Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree963Likes

Thread: Cry Pretty Album Reviews

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by jaks_weyn View Post
    So long the album and the singles do great, the reviews won't mean anything.. Good reviews are nice and gets us excited, but at the end of the day, it's all about impact.. even if the album gets 100% in metacritic, if it doesn't do anything to people, that album will just be pure artistry but no heart... and I dunno.. critics have their own expectations and criteria that are sometimes disconnected with the general public..

Carrie won't satisfy them and I don't think she needs to... Like she said, she wants to share music with meaning and those people can enjoy... That's why I want her songs to be big and known to more people especially with this album that is special to her.. that has more impact and the more impact she has, the more people she can reach and touch..
    Yes, I so agree with this. In my prior post I was going to say that I do believe that Carrie will be laughing all the way to the bank so in the end what does it really matter what these so called critics have to say. And its interesting to me that the reaction after her listening party in Nashville was so overwhelming positive.

And if I ever read in a review that Carrie can't sing or she isn't an esteemed vocalist well then we'll all know that clearly that critic has cotton in their ears!!!!! On CP she's only heighteded and enhanced her talents and vocals.

jaks_weyn likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Us getting sad about the reviews is not related to our experience and feelings the album itself.
    Nothing will change how we feel about CP.
    We will continue to celebrate this marvelous album.

We get sad simply because we want Carrie to succeed in all aspects, and that includes the critics.
    We know how much effort Carrie put into this album. And we get sad because we know that probably Carrie gets sad about reviews herself too.
    Also, reviews might affect her Grammy chances. And that makes us sad too.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jaks_weyn View Post
    So long the album and the singles do great, the reviews won't mean anything.. Good reviews are nice and gets us excited, but at the end of the day, it's all about impact.. even if the album gets 100% in metacritic, if it doesn't do anything to people, that album will just be pure artistry but no heart... and I dunno.. critics have their own expectations and criteria that are sometimes disconnected with the general public..

Carrie won't satisfy them and I don't think she needs to... Like she said, she wants to share music with meaning and those people can enjoy... That's why I want her songs to be big and known to more people especially with this album that is special to her.. that has more impact and the more impact she has, the more people she can reach and touch..

This...... The highlighted part so so true........ Critics have their own agenda period.... Good or bad, it is nothing but their personal bias anyway.... Some are spot on and some are out there......
    jaks_weyn and Smokyiiis like this.

The hardest line in that recent review is them saying you didnít even need human involvement to produce the record. Given how hard she worked at producing, itís just a slap in the face. Ugh can we get a few more positive reviews?
    Kizmet311 and Smokyiiis like this.

Huge Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Donít get down about the reviews. Remember she has had just as many positive reviews too! Itís just opinions, but the opinions that matter are Carrieís and the buyer. If people donít like it, they can move along. We all love it so REJOICE!!! Too much negativity/sadness here.
    Claire2004 likes this.

Concert Stars
    I truly expected the reviews to be stellar as this is her best album by far- and everyone agrees except the snarky critics. But hopefully some positive reviews will come in next.

At least most the worst critics of Carrie- her main haters- LA Times The Guardian abd NY Times- are done now. They clearly dud itvearly as they couldnít wait to trash her. They never liked her ever.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I truly expected the reviews to be stellar as this is her best album by far- and everyone agrees except the snarky critics. But hopefully some positive reviews will come in next.

At least most the worst critics of Carrie- her main haters- LA Times The Guardian abd NY Times- are done now. They clearly dud itvearly as they couldnít wait to trash her. They never liked her ever.
    Where is The NY Times review? Havenít seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by TOPDOG1001 View Post

Was just about to post this. Yes!!!!í

In previous album era, I usually could understand what the criticisms were about.

But the negative reviews for this CP album? I honestly don't get it.

Time Magazine gave her a bad review, but I don’t think I have read NY Times Review yet. We can brace ourselves for that one. Lol

Concert Stars
    Time Magazine gave her a bad review, but I donít think I have read NY Times Review yet. We can brace ourselves for that one. Lol
    Have you seen the TIME score? Because I havenít.
    I read the review yesterday and personally didnít find it to be bad or negative, but rather fair.

Concert Stars
    A lot of reviewers seem to have been hoping Carrie was going to go all political and become divisive. They seem utterly disappointed that she is trying to bring people together instead of bringing them down.

Also, some seem disappointed that she isn’t sharing the most intimate details of her marriage. Like she is doing something terrible by not singing strictly songs about her life. I want to ask these “critics” if they truly believe Johnny Cash shot a man in Reno just to watch him die. I’m sure they wouldn’t criticize that song.

Wish they could focus on the fact that she released an album full of well crafted songs with heart and sings them all with passion. It’s incredible how she continues to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    In previous album era, I usually could understand what the criticisms were about.

But the negative reviews for this CP album? I honestly don't get it.

Me too. Like in Play On, objectively I understood the criticisms. Here I am honestly baffled.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post

Her worst critics will never change...... No matter what she does, she will continue to silence them, because no matter what they say, she will remain the QUEEN.. She totally defies Country Music.... Her work just gets better and better IMO.....

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    Gorgeous picture to go with a good review!

Concert Stars
    It’s like they punish her for not being controversial enough Instead of rewarding her courage for discussing gun violence. Total prucks.
    rcramer and Kizmet311 like this.

Concert Stars
    The bad reviews come from the LEAST COUNTRY critics imaginable when it comes to the metacritic score. I'll be more interested in what the country reviews have to say.
    DaisyTweets likes this.

Concert Stars
    twaintrain and jaks_weyn like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by playoncountrymusic View Post
    Iím not sure who the moderator is (long time lurker here) but can they approve my posts please? None are showing up
    I don't understand. I'm not a moderator but I can see your post
    Kizmet311 likes this.

•  
    Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast