Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 95 of 204 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 4067
Like Tree14417Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

If I have to read another "How do you know" post I'm seriously considering not coming back here again, it really sucks the fun out of reading anything here when I only visit every few days, when I have to continuously read the same accusatory comment followed by banter and arguments. It's getting aggravating to be honest.
    teesharky likes this.

sco
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    I agree with your time table. I think we'll know about a single by ACM time, and hopefully they tell us album and tour bundling information too.
    Iím still holding out hope that sheíll perform the lead single at the ACMs.
    rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    Me too! That's 6 weeks away,it could happen.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    Same, that what I'm hoping for too. And it does seem possible.
    Russ Wood and rainbow1 like this.

sco
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    Same, that what I'm hoping for too. And it does seem possible.
    Before somebody asks let me preface my comments with this is a pure guess and I definitively know absolutely nothing. I think their original plan may have been to have the album ready for
    ACM timeframe and the accident set them back. Iíd be willing to bet they are pushing hard to have the lead single ready. UMG has shown a history of releasing lead singles, and even multiple singles, before a album is ready.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Triquetral View Post
    If I have to read another "How do you know" post I'm seriously considering not coming back here again, it really sucks the fun out of reading anything here when I only visit every few days, when I have to continuously read the same accusatory comment followed by banter and arguments. It's getting aggravating to be honest.
    Ignore is your friend. I used it last night for the same reason. I'd had enough. Unfortunately you still see the posts when people take the bait and reply. Everyone should know not to reply by now, it's been going on for months.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by stuffy View Post
    Ignore is your friend. I used it last night for the same reason. I'd had enough. Unfortunately you still see the posts when people take the bait and reply. Everyone should know not to reply by now, it's been going on for months.
    I have to agree with you. I've been reading these posts the past month or so and I've come to the conclusion that this poster isn't really who they pretend to be but someone here just to cause a disruption in our conversations. Ignore and please no one answer and perhaps they will just go away.

Huge Carrie Follower

Quote Originally Posted by kdprouty View Post
    I have to agree with you. I've been reading these posts the past month or so and I've come to the conclusion that this poster isn't really who they pretend to be but someone here just to cause a disruption in our conversations. Ignore and please no one answer and perhaps they will just go away.
    I have come to the conclusion that the Carrie fans board isnít the place for me & I have decided permanently to not come back to the board.Its too vicious & too toxic for my well being.Why am I putting so much effort into this board when itís messing with my mind so much?Its not worth the time or effort to post things & get negative feedback from people who I think take this stuff a little too seriously.Carrie would be so disappointed to see that youíre treating a fellow fan so rudely & harshly when all Iím doing is giving my two cents.Its no wonder that the Carrie fans that I follow on Twitter donít come on here.I have a curious nature & if I want to give my opinions,I should be able to do so without fear of criticism & meanness!!But since none of you are willing to do that,I canít stay on the board knowing how badly this is affecting my moods & my well being.Life is too short to be getting such negative criticism & beating down my sense of self worth.I just wish that all of you wouldíve had the decency & maturity to treat a fellow human being better!!It seems to me that either you choose not to do that or are too lazy to even try!!I love Carrie to pieces,but there is life outside of this board people!!Life is too short to be sitting in front of a computer screen telling people that their opinion is wrong when theyíre not willing to acknowledge other opinions other than their own!!You need to be willing to look at your own imperfections before criticizing me for my own!!

Huge Carrie Follower MSCarriefan's Avatar
    ^If you would not attack and criticize every post you don't think is correct, you would enjoy it. You don't need to call people out just because you don't agree. There are fans on Twitter who attack just like you do on here and that's not right either. Just enjoy it here
    rainbow1 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    All opinions are welcome. And we all contribute our own, but nitpicking every piece of speculation is not necessary. You can ask why someone feels a certain way, but please don't jump all over a theory and immediately say it's not going to happen just because you don't think it's going to happen. No one is running you down, anymore than you are doing to them. We like to have fun thinking of all of the possibilities at this stage of the album process. We have no details and that lets us have a ton of freedom, which we like. Stick around and join the fun. Yes, there are crazy times, but roll with it, enjoy it, and don't take it too seriously. Like you said we all have lives outside this board, and honestly this is where I can come to take my mind off of things, and I'm sure others do that too.
    Last edited by adam1995; 02-18-2018 at 07:09 AM.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    [QUOTE=Carrieslegs84;4754701]I have come to the conclusion that the Carrie fans board isnít the place for me

Thatís to bad... For me personally I donít let anyone effect the fun I have following Carries incredible career! I donít take myself too seriously and try and have fun with it even when trolls and posers try and rain on the parade..

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    Nothing I would like better, but I suspect it's just Carrie's love of fashion (and this is a spectacular pic of MJB). Carrie follows her on twitter and they've known each other for years through Grammys, etc. Both are in the 2018 group voted to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Can't wait for that to happen!!
    Also, Mary J is a fellow Capitol artist, and identifies as a committed Christian, whose non-judgmental and open church views have been criticized by some more traditional believers. I see it as natural that Carrie might find areas of common ground with her. In music, their worlds might seem quite different - but I do see similarities. Mary J uses soul and power vocal singing to unite modern urban Hip Hop styles with elements of more traditional Black music - and this general approach to unifying elements of a genre's evolution is not too far removed from the type of stylistic blending that Carrie aims for in Country.

A collaboration does indeed seem pretty much of a long shot - but it wouldn't surprise me if Carrie didn't have a little of Mary J in mind when she was working out her approach to "The Champion"
    txacar, teesharky, ethelu and 3 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Ooh yes I love me some Mary J Blige. There are some connections there as they hung out a bit at the Grammys etc and are both strong Christians etc.
    ethelu, rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

Junior Carrie Follower SpringsCarrieFan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that the Carrie fans board isnít the place for me & I have decided permanently to not come back to the board.Its too vicious & too toxic for my well being.Why am I putting so much effort into this board when itís messing with my mind so much?Its not worth the time or effort to post things & get negative feedback from people who I think take this stuff a little too seriously.Carrie would be so disappointed to see that youíre treating a fellow fan so rudely & harshly when all Iím doing is giving my two cents.Its no wonder that the Carrie fans that I follow on Twitter donít come on here.I have a curious nature & if I want to give my opinions,I should be able to do so without fear of criticism & meanness!!But since none of you are willing to do that,I canít stay on the board knowing how badly this is affecting my moods & my well being.Life is too short to be getting such negative criticism & beating down my sense of self worth.I just wish that all of you wouldíve had the decency & maturity to treat a fellow human being better!!It seems to me that either you choose not to do that or are too lazy to even try!!I love Carrie to pieces,but there is life outside of this board people!!Life is too short to be sitting in front of a computer screen telling people that their opinion is wrong when theyíre not willing to acknowledge other opinions other than their own!!You need to be willing to look at your own imperfections before criticizing me for my own!!
    The problem is you are the one attacking others opinions. It's fine to have an opinion, but almost all your posts have been negative. Members try to be polite with you, but it's got to the point where it's hard to tolerate it. Example: when you asked members what a painting has anything to do with new music, members politely explained to you that Carrie has subtly dropped hints like that in the past. Then you'd continue to berate with comments with "well that has nothing to do with it" or "you are over reaching". You are the one that's treating others disrespectfully. At this point, people have had enough and that's why they are being more aggressive with you. You can't expect others to treat you nicely when you can't even do the same.
    Claire2004 and PRGuy79 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    Highlighted the hypocrisy.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    keep on topic, any further off topic posts will be deleted
    txacar likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obsessed Carrie Fan carriefan14's Avatar
    Anyway, how far along do you think the recording is going? If she started vocals in early Jan. I would expect most of the songs have been heard in the studio or they will be finishing them up by the end of this month?

I almost forgot about American Idol coming back in March. Do you think if Idol asked her to perform her lead single in April/May she would feel okay doing that?

I'm curious too how Carrie's perception of her injury might affect the photoshoots for this album as well. Do you think they might push back photos until next month or April to give her more time to heal? We still dont even know if her appearance has changed at all, but if she chose to turn away while taking that gym photo, I guess it's possible she personally feels that she looks different.
    txacar, rainbow1 and teesharky like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriefan14 View Post
    Anyway, how far along do you think the recording is going? If she started vocals in early Jan. I would expect most of the songs have been heard in the studio or they will be finishing them up by the end of this month?

I almost forgot about American Idol coming back in March. Do you think if Idol asked her to perform her lead single in April/May she would feel okay doing that?

I'm curious too how Carrie's perception of her injury might affect the photoshoots for this album as well. Do you think they might push back photos until next month or April to give her more time to heal? We still dont even know if her appearance has changed at all, but if she chose to turn away while taking that gym photo, I guess it's possible she personally feels that she looks different.
    If she started recording in early January, I think there is a good chance she could actually already be finished, unless they need additional songs. But if she had all the songs settled, then she could probably record them fairly quickly - we all know she's "one take Carrie"! So, then it would be up to the engineers and producers to get the songs to their final state and for Carrie to approve those finished songs and then they would have to share the finished recordings with the label. The ACMs are just 6 weeks away, so that gives them plenty of time for at least a single photoshoot and hopefully even a video shoot for the lead single, as well as starting to plan their radio promotion and promotional performances. The album itself actually wouldn't need to be finished for a little while longer, as long as she has cover art for the lead single, and cover art/name for the album and tour, she could still do the big information blast at the beginning of the process.

I do hope that when the single is released, it's a huge blast of information so I hope these next 6 weeks are spent coming up with a promotional plan for the single, album, and tour. I really want all that information at once, rather than having to wait longer for the album and tour info. I hope and pray that Carrie's face has healed enough for her to be comfortable going in front of the camera for the single/album photo shoots and a video. At least with things done in a studio, scars can be retouched in photos and probably videos too. As long as there aren't structural changes to her face, the scars could be hidden with technology. Her first public appearance would be more difficult since she can only use makeup to hide any scars and won't have the opportunity for retouching the photos. If they are considering a single release plus album covert art/info all at the same time, I wouldn't think she could push a photoshoot past March since they need time to select and edit the photos. A video only needs a couple days to shoot, but more time to produce and put everything together. If, as we hope, a lead single is coming at the ACMs, then I think she is going to be VERY busy in March getting things ready for a big promotional run to start in April. My guess is a couple months of single promotion with the album to come in June - probably scheduled for AFTER the Stanley Cup finals, haha.

As for Idol, I personally think the debut performance of a new single would happen at the ACMs, but I do think the new season of Idol would be a great promotional opportunity. I don't see why she wouldn't hit up Idol and hopefully some talk shows as well in April.
    "Thank you for that ĎCaptain Obviousí sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the Ďrightí notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    Gosh it would be LOVELY to see Carrie hit up the talk shows and morning shows again! It seems like it's been forever!
    txacar, Kizmet311, Suellen and 5 others like this.

Concert Stars
    god i need some news soon, i am slowly going crazy lol. i don't think January was her first time in the studio for this album but i could be wrong
    txacar, rainbow1, hjj and 3 others like this.

•