Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 44 of 204 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
Like Tree14417Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Concert Stars
    I like this alot. haha I am just bummed that she will miss the Grammy cutoff date if a late Fall release happens past 9/30- which is likely. But oh well. There is always next year.

Quote Originally Posted by tgbrinker View Post
    I'm hoping Q1 2018 is actually going to happen.

Lead Single:
    Sun/Mon Oct 29/30 - Billboard/Mediabase Announce Lead Single out Friday, on desks now, official adds next Monday
    Fri Nov 3 - Download and Lyric Video out
    Mon Nov 6 - Radio Add Date
    Nov 8 - Live debut at the opening or closing of the CMA awards
    **HCS #1?
    Peak End of January, TV performance at Grammys Jan 28
    **Radio #1, HCS #1 again?

CU 6 Album out Friday Feb 2nd

Single #2: The Champion
    Feb 4 Superbowl - Social Media surprise Single Announcement, Album promo, Download and Lyric Video, Radio Adds all immediately after debut at Superbowl (live or pre-recorded)
    Peaks late April (11-12 weeks), a couple weeks after ACMs (April 1 or 8) w/ Performance

Single #3: Out just before and live debut at Billboard Awards (May 20?)

Huge Carrie Follower

Quote Originally Posted by tgbrinker View Post
    I'm hoping Q1 2018 is actually going to happen.

Lead Single:
    Sun/Mon Oct 29/30 - Billboard/Mediabase Announce Lead Single out Friday, on desks now, official adds next Monday
    Fri Nov 3 - Download and Lyric Video out
    Mon Nov 6 - Radio Add Date
    Nov 8 - Live debut at the opening or closing of the CMA awards
    **HCS #1?
    Peak End of January, TV performance at Grammys Jan 28
    **Radio #1, HCS #1 again?

CU 6 Album out Friday Feb 2nd

Single #2: The Champion
    Feb 4 Superbowl - Social Media surprise Single Announcement, Album promo, Download and Lyric Video, Radio Adds all immediately after debut at Superbowl (live or pre-recorded)
    Peaks late April (11-12 weeks), a couple weeks after ACMs (April 1 or 8) w/ Performance

Single #3: Out just before and live debut at Billboard Awards (May 20?)
    Iím going to try & be rational about this timeline.It may backfire,but Iím going to try my hardest here.I know we can speculate all that we want on here & itís encouraged to do so,but in order for this timeline to really have some plausibility here,I have a lot going on inside my head about this so here goes nothing.Are these dates you came up with or is this how you want things to go?Is this a flexible timeline that is subject to change in case something happens in Carrieís personal life that dates would need to be changed?In order for a single to be coming out in the next few weeks,she would have to have a single picked out,already recorded,produced & mixed & on radio programmers desks really soon.It could happen,knowing Carrie,but to me,itís quite a long shot for that to actually happen within the next few weeks.If that part of the timeline changes or doesnít happen,the whole timeline would be off & not make any sense at all & would need to be scrapped.Iím not trying to start any arguments here,Iím just asking questions that pop up somewhere along the line.If life was perfect with no hiccups,this timeline could work.But since itís not,I have a hard time seeing that this timeline could work without any problems.I tried to be rational,but I donít know if it worked or not.

^ Honestly, don't read that much into our speculation here. That timeline is purely what they believe could be plausible, or a wish list for themselves. Nothing more.

Even though a co-write being registered has no meaning to her albums, or for someone elses, I am purely happy that this shows she is indeed writing (and writing good since they are registering it!) and potentially means the album is further along than she is letting on or we even realised.

God I can wait for new music.

I realised today my personal problem I have with Carrie going too far down a country route. For me, Carrie has always been my favourite artist and I loved her sitting on the fence of country and pop (Contemporary Country) bringing me further into a genre I generally steer completely away from, but unfortunately don't really like any other country artists. However I fear if she shifts too far into the Country genre/sound she will start losing myself as a fan purely because I really don't enjoy that pure country sound of music, and just wish for a voice like hers she could go more universal, not necessarily pop but pave her own way for stardom. Selfish I know, but I really could not enjoy that sound.
    txacar and lolita55 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    Barry Dean (who's listed as a co-writer of "Dirt Dance Floor") worked with Carrie once before - on "Crazy Dreams" - a song which can be thought of as semi-autobiographical, in that it refers to her pursuit of her early dreams, and her identification with the hopes of her fans, and which makes clever references to traditional Mountain string music. I regard that song as one of Carrie's most successful early co-writes.
    Exactly what do you mean by "clever references to traditional Mountain string music"? And is there a song or instrumental of Mountain string music that you can give for general comparison as to what it sounds like?
    lolita55 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    Iím going to try & be rational about this timeline.It may backfire,but Iím going to try my hardest here.I know we can speculate all that we want on here & itís encouraged to do so,but in order for this timeline to really have some plausibility here,I have a lot going on inside my head about this so here goes nothing.Are these dates you came up with or is this how you want things to go?Is this a flexible timeline that is subject to change in case something happens in Carrieís personal life that dates would need to be changed?In order for a single to be coming out in the next few weeks,she would have to have a single picked out,already recorded,produced & mixed & on radio programmers desks really soon.It could happen,knowing Carrie,but to me,itís quite a long shot for that to actually happen within the next few weeks.If that part of the timeline changes or doesnít happen,the whole timeline would be off & not make any sense at all & would need to be scrapped.Iím not trying to start any arguments here,Iím just asking questions that pop up somewhere along the line.If life was perfect with no hiccups,this timeline could work.But since itís not,I have a hard time seeing that this timeline could work without any problems.I tried to be rational,but I donít know if it worked or not.
    That timeline is just what that member wants/wishes would happen. There is no reason to read so much into it. We have no official news on anything, so everyone just spends the time waiting on the next album wondering about possible scenarios and enjoys reading all the speculation and searching for clues. You will find your conversations here will go much more smoothly if you don't take every post in this thread so seriously and stop questioning the other members for every piece of speculation they post. Speculation is all we're going to have for a while.
    txacar, rainbow1, lolita55 and 1 others like this.
    "Thank you for that ĎCaptain Obviousí sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the Ďrightí notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    No, it didn't worked... lol
    adam1995, rainbow1 and lolita55 like this.

Huge Carrie Follower

Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    That timeline is just what that member wants/wishes would happen. There is no reason to read so much into it. We have no official news on anything, so everyone just spends the time waiting on the next album wondering about possible scenarios and enjoys reading all the speculation and searching for clues. You will find your conversations here will go much more smoothly if you don't take every post in this thread so seriously and stop questioning the other members for every piece of speculation they post. Speculation is all we're going to have for a while.
    Sorry if I keep reading into everything.I seem to have a habit of doing that a lot lately on here & I deeply apologize.I have autism & I tend to take things literally with everything in my life,including everything Carrie related & this is no different apparently.I will try to take the speculation on here less seriously from now on & try to take it in stride!!I might even join in on the speculation once in awhile,you never know!!

Concert Stars
    It's too quiet again. haha It seems like we get grumpy when it's too dang quiet. I wish we had something coming this Fall- even a new Christmas song-- or the DVD- or a collab with someone etc. That's why I hope the Luke Bryan rumor is true...but it could be someone else. I am probably just wishful thinking.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    It's too quiet again. haha It seems like we get grumpy when it's too dang quiet. I wish we had something coming this Fall- even a new Christmas song-- or the DVD- or a collab with someone etc. That's why I hope the Luke Bryan rumor is true...but it could be someone else. I am probably just wishful thinking.
    Is it a rumor? Or have we just made it a rumor? Haha! I know it's a duet with a female, but I don't rememebwr hearing a rumor about Carrie. I hope so though!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by countrymusicfan15 View Post
    Is it a rumor? Or have we just made it a rumor? Haha! I know it's a duet with a female, but I don't rememebwr hearing a rumor about Carrie. I hope so though!!
    All we know is that he has said there is a duet with a female on his new album. It's just speculation/wishful thinking that it might be Carrie. He actually didn't say that it was a country female artist, so it could even be someone from outside the genre.

I think the Carrie speculation makes sense because they are on the same label now and she recently sang with him at his concert, but it is purely speculation. We have no idea, really.
    lolita55, oldyfan and teesharky like this.
    "Thank you for that ĎCaptain Obviousí sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the Ďrightí notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    Ahhh I hope so!!!
    lolita55 likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Well she just posted on Instagram that she has background vocals on Matthew Wests new album. The song is called Somethng Greater. Pretty good! Enjoy hearing Carries voice

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    In relation to the SITW news, i listened to High Life again, and I hope that we hear Carrie with her church-like ad libs in her songs.. love that part in High Life!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yXX3wSfNQGQ

PS: missing Chick-Fil-A and thosw waffle fries!
    rainbow1, teesharky and oldyfan like this.

I don't want to get crazy excited BUT...

Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 11.42.31.jpg

Insane Carrie Fan
    It was about being at the Opry.
    Kizmet311 and oldyfan like this.

Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    It was about being at the Opry.
    There is a 14 second snippet of carrie and reba singing "Does he love you" ....The vocals were OUT OF THIS WORLD..Two country greats! I would love for carrie to release a song with reba or jennifer nettles or both.

Junior Carrie Follower

album

Quote Originally Posted by countrymusicfan15 View Post

Why would she record a new album if she won't be touring. Since speculation is she is pregnant

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cindy27 View Post
    Why would she record a new album if she won't be touring. Since speculation is she is pregnant
    Oh I was just referring to the possible Luke Bryan duet

Concert Stars
    Oh god please tell me the pregnant rumors are not back again. So annoying. I cannot take it anymore.

And even if she does get pregnant, that does not prohibit her from at least releasing new music in Q1 or Q2 as you are not an invalid. My goodness. Most pregnant women work up to their 8th month. Carrie sure did last time.

Every time she wears a puffy dress or is shot from a weird angle, people think she is pregnant. How many times is this going to happen before people give it up already? Eventually- she will be pregnant for real again, but until then, it's odd that this is all people focus on, like they are looking at nothing but her tummy.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cindy27 View Post
    No offense to you, but people have been speculating she is pregnant since shortly after Isaiah was born. lol By now, if every rumor was true, she would have had at least 2 more babies since her first born. lol

And why would she not release a new album even if pregnant? She could delay the tour if she wanted, but there is no need to delay an album. You don't have to tour immediately upon release of an album. She could take a few months off and tour later.

•