Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree375Likes

Thread: Southbound Music Video

Concert Stars
    Still streaming while at office on a loop! Ya'll stream it!
    Suellen likes this.

Concert Stars
    725.2K now. Lot of streaming going on.
    Suellen and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by FanSince04 View Post
    ^ I believe that it's too early to tell. We are only on the 3rd single. Carrie's tour is far from over, which means the album cycle isn't complete. If I'm reading your "gems" comment correctly, then we are on the same page of wanting one of the following singles released: "Low", "Drinking Alone", or "Backsliding". I could see DA or Low being released in the fall/winter season! It'd be perfect!
    I like Drinking Alone (not sure its single material), I love Backsliding! The one I truly believe would change the direction of things is "That Song...ÖÖ". I personally would not want Low, because I think it is too close to the vibe of Cry Pretty, and we already did that this cycle, and it did not end well.

Concert Stars
    821,600 K views.....
    Keep streaming!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    828, 034
    rainbow1 likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    877K views!!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    882, 821
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Southbound video has slipped to #5 on iTunes.

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    It's at 906k now.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Left the video going on my computer at the office all weekend on loop...lol
    hjj likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Debuts at #20 on the CMT Hot 20!
    glenn7, hjj, pklongbeach and 3 others like this.

Concert Stars
    988K views!!! Southbound will pass a million views by the time the day is over. On terms of major music videos this seems like a slow rise, but in terms of how Carrieís music videos are doing this seems fast!
    sd20 and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    1,000,000 views!!!! Woohoo 🥳 So, any guesses on how many views itíll get? I think above 10 million would be good. Iíd like more, but just really not sure. I think most views happen within the first couple months of release.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    rainbow1, Suellen, txacar and 1 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    1,098,037 couple hours after i post ^.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    They didn't provide any stats either, just for costs, so I feel we can't just accept that either. The fact that streaming is the largest part of songs being certified is all I need to know about the impact a video can have. Between streaming services and video views, is where certifications are coming from, sales hardly factor in anymore. So, no I don't know, but with the way the industry is shifting, I just can't imagine a music video almost doesn't matter. As I stated also, a video can even just provide the artist more exposure, but how do you quantify that outside of sales.

All I'm saying is if people can automatically associate great visuals with the song, it makes a difference. Occasionally, I go back and watch videos like "Blown Away" and "Before He Cheats" because they were memorable, but "Heartbeat", I don't even consider or think about. Of course not everyone will do that, and that's fine, but it happens and could make an impact. This video has the personal touches from Carrie's life, more than concert footage, which I'm glad for, so I think that will help it. But out of curiosity, since you're taking the position that videos don't seem to matter, would you be okay if Carrie stopped making them all together?
    I really am not taking any position except because you do not like the video, you immediately took the position that the people knew nothing about what they were speaking. It was just kind of arrogant is all.

On your question about videos, well I am in the club of I really donít think they help a song that much but only because I have read before that it doesnít. But that is based on no personal knowledge. Bet you wonít admit that lol. But of course I hope it does. I donít want her to stop making music period but I wonít go into a deep depression if she were to stop making videos OR if I didnít like a video. If she doesnít make videos with every song, I am fine with it as long as there are still songs.

And it is entirely subjective if any of us think a video is good or bad because there will always be some that think the opposite. Do they know nothing also if different from your opinion can I ask? I am sure there are songs with horrible videos go to #1 and songs with great videos go nowhere. But I do not think that if a person does not like a song, not even a masterpiece video will make them buy the song,

Anyway, I mainly go look at her videos because it is Carrie but if honest, it has always been after I bought the song anyway of course. I even buy them of course to help her numbers and then usually never look at most of them again. But I will listen to the song a zillion times. Donít you download or buy her songs despite the video? But I will go with it and hope it helps the song.

But letís say this song goes to #1, what will you associate the #1 with can I ask?

And on the stats, they are in the business and just because they didnít state the stats, doesnít necessarily mean they may not have them. But I donít know of course. I chose to believe they didnít entirely make that up. But regardless I hope the song does well so if any chance the video helps it, I will be delighted.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    ethelu, Carrieroxmysox2011 and mbh like this.

Concert Stars
    mbh likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pkc4rls View Post
    I really am not taking any position except because you do not like the video, you immediately took the position that the people knew nothing about what they were speaking. It was just kind of arrogant is all.

On your question about videos, well I am in the club of I really donít think they help a song that much but only because I have read before that it doesnít. But that is based on no personal knowledge. Bet you wonít admit that lol. But of course I hope it does. I donít want her to stop making music period but I wonít go into a deep depression if she were to stop making videos OR if I didnít like a video. If she doesnít make videos with every song, I am fine with it as long as there are still songs.

And it is entirely subjective if any of us think a video is good or bad because there will always be some that think the opposite. Do they know nothing also if different from your opinion can I ask? I am sure there are songs with horrible videos go to #1 and songs with great videos go nowhere. But I do not think that if a person does not like a song, not even a masterpiece video will make them buy the song,

Anyway, I mainly go look at her videos because it is Carrie but if honest, it has always been after I bought the song anyway of course. I even buy them of course to help her numbers and then usually never look at most of them again. But I will listen to the song a zillion times. Donít you download or buy her songs despite the video? But I will go with it and hope it helps the song.

But letís say this song goes to #1, what will you associate the #1 with can I ask?

And on the stats, they are in the business and just because they didnít state the stats, doesnít necessarily mean they may not have them. But I donít know of course. I chose to believe they didnít entirely make that up. But regardless I hope the song does well so if any chance the video helps it, I will be delighted.
    Let's take this point by point.

1. "you immediately took the position that the people knew nothing about what they were speaking. It was just kind of arrogant is all."
    No, I didn't. I said I don't agree, and that I don't see how it could have no effect. Never said they knew nothing, there is a difference in disagreeing with a position when they provide no facts, and utterly ignoring a fact.

2. "But that is based on no personal knowledge. Bet you wonít admit that lol."
    Wrong. I have no personal knowledge either, and if there is evidence to prove that they are no help I will admit it, that I am wrong. But I will not just accept everything I read on the Internet as the truth. If you see evidence with statistics please bring it to my attention.

3. "Do they know nothing also if different from your opinion can I ask?"
    Again, no. Never said anyone with a different opinion is wrong. An opinion can't be wrong, unless facts dictate it is. I'm a big proponent of everyone giving their opinions, but not everyone here is, since they shut you down if they don't like yours. I like to discuss different opinions, and all I did was say I had a different on than the article and you. Pretty harmless, or so I thought.

4. "But letís say this song goes to #1, what will you associate the #1 with can I ask?"
    If it is #1 on radio I'd associate it with radio. They play by their own rules, it's a type of song they like to play, so they'll likely play it, regardless of video. Now, early in the chart run (about now) the video could help and boost its position, later probably not. If it goes #1 on the Hot Country Songs chart (the hybrid one), I'd associate it with radio, sales and streaming, including video streams. Also, the higher it climbs on the Hot 100, I'd associate with all the others. My point is, because the way the industry is anymore, if we'd like to see Carrie in the top 40 on the Hot 100, or at #1 on the Hot Country Songs chart, streaming needs to increase, if we want to see her songs get certified gold, platinum, ect., her streaming needs to increase. The video can help that, I believe.

5. Finally, again, this is all opinion. I never stated one thing as fact. Everything was I feel, I find it hard to believe, in my opinion. I have no industry knowledge, but recognizing how songs chart and certify and all that, does make it seem weird to me that industry professionals would see no help from videos to a songs overall importance. Now maybe the professional in the article meant with radio play, there was no help, that I could understand, but next to no help at all, I just don't think so.

Ex. Looking at Dan+Shay's "Tequila". The song sold 611,000. Top 30 Digital Country Singles Chart: April 15, 2019 | RoughStock The song is certified 3x Platinum, for 3,000,000 units. https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?...search_section It reached #21 on the Hot 100. https://www.billboard.com/music/Dan-...istory/hot-100 All of this couldn't have been just because it hit #1 on radio. It was streamed and viewed, with over 100M views combining all official sources, and granted it was heard by many, driving them to the video, but the song was already massive even before it was all over radio. https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...d+shay+tequila

That's why I find it hard to believe a video doesn't really help a song. Hopefully, I'm not off topic here again, and won't get in trouble for responding, but honestly, I'm just trying to have discussions, nothing more.
    Carrieroxmysox2011 and ethelu like this.

•  
    Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast