Page 42 of 525 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
Like Tree36383Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]30949

Well I can't think of any new song to compare....lol. So I checked and LWYMD (by taytay) has BMI work number of 25215544 and Dirt Dance Floor of 25223515 so its very very new.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ newly registered does not necessarily mean a new song.Could have been written years ago.Perhaps it was registered because someone else was interested in recording it.

interesting title.Can't get too excited about it though because from what I recall of all the co writes we got before ST none made the cd.
    lolita55 and Carrieslegs84 like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^Very true, but hopefully it means they are writing and the process of song selection is beginning. It's a good sign I'd say, right?
    rainbow1, lolita55 and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    Admittedly don't know much about the actual process once a song is written. How soon does it have to be registered if a person is recording it?
    lolita55 likes this.

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    Typo over at Pulse found a new co-write:

New co-write title:

"Dirt Dance Floor" - Barry Dean, Luke Laird, Carrie Underwood

http://pulsemusic.proboards.com/post/6275032/thread
    Yaaaaay! I'll take anything new..
    For some reason, I remember HB from this title..
    Wonder if it's a love song
    lolita55 likes this.

Concert Stars
    There seems to be something a bit strange with that listing. There is no mention of it being published by Carrie Okie Music, which her co writes have always been.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I noticed that as well Ron. But then I kinda decided that maybe the image got cutoff so it didn't appear?????????
    lolita55 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^ newly registered does not necessarily mean a new song.Could have been written years ago.Perhaps it was registered because someone else was interested in recording it.

interesting title.Can't get too excited about it though because from what I recall of all the co writes we got before ST none made the cd.
    And those were some of the best titles too
    rainbow1 and lolita55 like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post

Yes could be, but if I compose a song the only proof that I own that song is to register it as soon as possible, not to suffer any possible copyright infringement issues.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Poe View Post
    Yes could be, but if I compose a song the only proof that I own that song is to register it as soon as possible, not to suffer any possible copyright infringement issues.
    good rule but Carrie doesn't follow it. We just got two new registers in August that were written for the ST era.
    lolita55 and oldyfan like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Registering, or not registering, a song you've written can depend on how you balance the factors involved. While it's true that registering it gives the writer and publisher additional copyright protection - (and although copyright does exist in any creative work, whether registered or not, it can be difficult to prove an original work in court if you haven't registered it ) - this has to be weighed against whether you think anyone you don't trust has had access to it. Partly, too, it depends on whether you are mainly a songwriter, or mainly a performing artist who also writes. Once you register it, there is a chance that anyone might apply for a compulsory licence to perform it. If you are a performing artist yourself, and think there is a chance you may use it, and want that use to be exclusive, you may prefer not to announce its existence by having it registered.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by lizcarlo View Post
    Carrie will always be one of the Queens in country like Dolly, Patsy, Reba ect. She obviously has amazing voice, pushes herself, interesting song subjects, has star quality, sells her music on talent alone, does fun stuff like (TSOML, quality Calia, Frank Sinatra Tribute, SNF ect), hardworking, relatable personality (for me lol) ect..

Carrie did do beautiful performances while pregnant. She is so magnificent. I'm posting All Is Well because love this one she did while pregnant.

I am so excited for when next era happens.
    Not sure why this hit me today but I am sitting here wiping tears away......... I think its because when she sings a simple melody like this with a simple message of peace on earth because her savior has come, its just breathtaking in its sincerity and its confidence and strength of conviction. This is why I love when she sings inspirational music. She believes it!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I listen to this song and watch this video ALL YEAR AGO!!!! It's message and beauty is meaningful all year long not just Christmas!!!!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    Didn't the songwriting pitch from a few weeks ago say something to the extent of deeper songs with deeper lyrics?I thought that this was a place where I could freely express my opinions without getting ganged up on,but I thought wrong apparently.As humans were allowed to have doubts,because that is a part of life & we all have had doubts at one time or another,haven't we?Where am I supposed to express my doubts if I can't do it on here?I thought we all had a right to free speech in this country,but I'm guessing that doesn't extend to this board,does it?This may be the last time I post on here if I can't express my opinions.I really don't think anyone would miss me on here.BTW,if she wants deeper songs on this next album,why would she choose a song title that sounds as surface level as the shallow end of a swimming pool.
    You don't need to stop posting. We can express our opinions, but we have to agree to disagree. We can debate, but most of the time we are not going to change the other person's mind. Also, if anyone disagrees with anyone else, neither one should take it personally.

As to the title of the song being shallow, a title can be deceiving. I never would have guessed Little Toy Guns would be such a deep song judging just by the title. Dirt Dance Floor could be a fun song, or it could be a love song or something entirely different.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    That is why I hope they put some great thought into when she does a Christmas CD and do it with inspirational songs or hymns..

Lets face it the spirit moves her and she of course can move mountains with her vocal instrument......
    txacar, Gator, Smokyiiis and 1 others like this.

Barry Dean (who's listed as a co-writer of "Dirt Dance Floor") worked with Carrie once before - on "Crazy Dreams" - a song which can be thought of as semi-autobiographical, in that it refers to her pursuit of her early dreams, and her identification with the hopes of her fans, and which makes clever references to traditional Mountain string music. I regard that song as one of Carrie's most successful early co-writes.

Barry often works with Lori McKenna - this is an example of a song he wrote with Lori and Liz Rose

[edit] Further to the above, I've thought of a song which both the two co-writers (Barry Dean and Luke Laird) wrote together with another female artist. I suspect some might reject it, because she's one of the Pistol Annies, who aren't popular with some fans here - but if you can get past that, I think it's a song that would certainly meet the hope for more depth, Angaleena ("Holler Annie") says this song comes from a time when she was ready to quit the music business, but decided to surrender to what God had in store for her - and great things happened which changed her life beyond her expectations. Her solo album, on which she later included this track, "American Middle Class", is, in my opinion, one of the most outstanding Country albums of the last few years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOPt7kot7rA
    Last edited by Farawayhills; 09-19-2017 at 03:47 PM.
    ethelu, txacar, lizcarlo and 5 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    Barry Dean (who's listed as a co-writer of "Dirt Dance Floor") worked with Carrie once before - on "Crazy Dreams" - a song which can be thought of as semi-autobiographical, in that it refers to her pursuit of her early dreams, and her identification with the hopes of her fans, and which makes clever references to traditional Mountain string music. I regard that song as one of Carrie's most successful early co-writes.

Barry often works with Lori McKenna - this is an example of a song he wrote with Lori and Liz Rose

Love this. There is something almost Appalachian about it. I do wish Carrie had more confidence in the way people respond to her voice and allow herself to record at least some titles similar to this that require no great gymnastics just straight forward storytelling with your stylized singing ability. Carries voice is made for this. I just feel sometimes that she is feeling forced to make 1# hits. And not always just very pleasing music.

Quote Originally Posted by lizcarlo View Post
    Carrie will always be one of the Queens in country like Dolly, Patsy, Reba ect. She obviously has amazing voice, pushes herself, interesting song subjects, has star quality, sells her music on talent alone, does fun stuff like (TSOML, quality Calia, Frank Sinatra Tribute, SNF ect), hardworking, relatable personality (for me lol) ect..

Carrie did do beautiful performances while pregnant. She is so magnificent. I'm posting All Is Well because love this one she did while pregnant.

I am so excited for when next era happens.
    😭😍😊 I've heard this one several times before, but always struck by it. So pretty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior Carrie Follower carolinagirl's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by ethelu View Post
    And Carrie was promoting SITW while pregnant:

You reminded me that I loved Carrie's performance of Change and SITW at the World Aids day event in NY:

This is So Beautiful!! I love This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    ethelu, rainbow1, lizcarlo and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    I noticed that as well Ron. But then I kinda decided that maybe the image got cutoff so it didn't appear?????????
    I've checked - but the image is as the original appears (no mention of Carrie Okie - though it does say there are other publishing rights, not handled by them). Unless Carrie's recently moved her publishing to a different rights management company, I can't explain it.

I haven't followed the registration information recently, but glancing at it now - these three songs appear to have registration numbers later than the Storyteller songs (though as others have pointed out, that is not necessarily significant). Apologies if these are in fact old, or have been discussed before.

"Forever Ends" (Carrie, Luke Laird, David Zachary Molloy)
    One thing that struck me is that some of the rights in this song belong to a UMG subsidiary (but that would only be of possible significance if it does turn out to be new)
    Zac Molloy is an Oklahoman, who helped write "Temporary Home"

"Save It" (Carrie, Ashley Gorley, Claude Kelly)

"Storm Chaser" (Carrie, Ashley Gorley, Claude Kelly)

Like Luke Laird, Ashley Gorley has been a quite frequent collaborator with Carrie.
    Claude Kelly has worked with Country artists, but is probably more associated with Pop, Dance & R & B styles.
    This is an example of his co-writing with Martina McBride (which I'm afraid seems too Mainstream for my personal tastes, but opinions obviously may vary)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftmGjbv982Y
    teesharky, rainbow1 and glenn7 like this.

•