Page 511 of 514 FirstFirst ... 11411461501509510511512513 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,220 of 10270
Like Tree36049Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

At least we have three girls in the top 10.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Do we know how many she sold last year?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    Do we know how many she sold last year?
    CP sold 400K last year
    ethelu, txacar, mbh and 2 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insane Carrie Fan
    So, closing in on 500K pure sales. Should be platinum, by year end, I'd think.

Concert Stars
    I think with Spotify and Apple Music there just aren’t a lot of people buying music which is a bummer. Also back when the album came out I had to ask a worker at target where the cds were because most stores are phasing out that section and I’m not gonna lie I was a little sad. I love being able to physically hold the albums in my hand!
    mbh likes this.

Concert Stars
    Yes, CD's in stores are almost none-existent. Some think the buying of consumers is changing (and it is),. But I think the market is forcing the consumer to buy it another way. Less cost to the labels to manufacture and have sitting on shelves CD's.
    Sadly though, the last to go are the biggest. So you will still see "certain artists CD's on the shelf right up until the end of CD's all together. And other artists simply won't be visible on shelves at all. So of course they will not be selling physical copies if there are not physical copies to sell.
    LilUnderwood and mbh like this.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Yes, CD's in stores are almost none-existent. Some think the buying of consumers is changing (and it is),. But I think the market is forcing the consumer to buy it another way. Less cost to the labels to manufacture and have sitting on shelves CD's.
    Sadly though, the last to go are the biggest. So you will still see "certain artists CD's on the shelf right up until the end of CD's all together. And other artists simply won't be visible on shelves at all. So of course they will not be selling physical copies if there are not physical copies to sell.
    Well, I am still happy that Live Concert Tours tickets are in high demand. At least, Carrie will still have a great income in the years to come.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ad in this weeks country aircheck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obsessed Carrie Fan carriefan14's Avatar
    I think (hope) that the obvious choice for single #4 is between Drinking Alone and Low. I hope that it comes down to Carrie’s decision, and I hope she chooses Low. I’m gonna tell you why, though.

Drinking Alone is a fun song and it’s great - but I just dont think it will blow non-fans away as much as that vocal on Low! Plus, I think if people knew it was actually about everything that happened in 2017/early 2018, they would mad respect her for going there and having the guts to put herself out there. The world is not in a great place right now - i think people need this song to really express how they feel. I know i listen to it and I can’t help but think of these families that have lost people in the shootings and all the craziness that we have going on not just in America, but the world in general. The bullet is a good song for that too. I dont know, i just love low. It moves me every time. The sadness! It’s beautiful in a strange way.

^ Drinking Alone is a big hit with casual fans. It is also a live performance showstopper. Southbound alone can't keep carrying this era, we need another solid big radio hit for single no.4. And that choice has to be DA.

I love Low and Backsliding, but those would need to be choices for single no.5, if there is one.
    jaymiee likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I like DA and fans like it but I don't think radio will play it. Just a gut feeling that it would perform worse then LW.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ad in this weeks country aircheck

The push for EOTY has begun!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    ^^^ So impressive and what a great looking ad.....

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I hope she releases Low and then DA to close out the Era. I also think Kingdom would be great for Christian radio.

Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    ^ Drinking Alone is a big hit with casual fans. It is also a live performance showstopper. Southbound alone can't keep carrying this era, we need another solid big radio hit for single no.4. And that choice has to be DA.

I love Low and Backsliding, but those would need to be choices for single no.5, if there is one.
    100% agree. Drinking Alone was immediately the most viewed song on YouTube when the album was released. I think it's a huge hit and would be amazing to see live performances. I think radio would play it and casual fans will love it

Backsliding and Low are my next two favs for a single 5 (which I feel is not likely). My issue with low is it's another slower song with her belting that radio and casual fans are not going to eat up like I wish they would

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    https://www.soundslikenashville.com/...rie-underwood/

"From small-town sweetheart to American Idol winner, Carrie Underwood has always inspired young women to dream big on her rise to superstardom. As a wife and mom to two boys; the Founder and Lead Designer of a popular athletic wear line, CALIA by Carrie Underwood; and a GRAMMY® Award-winning singer and songwriter, Underwood is proof that women can do anything they set their minds to.

On The Cry Pretty Tour 360, she’s encouraging the next generation of women to chase their passions, by showing them what a smart, kind, strong female role model looks like—both on and off stage.

In this Sounds Like Nashville exclusive clip, some of Carrie’s smallest fans attending The Cry Pretty Tour 360 share what they want to be when they grow up, whether it’s a doctor, teacher, fashion designer or even a powerhouse entertainer. Watch the video below, which also includes a look into Underwood’s innovative in-the-round production.

cont."

Suellen, rainbow1, mbh and 1 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    I like DA and fans like it but I don't think radio will play it. Just a gut feeling that it would perform worse then LW.
    Really? I think it’s her new “Before He Cheats”. I could see it crossing over and being a big country and pop hit.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    txacar, rainbow1, ethelu and 6 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan carriefan14's Avatar
    ^ I would LOVE for the Bullet to be the next single. What a video.

I would like though for Carrie to have the opportunity to sing Low at a venue where it can be by itself and not in the middle of a setlist. I feel like by the time she reaches it in the show her voice is kinda tired and I havent seen a live take of it yet that I’m completely in love with.

Love the ad. It's beautiful. Drinking Alone and Low have to be singles. They are too good not to be. DA seems to be one of the most popular songs from Cry Pretty.
    adam1995 likes this.

•