Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 87 of 211 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 4211
Like Tree14911Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Concert Stars
    OMG it is so exciting that the song is already being played on UK Radio stations! This is amazing! It is going to SLAY!
    They HAVE to do a live performance! What a great song and great start to the new era of global domination! Go Carrie!
    Kizmet311 and txacar like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    OMG it is so exciting that the song is already being played on UK Radio stations! This is amazing! It is going to SLAY!
    They HAVE to do a live performance! What a great song and great start to the new era of global domination! Go Carrie!
    I respect your opinion,Tee,but why do they HAVE to do a live performance of the song?Is that really necessary?If Iím not mistaken,I really donít think that the song was ever meant to be performed live,was it?It was just meant to be played before the Super Bowl & thatís it.Why does it have to be this huge spectacle all of a sudden?Is it really that big of a deal if it isnít performed live?Does Carrieís success in the new era depend on The Champion being a huge success?Global domination,really?Arenít you jumping the gun a bit here,Tee?

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    I respect your opinion,Tee,but why do they HAVE to do a live performance of the song?Is that really necessary?If Iím not mistaken,I really donít think that the song was ever meant to be performed live,was it?It was just meant to be played before the Super Bowl & thatís it.Why does it have to be this huge spectacle all of a sudden?Is it really that big of a deal if it isnít performed live?Does Carrieís success in the new era depend on The Champion being a huge success?Global domination,really?Arenít you jumping the gun a bit here,Tee?
    So you wouldn't like to see this performed live? Seriously, can't you just envision an arena full of fans pumping their fists in the air to this jam? Don't take things so literally. We all know Carrie doesn't literally HAVE to perform this live, we are not going to MAKE her. We just really, really, REALLY, WANT to see it live, lol.
    liz278 likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by maryleepj View Post
    So you wouldn't like to see this performed live? Seriously, can't you just envision an arena full of fans pumping their fists in the air to this jam? Don't take things so literally. We all know Carrie doesn't literally HAVE to perform this live, we are not going to MAKE her. We just really, really, REALLY, WANT to see it live, lol.
    I just donít think itís critical to Carrieís success in the new era if this song isnít performed live.Itíd be great,but I just donít think itís crucial to her success for the new album era to perform the song in a live setting.I just donít personally see the older fans in her fanbase pumping their fists in the air to this song.We may all do that,but I just donít see that part of the fanbase doing that to that song.I may get in trouble for having an opinion like this,but I feel that my opinion here should at least have some value in this discussion. at least.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Hey as one of those older fans most of us still get excited and can pump our fists with the best of people.
    oldyfan, maryleepj, sd20 and 1 others like this.

Well, I am 66, does that count as an "older fan"? And I didn't say anything about it being critical to her success. Of course it's not. Again, WE JUST WANT TO SEE IT! End of story. You need to quit reading things into other people's posts.

Quote Originally Posted by maryleepj View Post
    Well, I am 66, does that count as an "older fan"? And I didn't say anything about it being critical to her success. Of course it's not. Again, WE JUST WANT TO SEE IT! End of story. You need to quit reading things into other people's posts.
    I have a few years on you and I still travel to see several shows each tour and jump up and down pumping my fist like everyone else. I love the live shows and if I had my way she would sing her entire catalog live for me.
    ethelu, maryleepj, sd20 and 3 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I'm older than her too! And, I get real excited. I too travel to see several shows each tour! ��
    txacar, ethelu, maryleepj and 1 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I'm a geezer too and I love this song, rap part and all and would love to see it performed live.
    Carrieslegs84 and brenda218 like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yea me too. I have a wishful thinking that they will perform TC at grammy and light up the stage, but I doubt it will happen since Carrie is not ready to appear in front of public yet. Even so I'm still wishing for it and hope Carrie will be ready by then.
    Hil and brenda218 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    I'd say 99% of us want to see this performed live, lol! I just am doubtful it will be. But hey, maybe Carrie pops up is South Korea to sing it, you never know with her.
    Hil likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ yeah I don't think we'll get a live performance this time around but the songs not going anywhere so maybe in the future
    adam1995, Carrieslegs84 and Hil like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Who wouldn't want to see this song performed lived, you'd be crazy not to want to see everyone (regardless of age) in the air singing along to a bop like this that is so anthemic (yes cheesy, but it serves a great purpose and I love it!)

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    Hey as one of those older fans most of us still get excited and can pump our fists with the best of people.
    OK,OK!!I get it now.I think honestly my parents would love it too and theyíre in their 60s!!I guess I underestimated the power of the older generation!!I guess I can eat some crow after reading all of your comments!!Thank you for definitely proving me wrong!!I meant that last part very sincerely!!
    hjj, maryleepj, ethelu and 1 others like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by yehchern View Post
    Yea me too. I have a wishful thinking that they will perform TC at grammy and light up the stage, but I doubt it will happen since Carrie is not ready to appear in front of public yet. Even so I'm still wishing for it and hope Carrie will be ready by then.
    Not that this matters,but I honestly donít think that NBC would allow that song to be performed on another network,given that the Grammys are on CBS & I donít think that the NBC execs would give permission for that song to be performed on another networks biggest awards show of the year for music.I personally feel that Carrie just will not be mentally,emotionally & physically ready to perform that song live in a public setting knowing the scrutiny sheíll get for how she looks because people will be looking to see what her face really looks like.Its nice to wish for it,but I just donít personally see her being ready in less than 2 or 3 weeks to do a live performance of the song.Iím not trying to be harsh or anything,Iím just trying to look at the reality of it really happening even if she was ready,which she probably isnít given that she hasnít been ready to show her face to the world yet.It is nice to dream about that though.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    Not that this matters,but I honestly donít think that NBC would allow that song to be performed on another network,given that the Grammys are on CBS & I donít think that the NBC execs would give permission for that song to be performed on another networks biggest awards show of the year for music.I personally feel that Carrie just will not be mentally,emotionally & physically ready to perform that song live in a public setting knowing the scrutiny sheíll get for how she looks because people will be looking to see what her face really looks like.Its nice to wish for it,but I just donít personally see her being ready in less than 2 or 3 weeks to do a live performance of the song.Iím not trying to be harsh or anything,Iím just trying to look at the reality of it really happening even if she was ready,which she probably isnít given that she hasnít been ready to show her face to the world yet.It is nice to dream about that though.
    I don't think NBC owns the song ,so they have no say unless Carrie & the other writers signed an exclusive contract for it to only play on NBC.Which I doubt.They're lucky to have it for the SB & Olympics.:-)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Carrieslegs84: Enjoy the day...... Embrace the Champion with open arms.... Let it do what it is intended to do...... It is already slaying on the Itunes chart...... We now know it as a song for the Superbowl and the Winter Olympics, that is awesome......
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    I don't think NBC owns the song ,so they have no say unless Carrie & the other writers signed an exclusive contract for it to only play on NBC.Which I doubt.They're lucky to have it for the SB & Olympics.:-)
    Plus, they (the announcers of the game, I think?) said it would be played for years to come. Many NFL games and other professional sporting events are broadcast on different stations. The Super Bowl rotates, so shouldn't matter what station wants it.
    ethelu and Carrieslegs84 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    Plus, they (the announcers of game, I think?) said it would be played for years to come. Many NFL games and other professional sporting events are broadcast on different stations. The Super Bowl rotates, so shouldn't matter what station wants it.
    ^ Yes. "executive producer Fred Gaudelli told NBC that he asked the American Idol season 4 winner to write a brand new song.ďI think itís going to become a sports anthem,Ē he told Variety. ďItís going to be one of those songs that you see cut to highlights for the next 25 years.Ē

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Can we take the Champion talk to it's thread? Thanks.
    "Thank you for that ĎCaptain Obviousí sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the Ďrightí notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

•