Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Paul Ryan selected as running mate

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Paul Ryan selected as running mate

Obviously, anything political can cause conflict. I'm not even stating who I am voting for but this is an major current event so I thought I'd post it. Feel free to remove if it causes a fight.
    Mitt Romney Introduces Paul Ryan as Running Mate - ABC News
    Becca
    Pi314CA, rainbow1, Gator and 2 others like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Love his choice!!!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Come on Becca, how could this start arguements? lol

That is a VERY gutsy pick.
    bigbluegrl23 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Thanks for the post, Becca. Hopefully, the ensuing "arguments" will be on issues and not personal. IMO, I love the choice as this puts the national deficit and spending issue front and center.
    rainbow1, Gator, glenn7 and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Really like his choice!!
    glenn7 and nanna05 like this.

Concert Stars
    A side note: They said his wife was orginally from Oklahoma.
    glenn7 and Cathie Wynkoop like this.

Concert Stars
    He graduated from where I go to school actually haha
    Becca
    rainbow1, glenn7 and Smokyiiis like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Love his choice!

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie Country's Avatar
    Romney/Ryan LOL!!!!!!! These two clowns doesn't stand a chance come November. If elected things will just end up how they were when Bush was president. Right when Obama is working on getting us out of that mess which he is now. Romney just handed Obama his second term by making this decision!!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Obama's 3.5 yr track records of getting us out of this mess is not that impressive... using Obama's 2008 campaign slogan: it's time for a change. Ryan>>>Biden. Just look at what each gentlemen has done in the last 3.5 yrs.

Concert Stars
    uh o haha... although, and this isn't a political statement, just something I heard from my professor in a business class I was taking. He said all economies have up and downs. and the fact of the matter is, most of the time there is no magic plan to fix it. an economy will always have upswings and downswings.
    Becca

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Here we go.
    JB172 and Cathie Wynkoop like this.

Concert Stars
    We need a little R & R after the last 3 years.
    glenn7, nanna05 and Cathie Wynkoop like this.

He’s less conservative on social issues.
    Ryan generally avoids social issues like gay rights, a fact that has sometimes gotten him in trouble with conservative activists. In 2007, he voted for a bill that would ban employment discrimination based on sexual orientation. He explained his vote because he had friends “who didn’t choose to be gay… they were just created that way.” He later lamented that he “took a lot of crap” for that stance. He’s also backed versions of the DREAM and he voted for the auto bailout – a smart move representing a district that lost nearly 17,000 jobs after GM and Chrysler shuttered facilities there.

Read more: Eight Things You Should Know About Romney Running Mate Paul Ryan | Swampland | TIME.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    Obama's 3.5 yr track records of getting us out of this mess is not that impressive... using Obama's 2008 campaign slogan: it's time for a change. Ryan>>>Biden. Just look at what each gentlemen has done in the last 3.5 yrs.

But who caused this mess? BUSH a republican! What are Romney and Ryan? Republicans and their plan is to take us right back where we were. Meanwhile Obama is getting us out as we speak slowly but surely. Nobody ever said it was going to happen over night. And if Romney thinks he can turn this country around that fast he's delusional. It's in such a huge mess there's no quick fix!!
    clh_hilary likes this.

Concert Stars
    Ronald Reagan did , he put measures in to create jobs quickly and lower taxes across the board to ignite growth in businesses. It had a huge impact and changed our economy. I think your professor may be just a little biased, lol. Just saying, facts are facts....job creation is a big issue and whether you are Rep or Dem it is still the main issue. We have lost so many jobs because of over regulations of the EPA and government and it has impacted our economy. There has to be some middle ground. It can't be competely right or completely left. It has to be middle mainstream. I'm not seeing that yet but for the sake of our country someone better go to that place for the American people. Sonebody needs to say enough is enough and let's worry about America's economy and growth. I'm concerned there are no Ronald Reagans left out there.
    glenn7, rainbow1 and Smokyiiis like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nanna05 View Post
    Ronald Reagan did , he put measures in to create jobs quickly and lower taxes across the board to ignite growth in businesses. It had a huge impact and changed our economy. I think your professor may be just a little biased, lol. Just saying, facts are facts....job creation is a big issue and whether you are Rep or Dem it is still the main issue. We have lost so many jobs because of over regulations of the EPA and government and it has impacted our economy. There has to be some middle ground. It can't be competely right or completely left. It has to be middle mainstream. I'm not seeing that yet but for the sake of our country someone better go to that place for the American people. Sonebody needs to say enough is enough and let's worry about America's economy and growth. I'm concerned there are no Ronald Reagans left out there.

Ronald Reagan didn't take power of this country after George W Bush who created this biggest economic mess since the great depression. THE BIGGEST!!! I hate to argue over President Reagan because he was a great man. One of the last great republican presidents him and George H.W Bush! But it's the truth W ruined this country. And it doesn't matter who became president after him even if it wasn't Obama this mess would have been all in their hands too!!!

Concert Stars
    I was disappointed with Bush also but he didnt create this "mess" by himself. Dodd and Frank, Freddie Mac, and a few others exploded the housing mess with laws that were passed and little accountablity or oversight for banking loans. there was corruption and a bubble that just happened to break during the end of Bush's term. This could not of occured by the actions of one man. Laws were passed by Congress that lead to crisis. Many people contributed to it both Rep and Dem, Bush was just in office at the time. I'm not saying he didn't have issues or am I defending him...just saying giving billions of dollars to people for house loans who had no means of paying them created the housing crisis and a domino effect. It is unfair to blame one man for something that was caused by many Dems and Reps. just saying... it is never black or white but usually grey.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I thought this thread is to discuss Ryan as the VP choice for Romney, perhaps his qualifications, his body of work, etc. Apparently not. So, I'm outta here.
    glenn7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    I thought this thread is to discuss Ryan as the VP choice for Romney, perhaps his qualifications, his body of work, etc. Apparently not. So, I'm outta here.
    Paul Ryan qualifications? HA!!!!!
    carebear4eva likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast