Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Neil Armstrong dead at 82

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    RIP
    Becca

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    RIP Neil Armstrong he is going to be miss by many (I for one wasn't born yet when he landed on the moon in 1969)

Concert Stars
    Rip

just another fan

with all the news recently about the other Armstrong (Lance), i actually got myself confused and thought what a crazy few days for that Armstrong.

Concert Stars
    Armstrong was a true hero.
    Coincidentally, I was at the Air and Space Museum today and heard the retelling of the story of the first moon landing. What courage he displayed!

Insane Carrie Fan buckeyecarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    His birthplace, Wapakoneta, Ohio is about an hour and a half away from where I'm from, and my high school is in a league with Wapakoneta High School, so I get down to that area quite a bit. They have a museum in his honor down there that I've always meant to stop at but never have. I think sometime next year I'll have to get down there and go check it out.

As a kid I was always fascinated by space and then finding out that the first man to walk on the moon was from so close to home hooked me in. RIP Mr. Armstrong, you're a true American hero. Thanks for being one of the few to come out of Northwest Ohio to actually do something great for humanity.

Concert Stars
    I've been fascinated by space for a long time now. I even considered going into it as a career. So this death just strikes a chord with me. RIP Neil. I remember the heart surgery. I think I even tweeted about it. So sad.

Thank you for being brave enough to explore a totally new frontier. May you have fun exploring another.

Concert Stars
    He was my hero. :'(

May he rest in peace.

Concert Stars
    R.I.P. Neil Armstrong.

R.i.p.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    RIP Neil
    I remember as a child being allowed to stay up way past my bedtime to watch him walk on the moon.
    Was a fuzzy hard to really see picture, but oh what a moment.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    I was in Angels Stadium watching the Angels & Oakland A's on 7/20/69. There was a moment of silence followed by a huge roar of applause.

RIP Neil, now he can take that one last step for mankind! Even though it's a huge step for man.

Concert Stars
    Here's a wonderful wish by the family of Neil. It is a way we can all honor and remember him.

"For those who may ask what they can do to honor Neil, we have a simple request. Honor his example of service, accomplishment and modesty, and the next time you walk outside on a clear night and see the moon smiling down at you, think of Neil Armstrong and give him a wink."

Here's a link to the whole story

Neil Armstrong's family wants you to look at the moon ... and give a wink - Cosmic Log
    allamericangirl8 likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Those early space pioneers were so brave. There is always uncertainty in that kind of exploration. What they and tbeir families went though for their country just amazes me. I get a little crazy when those conspiracy theory people claim we never walked on the moon....but the same lunatics don't think there was a Holocaust or that our own government is responsible for the9/11 attacks. I guess that saya it all. You men were all true pioneers and made us proud to be Americans in an uncertain world. I am very greatful for all that you accomplished and the true integrity that you carried on in life. This country will always consider you a hero....RIP

•