Page 479 of 487 FirstFirst ... 379429469477478479480481 ... LastLast
Results 9,561 to 9,580 of 9724
Like Tree34636Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Hil
    I think Drinking Alone should be next. It performed well on youtube and itunes. That Song is still my favorite "fun song" to listen to. It also did well streaming on spotify and is second on youtube.

Backsliding has slid up to some of my favorites to listen to. Not sure how I feel about it being selected as a single over those I mentioned. I gave a few of my cd's away and my friends seemed to like Drinking Alone the best at first listen. We'll see. I don't really care so long as the song performs well for her.

Obsessed Carrie Fan MSCarriefan's Avatar
    New Interview. Really good about how she views herself, about songwriting, growing and how last year impacted her. Low is in reference to her year last year and she seems so aware of herself and everything around her
    https://www.vulture.com/2018/11/carr...?utm_source=tw
    txacar, Hil, davistrn and 5 others like this.

Concert Stars
    ^Wonderful interview. Thanks for posting.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I guess I'm trying to think of which song will sell the most albums and get the most streams, not necessarily which one will get attention at country radio or please her country fans. I could easily see why Backsliding would be polarizing among her country fans, but I think pop fans and people who aren't already die-hard Carrie fans would love it. Plus Carrie must love it, because it surprised me that Backsliding was the song that made her want to work with Garcia as the producer for the album. We didn't get Chaser last era, so I think Backsliding would make up for that nicely, lol.

If they stretch this era out over a couple of years, we should have time to get Southbound, That Song, and DA as singles. GOTS may not be a single since she's already sung it on a talk show. Same for Spinning Bottles. I love Low, but I'm not sure it would resonate with the country audience any better than CP did. They don't seem to like sad, somber Carrie.
    I hope that is a joke! You can't compare the masterpiece Chaser with the filler Backsliding!?? Lol
    ethelu and Pitocco like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    I hope that is a joke! You can't compare the masterpiece Chaser with the filler Backsliding!?? Lol
    oh please,as Chaser lover Backsliding is more then up to the task

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Every song from Some Hearts to Carnival Ride to Play On to Blown Away to Greatest Hits (SITW and LTG) to Storyteller to Cry Pretty are totally different you can't compare them.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    Chaser is by far my favorite, but I wouldn't exactly call Backsliding filler! I think it would fit right in with the FGL, Sam Hunt, Kane Brown R&B style songs and crossover quite well! And I'm not saying I want to sacrifice DA as a single for Backsliding, but I can't help but think it has the best chance for a pop crossover if they will go there.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Obsessed Carrie Fan MSCarriefan's Avatar
    I was thinking today that I feel like we are going to have a Carrie-filled next 2 or 3 weeks then she will disappear until a few months after baby probably tour rehearsals.

Which won't seem long when you think about because this time next year, she might be really slowing down again since the tour ends Halloween or a few months away from doing so
    txacar and rainbow1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    oh please,as Chaser lover Backsliding is more then up to the task
    Enough of jokes!

Chaser is by far my favorite, but I wouldn't exactly call Backsliding filler! I think it would fit right in with the FGL, Sam Hunt, Kane Brown R&B style songs and crossover quite well! And I'm not saying I want to sacrifice DA as a single for Backsliding, but I can't help but think it has the best chance for a pop crossover if they will go there.
    I know, I was joking. But I do think that the problem with Backsliding is that it's too pop for country and not enough pop for pop. It feels dated, like a pop song from 13 years ago. Plus it's not even catchy but that is a personal opinion.

That Song or EUWY should smash hard if released, both sound more like today's pop sound.
    Smokyiiis likes this.

One of my problems with Backsliding is that it reminds me too much thematically of Lady A's "Need You Now", complete with an early morning time reference. Need You Now was a beast, and I just can't see Backsliding measuring up.

Hil
    Quote Originally Posted by maryleepj View Post
    One of my problems with Backsliding is that it reminds me too much thematically of Lady A's "Need You Now", complete with an early morning time reference. Need You Now was a beast, and I just can't see Backsliding measuring up.
    They don't remind me of each other AT ALL. I still would go with DA, That Song etc. I just feel those songs have more life. I do like backsliding, though.

But then I listen to backsliding and think it could do well. Maybe release DA, TS & backsliding. But then there's Low which is probably the best song Carrie's ever recorded, IMO.

(edit: sorry, I just saw you said thematically, I don't think most would compare though as Backsliding sounds so different)
    Last edited by Hil; 11-08-2018 at 09:33 PM.
    Smokyiiis, rainbow1 and Kizmet311 like this.

Concert Stars
    I love every song on this album! The only two I skip sometimes is SB and TB if I’m not particularly in the mood because those songs are so emotional for me I start crying!

It surprises me that people dont like backsliding?! The "2 AM picking up my phone..." line is constantly stuck in my head and I lovee the way she sings the last chorus as she changes it up from the previous choruses. Idk I think it could be a hit.

And also DA is a smash and needs to be the next single to kick off the tour
    HuiZ, jaks_weyn, maddkat and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymiee View Post
    It surprises me that people dont like backsliding?! The "2 AM picking up my phone..." line is constantly stuck in my head and I lovee the way she sings the last chorus as she changes it up from the previous choruses. Idk I think it could be a hit.

And also DA is a smash and needs to be the next single to kick off the tour
    I am surprised too! Backsliding is so catchy and the hook is so instant to me. Her vocals are amazing on it too and the topic I am sure plenty of people could relate to it. Has all the makings of a smash hit imo.

Both Backsliding and DA are smashes waiting to happen!

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    So, even though my favorite songs on CP are probably Low, DA, and That Song, I just have this feeling that maybe Backsliding should be a single. Possibly the next one. I feel like even though the others are my favorites, Backsliding just seems to get stuck in my head the most. Plus, it has that R&B flair that so many popular country songs do nowadays - especially the ones that crossover. Also, I have a coworker to whom I gifted a copy of CP and when I was riding with her soon after she said she had found a "couple" songs she liked. She flipped through to play one for me and to my surprise, the song she played was backsliding. She's a huge Dierks fan (although she has also been known to like FGL) so I was really surprised that she went for one of the most pop/R&B songs on the album as one she liked. I just can't help that think Backsliding may have the biggest mass appeal of the songs on CP. After that, I wouldn't mind having That Song or Southbound as a single and then maybe DA next fall/winter?
    Agree with this as well... Melody-wise the beat is so good.. and the first part of that chorus instantly sticks in your head... BS resonated to my brother who is forced to listen to Carrie (hehehe) along with TC and That song...

TS is also another one that can potentially be a hit and an instant crossover... it did well in the digital space, and One of the easy-to-listen to songs.. it's upbeat, happy and catchy...

of course, I would love to see DA or GOTS released... i don't know how DA will perform but it did well in youtube and iTunes... and it's a brillint song in almost all aspects... GOTS is another sing-a-long easy song and that dropbeat is just awesome! But not sure if it will do well... it might end up similar to CP and LW based on its performance during release week...
    Kizmet311 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan carriefan14's Avatar
    I am not sure that Low will be a single, now that Carrie has said what she said of it in the Vulture interview. Also, not sure that i want it to be a single if it reminds her of 2017.

Drinking Alone, all things considered, I think should be single number 3 next March. Even though the irony of releasing a song called Drinking Alone after having a baby is pretty funny.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    She probably has the next single planned she just haven't say anything about it until next year.

Hil
    It's not that I don't like backsliding, it's grown on me. I definitely think it's a grower. It's the fact that I think they need to release Drinking Alone next and they probably should follow it up with a lighter song, which would leave Southbound or That Song. I actually like them both, but That Song is my favorite "fun song" Carrie has ever recorded, and it's done much better on youtube. That leaves one more song if they go for a fifth single. I'd hate for Low not get a chance for a Grammy, because it has Grammy all over it. Can you submit a song to the Grammy's if you don't release it? Anyway, if they don't release it then I'd send backsliding to radio. Backsliding would probably do better at radio than Low anyway.
    ethelu, hjj, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Backsliding is growing on me but not favorite. The part where she sang nobody else reminds me so much of Taylor Swift, therefore messes it up for me, lol. I have become more use to it now but still bugs me.

•