Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By teesharky
  • 1 Post By carebear4eva

Thread: 13-month-old Baby Shot By 14-year-old Georgian

Post 13-month-old Baby Shot Dead by 14-year-old Georgian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/mar/23/georgia-baby-stroller-murder-arrests?INTCMP=SRCH

Two teenagers have been arrested and accused of fatally shooting a 13-month-old baby in the face and wounding his mother, in a leafy neighborhood in Georgia.

Sherry West said she had just been to the post office a few blocks from her apartment on Thursday morning and was pushing her son, Antonio, in his stroller when she was approached by a tall, skinny teenager, accompanied by a smaller boy.
    "He asked me for money and I said I didn't have it," she told The Associated Press. "When you have a baby, you spend all your money on babies. They're expensive. And he kept asking and I just said, 'I don't have it.' And he said, 'Do you want me to kill your baby?' And I said, 'No, don't kill my baby.'"
    West said one of the teenagers fired four shots, grazing her ear and striking her in the leg, before he walked around to the stroller and shot the baby in the face.
    Seventeen-year-old De'Marquis Elkins is charged as an adult with first-degree murder, along with a 14-year-old who was not identified because he is a juvenile, Police Chief Tobe Green said. Police announced the arrest on Friday afternoon after combing school records and canvassing neighborhoods as they searched for the pair. Green said the motive was still under investigation and the weapon had not been found.
    West said detectives showed her mugshots of about 24 young men. She pointed to one, saying he looked like the gunman. "After I picked him, they said they had him in custody," West said.
    West said she thought the other suspect looked much younger: "That little boy did not look 14."
    The murder happened around the corner from West's apartment in the city's Old Town historic district. It is not West's first loss of a child to violence. West said her 18-year-old son, Shaun Glassey, had been killed in with a steak knife during an attack involving several other teens on a dark street corner in Gloucester County, New Jersey.
    "He and some other boys were going to ambush a kid," Bernie Weisenfeld, a spokesman for the county prosecutor's office, told the AP on Friday. Glassey was armed with a knife, but the 17-year-old target of the attack was able to get the knife away from him "and Glassey ended up on the wrong end of the knife", Weisenfeld recalled.
    Prosecutors decided that the 17-year-old would not be charged because they determined that he acted in self-defense.

Why wasn't the baby armed??

Last edited by clh_hilary; 03-24-2013 at 11:51 PM.

Concert Stars
    I just don't have words.

Concert Stars
    Just makes me sick to my stomach..

Concert Stars
    That is terrible! Ugh. Anyone who kills a baby should go straight to hell!
    pklongbeach likes this.

Hil
    What is wrong with people!....I just, I can't comprehend what would make anyone do such an evil thing.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    What is wrong with people!....I just, I can't comprehend what would make anyone do such an evil thing.
    The complete loss of a soul and will to live.
    This is someone who was not cared for.
    Parents, care for your children.

Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    Why wasn't the baby armed??
    This.
    clh_hilary likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    That is terrible! Ugh. Anyone who kills a baby should go straight to hell!
    Not really how it works. If he repents and believes in God, he'll go to Heaven with Taylor Swift. The baby, however, is unlikely to be a concious believer, and thus will go straight to Hell with all of us.

Concert Stars
    This is just the most horrible kind of sad. I just have no words............

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    This happens in Chicago all the time. We have the highest murder rate in any big city yet we ban all guns. I am fearful of my life because I can't defend myself either and the gangs don't follow the law. What should I do, move? I will have to.

•