Page 65 of 515 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 10281
Like Tree36075Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Insane Carrie Fan
    It does seem interesting that she is not really saying anything about music. To me, it seems she has something brewing, whether that comes about in a few weeks or later down the line, who knows, but something is going on behind the scenes.
    Kizmet311, rcramer, ethelu and 4 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    And is it that great, that they know it is going to be a great lead single that they will keep it quiet all the way till that time...... The suspense has definitely got me.....

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I think its great that if she and her team have wanted to keep things quiet, thus far its worked. We know that while Carrie may not like surprises herself, she seems to love surprising her fans. I'm glad that thus far it seems like things are going just the way she wants them. And I sincerely hope no one spoils her surprises till she's ready!!!!

Heck, we've been patient this long what's a little while longer????

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    I think its great that if she and her team have wanted to keep things quiet, thus far its worked. We know that while Carrie may not like surprises herself, she seems to love surprising her fans. I'm glad that thus far it seems things are going just the way she wants them. And I sincerely hope no one spoils her surprises till she's ready!!!!

Heck, we've been patient this long what's a little while longer????
    I may have asked this before,but why all the secrecy now?Was there this much secrecy with her other albums or singles?I know that this is all merely speculation,but I just donít get all of this cloak & dagger stuff sheís doing when all of the other country singers that I know of that are releasing new albums or new music are being open that they have new music coming out while Carrie has said nothing.Not that this matters or anything,but I have to imagine that trying to keep things a secret in Nashville is hard when theyíre probably people just poking & prodding to get any tidbits of information out about anything.ANYTHING.I just donít get why the person who says she hates surprises is trying to do that now.Iím just not good with surprises sometimes.I guess thatís why Iím asking these questions.Iím not trying to put a damper on anything,just my own curiosity running wild.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    I may have asked this before,but why all the secrecy now?Was there this much secrecy with her other albums or singles?I know that this is all merely speculation,but I just donít get all of this cloak & dagger stuff sheís doing when all of the other country singers that I know of that are releasing new albums or new music are being open that they have new music coming out while Carrie has said nothing.Not that this matters or anything,but I have to imagine that trying to keep things a secret in Nashville is hard when theyíre probably people just poking & prodding to get any tidbits of information out about anything.ANYTHING.I just donít get why the person who says she hates surprises is trying to do that now.Iím just not good with surprises sometimes.I guess thatís why Iím asking these questions.Iím not trying to put a damper on anything,just my own curiosity running wild.
    Again there's no cloak and dagger going on ;she's just not talking about it.
    maybe all our speculation is miles off base so there's nothing for her to talk about but either way her call.

She's never talked a lot about upcoming cds, just little things like she was in studio or a writing sessions went well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reba McEntire, Kelsea Ballerini to Duet at 2017 CMA Awards - Rolling Stone

I don't think I'm reading too much into this but I just found it slightly odd how they mention Carrie in this article:

Previously announced performers on the 51st annual awards show include reigning Entertainer of the Year Garth Brooks, Luke Bryan, Eric Church, Miranda Lambert, Chris Stapleton and newly inducted Country Music Hall of Fame member Alan Jackson. Brothers Osborne, Little Big Town, Old Dominion, Jon Pardi, Thomas Rhett and Paisley's co-host, Carrie Underwood, will also perform.

Usually they simply name her amongst the list of performers or even say something like "co-hosts Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood are going to perform". The way they've said it is very specific like they're emphasizing it. I read something similar in another article too. Maybe insiders know she's up to something?

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Momin View Post
    Reba McEntire, Kelsea Ballerini to Duet at 2017 CMA Awards - Rolling Stone

I don't think I'm reading too much into this but I just found it slightly odd how they mention Carrie in this article:

Previously announced performers on the 51st annual awards show include reigning Entertainer of the Year Garth Brooks, Luke Bryan, Eric Church, Miranda Lambert, Chris Stapleton and newly inducted Country Music Hall of Fame member Alan Jackson. Brothers Osborne, Little Big Town, Old Dominion, Jon Pardi, Thomas Rhett and Paisley's co-host, Carrie Underwood, will also perform.

Usually they simply name her amongst the list of performers or even say something like "co-hosts Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood are going to perform". The way they've said it is very specific like they're emphasizing it. I read something similar in another article too. Maybe insiders know she's up to something?
    I don't think it's anything to look into too deeply, they mentioned all the other performers and used Brad to segue into mentioning Carrie. It didn't seem too odd.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    It does seem interesting that she is not really saying anything about music. To me, it seems she has something brewing, whether that comes about in a few weeks or later down the line, who knows, but something is going on behind the scenes.
    Yes agree. I think it is intentional too. I think they are going about this era in a different way in that they are not giving us any info at all to build the suspense. Tons of other artists are doing that too.

I definitely feel like something is brewing too....and soon., (crosses fingers)
    ethelu, rainbow1, adam1995 and 1 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Yes agree. I think it is intentional too. I think they are going about this era in a different way in that they are not giving us any info at all to build the suspense. Tons of other artists are doing that too.

I definitely feel like something is brewing too....and soon., (crosses fingers)
    Who else is doing that?It seems like most of the country artists that I know of are being really open about new music & how hard theyíve worked on it (Kelsea B.,Luke Bryan to name two that I know of).To me,it just seems like an odd marketing tactic to use at this stage in her career.Iím personally guessing that along with a new label came a new marketing team & new direction on how to market herself.I just donít know why Carrie is keeping so much info close to her vest this time around.Is her new marketing team behind all of this?Wouldnít Carrie have at least some say in how certain aspects of this era would go for her this time around?I have such a curious nature & this secrecy is killing me!!

Concert Stars
    ^The only difference I see this time is the lack of registered song titles. Carrie never says much except that she's writing, and I don't recall having more than a week notice before her first single drops.

Insane Carrie Fan
    This is the perfect stage in her career to be secretive like this. She's one of the biggest country artists on the planet and everyone is waiting for her next move, so suspense is a great way to build interest. Plus, she always stays in the spotlight, even when she in a down period, so people are definitely still interested, probably more now than ever because of a new label.

Plenty of artists keep a lot of info about their albums quiet, like Beyonce and Adele doesn't give many (if any) interviews about albums beforehand. And there are quite a few albums that drop secretly, so if that is what Carrie's team is doing they are not alone.
    kelanob, Kizmet311, ethelu and 3 others like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    I think we also need to consider that whatever this Paint song is, that it may not be part of a full length album. I remember how excited we all were when the suspense was building before Something in the Water came out and the slight disappointment a lot felt when it was revealed to be part of her greatest hits album. This could be something outside of releasing a new album
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I don't remember that people were disappointed. We need to remember that she was blessed to get pregnant and as a result of that plans changed. Things got adjusted and rather than release the Storyteller album we got the Greatest Hits instead. I believe that SITW would've been apart of the Storyteller album. The decision was made to package a couple of new songs -- new hits -- with the Greatest Hits album.

oldyfan likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ I recall a lot of people were disappointed.Not with SITW itself, but we thought we were getting a new cd.We got a GH.Not quite the same.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    This is the perfect stage in her career to be secretive like this. She's one of the biggest country artists on the planet and everyone is waiting for her next move, so suspense is a great way to build interest. Plus, she always stays in the spotlight, even when she in a down period, so people are definitely still interested, probably more now than ever because of a new label.

Plenty of artists keep a lot of info about their albums quiet, like Beyonce and Adele doesn't give many (if any) interviews about albums beforehand. And there are quite a few albums that drop secretly, so if that is what Carrie's team is doing they are not alone.
    But why be secretive now?I just have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that of all times,she chooses now to be what I call ďCIA levelĒ secrecy stuff.Outside of country music,I really donít think a lot of people know who Carrie is or donít care to know because not everyone that I know listens to country music.I know that this next statement is probably merely speculation,but not everyone is waiting for her next move like we think they are,because there are some people who simply donít like country music,think that Carrie isnít really a ďcountry singerĒ or they just donít like her for some strange reason or another.We have to remember that there is a whole other world outside of country music that despises it & wonít listen to it no matter how much we try,itís just not going to happen.Yes,Carrie is very deserving of the hype she gets and we all know that,but you just canít make people like her no matter how much we want it to happen.I just donít want anyone to be under the illusion that ďeveryoneĒ is waiting for her next musical move,when they really might not be.I personally just donít see Carrie dropping an album with no warning unless that is something she decided to do differently this time around.

Concert Stars
    ^^Because she wants to do something different! Why do things the same all the time? We aren't saying album, we are saying single. We already have heard that they are planning on a Q1 release of a new album (at least that is the plan according to the label). So why not release a single now so that when the album does come, she could be on single 2.
    rainbow1, Kizmet311 and teesharky like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    But why be secretive now?I just have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that of all times,she chooses now to be what I call ďCIA levelĒ secrecy stuff.Outside of country music,I really donít think a lot of people know who Carrie is or donít care to know because not everyone that I know listens to country music.I know that this next statement is probably merely speculation,but not everyone is waiting for her next move like we think they are,because there are some people who simply donít like country music,think that Carrie isnít really a ďcountry singerĒ or they just donít like her for some strange reason or another.We have to remember that there is a whole other world outside of country music that despises it & wonít listen to it no matter how much we try,itís just not going to happen.Yes,Carrie is very deserving of the hype she gets and we all know that,but you just canít make people like her no matter how much we want it to happen.I just donít want anyone to be under the illusion that ďeveryoneĒ is waiting for her next musical move,when they really might not be.I personally just donít see Carrie dropping an album with no warning unless that is something she decided to do differently this time around.
    I think it makes sense to be secretive this time around. She is with an entirely new label, it's a fresh start, and the press release from Capitol when she signed stated some amazing reasons why they wanted Carrie. That alone upped the intrigue factor of the country music community. Plus, new Carrie music is always being clamored for by radio and fans, so add the intrigue to the previous. Keep people guessing and wanting more so the impact is large when it finally drops.

I truly don't believe Carrie is not well known outside of country, she won American Idol, which obviously aired across the country and to all different musical fan bases. She might not be on the level of Beyonce or Adele, as I previously mentioned them, or Taylor in recognition around the world, but in the US, her name holds a lot of weight. She even won the all genre, fan-voted artist of the year from the AMAs in 2007. She's been tapped for tributes for Michael Jackson, Frank Sinatra, duetted with Tony Bennett and Aerosmith, she has fans everywhere. Even on this board there are non-country fans that only listen to Carrie, that's their only country consumption. She's very well known in music.

Side note: When I said everyone, I meant fans and the country community mostly. And there are definitely people in all branches of music that will want to see what she does, maybe even plan album release dates around her. I know not every soul on this earth is watching every move she makes.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    It's gonna be a long two weeks around here, lol.
    "Thank you for that ĎCaptain Obviousí sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the Ďrightí notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    It's gonna be a long two weeks around here, lol.
    Yes, for some it seems like this is a very, very true statement.

countrymusicfan15 and liz278 like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    I disagree. I don't think SITW would have fit in with Storyteller. I think she wrote the song and realized how special it was, that it needed to be released in its own right.

•