Page 62 of 515 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 10281
Like Tree36075Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Concert Stars
    Ok so much for our Super Bowl theory. haha Oh well. I love JT so this is fine. But the NFL needs to let a country artist do the halftime show at some point. It is ridiculous how much they snub country acts.

Hey @NFL- It’s Official! @jtimberlake has confirmed he’ll be headlining #PepsiHalftime of #SBLII!

SNF on NBC added,

Concert Stars
    PS- re: The SuperBowl, our only hope is that Carrie might perform The Champion live somehow as a special guest of JT at halftime....or-- that the NFL shows The Champion leading right into the game where everyone can see it-- not a pregame thing that no one watches.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Ok so much for our Super Bowl theory. haha Oh well. I love JT so this is fine. But the NFL needs to let a country artist do the halftime show at some point. It is ridiculous how much they snub country acts.

Hey @NFL- Itís Official! @jtimberlake has confirmed heíll be headlining #PepsiHalftime of #SBLII!

SNF on NBC added,
    Iím not trying to be a downer here,but them letting a country artist ever do the halftime show at the Super Bowl is like trying to get my dad to go to his primary care doctor:itís just not going to happen unless they feel that thereís an act or a singer that fits the bill & wonít polarize families watching it with their kids & that the country artist has enough hits to fill that time period & keep peopleís interest.Iím basically saying that itís just not going to happen as easily as we would think it should happen.Thereís just no easy way to get the organizers of such a huge event like the Super Bowl on the same page regarding a country artist that would keep peopleís interest & they wouldnít polarize the viewers that may not like country music at all or just hate it.I want that to happen,but I just donít see that happening anytime in the near future.

Concert Stars
    ^ Shania Twain was a performer at the SuperBowl halftime show- though not the main headliner. She was one of several guests. They could easily do that with Carrie too or another country star like Kenny or Keith. They could have a country singer share the stage at halftime with a big pop artist to make everyone happy- country fans and pop fans.

You forget how popular Country music is in America. Big country artists sell out stadiums and Carrie/others sell more albums than many pop stars. Surely they can at least let Carrie be a special guest.

So my theory is that The Champion could debut still at the Super Bowl, but obviously not with Carrie being the main headliner since Justin is. But Carrie could sing with him and be a special guest. Just a thought. It would work so well IMO. Carrie loves JT and went to his show. She said she would love to sing with him.
    rainbow1 likes this.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    So my theory is that The Champion could debut still at the Super Bowl, but obviously not with Carrie being the main headliner since Justin is. But Carrie could sing with him and be a special guest. Just a thought. It would work so well IMO. Carrie loves JT and went to his show. She said she would love to sing with him.
    Anything is possible but I wouldnít count on it. The earlier publicity indicated that The Champion would be a pre taped video opening. She could be a guest during half time but if that were to happen I wold think it would be one of her big hits.
    Carrieslegs84 and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

PS- re: The SuperBowl, our only hope is that Carrie might perform The Champion live somehow as a special guest of JT at halftime....or-- that the NFL shows The Champion leading right into the game where everyone can see it-- not a pregame thing that no one watches.
    I get that that what youíre saying is just purely speculation,Tee,but I just donít see Carrie doing that because her style of music & Justinís style of music just donít mesh that well together.I personally think that their music genres are too far apart for Carrie to appear during Justinís set.It could happen,but for me,itís just too much of a long shot for that to even happen unless she felt that she could somehow mesh their musical stylings together & make it work.Theyíre too far apart musically to really make any sense of that happening.I just donít feel that one working out too well.I know that this is merely speculation at this point,but unless this is something that Carrie herself wants to happen,I just donít see that kind of a feature happening.A lot of finagling would have to happen if that was even a possibility.I do hope The Champion does get shown where a maximum amount of people would see it & not just a pregame show that people might not watch anyways.Just my two cents on this whole topic,not trying to start any arguments here.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    Anything is possible but I wouldnít count on it. The earlier publicity indicated that The Champion would be a pre taped video opening. She could be a guest during half time but if that were to happen I would think it would be one of her big hits.
    True,and it would have to be a song of hers that people know & wonít be turned off by.That would the only easy way to make that even a distinct possibility of happening.Otherwise,I just donít see it happening.

Concert Stars
    I like Justin and think he will do a nice job with the half-time show. And we already know that Carrie will have a significant presence at the game with the debut of The Champion. I've also wished for Carrie to do a high-profile crossover duet with a mainstream artist like Justin. Wouldn't that be cool if they had a collaboration on her new album, too? That would bring everything full-circle nicely. Fun to speculate!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    I get that that what youíre saying is just purely speculation,Tee,but I just donít see Carrie doing that because her style of music & Justinís style of music just donít mesh that well together.I personally think that their music genres are too far apart for Carrie to appear during Justinís set.It could happen,but for me,itís just too much of a long shot for that to even happen unless she felt that she could somehow mesh their musical stylings together & make it work.Theyíre too far apart musically to really make any sense of that happening.I just donít feel that one working out too well.I know that this is merely speculation at this point,but unless this is something that Carrie herself wants to happen,I just donít see that kind of a feature happening.A lot of finagling would have to happen if that was even a possibility.I do hope The Champion does get shown where a maximum amount of people would see it & not just a pregame show that people might not watch anyways.Just my two cents on this whole topic,not trying to start any arguments here.
    Carrie is the caliber of artist that can duet with anyone. Period. If you remember back to her American Idol days, she went from singing Heart's "Alone" to "Sin Wagon" from the Dixie Chicks to "MacArthur Park" - a Broadway standard. She sang them all convincingly. Carrie is just that good. I think she would sound amazing with Justin and I think a high-profile mainstream duet would remind everyone of that - especially on an international/global stage, where UMG seems to be trying to make progress.
    txacar, liz278, rainbow1 and 3 others like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ Agree. Carrie could totally sing with anyone and sound great. Heck she even did a beautiful job on that Frank Sinatra song. And Aerosmith hired her to do a duet with them on her last album. So I will never accept that she cannot sing with someone just because they are in a different genre of music. She can sing with anyone.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

^ Agree. Carrie could totally sing with anyone and sound great. Heck she even did a beautiful job on that Frank Sinatra song. And Aerosmith hired her to do a duet with them on her last album. So I will never accept that she cannot sing with someone just because they are in a different genre of music. She can sing with anyone.
    I was just stating my opinion on this!!I didnít mean to start an argument,just stating my opinion from my point of view!!By now most of you know that almost everything in my life revolves around Carrie:schoolwork,my exercise sessions,talks with my parents,magazine articles & social media,the list is too numerous for me to continue here,but you get my drift.I will always support Carrie regardless of anyone she chooses to sing with in a different genre.Iíve listened to her sing songs in almost every genre there is & itís true what you said:she can truly sing with anyone no matter the genre of music!!My opinion was just that:an opinion.I had no idea it would blow up into what it did!!Everyone in my life knows about my love & pure obsession with Carrie & all related things to her!!They tease me about it every chance they get!!Iím sorry if my opinion came out differently than intended,but it was just my opinion at the time,which I stand by.Just wanted to say what was going through my head at the time.

Concert Stars
    ^^^^^i don’t think anyone was smashing your opinion at all. Everyone is entitled to state theirs on this site. Take a few deep breaths next time you think someone is raining on your parade. It really does help!
    Claire2004, liz278, txacar and 5 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by PRGuy79 View Post
    Carrie is the caliber of artist that can duet with anyone. Period. If you remember back to her American Idol days, she went from singing Heart's "Alone" to "Sin Wagon" from the Dixie Chicks to "MacArthur Park" - a Broadway standard. She sang them all convincingly. Carrie is just that good. I think she would sound amazing with Justin and I think a high-profile mainstream duet would remind everyone of that - especially on an international/global stage, where UMG seems to be trying to make progress.

Um, no....MacArthur Park was not written for nor was it ever performed in a Broadway Musical. It's just one of the, if not the worst songs ever written. It is basically a loss of love song written by a guy that sees the love of his life marry someone else.
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    Um, no....MacArthur Park was not written for nor was it ever performed in a Broadway Musical. It's just one of the, if not the worst songs ever written. It is basically a loss of love song written by a guy that sees the love of his life marry someone else.
    Um, okay...My point is that the song is a stark contrast from the other examples and she sang it well.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    I was just stating my opinion on this!!I didnít mean to start an argument,just stating my opinion from my point of view!!By now most of you know that almost everything in my life revolves around Carrie:schoolwork,my exercise sessions,talks with my parents,magazine articles & social media,the list is too numerous for me to continue here,but you get my drift.I will always support Carrie regardless of anyone she chooses to sing with in a different genre.Iíve listened to her sing songs in almost every genre there is & itís true what you said:she can truly sing with anyone no matter the genre of music!!My opinion was just that:an opinion.I had no idea it would blow up into what it did!!Everyone in my life knows about my love & pure obsession with Carrie & all related things to her!!They tease me about it every chance they get!!Iím sorry if my opinion came out differently than intended,but it was just my opinion at the time,which I stand by.Just wanted to say what was going through my head at the time.
    No argument here. Just sharing my opinion.

Insane Carrie Fan
    I thought there was more news or theories on the album....not the Superbowl.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    ^^^ they are certainly keeping it tight lipped...... it has to come out, especially since she is a performer....

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by rcramer View Post
    ^^^ they are certainly keeping it tight lipped...... it has to come out, especially since she is a performer....
    Since when is she a performer at the Superbowl? "The Champion" isn't going to be performed live is it? If so, I missed some huge information.

My thoughts are are that she is not performing at the Superbowl, live in any capacity, but has a pre-taped inclusion with "The Champion".

Anyway, hoping some more album information starts to come out, since we'll be only 2 weeks from the CMAs, and hopefully a debut performance of the lead single.

Concert Stars
    I really want to know if she is performing a new song on the CMAs. That is all I care about right now :-)

I see by her Instagram post that they are meeting today - and I want some news! :-)
    MSCarriefan and rainbow1 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by rcramer View Post
    I think if Carrie doesn't want anything to come out it won't. I think she has the respect of those covering the rehearsals and stuff that if she asked for nothing to slip out they'd respect her wishes.

•