Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Like Tree2322Likes

Thread: Cry Pretty Tour 360

My goal is to AVOID this form like the plague after the tour starts. For my first Carrie show ever (Storyteller Tour), I knew the exact order of the songs after reading the set list here and then watching countless tour vids. I want to be 100% surprised with everything, including staging, lighting, costumes, and set list. May-mid-June will be tough!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by tgbrinker View Post
    My goal is to AVOID this form like the plague after the tour starts. For my first Carrie show ever (Storyteller Tour), I knew the exact order of the songs after reading the set list here and then watching countless tour vids. I want to be 100% surprised with everything, including staging, lighting, costumes, and set list. May-mid-June will be tough!
    Gosh, it would be nice to avoid it all and be surprised, but I'm not sure I'm strong enough, lol! Maybe I can try, but my show is mid-June as well.

Also, I'm looking for ideas to surprise my 6 year old daughter with tickets. I kind of goofed this morning, because for some reason on the way to school this morning she was asking about Carrie's fan club and how old you have to be, what do you get for being in the fan club, etc...and for some stupid reason I mentioned that Carrie would be going on tour this year. Obviously she got all excited and said she wants to go (and be on the front row...I created a monster with her first time seeing Carrie being front row at the Opry, lol). Anyway, it will still be a surprise that she gets to go, although probably not as much now that she knows Carrie is going on tour and she's asked to go. We gave her sister Kane Brown tickets for Christmas and wrapped them in multiple boxes kind of like the Chinese nesting dolls - larger to smaller. My daughter had already told me she hopes I do that for her someday with the Carrie tickets.

Anyway, I can't decide whether I should find a really cool way to tell her that we're going to see Carrie and give her the tickets in advance, letting her kind of countdown the days to the concert OR should I keep it a surprise until we are literally at the concert? We kind of already did the latter when we went to the Opry. We didn't tell her what we were doing until we were literally sitting outside the Opry building (there is a video of it on my Twitter account). I would love any suggestions anyone might have! Of course, she's going to have to get over having the front row, lol. We have 4th row on the center side, though, so she's still getting pretty spoiled!
    _luvqry likes this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    You all are breaking my heart with Backsliding as transition music, lol! CP is either gonna be the opening song or the first song in the encore. I kind of hope it's the opening song. It would be completely different for her to open the concert on a softer note like that - she has almost always opened with an uptempo, rocking song. If she doesn't sing Low, that's just wrong, wrong, wrong. I think this time she should change it up and use past singles as transition music instead of new music. Unfortunately, we know all too well that Carrie doesn't necessarily think the same as us (*cough*Clock Don't Stop*cough*) and some real gems sometimes get left off the setlist (*cough*Chaser*cough*).
    Agree on "Chaser". I was listening again this afternoon, and think of it as an (almost) lost gem!

However, on "Clock Don't Stop", I think I must be one of the few who like it. (I must admit, I didn't like it on first hearing - the shock of the new, perhaps - but on repeat hearings I found much to admire in it.) I like the unusual musical build up to the opening, and I was struck by the possible lyrical reference to Julie Miller's "Does My Ring Burn Your Finger". I'm also struck by Carrie's vocal - which is both restrained, and full of tension. By restrained, I mean that she largely avoids the break-out into power singing (which can be a device to bury full emotional identification with the lyric). Instead, she punctuates her delivery in a series of short bursts of words and syllables, which to my ears, convey a sense of stress very effectively, and also echo the theme of the ticking clock, which is central to the song. It conveys the tension the singer feels, and the relentless passage of time very effectively - I think, more effectively than a more forceful chorus style could.

I believe that much of the unusual character of this song may be due to Blair Daly, who was one of the three writers. You can compare it with other songs he was involved in, such as Little Big Town's "Pain Killer", Maddie and Tae's "Your Side of Town", and Caitlyn Smith's "Starfire" - which also involve unusual musical effects, punctuated lyrics, often rapid, and involving repetition, but noticeably delivered in distinctly broken burst effects.

I don't think it will be revived for the new tour (probably to most fans' relief!) - but if Carrie is interested in developing more Pop-leaning songs in future, I'd be happy for her to go in more experimental and innovative directions, as she did here.
    txacar, Kizmet311, ethelu and 1 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Me too!! Luckily for me, my concert is May 9th, so I won’t have to avoid it for too long thank goodness lol

Junior Carrie Follower Caitlin2010's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    My ideal setlist (this was so hard to do!)

1. Cry Pretty
    2. Blown Away
    3. Church Bells
    4. Good Girl
    5. Dirty Laundry

Interlude (End Up With You instrumental)
    6. Backsliding
    7. That Song That We Used To Make Love To
    8. Drinking Alone
    9. Last Name
    10. Smoke Break
    11. Southbound
    *insert medley here with Runaway June + Maddie & Tae*

Interlude (The Bullet instrumental)
    12. Heartbeat
    13. Jesus, Take The Wheel
    14. Low
    15. Spinning Bottles
    16. Ghosts On The Stereo

ENCORE
    Interlude (Kingdom instrumental)
    17. Something In The Water
    18. Love Wins
    19. The Champion

Edit: I would be 100% okay with not hearing AAG, Undo It, Cowboy Casanova, & Wasted. At all.

Carrie Guru
    Good Luck! I say that to myself every tour and it hasn't happened yet. lol.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    I might be seeing the tour two times! I want to visit my friend who lives in Tennessee, and we went to our first Carrie concert together in 2012. We’re going to try to go to her Nashville show at the end of September!
    maddkat, ethelu and Kizmet311 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ nice! I'll be at that show too!Haven't miss a Nashville show yet.Can't break tradition.
    LilUnderwood, adam1995 and ethelu like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    I’m seeing her in Nashville and then I’m seeing her in Atlanta! I’m so exited!! I just hope she sings as many songs as possible from her new album!
    txacar likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan MSCarriefan's Avatar
    Here is an interview with Runaway June about tour and how they can't wait to meet the baby. They mention tour rehearsals starting "very soon"
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/popcult...-new-baby-boy/

I personally don't see Carrie starting rehearsals until the very end of March or April. She started the StoryTeller Tour rehearsals in January and the first date was January 30. I think she mentioned April backstage maybe at the CMAs.
    Jacob will not even be two months until the middle of March and she needs at least 6-8 weeks to recover.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSCarriefan View Post
    Here is an interview with Runaway June about tour and how they can't wait to meet the baby. They mention tour rehearsals starting "very soon"
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/popcult...-new-baby-boy/

I personally don't see Carrie starting rehearsals until the very end of March or April. She started the StoryTeller Tour rehearsals in January and the first date was January 30. I think she mentioned April backstage maybe at the CMAs.
    Jacob will not even be two months until the middle of March and she needs at least 6-8 weeks to recover.
    Yes I agree - "soon" is often a pretty elastic term!

Runaway June are playing dates of their own in the States in February, and are scheduled for three dates in England in March - this involves the O2 in London, as part of the C2C Festival, which may be about the highest exposure of their career so far
    They are a three part harmony act, and Hannah in particular does some intricate instrumentation, so appearances and rehearsals probably co-exist in an ongoing blend - but I can't see them doing much specific rehearsing for the Carrie tour in May until those dates are over. Although they would presumably control their own set list, they may not know till much nearer the tour what song Carrie may want to join them in performing. If she joins in one of theirs, or uses it in a medley, a possibility is "Buy My Own Drinks", which they co-wrote with two of Carrie's favourite writers, Hillary Lindsey and Josh Kear.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Ahhhh I’m just so excited for the concert!!!! Just a little over two months for me. May 9th! I can’t remenber if I mentioned it on here, but the date works out perfectly because my mom’s Bday is May 4th, and Mother’s Day is always around the 10th or 15th. So I already bought her tickets! (Gave to her as a Christmas present) of course one of the tickets is for me!! lol

Junior Carrie Follower Hoangalicious's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin2010 View Post
    My ideal setlist (this was so hard to do!)

1. Cry Pretty
    2. Blown Away
    3. Church Bells
    4. Good Girl
    5. Dirty Laundry

Interlude (End Up With You instrumental)
    6. Backsliding
    7. That Song That We Used To Make Love To
    8. Drinking Alone
    9. Last Name
    10. Smoke Break
    11. Southbound
    *insert medley here with Runaway June + Maddie & Tae*

Interlude (The Bullet instrumental)
    12. Heartbeat
    13. Jesus, Take The Wheel
    14. Low
    15. Spinning Bottles
    16. Ghosts On The Stereo

ENCORE
    Interlude (Kingdom instrumental)
    17. Something In The Water
    18. Love Wins
    19. The Champion

Edit: I would be 100% okay with not hearing AAG, Undo It, Cowboy Casanova, & Wasted. At all.
    I'm OK with not seeing Smoke Break & Love Wins at all.

Cohesion wise, it would be nice (though not likely) for her to include all of the first-person narrative/personal story songs to fit the Cry Pretty theme (like Someday, What Can I Say, Starts With Goodbye, Relapse & Chaser, etc.).

It would also be cool to see Ludacris coming out at some point, or more likely a female tour mate doing his rap part.

Anyway, DC is going to be my first Carrie concert ever. So I am very much looking forward.
    txacar and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Carrie's taking the tour to the UK this summer
    https://www.carrieunderwoodofficial....ne-arena-tour/

THE CRY PRETTY TOUR UK:
    Friday, June 28 / Birmingham, England – Birmingham Resorts World Arena
    Sunday, June 30 / Cardiff, Wales – Cardiff Motorpoint Arena
    Tuesday, July 2 / Glasgow, Scotland – The SSE Hydro
    Wednesday, July 3 / Manchester, England – Manchester Arena
    Thursday, July 4 / London, England – Wembley The SSE Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

THE CRY PRETTY TOUR UK

Capacities:

Birmingham Resorts World Arena - 16000
    Cardiff Motorpoint Arena - 5,000 (seating); 7,500 (standing)
    The SSE Hydro - 13000
    Manchester Arena - 21000
    Wembley The SSE Arena - 12500

Slay! I hope she brings the same stage she will have in America!

Junior Carrie Follower ChoctawCountyAffair's Avatar
    Cmon Carrie, bring the Cry Pretty tour to South America too.
    JoeOrfino likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Wonderful news for the fans in the UK! I hope Louisa and Faraway are able to see her on one of the dates! Hopefully she'll find some time to take the tour to other European cities or Australia as well. Of course, there are also other areas such as South America and Asia that would probably love to see her too! I hope someday she can get there for them.
    rainbow1, ethelu and LouisaJessie like this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Obsessed Carrie Fan carriefan14's Avatar
    Maybe since she is going to the UK, they can release a one-off single like they did with Chaser, with no video. That Song or Backsliding!!
    rainbow1 likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Actually how's the sales of this tour? Got venue sold out already?

Obsessed Carrie Fan MSCarriefan's Avatar
    I liked how they planned the UK tour dates four or five days after the first part of the US tour ends and around the same time she has to be back July 6 to perform at the Cavendish Beach Music Festival in Canada. (She probably only wants to be away from Jacob a week if she is nursing)

I wonder if the Australian leg which I expect will be annouced soon will be after the tour ends sometimes in Nov or late August?
    rainbow1 and brenda218 like this.

•  
    Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast