Page 500 of 514 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500501502510 ... LastLast
Results 9,981 to 10,000 of 10268
Like Tree36041Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Concert Stars
    Sure wish they'd rev up the excitement for the tour with the 3rd single release and a video when the tour actually starts!
    mbh, brenda218, rainbow1 and 2 others like this.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by lizcarlo View Post
    I hope we get 5 singles. I'm still hoping for at least Low as single. After watching Carrie perform Southbound she looked like she had so much fun performing it so I have softened on the song.

Carrie had me like this to Southbound

]

I am HOPING for five singles, too. I really doubt, now, that Southbound is the third single because Love Wins is still charting.
    lizcarlo, rainbow1, txacar and 1 others like this.

I am hoping for 5 singles as well. And they better not be counting the champion as part of the 5. There are too many good songs on the album to not have 5!
    mbh, brenda218, Smokyiiis and 6 others like this.

Junior Carrie Follower brenda218's Avatar
    I agree with that.
    rainbow1, mbh, txacar and 1 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    One thing that I'm really enjoying about this era is that if Southbound isn't the third single then we had three songs so far performed on TV just because Carrie wanted to. The drawback of course is what ever the third single is didn't get that promo spot but I believe it really helps the album as a whole and it just feels less rigid. It also keeps us guessing.

One thing I wasn't fond of about the Storyteller era is that when ever a single was announced only that song (or a previous single) was performed, even at Opry shows. I guess the mentality was the powers that be did not want another song to interfere with or distract from the current single.

Now we just need Drinking Alone performed at the Billboard Music Awards via video, That Song performed at the CMT music Awards and Low performed at the Grammy's
    Hil, hjj, mbh and 10 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gocountrymusic View Post
    One thing that I'm really enjoying about this era is that if Southbound isn't the third single then we had three songs so far performed on TV just because Carrie wanted to. The drawback of course is what ever the third single is didn't get that promo spot but I believe it really helps the album as a whole and it just feels less rigid. It also keeps us guessing.

One thing I wasn't fond of about the Storyteller era is that when ever a single was announced only that song (or a previous single) was performed, even at Opry shows. I guess the mentality was the powers that be did not want another song to interfere with or distract from the current single.

Now we just need Drinking Alone performed at the Billboard Music Awards via video, That Song performed at the CMT music Awards and Low performed at the Grammy's
    It is cool Carrie is singing songs that are not going to be singles. I like this idea. All those songs deserve an audience at award show.

Okay but the real question is that will there be a GOOD music video for the third single now that the tour is about to start? I don't want another concert video.
    Hil, rainbow1, brenda218 and 1 others like this.

New Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Momin View Post
    Okay but the real question is that will there be a GOOD music video for the third single now that the tour is about to start? I don't want another concert video.

Agreed. I feel so cheated by concert videos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obsessed Carrie Fan carriefan14's Avatar
    I don’t understand UMG myself. If it had been me, I would have released the third single on Monday morning, as soon as everybody was still talking about her ACM performances.
    brenda218 likes this.

Today is the anniversary of fantastic lead single Cry Pretty being released. I'm posting performance of it. Wish I could have found ACM one but only one is not too good.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    mbh, rainbow1, lizcarlo and 3 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Carrie Underwood’s “Southbound” sold 3,000 copies in the 48 hours following her performance on the ACM Awards (up 13,878%).
    mbh, twaintrain, Hil and 3 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    That increase, of not far short of 14 thousand percent is phenomenal!

I know some fans are concerned that it comes on top of a relatively low previous base - but I think that that rather obscures an important point. The percentage increase shows the impact the exposure gave it - and that performance certainly had an impact!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    In my review of the Cry Pretty album, I said that I thought "Southbound" showed some slight Cajun influence. Playing it again a few times, I'm standing by that. Given the fact that Carrie made references to Hank Williams in a couple of other songs on the album, I would guess that some part of the inspiration for "Southbound" may have come from Hank's 1952 song "Jambalaya" (which was also a light-hearted holiday song, was based on a traditional Cajun melody, but also made considerable adaptations to then contemporary Anglo-American mainstream taste). Carrie does like to use deeper references to musical tradition in her work, even if they are overlaid by other elements. This is the song - I think many might say the connection is not very evident - and I wouldn't dispute that - but I do think there are similarities in the fundamental musical line, and I think that was probably deliberate.

hjj, rainbow1, lizcarlo and 1 others like this.

Since Carrie is starting the tour in North Carolina on May 1st, it’s actually the perfect opportunity to film the “Southbound” music video.

https://images.app.goo.gl/ALxZoiCbq4QXkkBL6

NC has great beaches/waterfront! But they would have to decide like, today, if they want to release it as the next single, so that they can start getting everything ready for the video and maybe film it on April 26 or 27. Then she still has time to be in Greensboro for May 1st!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    Carrie Underwood’s “Southbound” sold 3,000 copies in the 48 hours following her performance on the ACM Awards (up 13,878%).

That is rather impressive, but of course Carrie knows how to work it........ If they do release as the 3rd single I can't see it not doing well. It would make for a great summer song on the radio.....
    rainbow1 and Smokyiiis like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ gonna guess they already have thier ducks in a row when it comes to single 3 and it's video. Carrie's a planner.

^ You are probably right, maddkat.

I believe Darius Rucker filmed this in South Carolina, but you get the idea!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ap7HzFlOXq4

Carrie Follower
    Apparently, they have a big announcement tomorrow. It's probably UK related like maybe an interview with them. They are the first national country radio in the UK and they launched a couple days ago.

Country Hits Radio @countryhitsuk

Exciting times!!! 😍 @carrieunderwood

https://twitter.com/countryhitsuk/st...29139172691968
    rainbow1 and Josh like this.

^ a UK single release wouldn't hurt! Chaser deserved better!
    lizcarlo, ethelu, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

•