Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree391Likes

Thread: Southbound Music Video

Huge Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Southbound Music Video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pc4zBnvLt3g

I created this thread for those of us wishing to discuss the number of views, and other details about the video!

Btw, it’s #2 on iTunes!

Insane Carrie Fan
    I Love it, its great.

It's at 471,989
    txacar, Suellen, mbh and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I think it’s a wonderful combination of summer fun, family time, tourmate interaction and band member participation! Altogether a fun mashup!

I do do however hope that with the next single from this incredible album we get a full on story video with fantastic production
    rainbow1, ethelu and pklongbeach like this.

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    The video is really good I like it. Everyone keep streaming it !
    mbh, rainbow1 and ethelu like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Do we know who pays for the production of a music video? Is it the label?

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    505,000 views, as of 6/11/19.
    mbh and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Do we know who pays for the production of a music video? Is it the label?
    from this article - https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...and-make-money

"Typically, labels front the money for music video production. “They are the beneficiaries of the royalties that come from those videos, so it’s their obligation to pay for them,” Gershen says."

on costs
    "While it's possible to do a microbudget video armed only with creativity and a camera phone, the videos McColgan has worked on recently had budgets ranging from $80,000 to north of $500,000. “When I was green, some of my videos were in the $30,000 to $60,000 range. For household name artists, $100,000 to $125,000 is pretty average. But they might spend $300,000 or $400,000 on the first video from an album, and then save money on the follow-ups. Our budgets don’t include the artists’ glam teams and transportation costs, because that can double the cost: the stylist can be $50,000. And the worldwide superstars like Beyoncé and Katy Perry are easily spending a million-plus.” (Those numbers gibe with what other industry sources report.)"

“With relatively few exceptions, a video’s impact is fleeting,” Spierer says. “It’s hard to look back and justify overspending.”
    rainbow1, txacar, ethelu and 1 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    I love that article. I believe it could put a rest to many different conversation happening here about the worth of a music video.

I, for one, love how the views are steady! I hope people keep watching and enjoying. There’s so much in the video that it’s fun to rewatch and catch everything. My wife loved that she included her husband and son!
    rainbow1 and brenda218 like this.

Concert Stars
    507,000 views!
    rainbow1 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post

"Typically, labels front the money for music video production. “They are the beneficiaries of the royalties that come from those videos, so it’s their obligation to pay for them,” Gershen says."

on costs
    "While it's possible to do a microbudget video armed only with creativity and a camera phone, the videos McColgan has worked on recently had budgets ranging from $80,000 to north of $500,000. “When I was green, some of my videos were in the $30,000 to $60,000 range. For household name artists, $100,000 to $125,000 is pretty average. But they might spend $300,000 or $400,000 on the first video from an album, and then save money on the follow-ups. Our budgets don’t include the artists’ glam teams and transportation costs, because that can double the cost: the stylist can be $50,000. And the worldwide superstars like Beyoncé and Katy Perry are easily spending a million-plus.” (Those numbers gibe with what other industry sources report.)"

“With relatively few exceptions, a video’s impact is fleeting,” Spierer says. “It’s hard to look back and justify overspending.”
    I disagree with this last part. When a video is re-watchable, it keeps the artist in the spotlight longer while the song runs it's course. It increases streams, which can add to the songs impact/sales, as well as album sales/impact. When no one watches a video for a single it can hurt the single itself, as it won't be remembered as well as one with strong visuals. Look at all the terrible songs out there with highly produced videos, the videos are making people watch and increasing the popularity of the song, to suggest it wouldn't seems ridiculous.

This isn't a commentary on this video, just my opinion on what a music video can do.
    pklongbeach likes this.

Concert Stars
    I love the video for Southbound! It showcases a personal side of Carrie’s life that we don’t see often.
    rainbow1, txacar and brenda218 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole885 View Post
    I love the video for Southbound! It showcases a personal side of Carrie’s life that we don’t see often.
    This is why I think the video is doing decently so far!

Concert Stars
    Question: which one of the girls is the one going into the water at the end? She does a kind of somersault in the air first.
    mbh likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    Question: which one of the girls is the one going into the water at the end? She does a kind of somersault in the air first.
    That’s Melissa, and she hurt herself too.
    Smokyiiis, rainbow1, mbh and 1 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Southbound MV has 564,785.
    rainbow1 and mbh like this.

Concert Stars
    That’s almost 100K views within 24hrs! Honestly, not a bad amount of views per day!
    rainbow1, ethelu and mbh like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post

on costs

With relatively few exceptions, a video’s impact is fleeting,” Spierer says. “It’s hard to look back and justify overspending.”

Thanks because I think that tells me all I need to know. They probably just don’t think it does anything significant to spend an excess of money for a video that probably has little affection how the song does.
    maddkat likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    I disagree with this last part. When a video is re-watchable, it keeps the artist in the spotlight longer while the song runs it's course. It increases streams, which can add to the songs impact/sales, as well as album sales/impact. When no one watches a video for a single it can hurt the single itself, as it won't be remembered as well as one with strong visuals. Look at all the terrible songs out there with highly produced videos, the videos are making people watch and increasing the popularity of the song, to suggest it wouldn't seems ridiculous.

This isn't a commentary on this video, just my opinion on what a music video can do.
    But honestly unless you have any stats showing this I don’t think we can really prove a video is of much benefit. It may be for you but then for me I do not look at anyone’s videos accept Carrie period. I listen to the music but never watch videos ever. We can’t just say the article isn’t true unless we have concrete stats. This person probably has some knowledge of it. Aren't you just basing your comments on opinion and how you feel? I certainly have zero knowledge of whether it is true or not so I figure you can’t really either lol unless maybe you are in the business and do know. If so, I apologize. Maybe they don’t know either but it sounds like they are in a position to know possibly.

Insane Carrie Fan
    607,972 views, It's doing fantastic.
    rainbow1, ethelu and mbh like this.

•  
    Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast