Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Songs you hope Carrie trashes - or keeps - for the Cry Pretty Tour

  1. #21
    Junior Carrie Follower sosmallgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    375
    Concert Stars
    Trash: JTTW, AAG, UI, Smoke Break, RR

    Add: WAW, Relapse, Chaser, TH, I Told You So as many songs from Cry Pretty as possible

    Keep: WINK (I need to see that live), SITW, CB, CCA, LTG, Wasted, DL

  • #22
    New Carrie Fan brightfame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9
    Concert Stars
    Honestly Id be fine with mostly new songs for this tour, especially since theres gonna be more soul on the album Id want the tour setlist to be cohesive!

    That said, bring back: SS (seems to fit CP in terms of its meaning), JAD, TH and either chaser or relapse since both are already more pop/R&B.

    Trash: AAG, LN, either CC or UI, TBC, SYA, Heartbeat, CB, and DL. Not that I dont like these songs but just to make this tour super different.

    Above all else keep SITW!

    ...Id also be really interested to hear her revamp some older songs to be more soulful... maybe add a church choir like she did for CB, except do it for other songs this time.

  • #23
    Huge Carrie Follower CarrieUDomination's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    658
    ^totally agree. I think itd be really cool for her to revamp some older songs to make the show cohesive.

    Since I think (hope) this album will lead to a rock show lol, I hope she keeps all her rock leaning songs. Id also LOVE for her to bring back I Know You Wont and I know Im in the minority, but I adore Smoke Break and would love for it to come back too.

  • #24
    Ultimate Carrie Fan HuiZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    6,370
    Ditch all previous singles and popular tracks that have been performed many times. Yes that includes BHC, LN, JTTW, IKYW etc, and even my favourite one Wasted.

    More focus on the new album and a couple of surprise gems from previous album will be fantastic.
    Kizmet311 likes this.

  • #25
    sco
    sco is offline
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    3,083
    Id ditch AAG and Clock Dont Stop. She can never get rid of JTTW or Before He Cheats. I get it that Uber fans whove been to multiple shows may be sick of them but way too many people would be disappointed if they were left out.

    Id love it if she restored TH, and added Chaser and Wine after Whiskey. Im really hoping she keeps WINKIAW and adds new baby pictures to the video montage.

  • #26
    Junior Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    447
    Wasted must never be removed.

    Mexico would be great to hear live.

    Chaser is trash.

    A cover of "Natural Woman" or other amazing covers would be great as well. Even outside of country and delving into Soul. Wouldn't mind it at all.

  • #27
    Obsessed Carrie Fan

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Murfreesboro,TN
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    Id ditch AAG and Clock Dont Stop. She can never get rid of JTTW or Before He Cheats. I get it that Uber fans whove been to multiple shows may be sick of them but way too many people would be disappointed if they were left out.

    Id love it if she restored TH, and added Chaser and Wine after Whiskey. Im really hoping she keeps WINKIAW and adds new baby pictures to the video montage.
    I know you dont like AAG,but there are some people who may have not ever heard that song live that might actually want to hear it Who are seeing her for the first time that have never heard the song before.But I do have to agree with you on Clock Dont Stop.Its my least favorite song from Storyteller & its not a song that a lot of Carrie fans are that fond of,including myself.Taking away JTTW or Before He Cheats would just be so wrong on so many levels & people who have never heard those songs live would be really disappointed if they were left out.I dont think those are two songs that she will ever get rid of from her set list as long as shes doing live performances because you can tell she still really loves performing those songs no matter how old they are.Temporary Home isnt my favorite Carrie song,but I wouldnt mind if she added that song to the set list. I hope she keeps WINKIAW as well& adds more baby pictures to the video montage. Chaser & Wine After Whiskey are two songs that I wouldnt mind hearing myself since Ive never heard either one of them live in concert when seeing Carrie!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • #28
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,408
    She said this morning on After Midnight that she could never not sing JTTW. She said she needs that for herself!!!!!

  • #29
    Insane Carrie Fan wonton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,525
    Concert Stars
    I'd definitely love a fresher setlistsome hits, but a lot of new material would be great.

    From the Storyteller tour setlist, I'd only keep:
    Jesus, Take the Wheel
    Wasted
    Blown Away
    Choctaw County Affair
    Something in the Water

    And some I'd love to hear:
    Like I'll Never Love You Again
    Do You Think About Me (love this one so much)
    Wine After Whiskey
    Who Are You
    Someday When I Stop Loving You
    Starts With Goodbye

  • #30
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,905
    Quote Originally Posted by wonton View Post
    I'd definitely love a fresher setlistsome hits, but a lot of new material would be great.

    From the Storyteller tour setlist, I'd only keep:
    Jesus, Take the Wheel
    Wasted
    Blown Away
    Choctaw County Affair
    Something in the Water

    And some I'd love to hear:
    Like I'll Never Love You Again
    Do You Think About Me (love this one so much)
    Wine After Whiskey
    Who Are You
    Someday When I Stop Loving You
    Starts With Goodbye
    Would honestly love if she just kept those. Replace who are you with You won't Find This, I'd be in complete agreement. Add Chaser for me too
    rainbow1 likes this.

  • #31
    Junior Carrie Follower montdu39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    273
    Ditch:
    1. Wasted
    2. Something Bad
    3. Little Toy Guns
    4. Smoke Break
    5. All Americans Girl
    6. What I Never Knew I Always Wanted

    Keep or add:
    1. Jesus Take The Wheel
    2. Before He Cheats
    3. So Small
    4. Last Name
    5. Just a Dream
    6. Cowboy Casanova
    7. Undo It
    8. Blown Away
    9. Good Girl
    10. Two Black Cadillacs
    11. Something in the water
    12. Church Bells
    13. Heartbeat
    14. Cry Pretty
    15. Love Wins
    16. Ghosts on the Stereo
    17. Low
    18. The Bullet
    19. Spinning Bottles
    20. Drinking Alone
    21. That song that we used to make love to
    22. Kingdom

  • #32
    Obsessed Carrie Fan crazyxdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,923
    Concert Stars
    Ive been hoping for years that shed drop Last Name. Never been a fan of the song.

    Id want her keep JTTW, Wasted, SITW, Dirty Laundry, Undo It, Blown Away and Church Bells.

    Id love to see SYA and So Small make a return. Those are my top two songs.

    It would be neat if she did a surprise song for each show of songs she hasnt performed live before or in a while.

  • #33
    Ultimate Carrie Fan simonplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Uruguay
    Posts
    6,560
    The thing is that we maybe are a little tired of some songs but we are hard die fans and we watch every video in youtube of the tour. But they are still big hits and people who attend the concerts want to hear all her biggest hits.

    I personally would love to hear a couple of non singles from Some Hearts like Start with Goodbye, I Just can't live a lie, Lessons Learned.. etc. I feel like there are just like one or two videos of her singing those songs live, and are amazing songs.
    txacar likes this.

  • #34
    Carrie Guru
    Kizmet311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Carrie Land
    Posts
    12,443
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    The thing is that we maybe are a little tired of some songs but we are hard die fans and we watch every video in youtube of the tour. But they are still big hits and people who attend the concerts want to hear all her biggest hits.

    I personally would love to hear a couple of non singles from Some Hearts like Start with Goodbye, I Just can't live a lie, Lessons Learned.. etc. I feel like there are just like one or two videos of her singing those songs live, and are amazing songs.
    You're 100% right. As a die hard fan, I would want her to sing every song from the new album and sprinkle in our favorite hits/album cuts. But the casual fans still want to hear BHC, etc.

    It's like the one time I went to see George Strait. He didn't sing Baby Blue or several other hits and we were so disappointed. We knew it would be the only time in our life we would see him in concert, so we wanted to hear the hits and not his new album. Even though Carrie hasn't been around as long as George had when we saw him, there are going to be a lot of casual fans who just want to hear the singles. I feel like that attitude prevails more with older artists like George, Garth Brooks, Reba, etc - people only want to hear the hits. But it would still happen to an extent with Carrie.

    I would love for Chaser to make this setlist - kind of bring it back to life like she did IKYW on the BA tour. Plus, if we want to go deep cuts from CR - how about Sometimes You Leave! Some people probably don't even know that song exists, lol.
    simonplay likes this.
    "Thank you for that Captain Obvious sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the right notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

  • #35
    Junior Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    You're 100% right. As a die hard fan, I would want her to sing every song from the new album and sprinkle in our favorite hits/album cuts. But the casual fans still want to hear BHC, etc.

    It's like the one time I went to see George Strait. He didn't sing Baby Blue or several other hits and we were so disappointed. We knew it would be the only time in our life we would see him in concert, so we wanted to hear the hits and not his new album. Even though Carrie hasn't been around as long as George had when we saw him, there are going to be a lot of casual fans who just want to hear the singles. I feel like that attitude prevails more with older artists like George, Garth Brooks, Reba, etc - people only want to hear the hits. But it would still happen to an extent with Carrie.

    I would love for Chaser to make this setlist - kind of bring it back to life like she did IKYW on the BA tour. Plus, if we want to go deep cuts from CR - how about Sometimes You Leave! Some people probably don't even know that song exists, lol.
    Sometimes You Leave is one of my favorites and Ive been dying for a live performance of it!
    Kizmet311 likes this.


  •  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

    Similar Threads

    1. Cry Pretty Tour 360
      By maddkat in forum Cry Pretty
      Replies: 963
      Last Post: 9 Hours Ago, 07:41 PM
    2. Reba - Sing It Now: Songs of Faith and Hope
      By CarrieUDomination in forum Music
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 12-19-2016, 01:39 PM
    3. Just saw this on Facebook, hope Carrie sees it.
      By adam1995 in forum Dear Carrie...
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 12-08-2015, 08:57 AM
    4. Replies: 1
      Last Post: 05-16-2014, 08:51 PM
    5. Perez Hilton: Carrie Underwood Trashes Jimmy Kimmel's Car! :)
      By teesharky in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: 05-13-2012, 04:34 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •