Page 501 of 513 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,020 of 10242
Like Tree35977Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

  1. #10001
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    2,855
    CCA did too.
    ethelu likes this.

  • #10002
    Insane Carrie Fan Manchs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    4,007
    CCA didn't deserve the dust it got paid.
    lizcarlo likes this.

  • #10003
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey Orfino View Post
    Apparently, they have a big announcement tomorrow. It's probably UK related like maybe an interview with them. They are the first national country radio in the UK and they launched a couple days ago.

    Country Hits Radio @countryhitsuk

    Exciting times!!!  @carrieunderwood


    https://twitter.com/countryhitsuk/st...29139172691968
    The radio station's page on Carrie is here: (It includes a short video message from Carrie)

    https://planetradio.co.uk/country-hi...rie-underwood/
    Smokyiiis, hjj, mbh and 1 others like this.

  • #10004
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    23,300
    Concert Stars
    Southbound ACM performance has been put on youtube
    and before anyone panics they had added SpB from the AMAs last fall.So not a sign.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  • #10005
    Huge Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    736
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Southbound ACM performance has been put on youtube
    and before anyone panics they had added SpB from the AMAs last fall.So not a sign.
    It’s about time they added it lol. I got tired of going to cbs to find it!
    rainbow1 likes this.

  • #10006
    Insane Carrie Fan abbeyjones18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    5,122
    I'm pretty sure they added everyone's performances from the show to their respective YouTube channels. I guess that CBS had it for a week (makes sense... it's their video).

  • #10007
    Huge Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    736
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyjones18 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they added everyone's performances from the show to their respective YouTube channels. I guess that CBS had it for a week (makes sense... it's their video).
    I couldn’t find it on YouTube unless I went to CBS 🤷🏻*♂️ I’m glad it’s up so that’s all that matters!

  • #10008
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,942
    Quote Originally Posted by mbh View Post
    WOW! Flashback moment to me. Carrie's tribute performance to Bob Wills of "San Antonio Rose" and tribute to Don Henly of the Eagles, "Desperado" during 2007 Grammy Awards and Carrie won Best New Artist Awards of the Grammy.
    Yes, she is pretty knowledgeable about her genre's styles and heritage, and I often pick up points in some of her songs that can be considered a reference to the ongoing stream of tradition that she honours (an exanple being the Country Waltz time that she uses in "Cry Pretty" - something that Nashville and contemporary radio have long moved away from, to the extent that there are laments for its passing in several traditional songs.)

    The problem is that she receives little credit or acknowledgment for this. I think there are a number of reasons: many of her fans are not particularly or primarily concerned with this side of the genre; the references are often mixed or overlaid by other styles and vocal emphases in the same song, and these often gain more notice; traditionalists who might be expected to appreciate this side of her work are often conditioned to see her as a poster girl for the Nashville Mainstream, and don't bother to listen in detail to much of her work.

    "Cry Pretty" is probably the album on which her traditional influences play the biggest part in its overall plan. But I would argue that Carrie is one of the most traditionally-influenced artists to gain top recognition in the contemporary Nashville Mainstream (however much that is overlaid by other aspects - which is of course the definition of "progressive") - and I think this will be more acknowledged when music analysts look back on this era.
    mbh, rainbow1, ethelu and 1 others like this.

  • #10009
    mbh
    mbh is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    Yes, she is pretty knowledgeable about her genre's styles and heritage, and I often pick up points in some of her songs that can be considered a reference to the ongoing stream of tradition that she honours (an exanple being the Country Waltz time that she uses in "Cry Pretty" - something that Nashville and contemporary radio have long moved away from, to the extent that there are laments for its passing in several traditional songs.)

    The problem is that she receives little credit or acknowledgment for this. I think there are a number of reasons: many of her fans are not particularly or primarily concerned with this side of the genre; the references are often mixed or overlaid by other styles and vocal emphases in the same song, and these often gain more notice; traditionalists who might be expected to appreciate this side of her work are often conditioned to see her as a poster girl for the Nashville Mainstream, and don't bother to listen in detail to much of her work.

    "Cry Pretty" is probably the album on which her traditional influences play the biggest part in its overall plan. But I would argue that Carrie is one of the most traditionally-influenced artists to gain top recognition in the contemporary Nashville Mainstream (however much that is overlaid by other aspects - which is of course the definition of "progressive") - and I think this will be more acknowledged when music analysts look back on this era.
    I am glad you are pointing out the influences of Carrie's love to country music in some of the tracks in "Cry Pretty" album. Actually, when I saw Carrie's performance of "San Antonio Rose", that was the first time I fell in love with this type of music. Then when I googled "Bob Wills", Loretta Lynn names also came out and that awesome singer of "Crazy". I said to myself, beautiful music.

  • #10010
    Huge Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    736
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by mbh View Post
    I am glad you are pointing out the influences of Carrie's love to country music in some of the tracks in "Cry Pretty" album. Actually, when I saw Carrie's performance of "San Antonio Rose", that was the first time I fell in love with this type of music. Then when I googled "Bob Wills", Loretta Lynn names also came out and that awesome singer of "Crazy". I said to myself, beautiful music.


    Are you referring to Pasty Cline when you say that singer of “Crazy”?
    mbh likes this.

  • #10011
    mbh
    mbh is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by FanSince04 View Post
    Are you referring to Pasty Cline when you say that singer of “Crazy”?
    Yes, that is correct. Sorry, I forgot her name. When I saw "Crazy", I fell in love with her voice. So, I bought it and and some of her few songs in Itunes and some of Loretta Lynn's songs. I even bought Coal Miner's Daughter Movie DVD at Amazon. Loretta Lynn's reaction when her husband brought her in front of Grand Old Opry and Carrie's reaction from Randy Travis Invitation and Garth Brooke's Grand Old Opry Presentation is just priceless.
    rainbow1 likes this.

  • #10012
    Ultimate Carrie Fan simonplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Uruguay
    Posts
    6,571
    Chrissy Mets upload the performance to her new Youtube channel.


    https://youtu.be/zG7t4O-F5d0

    It need some views! Lol

  • #10013
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,993
    Concert Stars
    Speaking of Patsy Cline, I would love to hear Carrie sing "Sweet Dreams", Reba McEntire did it acapella and that version was beyond amazing.......
    lizcarlo and mbh like this.

  • #10014
    Insane Carrie Fan lizcarlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    4,393
    Quote Originally Posted by rcramer View Post
    Speaking of Patsy Cline, I would love to hear Carrie sing "Sweet Dreams", Reba McEntire did it acapella and that version was beyond amazing.......
    Me too. It would be gorgeous.
    mbh likes this.

  • #10015
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,066
    LMAO, her channel uploaded the Southbound performance within a week, but yet her incredible comeback performance at last year's ACM Awards still hasn't been uploaded. Such a joke. I can't.
    mbh, teesharky, hjj and 2 others like this.

  • #10016
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,618
    Concert Stars
    We need some news or something cool to revitalize this era. I really hope Carrie gets to perform
    at Billboard awards via satellite on the opening night of the tour. Other artists have done that. It would be so cool.
    Last edited by teesharky; 04-16-2019 at 08:16 PM.
    mbh, rainbow1 and jaymiee like this.

  • #10017
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,905
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaD View Post
    LMAO, her channel uploaded the Southbound performance within a week, but yet her incredible comeback performance at last year's ACM Awards still hasn't been uploaded. Such a joke. I can't.
    That is my one pet peeve lol. Cry Pretty is such a great performance song and Carrie killed it between her vocals and the emotion she put into it. If they uploaded it I'm sure it would have been great for streaming numbers.
    mbh and rainbow1 like this.

  • #10018
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by gocountrymusic View Post
    That is my one pet peeve lol. Cry Pretty is such a great performance song and Carrie killed it between her vocals and the emotion she put into it. If they uploaded it I'm sure it would have been great for streaming numbers.
    I agree, and that was one of her best performances ever imo. Such a shame. It was vocally better than the studio version.
    mbh, rainbow1, Suellen and 1 others like this.

  • #10019
    Junior Carrie Follower jaymiee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    293
    Ive always felt like she gets screwed on her youtube videos. Im not sure if its her team or copyright or whatever, but her videos with millions of views just randomly go missing. HGTA with Vince gill that had like 30 million just disappeared

    Even Spinning Bottles at the AMA's was a little delayed in being uploaded. I remember other artists like Cardi B and Camila had their performances up on youtube that same night but Carries was like the next day or 2. And her CP performance at the CMT awards was never even uploaded. I loved that performance!
    mbh, teesharky, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

  • #10020
    Ultimate Carrie Fan simonplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Uruguay
    Posts
    6,571
    Idol should do another Carrie week the week before the tour start, that would be great promo for the tour and she could debut the third single. Not happening but would be cool.. lol
    Countryfan2448, mbh and ethelu like this.


  •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 0
      Last Post: 03-07-2017, 01:24 PM
    2. Replies: 15
      Last Post: 12-01-2012, 10:57 PM
    3. Random Carrie Underwood Song featuring some Carrie Underwood Songs
      By PLAYON4CARRIEUNDERWOOD in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 07-08-2012, 05:44 PM
    4. Carrie Underwood and Carrie Underwood Top This Week's Charts
      By countrymama22 in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 06-12-2012, 04:51 PM
    5. Carrie Underwood - Carrie Underwood Bags Best Dressed Title At Acm Awards
      By Carrie Country in forum Carrie Underwood Sightings
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 04-17-2012, 10:03 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •