Page 80 of 514 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 10279
Like Tree36073Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

New Carrie Fan
    I just got an unreleased Carrie studio song called "Father's Son" from Music Row with her on lead vocals. Has anyone heard anything about this song?

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveIC View Post
    I just got an unreleased Carrie studio song called "Father's Son" from Music Row with her on lead vocals. Has anyone heard anything about this song?
    I definitely haven't, but you're killing us Steve, lol! You got our hopes up before, and now we're crushed, haha! I'm kidding though. How does this song sound?

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Nope. Just curious..did you ever hear anything else about Paint?? Still excited about that one!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Countryfan2448 View Post
    I hope her breaking her wrist isn't going to push everything to the back burner.
    Why would you be so worried about that?Its not like we have any control over what happens because of the wrist breaking.Not trying to start an argument or anything,Just giving my two cents.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Countryfan2448 View Post
    I hope her breaking her wrist isn't going to push everything to the back burner.
    A little, maybe, but just a temporary setback. I'm still looking forward to a debut single at Grammys or CRS.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    I definitely haven't, but you're killing us Steve, lol! You got our hopes up before, and now we're crushed, haha! I'm kidding though. How does this song sound?
    There are a lot of songs registered with that title! Purely as a guess, the one that seemed to me as a possible is written by Cary Barlowe, Rachel Beauregard, Bryan Dawley. and Barry Dean.

Cary Barlowe co-wrote "Do You Think About Me", and appeared with Carrie on the CMA Songwriters event - so she at least knows him.
    Barry Dean frequently co-writes with Lori McKenna (and I think did on the missing song about the hard working husband, that several of us wished she'd recorded)
    Rachel Beauregard and Bryan Dawley perform as the vocal duo, Native Run. They have appeared as openers at concerts with Sam Hunt, and Lady Antebellum
    https://www.opry.com/artist/native-run

(Please bear in mind - this is only a guess! I haven't heard the song , and it may not be relevant)

[edit] I just remembered, Carrie also knows Barry Dean - she co-wrote "Crazy Dreams" with him - one of my favourites of her early writes!

This one might be about Isaiah and Mike.
    rainbow1 and Carrieslegs84 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ or it might be another religious based song, who knows.

Just waiting on some word from Carrie's camp about anything
    Last edited by maddkat; 12-03-2017 at 09:05 AM.
    rainbow1, teesharky and ethelu like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Are you sure this one and Paint aren't from old albums she s already made? Like she recorded them but didn't make it on the final product

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

New Carrie Fan
    "Father's Son" is about a baby boy and starts out with the lyrics (if I'm hearing them right):

You are smiling with the sunrise, sparkling your blue eyes, sweetest kiss goodnight
    Your heart shines like its golden, it's mine that you're holding, you don't even have to try

Here are the upcoming album releases from other artists:

Upcoming Releases | HITS Daily Double

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post

Just as an aside - the two Elektra releases on that list are from Dave Cobb's Low Country records, which has a distribution deal with the Warner Brothers imprint. Anderson East and Brandi Carlile both previewed some tracks from their upcoming releases at an event a couple of days ago.

If Carrie continues the trend she began on "Storyteller", and crosses the Cumberland River to make part of her album in an East Nashville studio again, I would like her to include some tracks produced by Dave Cobb. His work with Jason Isbell, Chris Stapleton, Sturgill Simpson, Zac Brown, Lori McKenna, Lindi Ortega, Holly Williams and others has won considerable critical acclaim, and is now making headway in the award nominations. (I'm not expecting all of Carrie's work to show that influence, or to go as far in that direction as some of those mentioned - but I do think Carrie would benefit by keeping in touch with that development, in order to hold a middle path between the trends currently getting attention in the genre - something nearer to the ground she explored with Choctaw would be an example)

Concert Stars
    "Father's Son" is about a baby boy and starts out with the lyrics (if I'm hearing them right):

You are smiling with the sunrise, sparkling your blue eyes, sweetest kiss goodnight
    Your heart shines like its golden, it's mine that you're holding, you don't even have to try
    That’s beautiful 💜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Concert Stars

That's beautiful! Absolutely about Isaiah. Wow. I love it!

Concert Stars

It feels like Carrie will never be on that list. haha Kidding. It's just getting really hard to be patient at this point. I think I expected some news by now-- even though I accepted that the album would come out in 2018.

That's so gorgeous.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    A little, maybe, but just a temporary setback. I'm still looking forward to a debut single at Grammys or CRS.
    CRS is not televised though so it would not be much of a debut except to radio. I know she did that once before, and it was a nice thing to do for radio....but at this point she is way too big of a star to confine her big debut of a single to just radio.

I would prefer that she debuts it at the Grammys....as you suggested. However, she wasn't nominated this year so it will come down to whether the Grammys let her debut a song there without a nomination.
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    CRS is not televised though so it would not be much of a debut except to radio. I know she did that once before, and it was a nice thing to do for radio....but at this point she is way too big of a star to confine her big debut of a single to just radio.

I would prefer that she debuts it at the Grammys....as you suggested. However, she wasn't nominated this year so it will come down to whether the Grammys let her debut a song there without a nomination.
    I would prefer Grammys, as well. CRS wasn't televised and we had to wait until the next day for a video of the Good Girl debut. Actually, it might not be a bad idea to wait until after Champion debuts on SB; then everyone can focus solely on the new single.
    rainbow1, rainbow1, Gator and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars

Saw the one for Montgomery Gentry on the list. How hard is THAT gonna be? Very sad

Thinking about it more, Carrie might not include another song about Isaiah on the new album. WIKNIAW was meant to address that and also important, especially because it was her first album after the baby. Even on Storyteller, she was reluctant to put too many "mommy songs" because that's what people expected from her. So she may not put another one on the new one, she might think it to be repetitive. However, a couple of albums down the line (or the next one after this one), she might include another family song to express the developments in life.

•