Page 59 of 515 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 10281
Like Tree36075Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Maybe she's halfway done w/ the album and still looking for the right songs.

Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    that's the same pitch as before isn't it?

maybe she'll follow trend and release 2 singles before the cd drops in May of 2018 ( thats just a made up date btw)
    Yes is the same but the deadline change I think.. and this wasn't there a few days ago, they put it again.

Ty
    I can't tell if this person has an actual source or if they're just parroting info that's been out, but I figured I'd share anyway. This was posted at Pulse in the Upcoming Singles thread

Someone told me her new single is called "Paint", and she is filming music video for it this week. I do think she will debut it on the CMA's.

Concert Stars
    ^^I really really hope what they said is true! I also hate to get my hopes up and have them dashed, but I am getting my hopes up that she will be performing new music at the CMAs!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyjones18 View Post
    Maybe she's halfway done w/ the album and still looking for the right songs.
    If I had to guess, I would guess that she is probably more than halfway finished and is looking for those last few songs (think Relapse, CDS, and Mexico) to round out the album. I would assume that she has several co-writes that she has selected, as well as songs from her favorite writers (think CB, LINLYA, & DL), and we can assume/hope that one song (think CCA & BA) that she could have co-written or could have come from someone else that helped set the mood/theme/inspiration or that the rest of the album was built around. I am hoping that if she had that one song that gave her inspiration for the whole album that it is released as a single this time. BA was her inspiration and was obviously a killer song and successful single. CCA was her inspiration/muse for ST and it never got the showcase that it deserved. I wonder if Carrie would like to have released it as a single, but Sony didn't support it.
    "Thank you for that ĎCaptain Obviousí sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the Ďrightí notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    If I had to guess, I would guess that she is probably more than halfway finished and is looking for those last few songs (think Relapse, CDS, and Mexico) to round out the album. I would assume that she has several co-writes that she has selected, as well as songs from her favorite writers (think CB, LINLYA, & DL), and we can assume/hope that one song (think CCA & BA) that she could have co-written or could have come from someone else that helped set the mood/theme/inspiration or that the rest of the album was built around. I am hoping that if she had that one song that gave her inspiration for the whole album that it is released as a single this time. BA was her inspiration and was obviously a killer song and successful single. CCA was her inspiration/muse for ST and it never got the showcase that it deserved. I wonder if Carrie would like to have released it as a single, but Sony didn't support it.
    Sony said there would be 5, perhaps even 6 singles. I'm confident CCA would have been released had they not been in contract negotiations, especially since it continued to grow in popularity by leaps and bounds as the tour wound down and would have been a huge hit for them.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    it's a former church,now a recording studio

Ty posted this pic the other day
    There's some beautiful "Paint" on those windows.......just an observation
    txacar, adam1995, oldyfan and 1 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    I can't tell if this person has an actual source or if they're just parroting info that's been out, but I figured I'd share anyway. This was posted at Pulse in the Upcoming Singles thread
    Is this source reliable or is it just word of mouth from some random person?The wording in that small piece of info just doesnít seem grammatically correct like they didnít know what they were talking about.Maybe itís just my mind playing tricks on me or maybe Iím a grammar snob,but something about that piece of information just didnít sit right with me.I donít know why I feel this right way right now,but this just doesnít jive with me.Itís like thereís too many pieces of information missing from that statement for it to make sense.Sorry if I seem like Iím rambling,but these are just thoughts that are going through my mind on this one.
    oldyfan likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by fan7 View Post
    There's some beautiful "Paint" on those windows.......just an observation
    That's what I thought before too, hmmm....Interesting.
    countrymusicfan15 and oldyfan like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    Is this source reliable or is it just word of mouth from some random person?The wording in that small piece of info just doesnít seem grammatically correct like they didnít know what they were talking about.Maybe itís just my mind playing tricks on me or maybe Iím a grammar snob,but something about that piece of information just didnít sit right with me.I donít know why I feel this right way right now,but this just doesnít jive with me.Itís like thereís too many pieces of information missing from that statement for it to make sense.Sorry if I seem like Iím rambling,but these are just thoughts that are going through my mind on this one.
    Ty is just passing what they saw, and put in the caveat about not knowing if they are reliable. It is just a new piece to a puzzle. Whether it's the new album puzzle or a totally different puzzle, well, we'll find out later. Don't worry so much about specifics right now, they will reveal themselves in the future.

Concert Stars
    Ocean Way is right on Music Row in Nashville and owned by Belmont University! I went to Belmont for Undergrad and they have a great connection with lots of country artists and allow them to use their spaces.
    txacar, oldyfan, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Anyone know why there would be two deadlines?
    txacar likes this.

Ty
    GMT time is UK.
    txacar and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Billy Dukes‏ @billydukes 6h6 hours ago

. @carrieunderwood announced as a #CMAawards performer. She's gotta be coming w/ something new right? Can't be from her last Sony album.

5 replies 19 retweets 54 likes

Concert Stars
    ^ Agree with Faraway. I think ads came out that Carrie was looking for additional songs close to an album completion in other eras too, if I recall. That doesn't mean she is not almost done with the album. I think they might just be trying to find a few last pieces of the puzzle for a Q1 or Q2 release, as the UMG insider said.

There is no way that Carrie is performing at CMAs unless it is 1 of two things: (1) a New single or (2) A Tribute performance for Vegas victims or something special like that. But there is no way she would perform an old SONY song. It has to be either a new song or a Tribute performance.

Obsessed Carrie Fan MSCarriefan's Avatar
    The theory about shooting the Paint video this week might be true. Melissa, who does her hair and makeup, posted a Instastory in car about seats or something referring to relaxing after a very long day on set.

Over at Pulse on Carrie's thread, Steve posted the opening line of Paint.

But I don't want to copy here because I'm scared of Carrie lmao

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ I'm not scared of Carrie.I'm scared of losing another great song.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^^Me too. If it's as wonderful as Steve said it is, then I don't want to give Carrie any reason to ditch the song. Yes, I am thirsty for new music from Carrie, but I will wait for as long as it takes until she's ready to release her music.

Concert Stars
    There is a new song called "Perfect World" added to the list. I don't know if it's been mentioned before
    rainbow1 likes this.

•