Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By countryfan2006
  • 2 Post By Farawayhills

Thread: Loretta Lynn to celebrate 50th Opry Anniversary Is Carrie going to be involved in it?

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar

Loretta Lynn to celebrate 50th Opry Anniversary Is Carrie going to be involved in it?

I get email messages from Opry.com and they are going to Celebrate Loretta Lynn on September 25th (Do you guys know of Carrie's going to be involved in it because i know that recently Carrie sang You're Looking At Country) do you think they will show her version of it at this opry show?

Loretta Lynn To Celebrate 50th Opry Anniversary With Star-Packed Show September 25 - Opry.com

here's a video (thanks to the capper):

Sorry to go OT, but Loretta Lynn is playing in my city on Sept. 13th! Do you guys think I should go? Tickets are relatively cheap - 39$-89$. I'm very tempted, because I do adore her.

Has anyone been to a recent concert of hers?

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    I have not heard her lately. Don't know if it would be good or not.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    Sorry to go OT, but Loretta Lynn is playing in my city on Sept. 13th! Do you guys think I should go? Tickets are relatively cheap - 39$-89$. I'm very tempted, because I do adore her.

Has anyone been to a recent concert of hers?
    She's a legend. I'd say go. I'm sure she puts on an interesting show. Plus, her material is great.

Concert Stars
    I really wish Carrie was a part of this. I think it would have been better for her to go to the opry that night instead of tonight. She has off that night and will be in Nashville a few days before for her Nashville show. She could fly out to Green Bay right after the event.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    I think you might have something when you talk about a video segment. It might just be a congratulations thing but that may be why she is at the Opry. To record her message.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by countryfan2006 View Post
    I get email messages from Opry.com and they are going to Celebrate Loretta Lynn on September 25th (Do you guys know of Carrie's going to be involved in it because i know that recently Carrie sang You're Looking At Country) do you think they will show her version of it at this opry show?

Loretta Lynn To Celebrate 50th Opry Anniversary With Star-Packed Show September 25 - Opry.com

here's a video (thanks to the capper):

I think that's quite possible they'll show Carrie's YLAC if GAC televises the show.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    The Opry have used the hash tag "You're Looking At Country" when publicizing the event - but I don't know if that implies some involvement of Carrie or her tribute version.

Loretta is a legend, and probably always worth seeing. She continues to tour quite a lot - but had to be hospitalized with heat exhaustion recently. Last year, she co-billed with the Court Yard Hounds. In some concerts, she's appeared with her granddaughter, Tayla.

Tayla sings many of her "memaw"'s songs, and may appear at the Opry - but she also has her own group, Stealing Angels (a trio, with Jennifer Wayne and Caroline Cutbirth)

Tayla is the dark girl singing lead in this video:

robinannhunt and Ann055 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    Miranda sure does kiss her butt a lot it seems.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie&Taylor View Post
    Miranda sure does kiss her butt a lot it seems.
    Kissing ass is how many "climb the ladder".

Part-of-life!

•