Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Like Tree2357Likes

Thread: Cry Pretty Tour 360

Concert Stars
    This is the message you get when you try to buy tickets in San Antonio:
    We apologize. We are unable to complete your request on this device.

So that you may continue to shop, we recommend using a different device (laptop, phone, tablet, etc.). Using a shared device? Make sure you’re logged into your Ticketmaster account.
    glenn7 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Did you have to buy a VIP package for the 4th row middle section?
    No, that was just the first seat I got. I did only buy one ticket for the show so that probably helped. I bought two for the other and did not fair as well but still pretty good.
    Kizmet311 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Just out of curiosity, if you don't get that great of tickets for the presale, why not just wait until Friday? Is this the only way to get these packages? And are they that important if you won't meet Carrie in some of them?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, if you don't get that great of tickets for the presale, why not just wait until Friday? Is this the only way to get these packages? And are they that important if you won't meet Carrie in some of them?
    to some people yes they are
    and I'd prefer to go ahead and get my tickets instead of waiting.It's that simple.
    ethelu, Kizmet311 and Smokyiiis like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post

So that you may continue to shop, we recommend using a different device (laptop, phone, tablet, etc.). Using a shared device? Make sure you’re logged into your Ticketmaster account.
    I got that for Cin, Lou,Nashville and MSG shows on my phone, desktop and my sisters laptop.Finally used an old tablet and got tickets.
    Kizmet311, Smokyiiis and glenn7 like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insane Carrie Fan
    I'm waiting until Friday. As long as I can get seats in the middle section, even if a little higher up, like I got with ST, I'll be fine. I just don't want to be on one of the end sections.
    adam1995 and Smokyiiis like this.

Huge Carrie Follower huggablebri's Avatar
    The M@G Package here in Canada is almost $1500. dollars. I don't see that selling out very quickly
    Only thing that comes up for me on Emerald is row 10 at best. Should I not be so greedy and think that is close enough?lol

Junior Carrie Follower Caitlin2010's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I had a very similar experience to everyone else. Ticketmaster wasn’t finding ANY tickets for a good 5 minutes. I knew I didn’t want GA, so I was hoping lower level would pop up. The first thing it gave me was the very top of the arena as “best available”... ridiculous! So, I randomly decided to try for the emerald VIP package and it gave me dead center section, seats 9 and 10 so even the seats are dead center, and 4th row. I couldn’t pass that up. Didn’t want to spend that much, but it’ll be worth it.
    Kizmet311 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    to some people yes they are
    and I'd prefer to go ahead and get my tickets instead of waiting.It's that simple.
    Alright, just a question. There are still great seats available when the general sale starts. I got on the floor last time waiting until then. But, to each there own, just seems there's a lot of disappointment in people buying already.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    There is a better way. I don't know if he still does it, but Brad's fan club used to do the presales through his website. You kind of go in a lottery for a certain number of tickets and you don't find out where your seats are until you get there, but they are always excellent seats. I did it for his tour when Carrie opened for him and got 3rd row pit seats (seated) at Riverbend, which is outdoor amphitheater style seating. Any artist who does their fan club presales through Ticketmaster seems to have little control over where they are since Ticketmaster now has the Official Platinum seats taking up all the good seats that are priced higher than normal. Ticketmaster tries to say the platinum seats are for getting the "good" seats in fan's hands instead of buying them through places like StubHub, but they are still ripping people off.

Now I personally chose to drop over $200 a ticket to guarantee myself a good seat, but not everyone is able or willing to do that and all seats outside of the VIP packages should not be priced higher than the quoted max price of $90 or so.
    Quoting myself to finish my thoughts since I thought of something else later. Although some people don't like it, Ticketmaster also does the Verified Fan thing. At a minimum, you just have to sign up as a Verified Fan through Ticketmaster, although there are various activities you can do leading up to the presale date to earn points to get earlier access. I did it for Taylor Swift and I got access either at 9:00 PM on the first day or the second day, can't remember. All I did was sign up to be a verified fan and I might have tweeted one or two things, but I didn't preorder the album or buy any merchandise and I still had access to lower bowl seats on the side. Of course, I ultimately decided not to buy them anyway since they were so expensive.

I also purchased tickets for Adele's last tour. You simply registered on her website by a certain date and you were emailed a code or link for buying tickets. Then the day they went on sale you went to the website (through Songkick) and got in queue/line. They went on sale at 10:00 and I sat in the queue for 20 minutes. It was super stressful, but I got 7th row floor in Nashville so I was ecstatic. There was no option to mail/email tickets - they had to be picked up in person at a special table that was associated with Adele/Songkick, not the venue will call.

The funny thing is - neither the Verified Fan for Taylor or the presale with Adele cost me a single cent other than the tickets I purchased. And both were MUCH better options for getting tickets into the hands of fans. Now Taylor's tickets were so expensive I couldn't justify it, but I think I paid $150 for floor seats to Adele which my friend and I had pre-determined we were ok spending. So, yeah, there are other routes that artists can choose to go to try to keep tickets out of the hands of bots. I don't blame Carrie for Ticketmaster's process. Honestly, I think all our fan club presale code "guarantees" is first access to tickets - not the best seats, not even that we will get seats - just the "chance" to get them before they might sell out in the public sale. And as others have said - I didn't even have to enter my fan club presale code to get my VIP package today, which was kind of crazy. I think fan club members should have had first access to the VIP packages.
    Smokyiiis and Hil like this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    Alright, just a question. There are still great seats available when the general sale starts. I got on the floor last time waiting until then. But, to each there own, just seems there's a lot of disappointment in people buying already.

Actually it's the fact that this is happening to her fanclub members. In all honesty, it should not. In many cases, including my own, it's the ONLY reason we belong to the official fan club. She used to be quite active but hasn't been in quite some time and a once a year "blurb" on the fanclub site that immediately goes PUBLIC anyway? I think people have a right to be disgruntled.
    ethelu likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    For me, getting the best seat possible was that important since I ended up right behind where the M&G VIP will be sitting for essentially the same price as Ticketmaster was charging for the "Official Platinum" seats a few rows behind me. Plus, the Ultimate VIP packages (with the M&G) do appear to be selling out in some cities already. For the VIP packages, you didn't even have to use the Fan Club presale code - it's just a free for all. So, if I waited until Friday, I likely wouldn't have gotten one of the VIP packages. As crazy as today has been, Friday will be worse and fan club members could be shut out if they waited until after all the million other presales and public sale.

Besides, it's not the first time I've paid over $200 to see Carrie, lol. And last time she was just the opener!
    Hil likes this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    this presale sucked so bad, but in the end I secured tickets to 3 shows for me & friends ,and 2 shows for an international friend. I'm exhausted.
    I'm glad you finally got tickets!
    maddkat likes this.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I think it feels like more of a scramble, because there are a LOT of people that don't want to stand up, which makes the lower level seats even more precious and hard to come by. I think we all could have gotten GA floor if we wanted it after Ticketmaster finally started working right, but a lot of us don't want pit or GA.
    Smokyiiis and maddkat like this.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Huge Carrie Follower carriethequeen's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by twaintrain View Post
    I’m happy... at one city I am in the section in front of the middle stage, 4th row, seat 1! I got really good seats for my second show as well.
    How?? lucky! I had nothing but side sections show up.. ROWS N,P, AND Q!!! I was so disappointed and said no way. Praying better seats pop up, I will keep checking and also look into other presales. For all my shows I had terrible options or nothing at all show up. I just wish the seat map would show up so I can select my seats... eventually that will happen I just don't know when
    maddkat and ethelu like this.

Junior Carrie Follower DazzledByCarrie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mgbjr View Post
    Anyone know if the pit is for VIP members only or if they aren’t doing pit for presales for non VIP tickets. I’ve tried 20 times to get Pit tickets and all I’m getting for the presale is GA floor
    Mine gave me the option of non-VIP pit tickets for $320 which makes no sense since that is way more than the VIP ones. However, it kept saying there weren’t any available. After nearly twenty minutes I refreshed and the suddenly it was saying the Diamond package was available.

Junior Carrie Follower wonderboy's Avatar
    Concert Stars

I got that a lot as well
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzledByCarrie View Post
    Mine gave me the option of non-VIP pit tickets for $320 which makes no sense since that is way more than the VIP ones. However, it kept saying there weren’t any available. After nearly twenty minutes I refreshed and the suddenly it was saying the Diamond package was available.
    I just looked at Louisville and they have changed the pit tickets (non-VIP) to "Official Platinum" status. This, my friends, is why Ticketmaster SUCKS. Tickets that are supposed to be $92 and they've upped them to $300 based on "market" price. It's ridiculous.
    maddkat and Smokyiiis like this.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Actually it's the fact that this is happening to her fanclub members. In all honesty, it should not. In many cases, including my own, it's the ONLY reason we belong to the official fan club. She used to be quite active but hasn't been in quite some time and a once a year "blurb" on the fanclub site that immediately goes PUBLIC anyway? I think people have a right to be disgruntled.
    And that's my point...why, do it? It's just an honest question I have.

I agree, it doesn't seem to make much sense that it works the way it does, so, to me, doesn't seem worth it, unless you're trying to meet Carrie.

Junior Carrie Follower wonderboy's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quoting myself to finish my thoughts since I thought of something else later. Although some people don't like it, Ticketmaster also does the Verified Fan thing. At a minimum, you just have to sign up as a Verified Fan through Ticketmaster, although there are various activities you can do leading up to the presale date to earn points to get earlier access. I did it for Taylor Swift and I got access either at 9:00 PM on the first day or the second day, can't remember. All I did was sign up to be a verified fan and I might have tweeted one or two things, but I didn't preorder the album or buy any merchandise and I still had access to lower bowl seats on the side. Of course, I ultimately decided not to buy them anyway since they were so expensive.

I also purchased tickets for Adele's last tour. You simply registered on her website by a certain date and you were emailed a code or link for buying tickets. Then the day they went on sale you went to the website (through Songkick) and got in queue/line. They went on sale at 10:00 and I sat in the queue for 20 minutes. It was super stressful, but I got 7th row floor in Nashville so I was ecstatic. There was no option to mail/email tickets - they had to be picked up in person at a special table that was associated with Adele/Songkick, not the venue will call.

The funny thing is - neither the Verified Fan for Taylor or the presale with Adele cost me a single cent other than the tickets I purchased. And both were MUCH better options for getting tickets into the hands of fans. Now Taylor's tickets were so expensive I couldn't justify it, but I think I paid $150 for floor seats to Adele which my friend and I had pre-determined we were ok spending. So, yeah, there are other routes that artists can choose to go to try to keep tickets out of the hands of bots. I don't blame Carrie for Ticketmaster's process. Honestly, I think all our fan club presale code "guarantees" is first access to tickets - not the best seats, not even that we will get seats - just the "chance" to get them before they might sell out in the public sale. And as others have said - I didn't even have to enter my fan club presale code to get my VIP package today, which was kind of crazy. I think fan club members should have had first access to the VIP packages.
    Honestly I’m sure there are better ways. Carrie’s fan club could step it up like Brad’s used to. Save the first 15 rows or something. Paying top dollar for a VIP package just isn’t reasonable for most of Carrie’s fans, many of whom will also have travel expenses and/or possibly even hotels to pay for. It’s just disappointing that people with a lot of money get the most options, but I guess no one cares as long as tickets are sold. I’m going to wait a while and see if I find anything else a little later. They are also sending me a presale for preordering the album from the Cry Pretty website. I’ll see if I find anything good then and then if not I’ll see what I can get Friday.

No disrespect meant to anyone. Just an extremely flustered fan!
    Kizmet311, Smokyiiis and ethelu like this.

•  
    Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast