Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 93 of 204 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 4067
Like Tree14417Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Huge Carrie Follower

Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    I wouldn't waste time worrying about awards.I think they've shown they have no interest in awarding Carrie beyond an occasional fvoty no matter how good her music may be.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk
    Why do you say that?I would think that UMG would at least have a little bit of clout in that area & saying that the ACMs & CMAs Have no interest in awarding Carrie beyond FVOTY just sounds like you feel there’s never going to be any chances for her to ever win awards on those shows again.Isn’t that selling them a bit short?Couldn’t you at least be a little more positive about it?

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    Why do you say that?I would think that UMG would at least have a little bit of clout in that area & saying that the ACMs & CMAs Have no interest in awarding Carrie beyond FVOTY just sounds like you feel there’s never going to be any chances for her to ever win awards on those shows again.Isn’t that selling them a bit short?Couldn’t you at least be a little more positive about it?
    Record label promotion does have some influence in the award voting, but it is limited. I think the clout they have in that area is likely to be greatest in the case of a new artist who combines a considerable "buzz" with commercial success (especially on radio, where the record labels have the most clout anyway) - but that effect tends to dissipate quite quickly. Since Carrie is new to the UMG roster (and also has both the awareness factor and the commercial success, with good prospects for a continued strong radio presence), I would expect UMC to try to concentrate the influence they can muster in giving her a fresh "push" in that area (especially as she appears to be the standout female artist on a roster that has been noticeably male dominated before she joined).

But if people are saying the prospects may not lead to awards (which are always dubious to predict), I don't think it is really "selling her short". We need to remember that fans who put considerable stock on awards get understandably frustrated with a lengthy ongoing situation, and need to guard against yet more disappointment.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    I'm hopeful too, always, but I don't worry about it. :-)
    Ok, I agree with this. Yes, I don't worry about it either. But, I'm always hopeful!!!

Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    What's the car accident?
    It was actually this:
    https://jonathanturley.org/2018/01/2...rive-him-home/

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    Im ok as long as she keep winning Grammys...

me too. I am soooo over the CMAS and ACMS. They just continue to treat Carrie like dirt so I will no longer give them the time of day. Grammys mean sooo much more anyway.

My only fear is that the Grammys have gone more to Maren Morris lately. Carrie got snubbed for country album for Storyteller- her best album, and Maren got the nom and also beat her for Church Bells, which should have won. Then this year- Maren got another solo nom while Carrie got nothing.

My only hope is now that Maren went pop and is singing with teen pop stars, country music voters will stop giving her all the love.

I am tired of Carrie being overlooked for her albums at the Grammys, and now for Solo. It's time she gets the credit she deserves, even though she has won 7 Grammys. I feel like she has not won any Major categories since BNA. I want her albums to be recognized finally.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy16 View Post
    I don’t know if I want her to release something soon or to keep holding off. 2017 was full of so much new music from major artists, it seems like 2018 is gonna be the same. Kacey Musgraves has an album coming out soon and Maren just posted that she’s been in the studio. Wouldn’t surprise me if Miranda is up to something too haha. I just want Carrie’s time to be perfect and win the awards lol
    yes but neither of them will be any threat to a super star like Carrie, especially with Marin going pop lately. I am so tired of waiting and waiting. Enough already! lol
    rainbow1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    yes but neither of them will be any threat to a super star like Carrie, especially with Marin going pop lately. I am so tired of waiting and waiting. Enough already! lol
    Maren did one pop song, as a featured artist. If anything, Carrie "went pop" by writing and singing lead on The Champion. I know that "The Champion was for a specific event though!!!" but Maren singing as a featured artist on a song is not going to reduce the fact that she's a Grammy winning country artist that is making country music.
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    me too. I am soooo over the CMAS and ACMS. They just continue to treat Carrie like dirt so I will no longer give them the time of day. Grammys mean sooo much more anyway.

My only fear is that the Grammys have gone more to Maren Morris lately. Carrie got snubbed for country album for Storyteller- her best album, and Maren got the nom and also beat her for Church Bells, which should have won. Then this year- Maren got another solo nom while Carrie got nothing.

My only hope is now that Maren went pop and is singing with teen pop stars, country music voters will stop giving her all the love.

I am tired of Carrie being overlooked for her albums at the Grammys, and now for Solo. It's time she gets the credit she deserves, even though she has won 7 Grammys. I feel like she has not won any Major categories since BNA. I want her albums to be recognized finally.
    Maren won one Grammy, for a very deserving song in a Carrie down year. I wouldn't worry about it.
    DazzledByCarrie likes this.

Concert Stars

I am too baffled by the Grammys country album snubs. Carrie didn't have the Sony support that's why she lost solo last year. This year, she had zero support from Sony as she left them
    And done if UMG would rally for a song she recorded with another label. She will start fresh and I hope she will win again. Our biggest threat now is Chris Stapleton.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Maren has actually done features/duets on TWO pop songs now - the one with Niall Horan which they sang on one or two award shows and now the new one with Zedd and somebody else. The good thing with the Grammys is that only people with credits on albums get to vote (artists, songwriters, engineers, producers, musicians, etc), but the problem with the Grammys is people outside of country can vote. While I still don't think Maren is that well known to the mainstream, I consider her association to the country genre a very loose one and she is clearly making friends in other genres, which could lead to more votes at the Grammys. Much like Chris Stapleton, who although he is a very country artist, has developed a friendship and connection with Justin Timberlake which has really raised his profile with voters from other genres. Carrie used to be the country artist that was most well known outside of the genre and in some ways, i think she still is, but there are others that are starting to have those connections as well. Add to that the combination of the male/female categories and I think she can still win Grammys, but it may be less frequent than in the past.
    Carrieslegs84 and rainbow1 like this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Guys, I had a dream about Carrie's future lead single. It was called "Ripped" (weird) and she was using a violet jacket and curly hair on the cover.
    rainbow1 and ethelu like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    Maren won one Grammy, for a very deserving song in a Carrie down year. I wouldn't worry about it.
    That’s not really true. She won over Church Bells- during carrie’s Big album eligibility year for Storyteller. This year was xarrie’s Down year. But when Church Bells went against Maten’s MyChurch it lost. Maren also got an album bid over ST . That was Carrie’s big year- and best album- abd she was totally snubbed. Church Bells wasvery deserving of the win. It was a big hit for Carrie.

However- it’s possible SONY did this to Carrie intentionally to help Maren since Randy was super focused on breaking new talent and said so. He may have sacrificed Carrie’s big album and big year to help MM.

Also Carrie announced the label change very soon after the 2017 Grammys- right after this snub. It’s possible SONY knew she was leaving before the voting began so they shafted her.
    Last edited by teesharky; 02-12-2018 at 04:32 PM.
    Smokyiiis and rainbow1 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    MNot true. She won’t er Church Bells- during carrie’s Big album eligibility year for Storyteller. This year was xarrie’s Down year. But when Church Bells went against Maten’s MyChurch it lost. Maren also got an album bid over ST . That was Carrie’s big year- and best album- abd she was totally snubbed. Church Bells wasvery deserving of the win. It was a big hit for Carrie.

However- it’s possible SONY did this to Carrie intentionally to help Maren since Randy was super focused on breaking new talent and said so. He may have sacrificed Carrie’s big album and big year to help MM.

Also Carrie announced the label change very soon after the 2017 Grammys- right after this snub. It’s possible SONY knew she was leaving before the voting began so they shafted her.
    Sure, but it wasn't a standout Carrie track like SITW or BHC. I love it, but it didn't measure up to those. MC was a big moment for a new artist. And, I've simply come to the conclusion that the Grammy's just may not nominate her albums. I don't know why, they just don't, maybe that will change with this one, but saying Maren got an album nomination over Carrie, when Carrie has never gotten one, isn't showing the voters choosing her over Carrie.

Should Storyteller have been nominated? Absolutely. Am I surprised it wasn't? No.
    teesharky and Carrieslegs84 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I don't think Maren is one that I worry about when it comes to Grammy's. I believe that Carrie will be back and now that she is with UMG, things will change......

I also agree with Zman312 on the fact that Carrie did not have Sony support.. Hopefully Cindy Mabe will be the Joe Galante of Sony.... He sure did love his Queen.....

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by rcramer View Post
    I don't think Maren is one that I worry about when it comes to Grammy's. I believe that Carrie will be back and now that she is with UMG, things will change......

I also agree with Zman312 on the fact that Carrie did not have Sony support.. Hopefully Cindy Mabe will be the Joe Galante of Sony.... He sure did love his Queen.....
    Exactly, there were many factors that year. It's nothing to worry about. Carrie will be back in the Grammy fold with the next album.
    Carrieslegs84 and Hil like this.

Concert Stars
    I’m afraid I’d have to agree wholeheartedly with Tee that she was thoroughly snubbed on the Storyteller album. I was one of the few that wasn’t thrilled with Smoke Break, but I ADORED Church Bells and Dirty Laundry and felt they deserved a lot more love then they got. Church Bells should definitely have had something other than a live video too! Way worthy!
    Carrieslegs84, rainbow1 and Gator like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ramb View Post
    ....she was using a violet jacket and curly hair on the cover.
    Maybe she's planning to cover something by Prince? (wink)
    ramb likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower

MNot true. She won’t er Church Bells- during carrie’s Big album eligibility year for Storyteller. This year was xarrie’s Down year. But when Church Bells went against Maten’s MyChurch it lost. Maren also got an album bid over ST . That was Carrie’s big year- and best album- abd she was totally snubbed. Church Bells wasvery deserving of the win. It was a big hit for Carrie.

Why would Sony intentionally shaft Carrie & sacrifice her for Maren Morris?It doesn’t make sense that Sony would sacrifice one of its biggest money makers just to get Maren more success & awards.Do you have any idea of how record labels really work?It just seems a little presumptuous to me that you think you have an inside track on why Carrie didn’t win that award that Maren won.My guess is that Sony must’ve known that she wasn’t going to be on the label much longer & knew that she was switching to UMG,so they just didn’t promote her as much as they should’ve or promote her singles as much,hence the low budget videos.I just don’t personally think there was anything shady going on at the label like you think there was.If there was,you must know something that the rest of us don’t know about.

Huge Carrie Follower

Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    Maybe she's planning to cover something by Prince? (wink)
    Highly doubt it.I’m guessing that he wasn’t one of the artists she listened to growing up.I just don’t see her covering him seeing as he probably wasn’t an artist that was that influential to her in her musical development growing up.I know you’re probably joking,but the whole Prince thing just seems like a reach to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    Highly doubt it.I’m guessing that wasn’t one of the artists she listened to growing up.I just don’t see her covering him seeing as he probably wasn’t an artist that was that influential to her in her musical development growing up.I know you’re probably joking,but the whole Prince thing just seems like a reach to me.
    You got me!

•