Page 252 of 515 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,040 of 10281
Like Tree36075Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

I always know when there are another 10+ pages with in one day something dramatic has happened haha!

I love that the titles are very different for the route she usually takes. I cannot wait! Here's hoping for single No. 2 very soon!
    mbh, Claire2004, Smokyiiis and 3 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Really great looking tracklist.

The songs I'm most looking forward to, based on the titles are: "That Song We Used to Make Love To", "Drinking Alone", "Low", and "Ghosts on The Stereo"
    mbh likes this.

I love the whole tracklist but I'd prefer a deluxe edition with new songs, there is no Target edition for this new album? I will delete The Champion as soon as I get the album. :/
    CU4ever and AngeloUnderwood like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Wasn’t Love Wins on ASCAP and written by Chris
    rDeStefano and Brett James? Or is that the wrong version of the song- same title? Madkatt or Kiznet found it.
    I found it on ASCAP, but have no idea if that is the correct song or not. I shared it since it has a couple of Carrie's usual writers on it.

Also, a few pages back, I shared some of the writers that I was finding on ASCAP, but now know that Backsliding is NOT the one written by Carly Pearce. Based on the Music Week article that Louisa shared in another thread, it appears that Low and Backsliding are definite co-writes for Carrie.

So we know 100% that The Bullet is not a co-write. I'm suspecting that Love Wins is not a co-write. Both Typo and I found what we think are the writers for Ghosts on the Stereo and he found the possible writers for End up with You. So, that would mean that Carrie wrote the rest of the songs, including the potentially steamy love song, lol. Although, honestly, I don't know that it will be that steamy. It kind of sounds like the sequel to Remind Me - more about a couple who have drifted apart or who are so busy with work, life, and kids that they don't have time to be alone anymore.
    Claire2004 and rainbow1 like this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkny View Post
    I love the whole tracklist but I'd prefer a deluxe edition with new songs, there is no Target edition for this new album? I will delete The Champion as soon as I get the album. :/
    There is a Target edition, but as far as we know right now, it just has an exclusive booklet with extra behind the scenes pictures from Carrie's life and in the studio.
    mbh and rainbow1 like this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Junior Carrie Follower AngeloUnderwood's Avatar
    Now I need to know what's the song Carrie made love to, just so I can copy her, lmao
    jimshoe likes this.

Could Ghosts on the stereo be about the lack of women in country radio? Maybe in a subtle way..
    Kizmet311, pgk, lizcarlo and 3 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    Could Ghosts on the stereo be about the lack of women in country radio? Maybe in a subtle way..
    Someone posted earlier that one of the writers of this song, Andrew Dorff, passed away in late 2016. Also, Hillary Lindsey is the only female writer on the song. Both of those would lead me to believe the song isn't about that subject, although I guess it was still a problem even back then. When did Tomatogate happen?

Edit: Tomatogate happened in 2015, so I suppose it's possible the song is about the lack of females on the radio. Perhaps reminiscing about the golden days of the 90s when lots of women were having success on country radio. Or it could be about how much country music has changed in general or a song about certain songs bringing back old memories. Lots of possibilities!
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by ngoc.cmu View Post
    I am half convinced TSTWUTMLT is a comedy song =)))))

Like this song that Brad Paisley sings, the title could easily be "You were my first" and get some steamy vibe from the title alone lol
    If it's a comedy song like Conway and Loretta used to do (ala You're the reason our kids are ugly), then I hope Brad is at least featured on the song, lol. I still think it's going to be a ballad or midtempo that's kind of a response/sequel to Remind Me.
    teesharky and ethelu like this.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Junior Carrie Follower
    Maybe Ghost on the Stereo could be about a person(Carrie) being the ghost on a someone’s, most likely an ex, stereo, and now she’s haunting them. So the lyrics would kinda go like “Now I’m just a ghost on the stereo, haunting you everytime you hear me...” I don’t know lol.
    Kizmet311, rainbow1 and ethelu like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    @LelandOfficial

I co-wrote “End Up With You” on @carrieunderwood’s new album out Sept 14th! I’ve wanted to write for Carrie for years and can’t believe it happened. So excited for this one!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    @LelandOfficial

I co-wrote “End Up With You” on @carrieunderwood’s new album out Sept 14th! I’ve wanted to write for Carrie for years and can’t believe it happened. So excited for this one!
    Leland is Brett McLaughlin, correct? I'll add the songwriting credits to the first post for EUWY.
    maddkat, rainbow1 and teesharky like this.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Leland is Brett McLaughlin, correct? I'll add the songwriting credits to the first post for EUWY.
    from typo on pulse GOTR was written by Andrew Dorff, Tom Douglas, Hillary Lindsey
    DaisyTweets and teesharky like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" I think Leland work with pop artists, so maybe EUWY is one of the crossover songs?
    rainbow1 and teesharky like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    from typo on pulse GOTR was written by Andrew Dorff, Tom Douglas, Hillary Lindsey
    I found the same writers on ASCAP when I searched. Do you think we are safe to add this? I didn't know if we had any confirmation that they are officially the writers. I mean, they certainly look likely, but I was trying to wait for some official word before adding them I guess.

Edit: I'll go ahead and update the writers for GOTR on the first post. It's highly likely these are the writers and it's rare that Typo is wrong. I don't think he would add the writers if he didn't think they were correct.
    teesharky likes this.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Hil
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    When I saw that song title,I was like TMI much?I just have a hard time believing that she would write a song about her own love life when she is fiercely protective of her privacy & keeping her love life with Mike extremely private.The song title is pretty out there & no offense,she has to leave SOMETHING to the imagination,that song title coming from her leaves nothing to the imagination!!I just don’t think that song is about her own personal & private love life with Mike!!I just don’t think she’s that type of person!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Totally going to be a HOT, PASSIONATE song...probably from her sex diary. kinks, positions. I understand now why she said this album is going to be more her than any of her previous. Carrie getting down to the dirty. I like it. LOL

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    Faraway and Kiz, a lot of the writers of the songs are on Pulse! page 48! Carrie's 6th album!!
    Thanks, Rainbow. - I don't use that board, so I wouldn't have seen it. These seem to be the current finds (credit to "Typo")

"Cry Pretty" - (Hillary Lindsey, Lori McKenna, Liz Rose, Carrie Underwood)
    "Ghosts on the Stereo" - (Andrew Dorff, Tom Douglas, Hillary Lindsey)
    "Low"
    "Backsliding"
    "Southbound"
    "That Song That We Used To Make Love To"
    "Drinking Alone"
    "The Bullet" - (Andrew Albert, Marc Beeson, Allen Shamblin)
    "Spinning Bottles"
    "Love Wins"
    "End Up With You" - (Hillary Lindsey, Brett McLaughlin, William Weatherly)
    "Kingdom" - (Dave Barnes, Chris DeStefano, Carrie Underwood)

The two names that most interest me are Tom Douglas ("Ghosts on the Stereo"), and Allen Shamblin ("The Bullet").
    Tom Douglas also co-wrote "Forever Changed" - which i will always regard as one of Carrie's most heartfelt and memorable vocal interpretations on album - if this is anything like that, it could be a landmark for Carrie
    Douglas and Allen Shamblin together wrote "The House That Built Me" - a song which deals with nostalgia for the familiar, but can also be heard on several levels. its chorus addresses the sense of alienation and loss often felt in today's turbulent times (it was revived in a commentary on the last presidential election). We've no idea what the subject matter of the new songs might be - but these are writers who can convey complex meanings, connected with a person's changing emotions over time.

Brett McLaughlin produces under the single name Leland - he's worked with Kelsea Ballerini, but is best known as a Pop producer. His involvement (as with Garcia, and some other names such as Felicity Barton) may be a sign that some of Carrie's new songs will have a cross-genre feel. Will Weatherley, another co-writer on "End Up With You" has had a song recorded by Florida Georgia Line (another possible connection with David Garcia)

Dave Barnes ("Kingdom") writes and performs both in Mainstream Country and Contemporary Christian Music. He was the sole writer of "God Gave Me You", which was Blake Shelton's wedding song, and Grammy nominated for Best Country Song. This was the original, which gives an idea of his style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hQK6GIrpYU

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I found it on ASCAP, but have no idea if that is the correct song or not. I shared it since it has a couple of Carrie's usual writers on it.

Also, a few pages back, I shared some of the writers that I was finding on ASCAP, but now know that Backsliding is NOT the one written by Carly Pearce. Based on the Music Week article that Louisa shared in another thread, it appears that Low and Backsliding are definite co-writes for Carrie.

So we know 100% that The Bullet is not a co-write. I'm suspecting that Love Wins is not a co-write. Both Typo and I found what we think are the writers for Ghosts on the Stereo and he found the possible writers for End up with You. So, that would mean that Carrie wrote the rest of the songs, including the potentially steamy love song, lol. Although, honestly, I don't know that it will be that steamy. It kind of sounds like the sequel to Remind Me - more about a couple who have drifted apart or who are so busy with work, life, and kids that they don't have time to be alone anymore.
    I have a some questions to piggyback off of here,Kiz.First,how did you figure that Carrie co-wrote Low & Backsliding off of one article?I read that article &nowhere could I find that she helped co-write those songs.Second,did Carrie help co-write End Up with you or did the other writers help write the song & did Carrie have a hand in writing that song in any way?I think this is my last question based off of this post,Is there any way to tell what songs she co wrote & the ones she didn’t?I think the potentially steamy love song title was probably meant to shock a lot of us because those are songs she doesn’t ordinarily do but it probably isn’t as steamy as people are thinking it is!!It does sound like the sequel to Remind Me-more about a couple who have drifted apart & are so busy with work,life & kids that they don’t have a lot of time to be alone together anymore.I think people are reading WAY too much into that song title in my opinion!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    I have a some questions to piggyback off of here,Kiz.First,how did you figure that Carrie co-wrote Low & Backsliding off of one article?I read that article &nowhere could I find that she helped co-write those songs.Second,did Carrie help co-write End Up with you or did the other writers help write the song & did Carrie have a hand in writing that song in any way?I think this is my last question based off of this post,Is there any way to tell what songs she co wrote & the ones she didn’t?I think the potentially steamy love song title was probably meant to shock a lot of us because those are songs she doesn’t ordinarily do but it probably isn’t as steamy as people are thinking it is!!It does sound like the sequel to Remind Me-more about a couple who have drifted apart & are so busy with work,life & kids that they don’t have a lot of time to be alone together anymore.I think people are reading WAY too much into that song title in my opinion!!

This is the line from the article that leads me to believe she co-wrote Low and Backsliding. It's hard to be sure from the way it is worded, but it first references songs she DIDN'T write, then seems to juxtapose that with songs she did help write, seemingly Low and Backsliding. Plus, we know that she co-wrote 9 songs on the album (which includes The Champion) so there are only 4 songs she DIDN'T help write. We know for sure two of those are The Bullet (writers have been listed more than once) and End Up With You (one writer tweeted that he wrote it and we have the ASCAP registration listing the other two writers), plus it is suspected that Ghosts on the Stereo is not a co-write. I have found some information that leads me to believe that Love Wins may not be a co-write. If those last two are correct, then every other song on the album HAS to be a cowrite. Anyway, here is the excerpt from which I deduce Low and Backsliding are Carrie co-writes. I interpret the bolded part that says "her entries" to mean they are referring to some of her co-writes.

On Cry Pretty, Underwood has writing credits on nine of the 13 songs...It's impressive, considering she has access to the best songs Nashville has to offer at any given time, and doubly so given HER ENTRIES stand as some of the finest of her career, from the powerhouse chorus of Backsliding to the beautiful strains of Low.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    Totally going to be a HOT, PASSIONATE song...probably from her sex diary. kinks, positions. I understand now why she said this album is going to be more her than any of her previous. Carrie getting down to the dirty. I like it. LOL
    Oh, Hil, this is hilarious, lol.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

•