Page 49 of 514 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
Like Tree36041Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    There are several songs by Ben Daniel on YouTube - This is apparently a medley of some of his new ones
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgJlY6mHnqk

His solo work as a singer/songwriter doesn't immediately strike me as the sort of song I'd associate with Carrie (that's just an observation, though, not meant as a criticism, and I'm not trying to stereotype either him or Carrie into any particular style). The fact is that, unless or until we hear "Paint", which may have been co-written with a quite different concept in mind, we can't form any real idea of its sound or theme.

Ben writes for a publishing outfit owned by Byron Gallimore (who once had a chance to sign Carrie to an early record deal, but passed on her, in favour of Jessica Andrews)
    Upon hearing this, I don't think Carrie has tried something similar to this before. But perhaps a partnering of this style with Liz Rose's might be something!

Concert Stars
    Gosh this is exciting! But I pray Carrie doesn't get upset that the song title leaked. Thank Goodness the song itself has not leaked. Honestly-- I hope it doesn't for Carrie's sake. She was really upset about Oklahoma Wind- and I don't blame her.
    CU4ever, oldyfan and rainbow1 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I would love Carrie putting out a song similar to Ben Daniels - acoustic with just her guitar - not necessarily a whole cd but would love one- she has such an awesome voice and I'm not sure we've had anything like this sound.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Gosh this is exciting! But I pray Carrie doesn't get upset that the song title leaked. Thank Goodness the song itself has not leaked. Honestly-- I hope it doesn't for Carrie's sake. She was really upset about Oklahoma Wind- and I don't blame her.
    but it has leaked.it's just not a wide spread leak yet.
    teesharky, CU4ever and rainbow1 like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    but it has leaked.it's just not a wide spread leak yet.
    But apparently, according to SteveIC "Cowboy Casanova" also "leaked". I think as long as the general public can't hear the song it should be okay.
    Hil, Smokyiiis, CU4ever and 3 others like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ yes I don't mind that Steve heard it. I just don't want it to leak to the public in general. He posted that he learned his lesson with Oklahoma Wind, so he won't be posting this publicly. Don't blame him.

Obsessed Carrie Fan MSCarriefan's Avatar
    Watch us all be speculating about the song and then she pulls one on us and announces she is pregnant this week....lol
    I am really interested in this title and maybe it means something polar opposite of Storyteller.Paint sounds emotional for some reason
    CU4ever likes this.

Concert Stars
    I don't know why, I really don't but "Paint" conjures images of Pink's "Try" for me in my head. Probably 90 degrees different! LOL

Hil
    Quote Originally Posted by MSCarriefan View Post
    Watch us all be speculating about the song and then she pulls one on us and announces she is pregnant this week....lol
    I am really interested in this title and maybe it means something polar opposite of Storyteller.Paint sounds emotional for some reason
    Yea, about that. So I see people on twitter tagging her in tweets saying she's pregnant. People do realize that's incredibly rude to ask/insinuate a person is pregnant, right?! It's not cute, or funny. It's basically like saying,hey, we think you look kinda fat. Incredibly dumb thing to do.

So, now that's off my chest...bring on the new single.

Concert Stars
    Exciting hearing all this stuff about 'Paint'! Hope we will be getting a lead single soon. I wonder what it is about, I can think of so many possibilities!
    oldyfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    I don't know why, I really don't but "Paint" conjures images of Pink's "Try" for me in my head. Probably 90 degrees different! LOL
    I immediately thought of "Oh Love, all the many colors that you're made of."

Junior Carrie Follower
    She needs something to sing at the cma awards
    Hil, CU4ever, teesharky and 5 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    Yea, about that. So I see people on twitter tagging her in tweets saying she's pregnant. People do realize that's incredibly rude to ask/insinuate a person is pregnant, right?! It's not cute, or funny. It's basically like saying,hey, we think you look kinda fat. Incredibly dumb thing to do.

So, now that's off my chest...bring on the new single.
    Thank you! Itís so rude and cruel to tweet and tag Carrie directly after an unflattering angle on a picture triumphantly telling her she is pregnant- aka they think she looks fat. People are so clueless they donít realize how rude and hurtful that is to any woman.
    Hil, oldyfan and rainbow1 like this.

Huge Carrie Follower carriethequeen's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    They posted a bit more on their official site

OCT 2017 NEW CARRIE STUDIO TRACK -- The IC has obtained a new studio track by Carrie Underwood entitled "Paint". This is a very high quality commerical-sounding song that could be meant as an upcoming single. We like it even better than any song on Storyteller, which was a great album.
    THIS IS SO EXCITING! And out of nowhere so I'm surprised. "Commercial-sounding" to me means pop-sounding. I would love to know who wrote it- we don't have this info yet right?

First The Champion, now Paint. It's exciting but tortuous at the same time to hear such high praise about these songs but have no idea when you'll actually get to hear them!
    Hil and rainbow1 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    "Paint" could be a horse (the two coloured ones - piebald or skewbald - are often called that, both as a name, and as a breed description).

This is actually an old Western trail song from the Nineteenth Century, sung here by Linda in the 1970s

rainbow1, Smokyiiis and glenn7 like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ ooh I like your Oh Love reference. It could be a metaphor about tying to paint an old barn or fence etc to make it look better- but still rotted on the inside. Or painting over old painful
    menories. Definitely an odd title bit intriguing.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by fan7 View Post
    She needs something to sing at the cma awards
    Is there a year since she started hosting the CMAs with Brad that she didn't perform anything of her own?Just curious.Unless she has some huge surprise up her sleeve as far as releasing a single before the CMAs,which I would be thrilled about,I just don't see that happening unless she's been in the studio working really hard on getting a song out before the CMAs.It COULD happen, but its a long shot in my mind.We may need her to sing something at the CMAs,but needs and wants are different as far as her music is concerned. We may WANT her to perform something on there, but we don't NEED her to unless she is actually ready to do so.I don't want to dash everyone's hopes, but I want Carrie to be ready on her terms when she says she's ready to release new music.Not all timing is perfect when it comes to releasing music and I'm sure that she wants the timing to be just right when it comes to opening the era off at her new record label.I just hope that I didn't sound TOO harsh on here.I don't want to offend people if they have their own opinion on when Carrie should release new music.I know that everyone's opinions vary on that subject around here!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Thank you! Itís so rude and cruel to tweet and tag Carrie directly after an unflattering angle on a picture triumphantly telling her she is pregnant- aka they think she looks fat. People are so clueless they donít realize how rude and hurtful that is to any woman.
    I never tag Carrie like that because I know that she likes to release any personal news of hers on her timetable and her own terms. I may speculate about it on here, but I try to not to do it on Twitter because I know that she might actually look at those tweets and take them the wrong way.It'll happen when it happens, whenever that may be.She's said its all on God's timing, and his timing looks A LOT different than what ours does, so I know that Carrie is probably letting God take the reins on this one!!I'll try and keep my restraint on this one so nothing slips out accidentally!!
    teesharky likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower carriethequeen's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Also, do we know anything about that title God Made Rainy Days? I hope that's a new one because Storyteller didn't have a spiritual track on it and I really want the next album to have a faith based song! God Made Rainy Days sound like to me it has a message of God knows what He's doing during our struggles in life and brings us through it. I would love to hear this song

New Carrie Fan
    Hi everyone didnít mean to cause any controversy or issues for Carrie. Just was wondering about the song title. Donít worry, I wonít allow the song to leak and it wonít be shared or traded with anyone. Iím very protective of my ultra rare songs. ďPaintĒ is a wonderful song and I really hope Carrie has big plans for releasing it. Itís a definite #1 and already a personal all-time favorite.

Oklahoma Wind was a long time ago. Please donít fault me for it. Didnít realize the significance at the time when sharing with a few fans. Iím still sad we never got a studio version. At least we have Jonís studio version.

•