Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Songs you hope Carrie trashes - or keeps - for the Cry Pretty Tour

Obsessed Carrie Fan carriefan14's Avatar

Songs you hope Carrie trashes - or keeps - for the Cry Pretty Tour

It's getting harder and harder to pick which songs fit on a 21-song setlist, and now we will have a whole album of new songs to pick from!

Feel free to wait until the album is out to post, but i'm curious which ones people are tired of/want to see more.

Trash:

Undo It
    Cowboy casanova
    Flat on the floor

Bring back/Include:
    Temporary home
    Chaser

Junior Carrie Follower
    Based off the ST American leg tour setlist:

Ditch: CC, AAG, SB. And all none single ST songs, EXCEPT CCA.

Add: SS and IKYW

Keep: UI, GG, CB, HB, JTTW, Wasted, BA, TBC, CCA, LTG, BHC, and SITW

That allows 8 or so of the 12 new album cuts to be on the setlist.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I always want to hear as much of the new album live as possible, so the more the better from the new album for me. As much as I love some of her earlier album tracks, I think it's going to be hard to keep them in the setlist. I also don't care for medleys, so I hope she doesn't do any of those to try to include older singles. This would be my ideal setlist, mainly because I would rather hear new music than old hits.

SH: Ditch them all (yes, even BHC - I'm so so tired of it)
    CR: Ditch
    PO: Ditch
    BA: GG, BA, SYA (I love TBC, but I think it would be safe to retire it.)
    GH: SITW (No LTG)
    ST: DL, CB, CCA, CHASER (Ditch HB and SmB)
    CP: CP, TC, at least 8-9 new tracks

So, I would want just ditch everything from SH-PO, 3 singles from BA, 3 singles from ST plus Chaser because it should have been on the last tour, CP, TC, and 9 new songs. That only gets me to 18 songs, so I would like a classic country cover and a collab with Runaway June/Maddie & Tae. Then I guess I can deal with BHC if we can't get rid of her only crossover hit, lol.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Junior Carrie Follower
    I also wouldn’t mind her ditching BHC as I’m also overly tired of that and LN. but those two are crowd favorites and I do love the sing a long part of BHC. Hearing the crowd sing every single word is loudly gives me chills everytime. I’m surprise you even want her to ditch JTTW!
    Kizmet311 and hjj like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by mgbjr View Post
    I also wouldn’t mind her ditching BHC as I’m also overly tired of that and LN. but those two are crowd favorites and I do love the sing a long part of BHC. Hearing the crowd sing every single word is loudly gives me chills everytime. I’m surprise you even want her to ditch JTTW!
    I love JTTW, but I much much prefer SITW, so I don't need both, lol. If I had to pick a song from SH, it would be Wasted, because it will always be my fave. It's been lucky to make just about every tour, though, so I don't know if it can survive again. BHC will never go away, even if I want it to, lol. I wish she had another song that people knew as well, but it's definitely the crowd participation song. I would prefer UI over BHC, though.
    ethelu likes this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I love JTTW, but I much much prefer SITW, so I don't need both, lol. If I had to pick a song from SH, it would be Wasted, because it will always be my fave. It's been lucky to make just about every tour, though, so I don't know if it can survive again.
    I don’t think she’ll ever ditch BHC or JTTW. I feel like Wasted only stays for the fiddle players to show off. Though she sings it so often at the Opry... she just really loves Wasted I guess lol
    Kizmet311 likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower sweetsugarcandyman's Avatar
    Remove: Undo It, AAG, Little Toy Guns, dirty laundry, CC.

I also have never really liked BHC but that is never going to leave the setlist.

Keep: TBC, SITW, wasted

I would love a random non album track from the past (I know it will never happen).

Concert Stars
    For me it would definitely be to remove Undo It and AAG. Really tired of AAG. That and Mama's Song just don't do anything for me anymore.

Concert Stars
    I love LTG.

I could do without UI and AAG, but if she has a girl . . .

I would keep from ST - CB, DL & CCA.

I would add SS. Missed that song
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Concert Stars
    I would love to hear as many from this new album as possible! I liked how on the Carnival Ride tour she almost sang that whole album and it was awesome! I think it would be fun for her to pull some songs from her previous albums that aren’t as popular and haven’t really been performed much.

Concert Stars
    Frankly I would like to see a more free form set of shows where the set list is different at each show. No one knows what to expect.
    hjj and gocountrymusic like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    I'm personally hoping for a Spice Girl, Dixie Chicks, TLC(Just to hear Carrie "rap" lol), or Bananarama cover with CU, M&T, and RJ. I don't think it's entirely far fetched.

Remove

All American Girl
    Undo it
    Smoke Break
    Heartbeat
    TBC

Add

So Small/ Just a Dream
    Don't forget to remember me
    See You Again
    Rock cover

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I'd remove:
    Wasted (This was a tough one because I love the outro, my hope is that they might have a new song that fiddles can go crazy on so this song can get a break)
    Undo It, CC (even though I loved the intro of Mexico with it)
    AAG... Unless a little new AAG joins the family.
    TBC (I think Give it a break and bring it back next tour still love it)
    Heartbeat (I think Carrie would want to too if there's potential for another love song from this upcoming album

Add
    Just A Dream
    Don't Forget To Remember Me

I was picturing in my head a scenario for the encore she rotates between her biggest hits for one of the songs (JTTW?, BHC Blown Away and SITW). I know that wouldn't translate well at all (I would hope on SITW) but I think it would be a creative way to give some variety to the shows and make each encore special. I would also love a song slot for a fan request for a non-single So two rotating song spots in the 21 setlist.

and since I have time lol the songs that I think will be a part of next tour from her catalogue are:
    JTTW
    BHC
    Wasted (if we don't get a very instrumentally similar song on the next album)
    Last Name
    I have a feeling she might bring back I Told You So
    Undo It (Crowd interaction)
    Good Girl
    Blown Away
    SmB
    CB
    DL
    CCA
    LTG
    SITW

Even with all those songs still in the setlist, we still have about 9 spots, two which will filled with TC and Cry Pretty leaving 7 open for brand new songs.
    Last edited by gocountrymusic; 08-14-2018 at 08:32 PM.
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I would love for her to sing "Relapse" on this tour. I also hope she covers another Dolly song instead of "I Will Always Love You." I think Carrie would do a killer rendition of "Jolene" or "Islands in the Stream."

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    Frankly I would like to see a more free form set of shows where the set list is different at each show. No one knows what to expect.
    In theory that sounds great and could lead to a more organic show, but in reality I would be so upset if she sang my favorite in one city and then I didn't get to hear it at my show. It's kind of how I felt at the Opry on May 11th when the 7:00 show got CB and SITW and we got SmB and BHC. I won't say that I was mad, but I was definitely disappointed.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Junior Carrie Follower Patkid26's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Going off of the ST tour:

Trash: RR, LN/SB, CC Heartbeat, TBC, WINK, CDS, Smoke Break

Keep: UI, GG, CB, JTTW, Wasted, BA, DL, CCA, AAG, LTG, BHC, SITW

Bring back: Maybe So Small in place of Wasted and maybe FOTF in place of CCA

Which would leave room for CP plus 6 or 7 more songs off new album (hopefully one being The Champion)

Carrie Follower
    I definitely want her to bring back Just a Dream! I feel like it is one of her most recognizable hits and yet she hardly every plays it anymore. I also wouldn't mind her doing Remind Me on this tour. The Champion is definitely a must too. Lol Idk if I would rather see her attempt to rap or have Ludacris just play his part on a video. Maybe she could have a whole mini rap set of her tour and do the Champion and the See you Again mashup lol.

On the other hand I would definitely be ok with her getting rid of Last Name as I think it has been over done.

Carrie Follower
    Sorry for the double post. But I just remembered I also would love her to cover one of Adele's songs! I think she would sound fantastic.

Obsessed Carrie Fan luxoricious's Avatar
    I would love if performs songs that weren't singles from previous albums.

Trash:
    Jesus Take the Wheel (sorry)
    All American Girl
    Cowboy Casanova
    Mama's Song
    Blown Away (again, sorry)
    Dirty Laundry

And I would looove for her to add:
    Lessons learned
    Starts with goodbye
    Just a dream (yes, it was a single but it seems forgotten now)
    You won't find this
    Unapologize
    Wine after whiskey
    Relapse

I know she will never do that, but that woould be part of my dreamed setlist.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast