Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieFan_01's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Mubarak Steps Down As President Of Egypt!

Anyone else here been following what has been going on in Egypt? Mubarak has finally stepped down as President of Egypt! After 30 years of ruling. So unbelievably happy for the people of Egypt. Watching their reaction is so amazing and beautiful.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I kinda follow it and the army takes over. What will likely happen is the army will declare marshal law on Egypt to keep the people in line. It's kinda like what happened in the Philippines when I use to live there when I was little they didn't like the president so they declared marshal law

Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieUFan1995's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Yeah, ive been following it because of my History class. I actually heard about him stepping down in History. Im glad the Egyptian people got what they wanted.

Carrie Guru
    Egypt is a beautiful country ! I've been there many times.

just another fan

i was eating at a middle eastern eatery today, and it was first announced on the news that he resigned, the owner of the eatery (who is Jordanian) was jumping for joy.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    i was eating at a middle eastern eatery today, and it was first announced on the news that he resigned, the owner of the eatery (who is Jordanian) was jumping for joy.
    did you try the "Lamb" ? Middle Eastern Lamb dish is the BEST.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Cathie Wynkoop's Avatar
    Back in Kansas.....there's no place like home!!!
    Concert Stars
    Hopefully the Egyptian people will now be treated as they should have been treated all these years. All the billions of dollars we have sent to them in the last 30+ years has not gone to aiding the people. Mubarak probably has most of it.

It took a lot of guts to rebel, and I am so happy for them. I pray everything turns out good for them!!

Concert Stars
    Im happy for the people of Egypt what an incredible day for them. Now comes the hard part WHAT NOW? Hopefully the MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD doesnt come to Power and turn Egypt into a bigger version of Iran right next to Isreal!!! The people of Egypt deserve to be free and i hope thats what they get for their incredible courage!!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I was just watching news coverage of the reaction in Egypt, and the people are so happy. How wonderful for them to finally get the result they wanted. I hope for the best for the people of Egypt as they face the future.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That's great for the Egyptians, I hope all's able to go well for them now

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    I was just watching news coverage of the reaction in Egypt, and the people are so happy. How wonderful for them to finally get the result they wanted. I hope for the best for the people of Egypt as they face the future.
    Ditto.

Concert Stars
    I think this story has been so incredible. I'm really happy for the people in Egypt. It's going to be very interesting watching what happens next over there.

Getting Mubarak out was easy. The next steps will be the hardest. The Army (Egypt's elite) is in charge now and you can bet that street demonstrations will mean nothing to them. It is now up to the Army to choose a transitional government that will not fight amongst themselves while writing a new constitution, choosing cabinet and parliamentary positions and opting for something that represents a people-elected government. Good luck with that.

Huge Carrie Follower carrie4aus's Avatar
    I also heard on our news last night that Mubarek and his family have enough money stashed away
    to pay off all of Egypts debts.
    That is a disgrace!!

major shame that the protesters decided to damage displays in the museum.That achieves nothing.

•