Page 48 of 518 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
Like Tree36166Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

SteveIC can you came back please? Lol Don't leak the song but tell us something more, its a ballad, up tempo, country, pop country?

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    ^ Thanks! I'm just still hoping Storm Chaser somehow makes it on the album!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    He's reliable. I remember that user posting the first review for Cowboy Casanova at the fanclub.
    Okay, that's great! Really hoping something comes of it soon (my soon not Carrie's)!

Ty
    They posted a bit more on their official site

OCT 2017 NEW CARRIE STUDIO TRACK -- The IC has obtained a new studio track by Carrie Underwood entitled "Paint". This is a very high quality commerical-sounding song that could be meant as an upcoming single. We like it even better than any song on Storyteller, which was a great album.

^ Thanks! What site is that?

Concert Stars

OCT 2017 NEW CARRIE STUDIO TRACK -- The IC has obtained a new studio track by Carrie Underwood entitled "Paint". This is a very high quality commerical-sounding song that could be meant as an upcoming single. We like it even better than any song on Storyteller, which was a great album.
    Exciting!

Insane Carrie Fan

:O

That's really saying something. I wonder what it could be about? Now we need to go back through her social media posts and see if there are any hints about paint, lol!

Tee is going. to. flip.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    ^ Thanks! What site is that?
    Taylor Swift's Inner Circle (a fan site that collects rarities, unreleased tracks and song demos).

They also collect songs by a few other female artists of interest to their members, and have a list of Carrie songs they may have obtained (I have not used the site, and can't vouch for how it operates, but it includes a contact link for the administrators. As one member has posted here, they presumably don't mind us knowing about it - but as he didn't give a link, and they say they don't want any information from the site to be publicly reposted, I don't feel I should give a direct link here, but it can be found through search engines - which is how I found it!).

I do appreciate the poster saying that he made the "mistake" of sharing Oklahoma Wind with some people. He does realize that it wasn't a good move which is why he didn't share anything further than the name of this new song. Otherwise he could have. So we shouldn't dislike him for a mistake he made so long ago.

Concert Stars
    Can someone tell me what the mysterious post said? I missed it. Is there a new song title? Thanks.

Concert Stars

Ooh cool!! I wonder what it could be about? Actual painting in the literal sense? Or is it a metaphor? Like maybe it’s about painting a new house and fixing it up etc. Painting over old memories and starting new with a fresh coat? Haha who knows. It’s a strange title but it intrigues me.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    ^ ‘Paint’ is the title. It was sent to the guy who received CC 3 months before it was released. He said he also had the Oklahoma Wind demo before it started circulating (and may be to blame for that whole debacle). Nonetheless, seems reliable!!
    teesharky likes this.

If it's the one Liz Rose wrote, she co-wrote it with Benjamin A Daniel. Never heard that name before (unless he is known by some other name).

Edit: According to BMI, this is what they say about him.
    "BMI is proud to welcome Ben Daniel to its growing family. The singer/songwriter delivers solid country tunes with sly reverence and crying guitars. Daniel nails rural America (Country boys do drive Pontiacs!) without mocking the everyman, and his warm directness makes for unnervingly intimate ballads and laugh out loud rollicks. He’s a real life, bona fide hog farmer by day, rubbing elbows with the characters that color his songs. Authenticity and attention to detail set Daniel apart, while his obvious affection for vintage country cool plays nicely with his contemporary honky tonk sensibility."

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Um, I want to know more about this song!!!!! Although not so much that Carrie abandons it if it really is for the upcoming album, lol.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

On that IC site it was also indicated that they have the studio tracks "God Made Rainy Days" and "Perfect World". Were those originally for Storyteller?

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    There are several songs by Ben Daniel on YouTube - This is apparently a medley of some of his new ones
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgJlY6mHnqk

His solo work as a singer/songwriter doesn't immediately strike me as the sort of song I'd associate with Carrie (that's just an observation, though, not meant as a criticism, and I'm not trying to stereotype either him or Carrie into any particular style). The fact is that, unless or until we hear "Paint", which may have been co-written with a quite different concept in mind, we can't form any real idea of its sound or theme.

Ben writes for a publishing outfit owned by Byron Gallimore (who once had a chance to sign Carrie to an early record deal, but passed on her, in favour of Jessica Andrews)

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Um, I want to know more about this song!!!!! Although not so much that Carrie abandons it if it really is for the upcoming album, lol.
    might be enough out there already for her to abandon it

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    :O

That's really saying something. I wonder what it could be about? Now we need to go back through her social media posts and see if there are any hints about paint, lol!

Tee is going. to. flip.
    now that you mention it, I remember months ago Carrie posted a painting by Isaiah, something about red elmo is that right? Could it be the hint from Carrie? Please let it be true

I don't think Carrie has ever abandoned anything just by us speculating and talking about rumours. The reason she abandoned Oklahoma Wind was because we actually got to hear it.
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    On that IC site it was also indicated that they have the studio tracks "God Made Rainy Days" and "Perfect World". Were those originally for Storyteller?
    "Perfect World" had a really old registration number (somewhere near "Last Name") so I'm assuming it's from the CR era. It was written with Tom Douglas and Steve McEwan. The IC might have received the demo or something just recently.

Couldn't find "God Made Rainy Days" as a name of a song anywhere.
    Claire2004 and rainbow1 like this.

•