Page 73 of 515 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 10281
Like Tree36075Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

  1. #1441
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Smokyiiis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hill Country, Texas
    Posts
    6,545
    Concert Stars
    ^^My sentiments too! Trying so darn hard to not get my hopes up.

  • #1442
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,491
    It is seriously laughable to think that anything Carrie Underwood would release would be overshadowed by an album released by KB. LAUGHABLE!!!! Carrie Underwood is the artist that holds the record for the most radio adds -- KB's current single isn't even played by all stations on the panel and its been out for what seems like forever.

    Let me repeat -- Carrie Underwood holds the record for the most station adds for a single. Radio is anxious for a new Carrie single. There's no way, no way, that it would be overshadowed or forgotten.

  • #1443
    Obsessed Carrie Fan

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Murfreesboro,TN
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    Kelsea is absolutely no factor. Her lead single has been around for nearly half a year and has done next to nothing. There is no excitement surrounding her. While, on the other hand, the country music world is anxiously awaiting Carrie's next move. Plus, an album and a single are not going to compete with each other that much.

    Also, you can't say that we are leaving out concrete details about an argument when you are as well. Kelsea is nowhere near the star Carrie is. Period. If those two released lead singles on same day Carrie would slay Kelsea so hard. No one would forget Carrie released a new single. SITW broke radio adds records when it debuted and SB promptly broke those records set by SITW, Kelsea is yet to come close. And let's not start on sales. Point is, you can't say we're leaving out "concrete evidence", when you are leaving out actual facts and figures that contradict your evidence.
    I donít think I would be telling Kelseaís diehard fans that thereís no excitement when all I see on Twitter is her fans literally counting the days until her album comes out.For them,that is exciting & to discount that is literally like a slap in the face to those fans of hers that are uber excited that new music of hers is coming out & are literally planning their days around her release.I highly doubt everyone in the country world is anxiously awaiting her next move when they have way better things to do than plan their days awaiting new music from her.Yes,Kelsea isnít as big of a star as Carrie is,but I know for a fact Carrie is one of Kelseaís biggest musical heroes & for you to even discount her impact means you think that Kelsea will never have any influence on future country singers or any singers for that matter.Of course their sales are vastly different,but a lot of Carrie fans that I follow on Twitter are fans of Kelseaís & think she hung the moon by how great they think she is.I donít care about how Carrie broke records with SITW because I already know that because Iíve been a HUGE Carrie fan for years so please donít tell me something that I already know.Iím so tired of people like you jumping down my throat on here because my statements or evidence isnít correct or that I left out an important piece of information.Nonetheless,star power is irrelevant to me because Carrieís fans are also the same fans that their dollars go to also & therefore have the power to determine which artist their money goes to when they release new music.You must think I was born yesterday if all you can do is insult me because I was giving an opinion that was my own & nobody elseís.Your insults mean nothing to me & they bear no relevance in my own life.Let me give my opinion without you shoving your opinion down my throat because it lacks evidence.I donít need you telling me what my opinions should be & why theyíre wrong.Donít tell me how to feel about this subject.Kelsea may not be as talented as Carrie is,but Carrie has always supported female artists in country music despite being new to the scene or talented as she is,because she feels they all deserve a chance no matter their talent level.Donít ever insult my intelligence again because my opinion doesnít line up with yours!!

  • #1444
    Huge Carrie Follower Momin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by kelanob View Post
    At this point I would be happy if she did CCA. It is looking doubtful that it's a new single. Not that UMG isn't strong enough to be able to push two artists at a time, but I also think with two of their biggest stars, they wouldn't want lead singles clashing. It's possible, but I just don't see it happening any more.
    I wouldn't mind a CCA performance at this point either. But even if she does that, I'm sure she'll do something to get everyone on their feet in the middle of it. Something electric.

  • #1445
    Obsessed Carrie Fan

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Murfreesboro,TN
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    It is seriously laughable to think that anything Carrie Underwood would release would be overshadowed by an album released by KB. LAUGHABLE!!!! Carrie Underwood is the artist that holds the record for the most radio adds -- KB's current single isn't even played by all stations on the panel and its been out for what seems like forever.

    Let me repeat -- Carrie Underwood holds the record for the most station adds for a single. Radio is anxious for a new Carrie single. There's no way, no way, that it would be overshadowed or forgotten.
    Do I look like I care about Carrieís adds on radio when Iíve known that for years?I donít need you insulting my intelligence as well because Iím getting really tired of people insulting my opinion that is my own & nobody elseís!!I highly doubt radio programmers & radio stations are waiting for new Carrie music when they have bigger problems to worry about when sheíll release new music.How presumptuous can you be about that statement?Like I said before to another poster,your opinion bears no meaning to my life & is insignificant in the scheme of things.

  • #1446
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    23,981
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Momin View Post
    I wouldn't mind a CCA performance at this point either. But even if she does that, I'm sure she'll do something to get everyone on their feet in the middle of it. Something electric.
    If she does CCA I hope Travis plays with her.






    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    Do I look like I care about Carrieís adds on radio when Iíve known that for years?I donít need you insulting my intelligence as well because Iím getting really tired of people insulting my opinion that is my own & nobody elseís!!I highly doubt radio programmers & radio stations are waiting for new Carrie music when they have bigger problems to worry about when sheíll release new music.How presumptuous can you be about that statement?Like I said before to another poster,your opinion bears no meaning to my life & is insignificant in the scheme of things.
    No one is insulting your opinion.They are simply stating their own.Just as you did. Please don't take what is posted on here so personal.Everyone has a difference of opinion & the right to express it. Furthermore Daisy did not even address her post to you, just stating what she feels about the idea of KB overshadowing Carrie.If you do care to read someone's opinion by all means put them on your ignore list.


    Ok lets move on everyone from this debate.

    Let's whine some more that we might not be getting new music next week.lol
    I'll start but first let me go get some cheese to go with my whine....

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  • #1447
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    I donít think I would be telling Kelseaís diehard fans that thereís no excitement when all I see on Twitter is her fans literally counting the days until her album comes out.For them,that is exciting & to discount that is literally like a slap in the face to those fans of hers that are uber excited that new music of hers is coming out & are literally planning their days around her release.I highly doubt everyone in the country world is anxiously awaiting her next move when they have way better things to do than plan their days awaiting new music from her.Yes,Kelsea isnít as big of a star as Carrie is,but I know for a fact Carrie is one of Kelseaís biggest musical heroes & for you to even discount her impact means you think that Kelsea will never have any influence on future country singers or any singers for that matter.Of course their sales are vastly different,but a lot of Carrie fans that I follow on Twitter are fans of Kelseaís & think she hung the moon by how great they think she is.I donít care about how Carrie broke records with SITW because I already know that because Iíve been a HUGE Carrie fan for years so please donít tell me something that I already know.Iím so tired of people like you jumping down my throat on here because my statements or evidence isnít correct or that I left out an important piece of information.Nonetheless,star power is irrelevant to me because Carrieís fans are also the same fans that their dollars go to also & therefore have the power to determine which artist their money goes to when they release new music.You must think I was born yesterday if all you can do is insult me because I was giving an opinion that was my own & nobody elseís.Your insults mean nothing to me & they bear no relevance in my own life.Let me give my opinion without you shoving your opinion down my throat because it lacks evidence.I donít need you telling me what my opinions should be & why theyíre wrong.Donít tell me how to feel about this subject.Kelsea may not be as talented as Carrie is,but Carrie has always supported female artists in country music despite being new to the scene or talented as she is,because she feels they all deserve a chance no matter their talent level.Donít ever insult my intelligence again because my opinion doesnít line up with yours!!
    That's cool that all 7 of Kelsea's fans are waiting for her album, that's great. But again, you contradicted yourself, saying nobody is planning their lives around new Carrie music, but also said people are planning their lives around Kelsea's. I'm unsure where you think I'm insulting you, I never did. You can give an opinion and so can I. I can back mine up with facts and that's not an attack on you. The fact is, no matter what you say Kelsea's release would have a very minimal impact on Carrie's. They are in different leagues. Take that as an insult if you want, but it truly isn't.

    I brought up the radio records because it proves my point that radio is ready for new Carrie music, fans are ready, the industry is curious about what she's going to do and when she's coming back. And other artists don't stand much of a chance when she releases a new song to radio. And again, a single and an album are two different things, so IF Carrie released a single on 11/3, Kelsea would, again have little impact since she's releasing an album.

    Sorry everyone for taking this topic off track. I'll try to stay to only talking about the new album. We really need some information, soon, lol!
    MSCarriefan and Josh like this.

  • #1448
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    23,981
    Concert Stars
    again lets move on from the KB talk,if you would like to continue your discussions on the matter take it to pms

    any further posts on the subject will be deleted
    Hil and countrymusicfan15 like this.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  • #1449
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,399
    I'm confused. Someone thinks radio stations aren't waiting for new Carrie music? Do They not realize how excited they get when there's rumors of her releasing something new? Cartrie had to release a single earlier than planned because a DJ got his hands on an unfinished version of her song and played it on the radio. Radio loves when there's new Carrie music. It's good for them and their ratings. It's also why she's always performed at 8:00 or 9:00CT on award shows. The 30 minute segments she sings in are almost always the highest rated point of the show.
    Last edited by stuffy; 10-31-2017 at 06:50 PM.
    MSCarriefan likes this.

  • #1450
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,004
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    again lets move on from the KB talk,if you would like to continue your discussions on the matter take it to pms

    any further posts on the subject will be deleted
    Sorry, you posted while I was typing! That will be the last on that subject from me.

  • #1451
    Insane Carrie Fan liz278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,402
    Concert Stars
    I have to admit, I really wanted new music from Carrie and felt a little depressed last night when I realized we won't be getting it. So, I need a big glass of whine and a lot of cheese to go with it :-)
    maddkat, Hil and Kizmet311 like this.

  • #1452
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    23,981
    Concert Stars
    ^^^ yeah, radio stations are always anxious for new Carrie music. She's one of the top format stars and the top female.Bar none.
    26 #1's , no single charting lower then #3 and that one was #1 for 7 weeks on the HCS chart! Yeah they want new Carrie.
    lolita55, adam1995, liz278 and 5 others like this.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  • #1453
    Ultimate Carrie Fan simonplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Uruguay
    Posts
    6,796
    If she doesn't drop the lead single this Friday I will spend a lot of money in beer... lol
    Hil, liz278, Smokyiiis and 4 others like this.

  • #1454
    Carrie Guru carebearcarrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    16,086
    Concert Stars
    Iím wondering if she may do a unreleased fan favorite Storyteller track. Like Chaser, Relapse or Mexico this time around. Like when she performed I Know you Wonít on the PCAís. I just hope she doesnít perform Clock Donít Stop. Lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    txacar and Carrieslegs84 like this.

  • #1455
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    23,981
    Concert Stars
    Dirt Dance Floor has been removed from BMI
    Last edited by maddkat; 10-31-2017 at 01:19 PM.
    adam1995, DaisyTweets, Ty and 1 others like this.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  • #1456
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,004
    ^Does this normally happen before a release?

  • #1457
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,491
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Dirt Dance Floor has been removed for BMI
    Wow, what do you suppose that means? Has that ever happened before?? I wish I had a crystal ball so I could see into the future like about 8 days!!!

  • #1458
    Carrie Follower Andrea21648's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Dirt Dance Floor has been removed from BMI
    What does that even mean?

    Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

  • #1459
    Obsessed Carrie Fan

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Murfreesboro,TN
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^^^ yeah, radio stations are always anxious for new Carrie music. She's one of the top format stars and the top female.Bar none.
    26 #1's , no single charting lower then #3 and that one was #1 for 7 weeks on the HCS chart! Yeah they want new Carrie.
    I just have a hard time believing that radio stations are literally clamoring for new Carrie music.Are you certain about that or is that just your imagination?Its not like theyíre sitting around waiting for her to drop new music.It just doesnít make sense to me.

  • #1460
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    23,981
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    I just have a hard time believing that radio stations are literally clamoring for new Carrie music.Are you certain about that or is that just your imagination?Its not like theyíre sitting around waiting for her to drop new music.It just doesnít make sense to me.
    I am very certain about that.Ever since JTTW radio has been eager for anything Carrie releases.They jump all over it ,making adds dates irrelevant for Carrie.Radio adores her.


    as for what the removal of DDF means, gotta say I have no idea.Maybe Ty can shed some light.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


  •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 0
      Last Post: 03-07-2017, 02:24 PM
    2. Replies: 15
      Last Post: 12-01-2012, 11:57 PM
    3. Random Carrie Underwood Song featuring some Carrie Underwood Songs
      By PLAYON4CARRIEUNDERWOOD in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 07-08-2012, 06:44 PM
    4. Carrie Underwood and Carrie Underwood Top This Week's Charts
      By countrymama22 in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 06-12-2012, 05:51 PM
    5. Carrie Underwood - Carrie Underwood Bags Best Dressed Title At Acm Awards
      By Carrie Country in forum Carrie Underwood Sightings
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 04-17-2012, 11:03 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •