Page 9 of 514 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109509 ... LastLast
Like Tree36041Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Huge Carrie Follower carriethequeen's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I am so bloody bored. It is so quiet. haha Hopefully she will be home from vacation soon. I think she has the DC event this week.
    If you're bored now, just wait until The Fighter peaks at radio... then I'm afraid it will be super boring. At least we have a chart run to watch now, I bet this fall she'll be pretty quiet while working on new music (ie. little to none TV appearances, interviews, etc.). A baby announcement would be super exciting however :) we shall see...

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    I get that, but I wonder with overall album sales falling, if it wouldn't be better to start shortening albums and making them cheaper to move them, and put them out more frequently.
    and I get what you're saying, but I don't think the fall of cd sales has anything to do with the actual price per se just that you can listen for free any time any where.So even if she released and ep people who would stream a cd will still just stream it not buy it.

Either way I'd think they'd (UMG) would want Carrie's first release under them to be a full on cd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    and I get what you're saying, but I don't think the fall of cd sales has anything to do with the actual price per se just that you can listen for free any time any where.So even if she released and ep people who would stream a cd will still just stream it not buy it.

Either way I'd think they'd (UMG) would want Carrie's first release under them to be a full on cd
    True. I definitely think that a full album will be the first release. And I hope some information starts coming, lol.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by abbeyjones18 View Post
    This is Carrie's 1st release with UMG...it's a big deal. It has to be a full album, not an EP, IMO. I'm not against EPs, just not in this instance.
    Abbeyjones,I think that you're the only one who hit the nail on the head with this one!!Carrie isn't any ordinary artist,she's one of the biggest country singers in the world & an EP wouldn't do her justice for her very first album with UMG because that to me,just sells her talent short if she didn't do a full album!!This is a very BIG deal because its new music,a new era & a new label & they would want a full album to start the era off right to really market Carrie in a big way & really show how amazing of an artist & singer she is!!IMO,I just don't think she is an artist that does EPs & does things halfway.Either it's all the way or nothing at all when it comes to Carrie & her albums!!We will be rewarded in time,it will just take awhile,so we will have to patient while Carrie is being creative!!Like I said before,creativity takes time & rushing it will do us & Carrie no good if it's a rushed effort.New music will come,it'll just take some time & we will have to be patient no matter how hard that will be for all of us!!

Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    Kind of like an EP, yeah. But, she'd just release two or three more EPs six or so months apart.

That way she's constantly on the radio and we have new music quickly. I expect a new full album, but it would be different, plus I feel like more people would buy it, as it would definitely be cheaper. Just a thought, doubt it will happen though.

And with the touring, I'm not expecting any music or album until next year anyway. So say she released the first installment in Feb., she could tour a few months in the Spring, take a break over the summer, then release the second installment in Aug. and tour in the Fall. So, that would put the start of touring almost 9 months from now.
    That makes more sense. I'd be down for that! 😍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    adam1995 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I have to agree with Donna that I don't think the price has anything to do with it. It's just, why buy ANY album or EP when you can pay $10 a month to listen to EVERY album and EP that has been released. In fact, I would think that while sales for the first EP might be ok, if she released a second after 6 months, the sales of the second EP would tank. It will be interesting to see what happens with Chris Stapleton in that regard. He had great sales for the first week of Volume 1, so it will be interesting to see if they hold steady for Volume 2 which is supposed to come later this year.

I am fully on board with a single in time for a CMA debut, then a late winter/early spring single, and a late spring album release. I think that would be pretty perfect, especially if we could get 5 singles and some real bonus tracks! By real bonus tracks (aka Target edition), I mean three actual new songs, not just one acoustic cover and one throwaway song that was meant for a prior album era.
    countrymusicfan15 and oldyfan like this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I'm currently listening to CCA. I hope Carrie has more songs like this on the new CD. It's so cool and edgy. We need more harmonica from her. ;-)

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriethequeen View Post
    If you're bored now, just wait until The Fighter peaks at radio... then I'm afraid it will be super boring. At least we have a chart run to watch now, I bet this fall she'll be pretty quiet while working on new music (ie. little to none TV appearances, interviews, etc.). A baby announcement would be super exciting however we shall see...

True things could be much worse. haha Hiockey kept things exciting all spring, and at least we had The Fighter. But this summer will be really dead I think. Hoping we get some news about something in September, including a new single.
    rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars

The cool thing is that Carrie is still selling on par with the biggest Pop Stars out there, excluding Adele and TayTay.

Ie-- Carrie sold on Par with Katy Perry and LAdy Gaga's first week sales, and she beat Rihanna, Meghan Trainer, Ariana Grande (I think), etc- as well as many more big names. Pop stars beat her in streaming obviously, but Carrie still holds her own in terms of physical sales.

Ie- Miranda really dropped hard in sales this era. She is lucky that the cd is a Double disc so she got platinum that way, but in reality her sales are pretty bad.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I don't think that ML's lastest cd is platinum. And seems to me she was a song or two short to count it for a double disc even though there are in fact two cds in the album.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    I don't think that ML's lastest cd is platinum. And seems to me she was a song or two short to count it for a double disc even though there are in fact two cds in the album.
    It has been certified platinum already, because it was counted as a double disc.

Miranda Lambert's 'The Weight of These Wings' Earns Platinum Certification | Sounds Like Nashville

And let's end this conversation here since this thread is about Carrie's new album!
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

I ran across this on YouTube. Anyone know where she did acoustic Chaser ?

Suellen and ethelu like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by lizcarlo View Post
    I ran across this on YouTube. Anyone know where she did acoustic Chaser ?
    March last year on BBC 2's Simon Mayo radio show and BBC 4's Women's Hour - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGQB_sJsMdw

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    I would love more like The Fighter from Carrie. I love the tone and relaxed nature of the way they recorded her voice on it. I think she would get a lot more crossover action with this more relaxed sound.

Insane Carrie Fan
    March last year on BBC 2's Simon Mayo radio show and BBC 4's Women's Hour - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGQB_sJsMdw
    I love the acoustic version. Please, something acoustic on the next album!
    lizcarlo likes this.

Thanks so much. I listened to it several times last night.

Acoustic versions of her songs (Just A Dream, Chaser, Something In The Water, Blown Away for some examples) is so good. I would love original acoustic Carrie song on next cd as well.
    ethelu and maddkat like this.

Concert Stars
    Okay...Let the random speculation begin. : )

Carrie has randomly shared two videos of Paradise City and duets with Steven Tyler. A hint, maybe? Perhaps her first album will be one of classic covers, including rock and pop, and may also have some new material, too? Universal could use a smash update of an internationally-known cover to get her some chart love overseas, while using the new material for country radio in the U.S.

P.S. I don't believe this for a second, but random guessing helps pass the time for new material. : )

Huge Carrie Follower
    At the very least, maybe another collab? A reimagining of Paradise City with Steven? I could dig that.

Concert Stars
    ^ I am here for any rock covers, Collabs, or original songs Carrie wants to record or perform. I am still bummed that she never performed the Aerosmith song LIVE even once. I wanted a video of her with the whole Aerosmith band performing. That would have been epic.

PS--------Carrie just started following Aubrey Sellers from Nashville TV show on twitter. Perhaps she is writing with her etc? I think she writes and records?
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    My dream collab....Probably will never happen. But they do like each other, so that's a start! haha

Merican Life‏ @Merican_Life 10h10 hours ago

Hey @CMT can you bless everyone's ears with a #Crossroads with these two Legends?!?! @carrieunderwood @Adele

txacar, rainbow1, ethelu and 5 others like this.

•  
    Page 9 of 514 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109509 ... LastLast