Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 54
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Southbound Music Video

  1. #21
    Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    America
    Posts
    3,909
    Everyone keep streaming!!!!

  • #22
    Carrie Follower Steven77536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    35
    My favorite part of the video is Isaiah spraying Carrie
    with a Super Soaker and she starts running!

  • #23
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    4,501
    Quote Originally Posted by pkc4rls View Post
    But honestly unless you have any stats showing this I donít think we can really prove a video is of much benefit. It may be for you but then for me I do not look at anyoneís videos accept Carrie period. I listen to the music but never watch videos ever. We canít just say the article isnít true unless we have concrete stats. This person probably has some knowledge of it. Aren't you just basing your comments on opinion and how you feel? I certainly have zero knowledge of whether it is true or not so I figure you canít really either lol unless maybe you are in the business and do know. If so, I apologize. Maybe they donít know either but it sounds like they are in a position to know possibly.
    They didn't provide any stats either, just for costs, so I feel we can't just accept that either. The fact that streaming is the largest part of songs being certified is all I need to know about the impact a video can have. Between streaming services and video views, is where certifications are coming from, sales hardly factor in anymore. So, no I don't know, but with the way the industry is shifting, I just can't imagine a music video almost doesn't matter. As I stated also, a video can even just provide the artist more exposure, but how do you quantify that outside of sales.

    All I'm saying is if people can automatically associate great visuals with the song, it makes a difference. Occasionally, I go back and watch videos like "Blown Away" and "Before He Cheats" because they were memorable, but "Heartbeat", I don't even consider or think about. Of course not everyone will do that, and that's fine, but it happens and could make an impact. This video has the personal touches from Carrie's life, more than concert footage, which I'm glad for, so I think that will help it. But out of curiosity, since you're taking the position that videos don't seem to matter, would you be okay if Carrie stopped making them all together?
    Last edited by adam1995; 3 Days Ago at 07:11 AM.
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

  • #24
    Huge Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    610
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    They didn't provide any stats either, just for costs, so I feel we can't just accept that either. The fact that streaming is the largest part of songs being certified is all I need to know about the impact a video can have. Between streaming services and video views, is where certifications are coming from, sales hardly factor in anymore. So, no I don't know, but with the way the industry is shifting, I just can't imagine a music video almost doesn't matter. As I stated also, a video can even just provide the artist more exposure, but how do you quantify that outside of sales.

    All I'm saying is if people can automatically associate great visuals with the song, it makes a difference. Occasionally, I go back and watch videos like "Blown Away" and "Before He Cheats" because they were memorable, but "Heartbeat", I don't even consider or think about. Of course not everyone will do that, and that's fine, but it happens and could make an impact. This video has the personal touches from Carrie's life, more than concert footage, which I'm glad for, so I think that will help it. But out of curiosity, since you're taking the position that videos don't seem to matter, would you be okay if Carrie stopped making them all together?
    I believe that question is more of a personal preference. It does not have any relation to the original statement in the article, which was based on the importance of videos. Of course fans will want videos... was that even necessary to ask. The point of the article was to say videos donít hold as much importance as they once did.

    I believe all opinions have been stated and exhausted.

  • #25
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    4,501
    Quote Originally Posted by FanSince04 View Post
    I believe that question is more of a personal preference. It does not have any relation to the original statement in the article, which was based on the importance of videos. Of course fans will want videos... was that even necessary to ask. The point of the article was to say videos donít hold as much importance as they once did.

    I believe all opinions have been stated and exhausted.
    The question is fine to ask. They can answer or not, their choice. Is criticizing my post really necessary?

    It's great the point of the article was to minimize the impact of videos, I chose to disagree and state why, so what's the problem? I believe I was very respectful in my post. So, if all opinions have been stated does that mean everyone has to stop talking about the article posted? No, it was posted as a counter point to those (I guess, mostly me) who believe a video does make a difference, and I responded as to why I disagreed, then responded to another response to me...see how that works. This is a discussion, why can't we have one?

    Kind of annoyed overall, because recently, it seems that every time I (or anyone) offer a different opinion, that might question a choice made in Carrie's career, that may or may not be popular, it is criticized, thoroughly, and told it's not on topic, even when it is or close to the topic. Why can't we just bring all opinions to the table, good or bad, and discuss them. I know it's a fan board, and we are all fans, and we all support Carrie, but being disappointed about something in her career, or thinking there is a better way, or something similar, is not wrong to bring up. It's out of our hands, and I'd say most can accept that (I do, before anyone can say I'm a problem), but we can still talk. Please stop trying to shut down a perfectly civil and on topic discussion.

  • #26
    Huge Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    610
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    The question is fine to ask. They can answer or not, their choice. Is criticizing my post really necessary?

    It's great the point of the article was to minimize the impact of videos, I chose to disagree and state why, so what's the problem? I believe I was very respectful in my post. So, if all opinions have been stated does that mean everyone has to stopped talking about the article posted? No, it was posted as a counter point to those (I guess, mostly me) who believe a video does make a difference, and I responded as to why I disagreed, then responded to another response to me...see how that works. This is a discussion, why can't we have one?

    Kind of annoyed overall, because recently, it seems that every time I (or anyone) offer a different opinion, that might question a choice made in Carrie's career, that may or may not be popular, it is criticized, thoroughly, and told it's not on topic, even when it is or close to the topic. Why can't we just bring all opinions to the table, good or bad, and discuss them. I know it's a fan board, and we are all fans, and we all support Carrie, but being disappointed about something in her career, or thinking there is a better way, or something similar, is not wrong to bring up. It's out of our hands, and I'd say most can accept that (I do, before anyone can say I'm a problem), but we can still talk. Please stop trying to shut down a perfectly civil and on topic discussion.
    This will my last response to you. Do not treat me like Iím dumb or ignorant (using the phrase, ď... see how that works.Ē That phrase wasnít necessary. Yes, youíve stated your opinion about that article about three times. So when I say youíve exhausted the topic, Iím pretty sure I have ample evidence.

    If people are always ďshutting you downĒ, then maybe take that as a wake up call. Sometimes the issue is not with them but yourself. Iím speaking my mind, because Iím frankly tired of you beating a dead horse. Clearly if others are doing the same as me, then maybe youíre not being as civil as you think. You do know what civil means right? Iím not sure because you have not used punctuation correctly in your post (reference your comment ď...see how that works.Ē). You needed a question mark since you asked a question. Now, Iím done with you.

  • #27
    Huge Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    610
    Concert Stars
    630K views!!!! Letís keep it going.
    ethelu, glenn7 and mbh like this.

  • #28
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    4,501
    Quote Originally Posted by FanSince04 View Post
    This will my last response to you. Do not treat me like Iím dumb or ignorant (using the phrase, ď... see how that works.Ē That phrase wasnít necessary. Yes, youíve stated your opinion about that article about three times. So when I say youíve exhausted the topic, Iím pretty sure I have ample evidence.

    If people are always ďshutting you downĒ, then maybe take that as a wake up call. Sometimes the issue is not with them but yourself. Iím speaking my mind, because Iím frankly tired of you beating a dead horse. Clearly if others are doing the same as me, then maybe youíre not being as civil as you think. You do know what civil means right? Iím not sure because you have not used punctuation correctly in your post (reference your comment ď...see how that works.Ē). You needed a question mark since you asked a question. Now, Iím done with you.
    Thank God! I believe I asked for that a while back, when you acted the same way, about another opinion of mine.

    You said all opinions have been stated and exhausted, now you say I've exhausted the topic. There's a difference, so please be upfront with me being a problem for you. When I responded to pk, it was nothing but civil, and I challenge you to deny that. Now with you, you're right civility broke down, because you chose to criticize my post, instead of just ignore it. If redundancy bothers you please ignore, it's so simple. But, I imagine the issue is actually with me (you do call me specifically out a few times in just this post), because I've seen numerous redundant opinions in the past that you've not made a peep about. Some are shutting down opinions that are not popular, which is wrong. So, I'm sure I'll get a scolding from the moderators, for being off topic, even though I was responding to others and now defending myself.

  • #29
    Huge Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    610
    Concert Stars
    637,000 views! Great job to everyone watching.
    mbh likes this.

  • #30
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Smokyiiis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hill Country, Texas
    Posts
    6,208
    Concert Stars
    Streaming like crazy!
    mbh likes this.

  • #31
    Huge Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    610
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    Streaming like crazy!
    Love it!

  • #32
    Huge Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    610
    Concert Stars
    645K views!!!
    glenn7 likes this.

  • #33
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,474
    Concert Stars
    We need to increase streaming numbers. I admit I dropped the ball a bit the last few days due to work etc but I am going to stream more this week.

  • #34
    Huge Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    610
    Concert Stars
    688K views!!!
    glenn7 likes this.

  • #35
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    2,444
    690,525 views
    glenn7 likes this.

  • #36
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Smokyiiis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hill Country, Texas
    Posts
    6,208
    Concert Stars
    I was listening to Fox News this morning and at the commercial break they played Carrie's Southbound. Admittedly the first time I've heard it on the radio, even if it wasn't being PLAYED by radio. LOL. Sounds so fine!

  • #37
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Smokyiiis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hill Country, Texas
    Posts
    6,208
    Concert Stars
    715554 views
    glenn7 and rainbow1 like this.

  • #38
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,864
    Concert Stars
    I like the video very much. It is a fun wink to her backstage story. But also it feels a bit sparse in the "party vibe". Meaning its fairly obvious they cut budget and just used the touring team as background.

    I agree with Adam on the impact of videos. The truth is a video can last long after a single is gone. If you want it to. It lives as a piece of who this person is and was during a time. It is not a great idea to diminish your own longvety by suggesting that the work is "fleeting". That is business mans perspective. Not an artists.

    I doubt anyone considers Michael Jacksons Billy Jean video "fleeting"!!

    Anyway, of course there are two sides to every debate. If we accept that Carrie is part of a machine that churns out singles and videos to go with them, that are intended to just move the dial forward in an effort to sell tickets to shows, than the video is right on track!! It's fresh its fun its current and its youthful. All the things you want and rarely get from Carrie.

    But it is also disposable, so it is probably good they did not spend much on it.
    I am fine with it for the summer which is what this song is all about.

    And now I am frightingly aware that I will not hear any of the gems this album has on the public air waves, and neither will the general music audience...… opportunity gone.
    adam1995 likes this.

  • #39
    Huge Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    610
    Concert Stars
    ^ I believe that it's too early to tell. We are only on the 3rd single. Carrie's tour is far from over, which means the album cycle isn't complete. If I'm reading your "gems" comment correctly, then we are on the same page of wanting one of the following singles released: "Low", "Drinking Alone", or "Backsliding". I could see DA or Low being released in the fall/winter season! It'd be perfect!
    rainbow1 and pklongbeach like this.

  • #40
    Huge Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    610
    Concert Stars
    719K views!!!
    rainbow1 likes this.


  •  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. 'Southbound' chart updates
      By maddkat in forum Carrie Underwood Chart Talk
      Replies: 433
      Last Post: 12 Hours Ago, 03:35 PM
    2. Do Re Mi music video
      By liveasong in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 11-02-2013, 09:47 AM
    3. She probably saw the BHC music video
      By deymayor in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 09-27-2013, 06:35 AM
    4. I am in a music video!
      By simonplay in forum My BIG News
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 06-12-2013, 01:08 PM
    5. Behind the Scenes Music Video ???
      By allthangsmusic in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 01-13-2013, 08:32 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •