Page 208 of 518 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,160 of 10353
Like Tree36190Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Huge Carrie Follower sweetsugarcandyman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaD View Post
    No, it's not normal at all for the voice to commence deterioration at age 35 unless there's been a long-term deficit in proper technique and/or general care for the voice. What I'm trying to explain is that it doesn't have to go down that way even in 10 years from now, as all that she needs to do is find a healthier and more appropriate way to place her voice for her specific voice-type and strengthen the "transition points" in her range so that she can comfortably navigate where she wants to go without ever needing to push. I'm noticing more issues now than ever before when her voice isn't in top form, indicating that it is beginning to lose some of its natural stamina. It doesn't need to be that way. Proper, healthy technique is a vocalist's FIRST line of defense against natural deterioration that comes with age and over-use, because it substantially minimizes the amount of mileage or "wear and tear" on the voice that is inevitable over time. When Carrie is in good vocal condition, she sounds just as great as ever. So, there are no signs of permanent damage yet. But why not start making the adjustments in technique NOW before long-term damage is accrued? Carrie doesn't even warm up her voice before shows. =/ The voice NEEDS to be warmed up in order to perform optimally, just like any other muscle. Going from 0 to 100 like that is actually quite dangerous. I know this probably all sounds over-dramatic to some people, but it really is a legitimate cause for concern. I know she's very confident in her voice and seems to think her vocal cords are made of steel, but they are not. Nobody's are. Proper care is an absolute necessity for singers that want to hold onto their voice's abilities for as long as they possibly can.
    Thanks for explanation. I know nothing about singing but it seems that most major artists tend to lose some portion of their voice at some stage so I figured that was normal.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsugarcandyman View Post
    Thanks for explanation. I know nothing about singing but it seems that most major artists tend to lose some portion of their voice at some stage so I figured that was normal.
    35 is way too young for that.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    No, it's not normal at all for the voice to commence deterioration at age 35 unless there's been a long-term deficit in proper technique and/or general care for the voice. What I'm trying to explain is that it doesn't have to go down that way even in 10 years from now, as all that she needs to do is find a healthier and more appropriate way to place her voice for her specific voice-type and strengthen the "transition points" in her range so that she can comfortably navigate where she wants to go without ever needing to push. I'm noticing more issues now than ever before when her voice isn't in top form, indicating that it is beginning to lose some of its natural stamina. It doesn't need to be that way. Proper, healthy technique is a vocalist's FIRST line of defense against natural deterioration that comes with age and over-use, because it substantially minimizes the amount of mileage or "wear and tear" on the voice that is inevitable over time. When Carrie is in good vocal condition, she sounds just as great as ever. So, there are no signs of permanent damage yet. But why not start making the adjustments in technique NOW before long-term damage is accrued? Carrie doesn't even warm up her voice before shows. =/ The voice NEEDS to be warmed up in order to perform optimally, just like any other muscle. Going from 0 to 100 like that is actually quite dangerous. I know this probably all sounds over-dramatic to some people, but it really is a legitimate cause for concern. I know she's very confident in her voice and seems to think her vocal cords are made of steel, but they are not. Nobody's are. Proper care is an absolute necessity for singers that want to hold onto their voice's abilities for as long as they possibly can.
    Do you have personal knowledge that she doesn't do this? I seem to recall her saying that when she first started out that she didn't. But I also to seem to recall that when she was preparing to star in SOML and via working with the vocal coach she changed some things and one of the things she changed was warming up.
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

Concert Stars
    It’s july! The album is getting closer! Just over 2 months now!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Do you have personal knowledge that she doesn't do this? I seem to recall her saying that when she first started out that she didn't. But I also to seem to recall that when she was preparing to star in SOML and via working with the vocal coach she changed some things and one of the things she changed was warming up.
    More like public knowledge delivered straight from the horse's mouth. Here ya go. From 2016. Skip to 3:05.

Insane Carrie Fan
    I'll assume Carrie knows her voice better than anyone, so she probably knows what she's capable of. She had a very busy few weeks, and has been away from the stage for quite sometime, she'll be fine. Plus, all those CP performances have been absolutely perfect, so I doubt she'd fall apart that quickly.

And if she is falling apart, guess we'll have to cancel the album, lol! This was a joke, no need for anyone to get upset.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Here we go, just found the CP performance

The sustained note was extremely under-pitch and she had the track playing for the head voice notes. Something is going on.
    txacar likes this.

^ Then she was sick, she just does that when she is sick. Or maybe she was just very tired, we don't know all she had to do in London plus the long fly back plus she lost her stage clothes and maybe that lead in some stressfull days.

At least she didn't try to make it like she was singing the head voice part... lol

She seems just tired but maybe it's just me.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    ^ dang well maybe I’m somewhat tone deaf but I just listened to the concert footage above and it sounds really good to me lol I believe you of course and your critiques, but I guess I definitely don’t have the ear for those technicalities at all

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    ^ Then she was sick, she just does that when she is sick. Or maybe she was just very tired, we don't know all she had to do in London plus the long fly back plus she lost her stage clothes and maybe that lead in some stressfull days.

At least she didn't try to make it like she was singing the head voice part... lol

She seems just tired but maybe it's just me.

I tend to agree with you....sheís been and appears to be very busy...
    rainbow1, simonplay and ethelu like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    What still impresses me, is even if she is sick or tired, she still kills a song..... And lets be honest, name one country singer that can do what she does.. none of them.... I'm okay if she does not slay the high notes if not feeling it.... Carrie knows herself.....

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Is there something going on with her voice lately?? It seems that her breath support, control and placement have been gradually deteriorating in the past few of performances I've heard, so I don't know if it's that she's been battling intermittent illness, or if certain habits are just finally starting to catch up with her now. I found a video of "The Champion" from the concert the other night, and she sounds extremely tired to me. Her notes are airy, unsupported, nasal, and she even sounds breathless at certain times. What is going on? The big note in the final chorus is right in the middle of her range, and this is the second time now that I've heard her attempt it and fall flat. She's not supporting with her diaphragm at all, she's placing the sound almost entirely in her throat and then reinforcing with her nose. I'm honestly concerned. She's gone flat in some of the performances of CP too on the sustained note at the end. In one of the Opry performances it was SO flat that they actually pitch-corrected it in the "10 Year Opry Member Anniversary" video that they put together and uploaded for her. I don't mean to sound like an alarmist, but man I really hope these issues are resolved by fall and especially before she goes on tour.

I watched some of that video of TC & youíre right,she did NOT sound good from the very little of the clip that I watched.Very off pitch,very off key & she did sound breathless and we know she works out really hard so she isnít breathless on stage so it did seem like she was struggling a lot & that isnít normal for her at all.But the notes in that video sheís normally able to hit,she couldnít hit them & her voice sounded ROUGH.Her recent performances of CP Iíve also noticed have gone flat & in my opinion,gone flat really badly.I could see why youíre so concerned,Melissa.Most of her songs are at such a high pitch that I could see how it might do some lasting damage if she doesnít start taking care of her voice better or starts doing vocal warmups,it will NOT be pretty.This performance of TC just sounded really bad & just way way off key for her & thatís rare considering how good she is & how in the past,she has never missed a high note or a beat in her songs.But now not taking care of her voice & not doing warm ups is catching up to her & it is worrying & the mistakes in TC were quite glaring in my opinion & quite worrisome.I just hope like you do that she takes care of these problems before she goes out tour next & this fall or things could go downhill really quickly.And I didnít know that they had to pitch correct her voice in that Opry Video they did for her because she isnít normally off pitch so that tidbit of info was quite surprising because I have noticed in very recent performances of CP that she isnít able to reach those high notes like she normally is.So I really do get your concern after watching most of that video of TC from the other night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    That Carrie allowed the use of a backing track says she is/was aware of her limitations at that time. Awareness leads to remediation I.e; rest, vocal care. It seems to me she’s been very busy lately; personal & social commitments, performing and traveling abroad etc. Her voice is her joy but also her bread and butter. I can’t imagine that she would be careless and or abusive as regards her vocals.

Concert Stars

The sustained note was extremely under-pitch and she had the track playing for the head voice notes. Something is going on.
    I agree with you. She was also short of breath in her Disney performance of TC. Her voice was so nasally at the beginning of CP -- could be allergies. Hope so. She certainly hasn't performed enough recently to cause wear and tear and, if she is one take Carrie in the studio, recording the album shouldn't have been a problem. Hopefully, she will be back to normal on the 4th.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

I basically watched the entire video & that not was really underpitch as you said it was.And the fact that she had to use a track to play the head voice which she is able to hit without any problems normally is actually very concerning when she is considered one of the BEST vocalists in country music & just in general.Her recent performances of CP have seemed to have that problem to me as well.The last half of CP in that video was just rough & just way off pitch for her and thatís not normal when she is able to just hit those notes without any problems.I just have a hard time believing that none of her die hard fans didnít notice that last half of the

Obsessed Carrie Fan

I get your concern,Melissa.A lot of the people on here donít have your trained ear for listening to vocal pitch & key pitches so theyíre probably not going to understand what youíre talking about.When Carrie is on pitch & hits every note,she is as good as ever.But when sheís not in tip top condition with her voice,those mistakes are quite glaring.When I was in choir in middle & high school,I used to complain that our teacher made us do vocal warmups because I felt they took so much time but now I get why she made us do it.It was to make sure our voices stayed in tip top shape so we didnít miss any notes in the songs we were singing.I remember what happened to Adeleís voice years ago & how she had to have some kind of procedure done to repair vocal hemorrhage to her voice & how she basically had to be on vocal rest a lot of the time.I know that may not apply to Carrie but if sheís not careful,something similar may happen to her voice.When you go from 0 to 100 without warming up your voice,any pitch issues or anything that sounds off key the mistakes are going to look more glaring &very concerning.I donít think youíre being overdramatic at all considering your knowledge & background on this subject.I get the feeling that she feels sheís so confident in what her voice can do & that sheís immune so she thinks she doesnít have to warm up her voice that sheís probably unaware of not doing vocal warmups & pushing through it and what damage it might be causing to her vocal cords.When you get out of breath during a song when youíre normally able to hit every high note & you have to use a vocal track to hit notes that most singers couldnít hit as well even on their good days,those issues are more gaping & more evident.I think the last thing any one of us wants is for Carrie to lose her vocal abilities & she isnít able to hit high notes & high pitches.She just needs to take better care of her voice so these issues donít keep happening like I feel they have been.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by pgk View Post
    That Carrie allowed the use of a backing track says she is/was aware of her limitations at that time. Awareness leads to remediation I.e; rest, vocal care. It seems to me sheís been very busy lately; personal & social commitments, performing and traveling abroad etc. Her voice is her joy but also her bread and butter. I canít imagine that she would be careless and or abusive as regards her vocals.
    That could be very true but it just doesnít seem normal for someone like her that can really hit those head voice notes normally without any problems.In her 13 years of doing this,I donít think she has had to use a vocal backing track because she wasnít able to hit those really high notes & itís just shocking to me that she had to do even do that.If Iím not mistaken,if you donít do warmups vocally before you go on stage & you push through songs when you shouldnít have to,isnít that kind of abusing your voice by not taking care of it in that manner?She may have been more aware of her limitations that night in regards to her not being able to do her head voice normally but I just hope that she doesnít have to keep continually doing that in the future when she feels her voice isnít up to par with what she probably expects from herself & what we would expect from her.

Concert Stars
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't you said the same thing about 3 to 5 times now?

Insane Carrie Fan
    She sounds sick. She has these commitments and wouldn't want to back out, during her "comeback". I'm sure she'll be fine. We always need something to worry about, don't we?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I think we've derailed this thread enough about the current condition of Carrie's voice. I don't think it would deteriorate that quickly in just a matter of 2-3 months since she performed CP perfectly at the ACMs and TC at the fan club party in June. I heard nothing wrong with her performance of CP at the Fan Club Party either, although granted I am not a vocal expert. Anyway, time will tell if she is just exhausted or potentially sick from what has been a very busy past month for her with traveling back and forth across the country and the ocean. Let's move on to discussing the actual album.

Further posts about potential vocal deterioration will be deleted. Take it to PMs if you want to keep talking about it as it's all speculation after what may have been a couple of not as excellent as usual performances.
    "Thank you for that ĎCaptain Obviousí sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the Ďrightí notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

•