Page 63 of 514 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 10279
Like Tree36073Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    I think if Carrie doesn't want anything to come out it won't. I think she has the respect of those covering the rehearsals and stuff that if she asked for nothing to slip out they'd respect her wishes.

But why all of the secrecy this time around?There wasn't this much secrecy with her other albums was there?I just don't get all of this cloak and dagger stuff she's doing.It just doesn't seem like her.Of course, since she's on a new record label things could've changed in that aspect and she wants to surprise us all with new music.Was there this much secrecy with the rehearsals for the CMAs last year?This is like CIA level secrecy where information goes in, but it doesn't leak out for fear of too much information getting out.I thought that we all know she hates surprises and all of a sudden she likes them?Why such a high level of secrecy?Every country music singer that I know of is either in the process of working on new music or have new music coming out in the next few weeks or months and have been pretty open about new music coming or in the process of coming out soon.To me, it just seems weird with all of these artists that I know of coming out with or releasing new music, they've been really open about it.I just have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact she's being so secretive this time around.It just seems strange to me.I know that this is all speculation, but we at least have to know something sooner or later about what she's doing at the CMAs.In the past it seems like she's been so open about things and for her to go dark this time around must mean something new is on the horizon if she was going to perform something new at the CMAs.Sorry for my rambling.I'm a naturally curious person,so all of this secrecy is driving me crazy!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^I don't see any cloak and dagger.She's just not talking about it.Her prerogative.
    Maybe she just wants to surprise us.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    Since when is she a performer at the Superbowl? "The Champion" isn't going to be performed live is it? If so, I missed some huge information.

My thoughts are are that she is not performing at the Superbowl, live in any capacity, but has a pre-taped inclusion with "The Champion".

Anyway, hoping some more album information starts to come out, since we'll be only 2 weeks from the CMAs, and hopefully a debut performance of the lead single.
    This is what I was referring to as being tight lipped, nothing about the superbowl....... LOL

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by PRGuy79 View Post
    I like Justin and think he will do a nice job with the half-time show. And we already know that Carrie will have a significant presence at the game with the debut of The Champion. I've also wished for Carrie to do a high-profile crossover duet with a mainstream artist like Justin. Wouldn't that be cool if they had a collaboration on her new album, too? That would bring everything full-circle nicely. Fun to speculate!
    I would love that! Having a high-profile crossover duet would really make this era have a bang.
    txacar and PRGuy79 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^I don't see any cloak and dagger.She's just not talking about it.Her prerogative.
    Maybe she just wants to surprise us.
    Agree. Perhaps I'm becoming senile, but I don't recall Carrie talking much about her new albums until a few weeks before release. Throughout the process we were able to see new titles registered, or she would say she had a writing session, but I don't recall much from Carrie other than answering a fan's question with the now famous "soon."

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    As long as she does not say more twangy. I think some people was turned off by that and did not give ST a chance.
    txacar and rainbow1 like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    I think if Carrie would give us that famous "soon" it would probably make a lot of people on here feel less tense lol

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by rcramer View Post
    This is what I was referring to as being tight lipped, nothing about the superbowl....... LOL
    Oh, okay. Because the last I don't even know how many posts before yours were about the Super bowl, I thought it was just continuing. Well, sorry about the miscommunication. Yes, hope the silence from her is all a distraction for us, and she comes back hitting hard.
    oldyfan and txacar like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    As long as she does not say more twangy. I think some people was turned off by that and did not give ST a chance.
    I honestly don’t think it’s her twang,from the comments that I’ve read on Facebook,that people think that she screams instead of sings & isn’t country enough for country music & is more pop than country.No matter how hard she tries,there will just be some people who don’t enjoy listening or hearing her music or her singing.If Carrie loses her twang,she loses one of the most essential parts of her personality that shapes her as an artist & a singer.She shouldn’t have to sacrifice her twang just to sell more records & gain more fans that might not end up being true & loyal fans of hers in the long run.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    You know you are desperate for clues about the new album when you are reading WAY too much into Carrie's hairstylist's Insta-story, lol. Melissa was painting today and all I could think was - is she giving us hints that Carrie's new song is Paint, haha.

(Melissa shares her life almost daily on Instagram, so I think it means nothing because she has shared her paintings on there before.)
    oldyfan, txacar, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    There has always been secrecy with Carries albums.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    I was just stating my opinion on this!!I didn’t mean to start an argument,just stating my opinion from my point of view!!By now most of you know that almost everything in my life revolves around Carrie:schoolwork,my exercise sessions,talks with my parents,magazine articles & social media,the list is too numerous for me to continue here,but you get my drift.I will always support Carrie regardless of anyone she chooses to sing with in a different genre.I’ve listened to her sing songs in almost every genre there is & it’s true what you said:she can truly sing with anyone no matter the genre of music!!My opinion was just that:an opinion.I had no idea it would blow up into what it did!!Everyone in my life knows about my love & pure obsession with Carrie & all related things to her!!They tease me about it every chance they get!!I’m sorry if my opinion came out differently than intended,but it was just my opinion at the time,which I stand by.Just wanted to say what was going through my head at the time.
    I wasn't upset with you at all-- no worries. I was just annoyed with the NFL for passing up Carrie again. I think Carrie can sing with anyone. If I am mad at anyone- it's the NFL for not seeing what a HUGE star Carrie is, and blowing off country music again.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Concert Stars
    PS= some fans asked Billy Dukes about the new Luke Bryan duet on his album, and it's on a song called Hungover in a Hotel Room. Billy said it was NOT Carrie sadly. Watch it's Miranda or Marin Morris. Bummer. I really wanted something to look forward to- anything. lol

So no Super Bowl and no Luke duet. Our speculation is off the mark again. lol Hopefully the New single for the CMAS speculation is going to pan out or I will be sad. But at least we have the Storyteller Tour Digital concert to look forward to soon.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    I honestly don’t think it’s her twang,from the comments that I’ve read on Facebook,that people think that she screams instead of sings & isn’t country enough for country music & is more pop than country.No matter how hard she tries,there will just be some people who don’t enjoy listening or hearing her music or her singing.If Carrie loses her twang,she loses one of the most essential parts of her personality that shapes her as an artist & a singer.She shouldn’t have to sacrifice her twang just to sell more records & gain more fans that might not end up being true & loyal fans of hers in the long run.
    Carrie did mention more "twang" when talking about Storyteller, but it was in the context of "twang rock, or "rock twang" (I can't recall which way round she put it). What most Country fans understand by "twang" is to do with the music, not with the person's intonation or accent, and I'm sure that's what she meant. Storyteller did contain more twang - the intro to Church Bells is a good example. The greater emphasis on the musical elements probably owes a lot to working with Jay Joyce (who has also produced in recent years, for example, Emmylou's Hard Bargain, Patty Griffin's Silver Bell, Eric Church's The Outsiders', & Brandy Clark's Big Day In A Small Town) - and to Carrie's stated policy of getting the other producers to listen to the sound she wanted, to achieve more cohesion overall. I think it was a sensible decision - it strikes me as a more mature, and more interestingly developed sound than the heavy "power" production that characterized some of her earlier work (though Carrie remained true to her power delivery on some of the Storyteller songs, making it still a varied, and identifiably "Carrie" album.)

It's worth pointing out that more "twang" does not necessarily mean more emphasis on "traditional" Country (which Carrie can perform, but which seldom forms a large part of her albums). Progressive, modern Country puts considerable emphasis on instrumental twang, and I think Carrie is wise to acknowledge that development - avoiding it would risk beginning to seem rather dated. One point that I found interesting in this context is that some of the more Pop-leaning fans particularly liked "Chaser" - which actually puts significant emphasis on "twang" in the backing and instrumental passages. It shows that one of the main developments in Storyteller was to do with giving the musical elements more variety and independent emphasis, rather than in tying Carrie to particular styles.

I agree with what you say about the reasons some people don't share the fan appreciation of Carrie's work in general - and that it is sensible to recognize that no artist can ever expect to get universal acclamation. As you say, sacrificing your vision or character in the hope of winning over this or that group is always likely to be problematic, and probably give less satisfying outcomes than following your muse.

Concert Stars
    I understand what you said above, but as far as she pronounces words, I love her natural twang....rather than the "put on" twang. Jennifer Nettles does the "put on" sometimes quite often. Then she sings the next song in her normal twang. It just seems overly done to me.
    hjj and liz278 like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    I think it'd be a good choice if "Paint", assuming it's more religious/inspirational, to be released now after the events in Vegas and the hurricanes ripping through the area. If "Dirt Dance Floor" will be a single, it should be released maybe in spring/summer so it would fit the feeling of the release. I felt like "Heartbeat" could have done well better in the late summer, maybe switch release dates with DL, but once again that's just my opinion.

Also, it'd be pretty odd, but great if Justin Timberlake and Carrie did something for the Superbowl. I don't think there's any worry of a wardrobe malfunction this time with Carrie though haha

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    If what Steve mentioned on the Pulse board is at all representative of the song as a whole, it appears to use a new paint job as a metaphor for someone dealing with heartache - so on that basis I'd be expecting a broken relationship song, rather than one that's particularly religious in theme.
    The only suggestion I've seen of a possible religious connection is the stained glass windows in the studio - but I wouldn't read too much into that. It's a building that once was a church - as indeed was the Ryman , and other places converted into music venues, because of their size and acoustic qualities. But it's long been a secular recording studio, and is used for all sorts of songs.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    If what Steve mentioned on the Pulse board is at all representative of the song as a whole, it appears to use a new paint job as a metaphor for someone dealing with heartache - so on that basis I'd be expecting a broken relationship song, rather than one that's particularly religious in theme.
    The only suggestion I've seen of a possible religious connection is the stained glass windows in the studio - but I wouldn't read too much into that. It's a building that once was a church - as indeed was the Ryman , and other places converted into music venues, because of their size and acoustic qualities. But it's long been a secular recording studio, and is used for all sorts of songs.
    See, I don't think that the lyrics suggest a romantic relationship at all. I took it as more of the person (or maybe her soul) being broken and her wanting to be brand new would fit right in with a Christian, born again theme. It does mention "heart all cracked up", but again, it doesn't have to be about a romantic relationship. I could be completely wrong, but those lyrics didn't scream breakup song to me. I'm not as "religious" about it now (pun intended), but I used to be very active in church and one of my favorite books was the "Ragamuffin Gospel". I could see a song with lyrics like we were given for Paint dealing with something like that.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Huge Carrie Follower carriethequeen's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    See, I don't think that the lyrics suggest a romantic relationship at all. I took it as more of the person (or maybe her soul) being broken and her wanting to be brand new would fit right in with a Christian, born again theme. It does mention "heart all cracked up", but again, it doesn't have to be about a romantic relationship. I could be completely wrong, but those lyrics didn't scream breakup song to me. I'm not as "religious" about it now (pun intended), but I used to be very active in church and one of my favorite books was the "Ragamuffin Gospel". I could see a song with lyrics like we were given for Paint dealing with something like that.
    I got faith-based vibes too. Which I REALLY hope it is because like someone mentioned above, the world could need an uplifting faith song right now, plus Carrie just always shines on these songs. Look at JTTW and SITW- both were #1 for multiple weeks and won Grammys. These songs just stand out on radio and really connect with country music fans

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriethequeen View Post
    I got faith-based vibes too. Which I REALLY hope it is because like someone mentioned above, the world could need an uplifting faith song right now, plus Carrie just always shines on these songs. Look at JTTW and SITW- both were #1 for multiple weeks and won Grammys. These songs just stand out on radio and really connect with country music fans
    There's no denying that no country artist does faith in songs better than Carrie. SITW was a much bigger hit than anything on ST (don't get me wrong, I love ST, it's my favorite album). She just excels at those kind of songs, because you know that she is 100% relating to the lyrics.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

•