Page 39 of 525 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast
Like Tree36383Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by kelanob View Post
    She is not doing the Superbowl. They wouldn't be debuting an opening song there AND the halftime show. I could be wrong, but that seems incredibly unlikely. I could see her debuting a lead single at the CMAs and releasing the album around the time of the Superbowl (with The Champion being included on a deluxe version of the album). I don't think it's been a really well kept secret that she's further than she is letting on. Artists keep that news to themselves now and this release has a ton of attention around it because of the label switch, so I'm sure they're taking every precaution to make sure news and information does not leak. Even the fact they had that posting looking for songs indicated to me that they had a solid body of work together, but they were looking for one or two songs to fill a gap that they were missing. I expect we'll get some news in October, which is only two weeks away.
    I honestly don't see her doing the Super Bowl either.This news is the only buzz she's getting right now & they probably want someone who has a lot of buzz right now,who's at the top of their game & actually has a project coming out within the span of a month and a half,not 3 or 4 months from now like we're thinking for a new release from Carrie.There's only one person right now who has so much surrounding them that it's basically impossible to ignore it :Taylor Swift.Carrie just doesn't have enough buzz right now to qualify her to do the halftime show even though we all want it so badly.I want her to do the halftime show,but I just don't think now is the right time to do it,imo.Why would Carrie lie to us about how far she is in her songwriting?I just don't see the need for her to lie to us unless she truly thinks the project itself isn't perfect or it hasn't come together like she's wanted it to.Also,why would the label keep something such a huge secret?What would their benefit be from doing that?Is it such a huge secret that they're going to risk keeping such a tight lid on any news about Carrie's new music when it would probably get leaked anyways?Just airing out thoughts in my head & not trying to start any arguments here.To me it's a healthy dose of skepticism because I'm not really sure what to believe here.

Huge Carrie Follower
    That's not necessarily true. I won't be able to find them now, but in previous "for your consideration" ads we've seen, Ann's The HQ has typically been listed. Just because Sony MIGHT not push for a nomination of the song, doesn't mean Carrie's team and even her new label couldn't. Regardless of who the song was released under, UMG could campaign for a nomination as it would ultimately benefit them and hype up the news of the switch (11 months later) with a nomination and possible win. I wouldn't rule a nomination out quite yet.
    No. A label wouldn't push a song released under another label for a major nomination.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by prettylittlemustang View Post
    No. A label wouldn't push a song released under another label for a major nomination.
    Voting members of the Recording Academy can submit nominations. Ann Edelblute is an industry professional which qualifies her to vote. She could submit Carrie's song.
    ethelu, rainbow1, liz278 and 4 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    I honestly don't see her doing the Super Bowl either.This news is the only buzz she's getting right now & they probably want someone who has a lot of buzz right now,who's at the top of their game & actually has a project coming out within the span of a month and a half,not 3 or 4 months from now like we're thinking for a new release from Carrie.There's only one person right now who has so much surrounding them that it's basically impossible to ignore it :Taylor Swift.Carrie just doesn't have enough buzz right now to qualify her to do the halftime show even though we all want it so badly.I want her to do the halftime show,but I just don't think now is the right time to do it,imo.Why would Carrie lie to us about how far she is in her songwriting?I just don't see the need for her to lie to us unless she truly thinks the project itself isn't perfect or it hasn't come together like she's wanted it to.Also,why would the label keep something such a huge secret?What would their benefit be from doing that?Is it such a huge secret that they're going to risk keeping such a tight lid on any news about Carrie's new music when it would probably get leaked anyways?Just airing out thoughts in my head & not trying to start any arguments here.To me it's a healthy dose of skepticism because I'm not really sure what to believe here.
    Carrie doesn't lie to us. She is just very quiet until she feels the time is right to announce it. The label isn't keeping a secret. They recently projected the album to be released 1st qtr. 2018. UMG/Capitol Nashville is a huge corporation and probably have their own timetable. They know how to roll out an album and we'll see lots of promotion when they are ready.

As for Carrie buzz, she performs for an average of 18 million viewers on SNF every Sunday night and frequently trends on twitter and the internet in general. I agree that she probably won't get the SB halftime slot this year and I think this would have been her best chance. NBC is the broadcast network and they love Carrie, as does the NFL. There can never be enough Carrie for me, but I think opening plus half time performance might appear to be too much of a good thing to the powers that be. Carrie is a great, great live performer. Will be a shame if she never has the opportunity to perform on this huge world stage (depriving millions of the opportunity to experience her tremendous talent). Fingers and toes crossed that I am wrong.
    rainbow1, liz278, Suellen and 4 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan carriefan14's Avatar
    Kelsea Ballerini may have been able to score her 3 number ones or whatever, but that a superstar does not make. She's still very young - 22 or 23, and already married?? - and from what I've seen she isn't near at the maturity level Carrie was at 22. Her vocals also are not near as strong. Don't forget - Gretchen Wilson was supposed to be a huge female country artist - where did she go? Same goes for Kellie Pickler and even Lauren Alaina it's taken her a few years to finally get some recognition.

Artists like Carrie come around every once in a while and stick around for decades. I think she and Miranda Lambert will continue to be the dominating women of country for several more years to come, because no one has come around quite on their level yet. Carrie can sing anything, anything, anything and somehow just appeals to all age groups. They call it an X factor. From what I have seen of Kelsea and Maren Morris, I just think personality wise and vocally they need to mature a good bit to compete with her.
    teesharky, rainbow1 and ethelu like this.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Someday someone will take the crown from Carrie. That is just the way things work out. Gretchen was going gangbusters before Carrie appear on scene and Miranda gained some traction as well. Martina lost her popularity and radio/album presence shortly thereafter. Faith has not been heard from since "what". I am not anywhere near Carrie not being prevalent but it will happen and maybe when we are not even looking. I think she will be our no. 1 for ever how long she is putting out music or performinng. I am hoping she is the female George Srait and of course Reba and Dolly careers would not be too bad either.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    Voting members of the Recording Academy can submit nominations. Ann Edelblute is an industry professional which qualifies her to vote. She could submit Carrie's song.
    Music is still under Sony, though. Carrie would likely want a fresh start.
    lolita55 likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    Someday someone will take the crown from Carrie. That is just the way things work out. Gretchen was going gangbusters before Carrie appear on scene and Miranda gained some traction as well. Martina lost her popularity and radio/album presence shortly thereafter. Faith has not been heard from since "what". I am not anywhere near Carrie not being prevalent but it will happen and maybe when we are not even looking. I think she will be our no. 1 for ever how long she is putting out music or performinng. I am hoping she is the female George Srait and of course Reba and Dolly careers would not be too bad either.
    Carrie will always have a career, much like most musicians, but yeah, there will come a day when she no longer gets radio hits.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by carriefan14 View Post
    I think she and Miranda Lambert will continue to be the dominating women of country for several more years to come, because no one has come around quite on their level yet. Carrie can sing anything, anything, anything and somehow just appeals to all age groups. They call it an X factor. From what I have seen of Kelsea and Maren Morris, I just think personality wise and vocally they need to mature a good bit to compete with her.
    That's because radio sucks and won't truly develop new females that are actually connecting with country fans.
    lolita55 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by prettylittlemustang View Post
    Music is still under Sony, though. Carrie would likely want a fresh start.
    Hope by Grammy time that "fresh start" will have begun and she will have a new single to perform (if invited).
    lolita55 and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    If you look a the progression of the Queen of Country it will be years before Carrie loses that..... And the way it is going she will most likely have a career like the former Queen "Reba"........ What over 35 years or more in the business....

Carrie Underwood is the Whitney Houston of the Pop world, voices like that don't come around to often....... IMO

And I still to this day love Simon Cowell's prediction of Carrie, he was so right....

And if it weren't for WME Carrie would hold the title of the most FVOTY award wins.....

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^Once a queen always a queen. Queen Mary is still called queen even if Queen Elizabeth reigns now. It's like presidents, they too are always referred to as President so and so.
    lolita55, teesharky and lizcarlo like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Right..... I should have said given too..... and it is handed down in progression and to the right person for the title......
    lolita55 and rainbow1 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    kelsea ballerini may have been able to score her 3 number ones or whatever, but that a superstar does not make. She's still very young - 22 or 23, and already married?? - and from what i've seen she isn't near at the maturity level carrie was at 22. Her vocals also are not near as strong. Don't forget - gretchen wilson was supposed to be a huge female country artist - where did she go? Same goes for kellie pickler and even lauren alaina it's taken her a few years to finally get some recognition.

artists like carrie come around every once in a while and stick around for decades. i think she and miranda lambert will continue to be the dominating women of country for several more years to come, because no one has come around quite on their level yet. Carrie can sing anything, anything, anything and somehow just appeals to all age groups. They call it an x factor. From what i have seen of kelsea and maren morris, i just think personality wise and vocally they need to mature a good bit to compete with her.
    this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by rcramer View Post
    Right..... I should have said given too..... and it is handed down in progression and to the right person for the title......
    I was just joking around with you, lol. I know what you meant.
    lolita55 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Kelsea Ballerini may have been able to score her 3 number ones or whatever, but that a superstar does not make. She's still very young - 22 or 23, and already married?? - and from what I've seen she isn't near at the maturity level Carrie was at 22. Her vocals also are not near as strong. Don't forget - Gretchen Wilson was supposed to be a huge female country artist - where did she go? Same goes for Kellie Pickler and even Lauren Alaina it's taken her a few years to finally get some recognition.

Artists like Carrie come around every once in a while and stick around for decades. I think she and Miranda Lambert will continue to be the dominating women of country for several more years to come, because no one has come around quite on their level yet. Carrie can sing anything, anything, anything and somehow just appeals to all age groups. They call it an X factor. From what I have seen of Kelsea and Maren Morris, I just think personality wise and vocally they need to mature a good bit to compete with her.
    I'm sorry that I even started this whole Kelsea vs Carrie argument because I never wanted it to turn it into a debate on who was more talented than the other.I was just stating an opinion & probably an uninformed opinion at that.Maturity levels are different for every artist & Kelsea & Carrie are just at different places in their lives & that viewpoint would show up in any music they end up releasing.But I do agree on one thing:Carrie WILL be around for a long time because there really isn't anyone out there right now that matches her vocal ability or pure star power & that is quite a rarity these days when artists come & go every year it seems like.Carrie is unique in that way because she does appeal to every one in every age group & not every singer out there can say that.Her versatility vocally is unmatched by any pop singer out there currently & to me that is just simply amazing!!Yes,Maren & Kelsea need to mature vocally & personality wise,but maybe they will get there eventually,it will just take a lot of time & effort to do it.

Concert Stars
    I am just glad that UMG is not releasing the same time as Shania or Taylor as those 2 are both fellow UMG artists, will both sell well. Shania will drop considerably from what she used to sell, as her songs are not doing that well so far. But I think she will sell respectably. But UMG will want Carrie's release to be BIG, since she is their new Prize acquisition. It is smart for them to separate releases from Taylor and Shania so that they can focus all their attention on Carrie.

I am just so honestly relieved to hear some news- any news-- that whether it ends up being Q1 of Q2, is fine. At least we know it is coming soon.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    ^I wasn't saying she'll debut the Super Bowl song and another new song at the halftime show. The SB song could just be a tie in for her headlining. Of course I still think she won't be headlining the halftime show, but as I said earlier I can dream.
    haha I like your way of thinking. It could happen. At minimum-- at least we know she will be part of the SuperBowl in some capacity with the Champion song. I am really excited about that.

Concert Stars
    That's not necessarily true. I won't be able to find them now, but in previous "for your consideration" ads we've seen, Ann's The HQ has typically been listed. Just because Sony MIGHT not push for a nomination of the song, doesn't mean Carrie's team and even her new label couldn't. Regardless of who the song was released under, UMG could campaign for a nomination as it would ultimately benefit them and hype up the news of the switch (11 months later) with a nomination and possible win. I wouldn't rule a nomination out quite yet.
    Thanks. Hope you are right. I am sure label changes happen so often by other artists that the Grammys and other award shows such as Billboard, etc- have learned to deal with this issue by now. UMG is going to want Carrie to be nominated for a Grammy-- ANY GRAMMY- because she is their artist now, so her success makes them look good too, no matter where it originated from. If Carrie does well and gets a Grammy nom or otherwise, it helps UMG promote her more, as the buzz will increase. Win win for both. I don't think they will care so much about who's song it was, but how well THEIR artist does in general.

I never thought about it from that perspective before. Thank you. (smile)

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I am just glad that UMG is not releasing the same time as Shania or Taylor as those 2 are both fellow UMG artists, will both sell well. Shania will drop considerably from what she used to sell, as her songs are not doing that well so far. But I think she will sell respectably. But UMG will want Carrie's release to be BIG, since she is their new Prize acquisition. It is smart for them to separate releases from Taylor and Shania so that they can focus all their attention on Carrie.

I am just so honestly relieved to hear some news- any news-- that whether it ends up being Q1 of Q2, is fine. At least we know it is coming soon.
    No offense,but Carrie isn't some prize to be acquired by anyone because I think that it personally makes her look like something to be won at the county fair when in all honesty,she is an artist that just switched record labels to get more international exposure.Sorry if I took that too literally,but that's just what was going through my head at the moment & I had some weird urge to express it.I hate even putting this thought out there & I deeply apologize for any offenses or offending that may happen,but has ANYONE thought about the crazy & outlandish possibility of what might happen if Carrie got pregnant?I know that's not a possibility at the moment,but what would happen if that actually happened?I'm not trying to be a downer or a pessimist,I'm just trying to be honest,which might get me in trouble on here if I'm not careful.Look,I want new Carrie music just as badly as the rest of you,if not more,but keep in mind that this is a projected Q1or Q2 & even the labels not sure where it would land in that time period or how it would happen.I'm sorry if I truly offended anyone,but I had to put that possibility out there if it would even happen,how that timeline would change.

•