Page 98 of 515 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 10281
Like Tree36075Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Obsessed Carrie Fan carriefan14's Avatar
    It's interesting that Carrie liked that Kacey Musgraves interview on Twitter. At the end, Kacey says, what's the point if you don't evolve...
    Hil, teesharky, ethelu and 2 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan carriefan14's Avatar
    I wanted to add that, while I liked Kacey's comments and like her even more, i don't think it's always necessary for an artist to evolve. Sometimes they are just what they are, and that's perfectly enough. For example, Alan Jackson, Vince Gill, and Randy Travis.

Carrie has evolved a bit since "Jesus, Take the Wheel" came out, but even since BHC, she's always occupied the space for thematic, hard-hitting, movie-story songs, like TBC, Church Bells, BHC, Last Name, Blown away, Just a Dream, etc.

She has created this very unique space for herself in country music, just as Miranda Lambert has with songs that harp on being quaint, footloose and fancy-free. That is ML's brand, just as Carrie's brand is about story songs that are merciless and have power vocals. Kacey Musgraves is like ML's younger, more liberal, hippie sister, with a little bit more "edge" thrown in because of her "tell it like it is" lyrics. Taylor swift's brand is about boyfriend songs and catty girl fights and hopeless romantics and dancing.

My point is, an artist can evolve and keep their fans, but there's always a certain theme or a point to which they won't evolve, because they dont want to evolve too much and alienate their fans. Every artist has a theme, even the bro-country dudes (there's a slight difference even between Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan).

So, I hope Carrie evolves of course, but I also love the very unique persona she has in the music world. Out of every other country artist, Carrie's songs have the best chances of being spun into movies. Haha!

Concert Stars
    Yes ok the Olympics are over. So it's time for some news already.

I have been patient (for me) but I am starting to get fidgety again. haha
    Hil, Claire2004, rainbow1 and 2 others like this.

Hil
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Yes ok the Olympics are over. So it's time for some news already.

I have been patient (for me) but I am starting to get fidgety again. haha
    You have been patient. I'm ready for some news too.

Concert Stars
    Carrie's Twitter followers have increased to 8.31 million. Can't wait to see how that will be affected by new music. Really, really can't wait to get the first few hints about the theme of the album. It's getting closer -- I feel it.
    Hil, Smokyiiis, ethelu and 6 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I do hope you are right!!!
    txacar, liz278 and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    So bored. Lol
    sd20 likes this.

Im pretty sure they are ready to go with hints, promo and most of the music. They are just waiting for Carrie to heal completely, wich will take a month or two.

Just speculation!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Okay I am ready for some album and single news! It would be awesome if we heard some news tomorrow but that is probably unlikely.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    this video for TC worries me.Does it mean no new real music(music associated with cd 6) for a while?
    Is this something to tide us over? Please don't let them think TC can be a lead single for cd 6.
    cmarieu, Claire2004 and oldyfan like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    ^^^ hmmm makes you wonder. What would she sing on the ACM's given the fact that she has the female nom, I would assume she will perform......
    oldyfan likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    There's no way "The Champion" is the lead single! At least I hope so. I don't get this move for a video, really hope it's for a just because type of thing. Keep her name out there.
    cmarieu, Carrieslegs84 and oldyfan like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    this video for TC worries me.Does it mean no new real music(music associated with cd 6) for a while?
    Is this something to tide us over? Please don't let them think TC can be a lead single for cd 6.
    What video? Is there an official video for TC?
    oldyfan likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Poe View Post
    What video? Is there an official video for TC?
    yes, there's a look at it today on Today at 8am
    oldyfan likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's impossible The Champion be the lead single, it would be stupid release a song that has already been released. I believe it's to get more time for her, a month or two until the first single. People are pushing her and this is a move.

Or we'll see the scar so people stop talking. (I don't believe).
    pklongbeach and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    I would not be the Lead as TC was produced by an outside group. So no worries there. Yes, it does mean that there was interest enough in the song that it was worth using it for something else. It is probably not even Carries people doing it. They probably just signed off on it. And all the profit would go to NBC or whoever produced it. I believe it to be a totally outside project.

And yes, giving the greenlight for this basically means no lead single for the forseeable future. Her team probably has nothing on the table yet. We have to remember, no matter how much, this injury changed the timing of things, no doubt. We can still hope for a Fall Album and Single release. Maybe CMA's Single is sung. Album drops shortly after that for the Holidays. But single could be released in late summer also for a CMA bump.

I am fine with this as TC could be sold to the pop market as we have talked about without affecting the "legitimacy" of her country commitment. And we get more Carrie as we wait for new music. I think its a win. And of course yes, she will likely sing it "again" at ACM's unless she does a tribute of some kind.

Only hope now is that ML does not do a snatch and grab and drop a lead single a head of Carrie........
    Carrieslegs84 and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    if this video pushes the lead single even further i think i'll cry lol. sorry to sound so ungrateful, i love TC but i need a new album
    Last edited by john1987; 03-02-2018 at 12:47 PM.
    txacar, maddkat, Kizmet311 and 4 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Only hope now is that ML does not do a snatch and grab and drop a lead single a head of Carrie........
    Realistically, I don't think you need fret over that point. Miranda has intimated twice now that's she's working between tour dates on new Pistol Annies material. That may well come out this year (and I'm eagerly awaiting it), but if she releases it on Vanner, she'll again have to undertake much of the promotion herself (which won't bother her or many of the fans, and shouldn't bother rival fans) - and if it's released on RCA or Columbia, it's still unlikely to be heavily promoted, since the three artists are associated with different label groups, and the material is unlikely to be seen as having much commercial radio appeal.

That point is also likely to apply if she decides to violate her parole conditions and "snatch and grab" a solo album release - if she does, none of the signs I've seen, from tour and concert reports, her associations, or her own posts suggest that she's currently keen to position new work closer to the Mainstream. Skipping the Grammy awards for the second year running, even though she was in New York that night, watching a Broadway show with her managers and designer, pointedly posting that they were having a "girls' night out" again suggests that her priorities are not focused on that kind of competitive rivalry.

I think she's happy doing what she loves, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Carrie was too.

Concert Stars
    I really hope we hear something soon. Sooooooooooooooo bored. lol

Concert Stars
    "Burn Out", the most recent co-write with Hillary Lindsey and Zach Crowell, was taken down from the ASCAP repertory. Her new team is really committed to keeping us in the dark about this album. Kind of exciting, kind of infuriating."

This is from Typo on Pulse over a week ago. If Typo can't find anything then they really are keeping a tight lid on anything related to Carrie right now.

•