Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Country singles:
    3. Low
    4. Drinking Alone
    5. Southbound (summer single)

Pop/HAC singles:
    1. Backsliding
    2. That Song That We Used To Make Love To
    CarrieAddicted, CU4ever and Hil like this.

Concert Stars
    I can't stress enough that Low and SPINNING BOTTLES must be singles. So must GOTS. After that ya'll can have your summer fun. LOL

I am surprised so many think Southbound should be a single. I know it would be good for summer, but there are so many stronger and more interesting songs. And If there are only 3 singles left, then I hope Southbound is not single.
    Kizmet311, rainbow1 and ethelu like this.

Junior Carrie Follower SpringsCarrieFan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I love the album. I will say I don't think it's her best album just because of a few details. I'll get to those in a second. Ghosts on the Stereo. Words cannot describe how much I love this song. Love Wins and Drinking Alone are up there too. I really think love wins should have been the lead single. Cry Pretty was a good song, but I just don't feel it's single worthy and I think many people feel that way. Most of the songs on the album easily would have been better singles. Spinning Bottles is my least favorite. I didn't feel this one. This is why this isn't the best album for me. My favorite album doesn't have one song on it that I don't feel. Finally, the champion. It is a really good song but I feel like it doesn't belong on the album. It breaks the flow of the other songs. It just doesn't fit. I understand that it's a bonus track, but I still think it doesn't work. Like I said though, a very solid album. I'm not disappointed at all. My rating out of 10 stars. 9/10

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    I can't stress enough that Low and SPINNING BOTTLES must be singles. So must GOTS. After that ya'll can have your summer fun. LOL
    The most traditional sounding, yes for sure....... Great song..... The production and the haunting feel from her voice... The song is everything.......
    Smokyiiis and ethelu like this.

Junior Carrie Follower SpringsCarrieFan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane-Alex View Post
    I am surprised so many think Southbound should be a single. I know it would be good for summer, but there are so many stronger and more interesting songs. And If there are only 3 singles left, then I hope Southbound is not single.
    There would only be 2 left I think unless she's going to break tradition and do 5 singles instead of 4. Love Wins is the second single.
    CU4ever likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    Singles:
    - Drinking Alone
    - Low
    - Spinning Bottles
    - The Bullet

Yes, yes, I know, I probably won't be getting what I want for the singles lol.
    The only Carrie albums that I didn’t complain about single choices were Carnival Ride and Blown Away.
    Sure, I would have released more off of them: IKYW and GOOTT off of CR, and WAY off of BA, but at least all the single choices from those two albums were correct.

Meanwhile, all others suffered from wrong choices (especially Storyteller, which traumatized me). Yes, even CP: listening to the album now, CP the song was a wrong choice as lead.
    CU4ever and melvinc like this.

Concert Stars
    Spinning Bottles is so emotional! I can’t listen to that song and not just cry! I’m loving GOTS, Low, DA, Southbound, EUWY, and Kingdom! This whole album is amazing but those are just my current favorites!

Quote Originally Posted by SpringsCarrieFan View Post
    There would only be 2 left I think unless she's going to break tradition and do 5 singles instead of 4. Love Wins is the second single.
    I am hoping its 5, not 4 : (
    rainbow1 and ethelu like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I hope they go for more singles as well......

Junior Carrie Follower montdu39's Avatar
    I think Carrie will more than likely take a longer break after this album, so I hope they pull a Shania and keep releasing songs off this album. They are all worthy of being singles. If we only get two more singles, I think Low or DA should be released to showcase her growth and maturity. But I also think maybe they can release singles simultaneously to country and HAC. If the goal was to broaden her fan base and reach different people, you would think they’d want to release That Song or Backsliding to radio, no?
    Kizmet311, rainbow1 and quincyeyes like this.

Man, I can get high just listening to Low!

Many times I’m just shaking my head at the sheer brilliance of Carrie’s vocals and this body of work. I’ve heard the whole album twice and it’s interesting to discover, with each listen, the subtleties in Carrie’s delivery of the songs. This album is worth many, many more listens.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAddicted View Post
    The only Carrie albums that I didn’t complain about single choices were Carnival Ride and Blown Away.
    Sure, I would have released more off of them: IKYW and GOOTT off of CR, and WAY off of BA, but at least all the single choices from those two albums were correct.

Meanwhile, all others suffered from wrong choices (especially Storyteller, which traumatized me). Yes, even CP: listening to the album now, CP the song was a wrong choice as lead.
    I have to disagree because I feel like Carrie needed that catharsis first and foremost before she could release her remaining songs to radio. I think that was the beginning of the end of a traumatic year for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane-Alex View Post

We have been waiting for a fun song to be released as a single like for ever, if she doesn't release Southbound next summer I will un stan! Lol

Carrieslegs84: no I will not unstan for that, it's a joke.
    HuiZ, CU4ever and Josh like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Ok, I'm such a sap I just teared up reading the 'thank yous'!!!!!!
    HuiZ and rainbow1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    Exactly how I feel as well.

Very beautiful production, but I feel it's a little too "happy"/peaceful. Sort of mismatched with the powerful sad lyrics.
    I too feel a sense of disconnect between the seriousness of the Bullet’s message and the laid back vibe of the song. Perhaps this mirrors what is going on in the world today where the frequency of such terrible events, perhaps those that haven’t affect us directly, have made us sort of immune to them. It that is the intention of the production, then it is making a statement stylistically.
    HuiZ, rainbow1 and Josh like this.

Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    We have been waiting for a fun song to be released as a single like for ever, if she doesn't release Southbound next summer I will un stan! Lol

Carrieslegs84: no I will not unstan for that, it's a joke.
    I guess it depends on person, because I don't need a fun song. And If there are really only two singles left then I would prefer DA, Low or Spinning Bottles or GOTS,...
    txacar, rainbow1 and ethelu like this.

Does anybody have this booklet? So far I only saw photos of that one with lyrics.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BmTvBi8F...arrieunderwood

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Can you put the Cracker Barrel interview in the radio interview thread? I know it's not a radio interview, but it will get lost in this thread! It will be easier to find over there. Thanks!
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by luxoricious View Post
    That Opry Stage thing will be streamed somewhere???
    Live at 1:00 on the Nash FM stations - definitely on Nash 94.7 (I think that's right), which is the New York station.
    Josh, Smokyiiis and rainbow1 like this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

•