Page 501 of 513 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,020 of 10242
Like Tree35977Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    CCA did too.
    ethelu likes this.

CCA didn't deserve the dust it got paid.
    lizcarlo likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey Orfino View Post
    Apparently, they have a big announcement tomorrow. It's probably UK related like maybe an interview with them. They are the first national country radio in the UK and they launched a couple days ago.

Country Hits Radio @countryhitsuk

Exciting times!!!  @carrieunderwood

https://twitter.com/countryhitsuk/st...29139172691968
    The radio station's page on Carrie is here: (It includes a short video message from Carrie)

https://planetradio.co.uk/country-hi...rie-underwood/
    Smokyiiis, hjj, mbh and 1 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Southbound ACM performance has been put on youtube
    and before anyone panics they had added SpB from the AMAs last fall.So not a sign.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Huge Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Southbound ACM performance has been put on youtube
    and before anyone panics they had added SpB from the AMAs last fall.So not a sign.
    It’s about time they added it lol. I got tired of going to cbs to find it!
    rainbow1 likes this.

I'm pretty sure they added everyone's performances from the show to their respective YouTube channels. I guess that CBS had it for a week (makes sense... it's their video).

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyjones18 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they added everyone's performances from the show to their respective YouTube channels. I guess that CBS had it for a week (makes sense... it's their video).
    I couldn’t find it on YouTube unless I went to CBS 🤷🏻*♂️ I’m glad it’s up so that’s all that matters!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mbh View Post
    WOW! Flashback moment to me. Carrie's tribute performance to Bob Wills of "San Antonio Rose" and tribute to Don Henly of the Eagles, "Desperado" during 2007 Grammy Awards and Carrie won Best New Artist Awards of the Grammy.
    Yes, she is pretty knowledgeable about her genre's styles and heritage, and I often pick up points in some of her songs that can be considered a reference to the ongoing stream of tradition that she honours (an exanple being the Country Waltz time that she uses in "Cry Pretty" - something that Nashville and contemporary radio have long moved away from, to the extent that there are laments for its passing in several traditional songs.)

The problem is that she receives little credit or acknowledgment for this. I think there are a number of reasons: many of her fans are not particularly or primarily concerned with this side of the genre; the references are often mixed or overlaid by other styles and vocal emphases in the same song, and these often gain more notice; traditionalists who might be expected to appreciate this side of her work are often conditioned to see her as a poster girl for the Nashville Mainstream, and don't bother to listen in detail to much of her work.

"Cry Pretty" is probably the album on which her traditional influences play the biggest part in its overall plan. But I would argue that Carrie is one of the most traditionally-influenced artists to gain top recognition in the contemporary Nashville Mainstream (however much that is overlaid by other aspects - which is of course the definition of "progressive") - and I think this will be more acknowledged when music analysts look back on this era.
    mbh, rainbow1, ethelu and 1 others like this.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    Yes, she is pretty knowledgeable about her genre's styles and heritage, and I often pick up points in some of her songs that can be considered a reference to the ongoing stream of tradition that she honours (an exanple being the Country Waltz time that she uses in "Cry Pretty" - something that Nashville and contemporary radio have long moved away from, to the extent that there are laments for its passing in several traditional songs.)

The problem is that she receives little credit or acknowledgment for this. I think there are a number of reasons: many of her fans are not particularly or primarily concerned with this side of the genre; the references are often mixed or overlaid by other styles and vocal emphases in the same song, and these often gain more notice; traditionalists who might be expected to appreciate this side of her work are often conditioned to see her as a poster girl for the Nashville Mainstream, and don't bother to listen in detail to much of her work.

"Cry Pretty" is probably the album on which her traditional influences play the biggest part in its overall plan. But I would argue that Carrie is one of the most traditionally-influenced artists to gain top recognition in the contemporary Nashville Mainstream (however much that is overlaid by other aspects - which is of course the definition of "progressive") - and I think this will be more acknowledged when music analysts look back on this era.
    I am glad you are pointing out the influences of Carrie's love to country music in some of the tracks in "Cry Pretty" album. Actually, when I saw Carrie's performance of "San Antonio Rose", that was the first time I fell in love with this type of music. Then when I googled "Bob Wills", Loretta Lynn names also came out and that awesome singer of "Crazy". I said to myself, beautiful music.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by mbh View Post
    I am glad you are pointing out the influences of Carrie's love to country music in some of the tracks in "Cry Pretty" album. Actually, when I saw Carrie's performance of "San Antonio Rose", that was the first time I fell in love with this type of music. Then when I googled "Bob Wills", Loretta Lynn names also came out and that awesome singer of "Crazy". I said to myself, beautiful music.

Are you referring to Pasty Cline when you say that singer of “Crazy”?
    mbh likes this.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by FanSince04 View Post
    Are you referring to Pasty Cline when you say that singer of “Crazy”?
    Yes, that is correct. Sorry, I forgot her name. When I saw "Crazy", I fell in love with her voice. So, I bought it and and some of her few songs in Itunes and some of Loretta Lynn's songs. I even bought Coal Miner's Daughter Movie DVD at Amazon. Loretta Lynn's reaction when her husband brought her in front of Grand Old Opry and Carrie's reaction from Randy Travis Invitation and Garth Brooke's Grand Old Opry Presentation is just priceless.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Chrissy Mets upload the performance to her new Youtube channel.

https://youtu.be/zG7t4O-F5d0

It need some views! Lol

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Speaking of Patsy Cline, I would love to hear Carrie sing "Sweet Dreams", Reba McEntire did it acapella and that version was beyond amazing.......
    lizcarlo and mbh like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rcramer View Post
    Speaking of Patsy Cline, I would love to hear Carrie sing "Sweet Dreams", Reba McEntire did it acapella and that version was beyond amazing.......
    Me too. It would be gorgeous.
    mbh likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    LMAO, her channel uploaded the Southbound performance within a week, but yet her incredible comeback performance at last year's ACM Awards still hasn't been uploaded. Such a joke. I can't.
    mbh, teesharky, hjj and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    We need some news or something cool to revitalize this era. I really hope Carrie gets to perform
    at Billboard awards via satellite on the opening night of the tour. Other artists have done that. It would be so cool.
    Last edited by teesharky; 04-16-2019 at 08:16 PM.
    mbh, rainbow1 and jaymiee like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaD View Post
    LMAO, her channel uploaded the Southbound performance within a week, but yet her incredible comeback performance at last year's ACM Awards still hasn't been uploaded. Such a joke. I can't.
    That is my one pet peeve lol. Cry Pretty is such a great performance song and Carrie killed it between her vocals and the emotion she put into it. If they uploaded it I'm sure it would have been great for streaming numbers.
    mbh and rainbow1 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by gocountrymusic View Post
    That is my one pet peeve lol. Cry Pretty is such a great performance song and Carrie killed it between her vocals and the emotion she put into it. If they uploaded it I'm sure it would have been great for streaming numbers.
    I agree, and that was one of her best performances ever imo. Such a shame. It was vocally better than the studio version.
    mbh, rainbow1, Suellen and 1 others like this.

Ive always felt like she gets screwed on her youtube videos. Im not sure if its her team or copyright or whatever, but her videos with millions of views just randomly go missing. HGTA with Vince gill that had like 30 million just disappeared

Even Spinning Bottles at the AMA's was a little delayed in being uploaded. I remember other artists like Cardi B and Camila had their performances up on youtube that same night but Carries was like the next day or 2. And her CP performance at the CMT awards was never even uploaded. I loved that performance!
    mbh, teesharky, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

Idol should do another Carrie week the week before the tour start, that would be great promo for the tour and she could debut the third single. Not happening but would be cool.. lol
    Countryfan2448, mbh and ethelu like this.

•