Page 50 of 514 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 10279
Like Tree36073Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Hil
    I don't need to hear the song leaked, because I know how much that would bother Carrie. However, I would love to know if this is her song and will be on her next album. I can't really imagine her recording a studio version if we're not going to hear it, but still. That's what I hope to hear most from all of this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MSCarriefan View Post
    Watch us all be speculating about the song and then she pulls one on us and announces she is pregnant this week....lol
    I am really interested in this title and maybe it means something polar opposite of Storyteller.Paint sounds emotional for some reason
    I wouldn't be surprised if she did that!!Paint has many meanings for a lot of people and everyone interprets it completely differently.My dad has painted inside houses and church buildings for years as a minister because he thinks it makes a vast improvement over what it was and its more excellent and better than it was before.Paint could be making your own life a masterpiece and improving yourself to better than you were in years past & realizing that when the masterpiece is in the process of being created and improved, it can be a beautiful and powerful message that you will always be "painting" to make your life better than it was before,but it can be a beautiful and amazing transformation while it is in the process.Paint makes things better, fresher, newer and more richer because it can really bring out the beauty in the finished product and make it more vibrant and vivid than it could ever be in its former state.For Carrie,it could have a spiritual aspect because of her deep Christian faith in being transformed and "painted" into God's likeness and making her more like Him everyday by the way she treats people personally and professionally. I've been wanting to get this off of my chest since this whole "Paint" discussion started, and I at least hope that it was weaved into what we think the song talks about. I don't know if it's accurate, but if it isn't, I apologize.I just wanted to try and relate it to the discussion going on here.
    teesharky and lizcarlo like this.

Huge Carrie Follower carriethequeen's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveIC View Post
    Hi everyone didnít mean to cause any controversy or issues for Carrie. Just was wondering about the song title. Donít worry, I wonít allow the song to leak and it wonít be shared or traded with anyone. Iím very protective of my ultra rare songs. ďPaintĒ is a wonderful song and I really hope Carrie has big plans for releasing it. Itís a definite #1 and already a personal all-time favorite.

Oklahoma Wind was a long time ago. Please donít fault me for it. Didnít realize the significance at the time when sharing with a few fans. Iím still sad we never got a studio version. At least we have Jonís studio version.
    Gosh you make it sound so amazing I'm dying to hear it!!! But of course when Carrie is ready for it to be released. Maybe in time for the CMAs. You said it came from Music Row so my guess is since it's already gotten out there, a release is imminent. Can you tell us who wrote it?
    teesharky, Hil, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Hi everyone didnít mean to cause any controversy or issues for Carrie. Just was wondering about the song title. Donít worry, I wonít allow the song to leak and it wonít be shared or traded with anyone. Iím very protective of my ultra rare songs. ďPaintĒ is a wonderful song and I really hope Carrie has big plans for releasing it. Itís a definite #1 and already a personal all-time favorite.

Oklahoma Wind was a long time ago. Please donít fault me for it. Didnít realize the significance at the time when sharing with a few fans. Iím still sad we never got a studio version. At least we have Jonís studio version.
    Hello thanks for posting here! No worries. I am
    just happy to get any info at all. Thanks for not leaking it. I recall you were spot on accurate about how good Cowboy Casanova was.
    And you did not mean to cause trouble with OKlahoma Wind. It just took
    on a life of its own.
    Hil, rainbow1, Claire2004 and 3 others like this.

Thanks for the assurance. I must admit that even though I got a bit cranky lol I was also very excitrd by this piece of news lol. Sorry for my crankiness.
    Hil, oldyfan and teesharky like this.

Thanks for the info! Is it up tempo, a ballad, mid tempo? Country pop? Who are the writers?
    Hil, oldyfan, Smokyiiis and 2 others like this.

I think this change everything! She said that she was just writing not long ago and now there is a new song recorded? Could she doing a surprise release? For a lead single at least...

Music Row already has it so this should be released soon.
    oldyfan likes this.

Hil
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    I think this change everything! She said that she was just writing not long ago and now there is a new song recorded? Could she doing a surprise release? For a lead single at least...

Music Row already has it so this should be released soon.
    This may be a dumb question, so forgive me in advance, but does music row usually have songs that aren't going to be released? Like to they have album cuts that aren't picked, or when things circulate like this is it semi-close to a release date?
    oldyfan and rainbow1 like this.

I hope it means semi close to being released.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Maybe there will be a big debut on the CMA's, so she's keeping extra quiet?
    Kizmet311 and rainbow1 like this.

Just to put it out there...if 'Paint' doesn't make the album, then by all means please leak it in the future after the album comes etc haha! I am very intrigued in this "commercially" sounding record!
    Kizmet311 and Smokyiiis like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    So, if Steve had CC a few months before it came out....maybe we can get that lead single debut at the CMAs after all? That is just a month away! I really really really hope this is the lead single. We all know that Carrie doesn't record very many songs in studio, because she doesn't want a lot of studio recordings out there that don't make her albums. I'm sure there have been some, but I seem to recall discussion that she doesn't do it much. I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but it is certainly an exciting possibility that this could be a lead single. We know she recently started following Liz Rose on Twitter and it appears that Liz co-wrote this song, so there could be a connection there.

Now that I'm done obsessing over Disney, I have free time to obsess over new Carrie music, haha.
    txacar and teesharky like this.
    "Thank you for that ĎCaptain Obviousí sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the Ďrightí notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Ty
    Just to clarify, I'm not positive that this is a Liz Rose co-write. There are just only 2 recently registered "Paint" titles - one co-written by Liz Rose and the other by Carly Pearce. It's possible that Carrie's "Paint" is an entirely different song.

I do agree that we should keep an eye out on this song though. A CMA debut would make sense with the Q1 release strategy.
    rainbow1, Kizmet311, Hil and 1 others like this.

Ty
    "Perfect World" was written for Carnival Ride btw.

I've never heard of "God Made Rainy Days" before, but I'd guess it isn't new since it's not listed in the Latest News section at The IC.
    rainbow1, Claire2004 and Hil like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan MSCarriefan's Avatar
    I'm confused if she releases the tour video on Nov. 17, why would she want to promote a new single at the same time, if the new single would debut 2 weeks earlier? Too me she should release the tour video then a month or so later start a new era. This song and DVD just doesn't sit right.

Ty
    I don't think she's going to promote the tour DVD. Those masters are owned by Sony, so I can't see her performing any of the Storyteller songs at the CMAs. I really think that's just a gift for the fans tbh.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Well she's said that she is releasing the tour dvd because she heard the outcry of the fans.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    Just to clarify, I'm not positive that this is a Liz Rose co-write. There are just only 2 recently registered "Paint" titles - one co-written by Liz Rose and the other by Carly Pearce. It's possible that Carrie's "Paint" is an entirely different song.

I do agree that we should keep an eye out on this song though. A CMA debut would make sense with the Q1 release strategy.
    Thanks for the clarification. I guess somehow when I was skimming posts I thought we knew that this leaked song might be written by Liz Rose. Carly's song "Paint" is not included in the track list for her new album. Not that that means anything either.

I also think the timing of the DVD release would have nothing to do with new music. I don't think she will promote the tour video either, although perhaps the timing of the announcement was intended to remind CMA voters about the tour as they vote for FVOTY. I think this really was just a gift for us fans and releasing it digitally is an easy way to keep production costs down.
    Ty, Hil, Carrieslegs84 and 2 others like this.
    "Thank you for that ĎCaptain Obviousí sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the Ďrightí notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    I don't think she's going to promote the tour DVD. Those masters are owned by Sony, so I can't see her performing any of the Storyteller songs at the CMAs. I really think that's just a gift for the fans tbh.
    I'm still not sure that the tour video is owned by Sony since they are live recordings not the original studio masters but I suspect you are right that she won't invest too much in promo. She could perform ST songs at the CMAs since Sony doesn't own the songs only the recordings but I don't think she will just because that era is closed.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Ty
    I don't think Sony owns the actual tour footage. But, they own the recorded studio masters. Therefore, it doesn't make much sense to promote another label's goods imo.
    bluejeanbaby and txacar like this.

•