Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 211 of 444 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,220 of 8869
Like Tree31186Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    With Carrie we don't typically get two singles before the album is released, but other UMG artists have done that and it appears that is the route they are taking with Carrie. Like others have said, hopefully single 2 will be announced shortly after CP peaks which is anticipated to be around August 5th since Carrie is hosting the countdown that week.
    I talked to someone who has knowledge of things like this,&they’re also thinking that UMG will use her hosting CCUSA to release the tracklisting for the album &possibly release the second single after CP peaks & to give her that push on the charts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    I talked to someone who has knowledge of things like this,&they’re also thinking that UMG will use her hosting CCUSA to release the tracklisting for the album &possibly release the second single after CP peaks & to give her that push on the charts.

Awesome!! Thanks for the replies on my question!! I so can't wait for this album! Two more months! Lol

Concert Stars
    We are getting close now! CP is at number 8 and we are two months from the album. So excited.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Going back to the Carrie sighting at the recording studio in NYC, as well as how she has recorded her past collaborations, I do hope she was dropping in for something unexpected. As others have stated, sometimes she has laid her vocals down at whatever studio was handy when doing a collab for another artist's album - like for The Fighter with Keith. We know Keith wasn't in studio with her, although I think Busbee did fly to St. Louis since he was the producer. And, as others have said, Carrie recorded RM in Brad's home studio. In addition to the comments about that happening right after Mike's trade to the Predators and Huck having a "crush" on Carrie, I also remember Carrie commenting that they were re-writing or writing the lyrics of the song as she sang it and kept bringing her changes. I know when Brad pitched the song to her initially over a phone call he only had the Remind Me refrain and not much else. Brad was one of the writers, so I assume he and the others were there making changes as they recorded it.

Whether Carrie could possibly be recording with Ryan Adams since he appears to have been at the NYC studio at the same time or whether she could have been laying down vocals for another collab, I hope we'll find out before too long. I doubt it would be a big project that was solely hers, because I wouldn't expect her to record something for one of her projects on the fly when she's only in town for a day or two. It seems something like that - such as a song for a movie soundtrack, would probably be recorded on her schedule as opposed to when she is traveling.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    Well Lady Gaga has also been in this exact studio all week. So you never know what Carrie might have brewing. Haha I love when Carrie does cool unexpected collabs.
    rainbow1, txacar, lizcarlo and 4 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Well Lady Gaga has also been in this exact studio all week. So you never know what Carrie might have brewing. Haha I love when Carrie does cool unexpected collabs.
    All of the collabs that Carrie has done have been with people she knew in a professional or personal capacity.She barely even knows Lady Gaga,so why would Carrie do a collab with someone that she’s never worked with?If I sound harsh or mean,I’m sorry,but just because Lady Gaga has been using that exact studio all week doesn’t mean that they’ve worked together.They could’ve,but for me,even that’s a stretch music wise.She could’ve been working on something else entirely different than what you or anyone else thinks.Its just kind of hard to know when there are so few clues to go on.

All of the collabs that Carrie has done have been with people she knew in a professional or personal capacity.She barely even knows Lady Gaga,so why would Carrie do a collab with someone that she’s never worked with?If I sound harsh or mean,I’m sorry,but just because Lady Gaga has been using that exact studio all week doesn’t mean that they’ve worked together.They could’ve,but for me,even that’s a stretch music wise.She could’ve been working on something else entirely different than what you or anyone else thinks.Its just kind of hard to know when there are so few clues to go on.

In what way did Carrie know Ludacris professionally or personally before The Champion?
    rainbow1 and liz278 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^^But if Carrie didn't work with people she never worked with, she would have never worked with anyone, because at one point she never worked with anyone. Saying she wouldn't do a collaboration with someone she hasn't worked with before, simply because she hasn't worked with them, makes no sense and doesn't help her grow as an artist.

She never worked with Ludacris before, but we have "The Champion".

Concert Stars

Carrie and Lady Gaga have been at Grammys together many times, and have performed at other events at the same time, such as the Tony Bennett Special, and the Frank Sinatra Tribute. Although unlikely that they are recording together, I'm sure she knows her as well as she knew Tony Bennett before duetting with him.

Bottom line is, it's fun to speculate!!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    Carrie and Lady Gaga have been at Grammys together many times, and have performed at other events at the same time, such as the Tony Bennett Special, and the Frank Sinatra Tribute. Although unlikely that they are recording together, I'm sure she knows her as well as she knew Tony Bennett before duetting with him.

Bottom line is, it's fun to speculate!!!
    I guess if they were at the Grammys together & performed at those tributes,I guess it’s possible their paths may have crossed somehow!!I just wish we all know what she was doing at that recording studio!!So much speculation & too few clues to go on!!

txacar and oldyfan like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by kelanob View Post
    In what way did Carrie know Ludacris professionally or personally before The Champion?
    I guess you do have a point.I think Carrie knew Ludacris music before she knew him professionally but I guess she really didn’t know him in either capacity that well.So I guess your point is pretty valid here!!

txacar and oldyfan like this.

Junior Carrie Follower DazzledByCarrie's Avatar
    I can't believe we are less than two months out from Cry Pretty and still know so little about it. Maybe I'm just misremembering, but it feels like once Smoke Break came out, there were constantly little tidbits about Storyteller coming out for everyone to discuss. I guess that release did have a much shorter timetable though.
    oldyfan likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan luxoricious's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzledByCarrie View Post
    I can't believe we are less than two months out from Cry Pretty and still know so little about it. Maybe I'm just misremembering, but it feels like once Smoke Break came out, there were constantly little tidbits about Storyteller coming out for everyone to discuss. I guess that release did have a much shorter timetable though.
    Yes, but the release of Smoke Break and the album was only like two months away. This time it feels like a 7 months gap? I don't remember exactly when Cry Pretty came out lol.
    And I remember she announced the tracklist via some videos on her instagram page, revealing a track name every 10 minutes. It was probably the two most exciting hours of the era haha. And this was a month before the album release. So probably we'll get an update on the tracklist in the upcoming weeks? Maybe?

She has two shows at Opry in August. Hopefully we'll getting a new song there.
    teesharky and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    Carrie would not debut a new song at the opry as it would hurt sales and streaming to debut it there with no tv audience etc. plus the sound quality is crappy on the live radio stream.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    the guy is Marc Beeson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obsessed Carrie Fan MSCarriefan's Avatar
    ^I'm really interested in the context of the song since she said it made her cry. I feel like this album is going to be very emotional.
    Here are some songs he has co written:

Linda Davis — "From the Inside Out"
    Due West — "The Bible and the Belt"
    Exile — "Even Now"
    Pat Green — "Let Me", "What I'm For"
    Martina McBride — "Phones Are Ringin' All Over Town"
    Restless Heart — "When She Cries"
    LeAnn Rimes — "This Love"
    Blake Shelton — "She's Got a Way with Words"

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    chrisholloHad a great time shooting @carrieunderwood’s #CryPretty album listening party! Stay tuned for more photos coming soon!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    typo at pulse did some research and found Carrie as performer on The Bullet written by these 3

groupchatrecordswill n andy celebratin BIG cuts on the upcoming record by queen underwood. more cutz for the good guys

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    fitzlaJust hangin’ out with #carrieunderwoodlistening to her new record. No big. #crypretty

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wish they could say something about the songs like that woman at the Blown Away listening party that said she couldn't stop thinking about Two Black Cadillacs even weeks after she listened the song. That was really exciting. And she was so right!!

•