Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 51 of 190 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3785
Like Tree13587Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveIC View Post
    Hi everyone didn’t mean to cause any controversy or issues for Carrie. Just was wondering about the song title. Don’t worry, I won’t allow the song to leak and it won’t be shared or traded with anyone. I’m very protective of my ultra rare songs. “Paint” is a wonderful song and I really hope Carrie has big plans for releasing it. It’s a definite #1 and already a personal all-time favorite.

Oklahoma Wind was a long time ago. Please don’t fault me for it. Didn’t realize the significance at the time when sharing with a few fans. I’m still sad we never got a studio version. At least we have Jon’s studio version.
    Ahhh.. i love Jon’s studio version too.. it’s beautiful too..
    hmmm.. a studio version already for a song... Was there ever a time when Carrie released the first single even if the album is not done yet? Wonder if they are going to release a single even if the album is not ready..

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky
    Gosh this is exciting! But I pray Carrie doesn't get upset that the song title leaked. Thank Goodness the song itself has not leaked. Honestly-- I hope it doesn't for Carrie's sake. She was really upset about Oklahoma Wind- and I don't blame her.
    Titles can be changed before release, if that's a concern. (In the case of "Oklahoma Wind", the lyrics, the melody, and her own voice on a rough cut, were all circulating)

Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    but it has leaked.it's just not a wide spread leak yet.
    I agree. We should bear in mind that whatever happens on the internet is at least the second or third link in a chain - and since it's unlikely that a leak could be stopped at that stage, it probably isn't the primary focus of any possible artist reaction. As I understand it, Carrie seems to have blamed security at a particular music publishing organization for "Oklahoma Wind" getting out in the first place - she seems to have thrown out not just that song, but others associated with that publisher too (and, as far as I know, nothing by Jon Randall or Ashley Monroe, for example - who are probably the best known clients who use that publisher - has been used by her since.) If she gets concerned about security elsewhere, we can't rule out the possibility that she would reject other material again.

Concert Stars
    Gosh I hope we hear something soon. I am getting anxious. haha If we do get a new single this fall that would be incredible.
    txacar, Hil, rainbow1 and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by MSCarriefan View Post
    I'm confused if she releases the tour video on Nov. 17, why would she want to promote a new single at the same time, if the new single would debut 2 weeks earlier? Too me she should release the tour video then a month or so later start a new era. This song and DVD just doesn't sit right.
    That approach would not work as Christmas music comes on in December. It is not the right time to release a new single that is not a holiday song. Plus, there is nowhere to debut the song in December as everything shuts down-- ie- no big award shows on tv for her to sing the song.

The lead single needs big televised award shows to promote it. November has the CMAS and AMAS- both excellent platforms to kick off an era. Nominations for AMAS come out this week and Carrie should get at least 1 nom again- so she would be able to perform it at the AMAS if she wanted to.

The DVD is just a nice gift for her fans. It was smart to release it just prior to Christmas as it can be gifted as gifts for the holidays. It doesn't need big promotion like a lead single does.

By contrast- a lead single needs very careful planning. The CMAS and AMAs are the perfect vehicles to promote a new single as both are televised to big audiences.
    txacar, Hil, rainbow1 and 3 others like this.

New Carrie Fan
    I'm going to hold off on posting an in-depth description of "Paint" at this time as I wouldn't want to ruin anything for Carrie if this is meant to be her next album launch single. Also, it's too good of a song for her not to release it. If she doesn't release it for whatever reason I will give a lot more details.

I also have a bunch of studio demos of Carrie's co-written songs that are sung by other people. As I'm sure many of you do. But I really don't enjoy listening to those songs. It's just not the same without her amazing voice. My favorite that I got recently was a song called "Mother's Day". I really hope she records and releases that song at some point. I'm not sure if anyone else has that song, but the first verse starts out: "Her day begins like every morning at 4am. While the world is waking up, pours her coffee in her cup. Then she hears the baby crying."
    MSCarriefan, txacar, Hil and 8 others like this.

Huge Carrie Follower MSCarriefan's Avatar
    ^Makes sense, but I'm still thinking new music next year. It has just been too quiet until this song rumors yesterday. I'm really just hoping I'm wrong. I want new music so badly!!!
    txacar, teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ yex too da g quiet: Carrie was spotted at the Preds game tonight per s few tweets.
    rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

Where did you find out we are getting a Storyteller Tour DVD? I thought it was going to only be released to ones like ITunes.

"Paint" sounds interesting.
    oldyfan likes this.

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    I'm going to hold off on posting an in-depth description of "Paint" at this time as I wouldn't want to ruin anything for Carrie if this is meant to be her next album launch single. Also, it's too good of a song for her not to release it. If she doesn't release it for whatever reason I will give a lot more details.

I also have a bunch of studio demos of Carrie's co-written songs that are sung by other people. As I'm sure many of you do. But I really don't enjoy listening to those songs. It's just not the same without her amazing voice. My favorite that I got recently was a song called "Mother's Day". I really hope she records and releases that song at some point. I'm not sure if anyone else has that song, but the first verse starts out: "Her day begins like every morning at 4am. While the world is waking up, pours her coffee in her cup. Then she hears the baby crying."
    Nice! I usually collect Carrie’s co-write demos when they are posted online.. i collect and keep them for my listening pleasure.. any song that is carrie-related, i automatacilly like!
    rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by lizcarlo View Post
    Where did you find out we are getting a Storyteller Tour DVD? I thought it was going to only be released to ones like ITunes.

"Paint" sounds interesting.
    It is ONLY going to be a digital release. I think in the thread there's been talk about hoping maybe we'll get a dvd at some point. Or some of us are making plans to try and figure out how we can make our own dvds. But it is only a digital release on a streaming site like iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Huge Carrie Follower

Is Carrie even aware that the demo of “Paint” is out there?Is it her choice to not record “Paint” if she doesn’t want to?Just because that song’s out there doesn’t mean she has to record it,does she?Just because you say that the song’s too good to not release,doesn’t mean she has to release it if she doesn’t want to.Carrie does have the freedom to choose what she wants to record & what she doesn’t if it doesn’t fit the direction she wants to go in for the next album.Just because the song is out there doesn’t mean that she has to record it.She could if she really wanted to,but that decision needs to be left up to her if it is meant to be recorded & released as a single for her next album.Sorry if I was ranting,but I needed to get that off of my chest.On the other hand,Mothers Day would be amazing for Carrie to record if she really wanted to!!Her voice would sound SO perfect on a song like that!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    Is Carrie even aware that the demo of “Paint” is out there?Is it her choice to not record “Paint” if she doesn’t want to?Just because that song’s out there doesn’t mean she has to record it,does she?Just because you say that the song’s too good to not release,doesn’t mean she has to release it if she doesn’t want to.Carrie does have the freedom to choose what she wants to record & what she doesn’t if it doesn’t fit the direction she wants to go in for the next album.Just because the song is out there doesn’t mean that she has to record it.She could if she really wanted to,but that decision needs to be left up to her if it is meant to be recorded & released as a single for her next album.

Sorry if I was ranting,but I needed to get that off of my chest.On the other hand,Mothers Day would be amazing for Carrie to record if she really wanted to!!Her voice would sound SO perfect on a song like that!!
    there is no one on this board saying it is not Carrie's decision to record and release whatever she pleases.Steve was simply stating his opinion of the song.
    Hil, Kizmet311, Momin and 10 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Is Carrie even aware that the demo of “Paint” is out there?Is it her choice to not record “Paint” if she doesn’t want to?Just because that song’s out there doesn’t mean she has to record it,does she?Just because you say that the song’s too good to not release,doesn’t mean she has to release it if she doesn’t want to.Carrie does have the freedom to choose what she wants to record & what she doesn’t if it doesn’t fit the direction she wants to go in for the next album.Just because the song is out there doesn’t mean that she has to record it.She could if she really wanted to,but that decision needs to be left up to her if it is meant to be recorded & released as a single for her next album.Sorry if I was ranting,but I needed to get that off of my chest.On the other hand,Mothers Day would be amazing for Carrie to record if she really wanted to!!Her voice would sound SO perfect on a song like that!!
    How could the song be out there with her vocals if she hadn't already recorded it? Sorry, you lost me.
    Hil and oldyfan like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ demo/work tape , there are several of those floating around

by 'recording ' I believe everyone here means studio recording
    Carrieslegs84, rainbow1 and ethelu like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hil
    ^ demo/work tape , there are several of those floating around

by 'recording ' I believe everyone here means studio recording
    From Steve's tweet from the other board posted here it was said 'Paint' (not sure what the correct name is) is a high quality recording. So basically it sounds like she's already recorded it and it's album ready if it's chosen to be on the album, of course. I was kinda lost too with Ron.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    there is no one on this board saying it is not Carrie's decision to record and release whatever she pleases.Steve was simply stating his opinion of the song.
    Sorry if that sounded harsh.All of these questions & opinions have been singing around in my head for the past 24 hours & I wanted to get that off of my chest because it was bothering me so much.I apologize if it came off as harsh.If it was,I deeply apologize.😔

Hil
    Sorry if that sounded harsh.All of these questions & opinions have been singing around in my head for the past 24 hours & I wanted to get that off of my chest because it was bothering me so much.I apologize if it came off as harsh.If it was,I deeply apologize.
    I wouldn't sweat it. I think people were more confused than offended. : )

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    It is ONLY going to be a digital release. I think in the thread there's been talk about hoping maybe we'll get a dvd at some point. Or some of us are making plans to try and figure out how we can make our own dvds. But it is only a digital release on a streaming site like iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Oh okay thanks.

Concert Stars
    Dang I am bored again. haha Thank you Steve for giving us something to speculate about. I love trying to guess what a song is about by the title.

Paint is really unique. It sounds like it is going to be pretty incredible even if just an album track and not the lead single. Gosh I just want new music for the CMAS. haha

Carrie is being eerily quiet....haha I hope that signifies something. (smile)

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    ^ Yes! Meanwhile we’ll just paint pictures of what we think the song will be like. See what I did there ;-)
    teesharky, txacar, Suellen and 4 others like this.

•