam. Rape is rape and there are no loopholes :\
    It was just really offensive reading the thread title. It maybe in afghan culture that women are not seen as humans, but true Muslims hold all women in a position of high regard.
    I just wanted to let you all know that not all muslim communities are like this.
    That is all.
    Oh, make no mistake, honey, no one is saying that this is what all Muslims think. I grew up in a Muslim country, so I know fully well that not all Muslim communities think that.

The purpose of this thread (and the title) was more to illustrate how despicable people can hide behind their religion to excuse a crime, and underscore why religion must be kept out of the government, the legislature and the courtrooms.
    clh_hilary likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    Oh, make no mistake, honey, no one is saying that this is what all Muslims think. I grew up in a Muslim country, so I know fully well that not all Muslim communities think that.

The purpose of this thread (and the title) was more to illustrate how despicable people can hide behind their religion to excuse a crime, and underscore why religion must be kept out of the government, the legislature and the courtrooms.
    I lived in Indonesia (the largest Islamic country in the world) for a long long time, and I agree with you "A rape is a rape" !!

Actually did you Muslims read the news a while ago with a Muslim leader saying it'd be all right for people to rape women in Syria as long as they are not Muslims? The ones the power seem to disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    Actually did you Muslims read the news a while ago with a Muslim leader saying it'd be all right for people to rape women in Syria as long as they are not Muslims? The ones the power seem to disagree with you.
    He doesn't speak for the religion any more than the Westboro Baptist Church do for Christianity.

•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12