Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 235 of 244 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,700 of 4878
Like Tree16933Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    Probably true, but at least that doesn't mean she can't win. Really hoping she does, for something.
    Yes! She didn't attend the year that Isaiah was born and she won a Grammy for SITW (her last win there, correct?). I'll take an absence at the Grammys if it means a win for Cry Pretty for Country Song or Country Vocal Performance!
    adam1995, mbh, maddkat and 3 others like this.
    "Thank you for that ĎCaptain Obviousí sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the Ďrightí notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by PRGuy79 View Post
    I love how Carrie is so supportive of fellow female artists and how she demonstrated that again in such an important way by choosing all females to join her on the Cry Pretty 360 Tour next year. I can't think of a better way to address the TomatoGate controversy and the current state of country radio.
    I was kind of thinking about that last night when I was having a hard time falling asleep & this morning as Iím sitting in bed,that she is always championing females in country music & how she demonstrated that in a huge way by choosing Maddie & Tae & Runaway June to join her on the Cry Pretty Tour 360 tour next year.What better way to address the TomatoGate controversy & the state of country radio than bringing two female acts with her on the CP Tour 360 next year?Canít make a statement any bigger than that,could you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    oldyfan likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Yes! She didn't attend the year that Isaiah was born and she won a Grammy for SITW (her last win there, correct?). I'll take an absence at the Grammys if it means a win for Cry Pretty for Country Song or Country Vocal Performance!
    I'm with you, and right now I really think she's the front runner for solo.She's gotten rave after rave for her recording & performances of the song.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I guess I gonna wait to see if a Grammy appearance is possible until the baby comes. Of course she didn't attend the year Isaiah was born because he was born in Feb. I think this new little fish is going to be here by very early next year. I'd love to see a CP performance on a Grammy show. Let the world once again see and experience the special gift of Carrie Underwood.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Hey guys, it's been forever since I've been on here! I can't wait for the new album :P

Anyway, there has been so much that's happened since I last been here. Let's see.. from the beginning of the year. I loved how the Champion was an inclusive and empowering song. It's great that it was pop rock and rap, so that hopefully helped widen her audience just a bit. As much as I hated the idea, I kind of always wanted to see what it'd be like if she released a song with a rapper. This was a pretty great song, especially given all the coverage it had. I just am, as always, disappointed with the sales and chart positions but whatev. It's nice to see her release her first pop song, but I really wish her "fans" would do more to support her. Where have they all gone in the past decade? Sometimes I think it's just the 200 of us just buying her albums/songs like 1k times lol.

Also, Cry Pretty is everything I've wanted from her in the past year!! The video has a more pop like feel to it, so maybe that was intentional to reach beyond the normal audiences? Her voice in this song is pretty great, and I'm so happy she's using those areas of her voice we never really hear. It's also pretty great that she's producing for the first time, so this record will definitely feel more like Carrie. Carrie's like a rockstar when she sings Cry Pretty live! I love everything about this era, so far. I'm glad that she's opening up just a bit and putting a bit more emotion into this album.

Also, at the Billboard awards, how did Carrie not win? Then again, it was an off year, so maybe next year she'll win.
    It would be nice to see Carrie do some kind of empowerment song, since that's what people seem to need these days. Like a female collaboration. This might be an odd choice, but I have always loved Leona Lewis and they both worked with Simon Cowell at some pint. But, it would be great to see Leona back in the American market and Carrie introduced to the British market through a powerful duet. Maybe it's a dream I have that will never happen. You get to support another female artist and maybe gain fans in the process. Although, I was thinking more of a "Does He Love Me" kind of thing.

I also really like how she's more on tv these days with her little promotions. It will always bother me how low her sales and streams are. I guess I had always expected her to become an international superstar after the BA era. I really believed that was next in store. It never happened, but I'm glad my other girl Taylor at least went to that level of success. Also, her RDMA performace was pretty amazing. She definitely is a hero! Also, I saw that Chris Pratt MTV speech and I immediately thought of Carrie lol. I imagined she'd be happy about that and she did tweet about it.

On to something else that really bothers me. The fact that "meant to be" is the longest running number 1 ever just.. I give up on country music. I'm sorry. Country music has died. RIP. Was nice knowing you. I mean, I love country pop. But, Bebe Rexha debuting at number one and staying there for the longest time just sickens me. I thought it was bad enough when "body like a back road" was the longest. I actually also even hated Taylors song "we are never ever getting back together" being number 1. I remember when even country pop felt like magic or something. Now the magic is gone. Although, Kacey Musgraves new album is one of my favorite things that's happened in country despite some odd sounds on it.
    Well you obviously saved all these words for the right time
    oldyfan likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    And I still feel like I missed a bit. I think I got the main events though.
    Kizmet311, oldyfan and gwade82 like this.

Concert Stars
    Haha I love that you call her the new little fish. That’s cute.
    oldyfan likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Anyone else waiting anxiously to see if the album goes up for preorder on iTunes tonight?! Itís very possible with all the news this week, the fact that she filmed a new music video, and that tweet she retweeted about new music coming soon. Iím not sleeping yet haha
    txacar and oldyfan like this.

Can I hope we get track list today?
    oldyfan likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane-Alex View Post
    Can I hope we get track list today?
    If the album goes up for preorder tonight, most likely! Thatís what Iím waiting on. Itís VERY possible because the album gets released in five weeks and with all of the news this week, I wouldnít be surprised!
    oldyfan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by holding0n2jesus View Post
    If the album goes up for preorder tonight, most likely! Thatís what Iím waiting on. Itís VERY possible because the album gets released in five weeks and with all of the news this week, I wouldnít be surprised!
    Thats possible. Though I have a feeling Carrie will show us track list in some special way. Like with videos on intagram like she did for Storyteller.
    oldyfan and countrymusicfan15 like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane-Alex View Post
    Thats possible. Though I have a feeling Carrie will show us track list in some special way. Like with videos on intagram like she did for Storyteller.
    Itís possible. But I doubt she would do it the same way twice. Itís too predictable for her hahaha
    Jane-Alex and oldyfan like this.

Maybe the track list and album pre order will be available the day the tickets go on sale, since you get a copy of the album with each ticket, it would be great promo and a good way to remind people to buy the tickets the day they are out.
    oldyfan and Kizmet311 like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    Maybe the track list and album pre order will be available the day the tickets go on sale, since you get a copy of the album with each ticket, it would be great promo and a good way to remind people to buy the tickets the day they are out.
    Thatís probably what will happen. But Iím still hoping for tonight! Iím getting impatient haha
    oldyfan likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    And we still don't have song titles yet! �� More info coming...or did I somehow miss them with all the tour and baby news?!?��

Quote Originally Posted by oldyfan View Post
    And we still don't have song titles yet! 😳 More info coming...or did I somehow miss them with all the tour and baby news?!?😱
    We are still waiting for track list. Hopefully today or next week.

Concert Stars
    I think it would be VERY nice to drop the track list today directly before tour sales start. That will keep us VERY busy up til album time! Bring it on Carrie!
    countrymusicfan15 and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    Did it go on iTunes for preorder yet? They might be waiting for the Tour bundles first next week? But itís been on presale on Amazon for a few months already. I already ordered.

No preorder on iTunes yet. They must be waiting for a reason. Maybe they want people to buy the tour ticket bundles first next week.
    Last edited by maddkat; 1 Week Ago at 10:24 AM. Reason: merged posts
    oldyfan likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I'm starting to lose count of how many I've pre-ordered, lol. I think I've ordered 3 - Amazon, CD through Cry Pretty Merch site to get the single vinyl of CP at the Fan Club party, and the Tour Presale Package through Cry Pretty Merch site to get another presale code for tickets. I still need to order it on vinyl and I know I'll end up buying it on iTunes if it gets released there earlier than Amazon digital music. Then I'll get how many copies when I buy tickets for the tour? Do you get a copy for EVERY ticket or just every purchase? I'm going to end up with like 10 copies, haha.
    "Thank you for that ĎCaptain Obviousí sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the Ďrightí notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I'm starting to lose count of how many I've pre-ordered, lol. I think I've ordered 3 - Amazon, CD through Cry Pretty Merch site to get the single vinyl of CP at the Fan Club party, and the Tour Presale Package through Cry Pretty Merch site to get another presale code for tickets. I still need to order it on vinyl and I know I'll end up buying it on iTunes if it gets released there earlier than Amazon digital music. Then I'll get how many copies when I buy tickets for the tour? Do you get a copy for EVERY ticket or just every purchase? I'm going to end up with like 10 copies, haha.
    got another one for you!! lol
    this one from Target and you get a booklet
    https://www.target.com/p/carrie-unde...t_adv_xasd0002
    mbh, teesharky, Kizmet311 and 1 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

•