Insane Carrie Fan

International Justice-Kony 2012-Invisible Children

Please take the time to watch this video, then spread and share word to anyone and everyone you know. Let's be apart of this and work to stop this injustice. "Where you live shouldn't determine whether you live."

Here is their website for more information-you can support them and their cause there as well: Invisible Children - About Us
    Last edited by carriecountrystar; 03-07-2012 at 03:22 PM.

Concert Stars
    Did this debut tonight? Because it all of a sudden covered facebook...

Concert Stars
    OMG. This is terrible, I'll gladly join in support of this!

I bought a KONY bracelet and I think everyone else should too!!

Invisible Children | Kony2012

Huge Carrie Follower CrazyDreams1818's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Make sure you guys read up on Invisible Children before you support them. Not saying don't support them, but stay informed.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDreams1818 View Post
    Make sure you guys read up on Invisible Children before you support them. Not saying don't support them, but stay informed.
    Someone told me that much of this video is false. I don't know. I haven't read up on anything, but, for those who perhaps haven't, just be cautioned that it's easy to hop on board with a "Save the children!" cause when we've only seen one side.

I could be completely wrong about if this is 100% true or not, but I do think a lot of people who are hopping on board with this haven't read up enough on it, since that's what we tend to do when we see a children's campaign.

This is a great article to explain some people's wariness of this cause:

Michael Deibert: The Problem With Invisible Children's "Kony 2012"

Concert Stars
    This really is some terrible stuff; I had no idea things like this still went on in this day and time.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    NBC News is going to Uganda to investigate this group to make sure they can manage the money coming in..

Insane Carrie Fan
    I blogged about this.
    Kony 2012: Hype? Activism? Scam? – An Opinion « A Separate State of Mind

The Invisible Children group isn't as clean as they're made out to be.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by eliefares View Post
    I blogged about this.
    Kony 2012: Hype? Activism? Scam? – An Opinion « A Separate State of Mind

The Invisible Children group isn't as clean as they're made out to be.
    That was a really interesting read. Thank you.
    Becca

This is an account that gives you some more insight into that "Invisible Children" organization.....everybody just needs to be educated in this before they give money. Everyone jumped on this before they actually knew what it was about.

Visible Children - KONY 2012 Criticism

Insane Carrie Fan
    Hi Everyone,

Since I started this thread, I feel responsible for posting the video without looking into it first so sorry about that. I would have looked into this organization first but I mistook this for another that I jumped on sharing it too soon.
    Here are some of the articles I would encourage you to read about so you would be more apt to make a better judgement on this organization and cause.

Joseph Kony 2012: growing outrage in Uganda over film - Telegraph

http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/posts/...licated_things

We got trouble. - Visible Children - KONY 2012 Criticism

Here is Invisible Children's response to the criticism: InvisibleChildren

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Since I started this thread, I feel responsible for posting the video without looking into it first so sorry about that. I would have looked into this organization first but I mistook this for another that I jumped on sharing it too soon.
    Here are some of the articles I would encourage you to read about so you would be more apt to make a better judgement on this organization and cause.

Joseph Kony 2012: growing outrage in Uganda over film - Telegraph

http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/posts/...licated_things

We got trouble. - Visible Children - KONY 2012 Criticism

Here is Invisible Children's response to the criticism: InvisibleChildren
    This is the video my friend sent me.

^ yeah ive also seen that video as well.

it's just frustrating to me for a few reasons. I usually keep my voice out of political issues (because in politics someone is always unhappy) but I guess this one frustrates me so much because i saw so many people posting it on facebook on their status and i was like "do you even know what youre truly posting about". same with all the celebrities who posted it on twitter. But its just we have so many problems to fix here in our own country that we need to focus on as well and we're always so quick to jump in have save everyone else. Im sorry if it makes me sound heartless. I also feel like in a month no one will remember this, everyone is posting it on their status because its the "popular" thing to do and it's whats "in". Im sorry but posting a status isnt going to do anything. If you want to DO something go and do it.

(this has nothing to do about anyone who has posted in here Im just posting my opinions!!! SORRY!!)

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_Of_God View Post
    ^ yeah ive also seen that video as well.

it's just frustrating to me for a few reasons. I usually keep my voice out of political issues (because in politics someone is always unhappy) but I guess this one frustrates me so much because i saw so many people posting it on facebook on their status and i was like "do you even know what youre truly posting about". same with all the celebrities who posted it on twitter. But its just we have so many problems to fix here in our own country that we need to focus on as well and we're always so quick to jump in have save everyone else. Im sorry if it makes me sound heartless. I also feel like in a month no one will remember this, everyone is posting it on their status because its the "popular" thing to do and it's whats "in". Im sorry but posting a status isnt going to do anything. If you want to DO something go and do it.

(this has nothing to do about anyone who has posted in here Im just posting my opinions!!! SORRY!!)
    This is exactly how I feel. People always call me heartless because, well, it's like when a plane is in turbulence and the oxygen mask drops, right? Who should use it first? You or your baby? The correct answer is YOU because you can't save people if you're not taken care of. That's how I feel about America. We should save ourselves before we try to save others because then we're just spreading ourselves too thin.

I also hate how trendy it is to act like you legit give a sht about Ugandan children. These are the same people who change the channel whenever a charity ad appears on TV. Like I said earlier, it's easy to just say, "I CARE ABOUT THE CHILDREN OF UGANDA," when you a) really don't and b) don't even care enough to read followups about whether or not this is actually happening in Uganda.

I don't know. Just my two cents. I don't know everything about Kony 2012, but it just screams fishy to me, and I can't wrap my mind around why no one else I know personally finds it fishy, too.

^ exactly! and I guess Im lucky because I have several friends that do feel the same way I do. My best friend asked me why arent more people getting the word out about the negative aspects of this. And I personally think it's because if you look like you're attacking something that on the outside looks good it automatically makes you look like a bad person. Plus look at all the celebrities (who obviously didnt do their research) that are supporting it. Nobody wants to speak up against all of them. Once something has such momentum it's so hard to stop it.

Im not saying people shouldnt put their money into charities. If that's what you want to do then great. But im just asking for people to do a little more research into the charity theyre donating to before they do it

The Uganda government is indeed a pretty bad one, that's pretty much common knowledge for some actually. But that still doesn't mean Joseph Kony should not be arrested, and that doesn't make his crime any less horrible. After all, he IS the #1 criminal on the international list. The organization didn't make that up.

As for whether one should care about issues of others when they are not perfect. Well, nobody's ever perfect, so I suppose this means everyone should just be careless about other people? That's why it's about 'the more fortunate' helping the 'less fortunate', not the 'fortunate' helping the 'unfortunate'. And if everybody thinks this way, nobody will ever do anything. This American indifference was exactly what dragged both World Wars to be longer than they should be.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/15/op...d.html?_r=2&hp

Criticism towards the criticism, for anyone's interested.

•