Page 199 of 515 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,980 of 10281
Like Tree36075Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

  1. #3961
    Carrie Guru
    Kizmet311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Carrie Land
    Posts
    12,466
    Concert Stars
    Come on guys, let's not argue about what the songs will sound like at least until the album comes out, lol! CP is full of money notes and I'm sure it won't be the only song with them on the album. I am looking forward to a more raw and introspective album as well, though. I mean, she described ST as "twangy rock" or something like that and I think most of us agreed that only a few songs on the album fit that description. I wouldn't mind hearing her do something like Chaser again. At the very least, I would be ecstatic if she revived it for a future tour, lol.
    txacar, bluejeanbaby and ethelu like this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

  • #3962
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,071
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Come on guys, let's not argue about what the songs will sound like at least until the album comes out, lol! CP is full of money notes and I'm sure it won't be the only song with them on the album. I am looking forward to a more raw and introspective album as well, though. I mean, she described ST as "twangy rock" or something like that and I think most of us agreed that only a few songs on the album fit that description. I wouldn't mind hearing her do something like Chaser again. At the very least, I would be ecstatic if she revived it for a future tour, lol.
    LOL... I don't understand why there really is one.... Carrie will never do an album without money notes.... Cry Pretty is the first example of that....... Like you I would like to see more raw, emotional sides of Carrie..... I would even welcome some really good traditional (acoustic) sounding tracks from her...... It does look like we are really in for a big surprise with her now that she is coming from the producers standpoint and able to see things differently within her amazing voice......
    Kizmet311 and MSCarriefan like this.

  • #3963
    Hil
    Hil is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan Hil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,176
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    The thing is that she can't put only laid back, soft and songs with money notes. She have to have some up beat songs, and some rock, some more pop... if she have half the album with soft songs there would be little room for all the other songs that people love. I don't want a Miranda Lambert album... too boring... but again It's just my opinion.
    She didn't say laid back songs, she just said she doesn't always go for the money notes. I expect all you mentioned plus some money notes (cry pretty). I expect a typical Carrie album with growth.

  • #3964
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,011
    I want this to be her 21! Come for that Album of the Year Carrie!
    liz278, Hil, Kizmet311 and 1 others like this.

  • #3965
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    23,999
    Concert Stars
    I don't think anyone is arguing. Just talking about what kind of songs they want on the cd ,right? That's what the threads for?

    As Simon said she'll have a mix.I personally just want the mix to slant more in favor of songs without money notes for a change.tiny-smileys-yesemoticons-032.gif
    simonplay, Claire2004, Hil and 4 others like this.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  • #3966
    Ultimate Carrie Fan simonplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Uruguay
    Posts
    6,798
    ^ I just feel like Storyteller was that album and I don't want another, but Cry Pretty is miles better than SB so it can't be that bad. Now thinking about it I maybe take the "no going for the money notes in every song" too seriously... lol I know the album will have great powerful songs.
    maddkat, Hil, txacar and 1 others like this.

  • #3967
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,011
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    ^ I just feel like Storyteller was that album and I don't want another, but Cry Pretty is miles better than SB so it can't be that bad. Now thinking about it I maybe take the "no going for the money notes in every song" too seriously... lol I know the album will have great powerful songs.
    Yeah, I think people are equating her saying that she isn't going for "money notes" at times, as meaning she never will on the album. I mean that's already been proved wrong, with "Cry Pretty". I think this will be the most vocally diverse album yet, with soft moments and rafter shaking moments.

    Hopefully, this is her most personal album yet, and maybe garner some attention from award shows for it.
    Last edited by adam1995; 06-11-2018 at 03:47 PM.
    Hil, Kizmet311, simonplay and 2 others like this.

  • #3968
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,071
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    Yeah, I think people are equating her saying that she isn't going for "money notes" at times, as meaning she never will on the album. I mean that's already been proved wrong, with "Cry Pretty". I think will be the most vocally diverse album yet, with soft moments and rafter shaking moments.

    Hopefully, this is her most personal album yet, and maybe garner some attention from award shows for it.
    Amen to that.... Let her be the country artist with the most nominations on any given award show..... That is so long overdue......
    Hil, txacar and rainbow1 like this.

  • #3969
    Insane Carrie Fan liveasong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    5,692
    Concert Stars
    Pretty sure she is going to use her head voice more often.

    Carrie said that Cry Pretty represents CU6 well because the song contains elements that can be found on the rest of the album. On Cry Pretty, you can hear Carrie hitting low notes, high notes and her head voice.

    She also said that CP is fun to sing, lmao. Carrie loves belting too much so I am pretty sure we will see some high notes on the album. And if we don't, she will find a way to incorporate them in her live performances (ie. Church Bells - CMT Awards 2016)
    Hil, rcramer, txacar and 2 others like this.

  • #3970
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    Carrie has a beautiful voice without money notes. Look at how gorgeous she sounded singing November Rain and Remember When. Plus, she talks about finding different things she does with her voice. She also at some point has to have songs that help her prepare for the future with her voice. I don't think Martina can hardly hit anything anymore from videos I've seen online. She's obviously still going to have big notes, I mean, look at Cry Pretty.
    Not to knock or disrespect Martina in any way, because she was great in her heyday and for her time (even serving as a major influence to young Carrie), but even in her prime she didn't have the range, stamina, or vocal durability of Carrie. So, I definitely don't see Carrie going down that same path. If you listen back to classic Martina and view a number of different performances of her most difficult songs (Broken Wing and Where Would You Be), you'll notice that the belting became very tiring on her voice after a while and you could even see the pain on her face while tackling some of her biggest notes. She'd practically have to unhinge her jaw to hit some of them, and she was never anywhere near as consistent as Carrie in delivering them. Straight up, she wouldn't have been able to handle a good 85% of Carrie's catalog even way back then. What Martina had "over" Carrie was a naturally deeper and more full-bodied tone, but that's simply because she was a mezzo; so that has to do with anatomy, not ability. But Carrie has a natural aptitude for the "money notes," reflected in the fact that she doesn't even need to warm up her voice to hit them, she just does it. Not even with the healthiest technique, mind you. If she refined it a bit more and took greater measures to ensure that she's placing her voice in a way that allows her the most ease and efficiency in executing those notes, she should have absolutely no problem singing the same exact way well into her 50s.
    txacar, simonplay, Hil and 6 others like this.

  • #3971
    Obsessed Carrie Fan

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Murfreesboro,TN
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaD View Post
    Not to knock or disrespect Martina in any way, because she was great in her heyday and for her time (even serving as a major influence to young Carrie), but even in her prime she didn't have the range, stamina, or vocal durability of Carrie. So, I definitely don't see Carrie going down that same path. If you listen back to classic Martina and view a number of different performances of her most difficult songs (Broken Wing and Where Would You Be), you'll notice that the belting became very tiring on her voice after a while and you could even see the pain on her face while tackling some of her biggest notes. She'd practically have to unhinge her jaw to hit some of them, and she was never anywhere near as consistent as Carrie in delivering them. Straight up, she wouldn't have been able to handle a good 85% of Carrie's catalog even way back then. What Martina had "over" Carrie was a naturally deeper and more full-bodied tone, but that's simply because she was a mezzo; so that has to do with anatomy, not ability. But Carrie has a natural aptitude for the "money notes," reflected in the fact that she doesn't even need to warm up her voice to hit them, she just does it. Not even with the healthiest technique, mind you. If she refined it a bit more and took greater measures to ensure that she's placing her voice in a way that allows her the most ease and efficiency in executing those notes, she should have absolutely no problem singing the same exact way well into her 50s.
    She does have a natural aptitude for hitting those notes but in some ways & maybe I’m the only one saying this,maybe it might benefit her in the future to warm up her voice.Refinement of those money notes and possibly warming up her voice before she sings so she can still hit those high notes well into her 50s would really benefit her a lot.I just don’t want her to blow out her voice because that wouldn’t be healthy for her vocal cords & we wouldn’t be able to hear sing those money notes that we all love so much!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • #3972
    Obsessed Carrie Fan

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Murfreesboro,TN
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    I don't think anyone is arguing. Just talking about what kind of songs they want on the cd ,right? That's what the threads for?

    As Simon said she'll have a mix.I personally just want the mix to slant more in favor of songs without money notes for a change.tiny-smileys-yesemoticons-032.gif
    I also want the mix to slant more in favor of songs with the money notes because it’s always good to have a balance of her lower notes & what we call her rafter shaking notes because we get to hear the areas of her voice that we don’t get to hear as often.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • #3973
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    She does have a natural aptitude for hitting those notes but in some ways & maybe I’m the only one saying this,maybe it might benefit her in the future to warm up her voice.Refinement of those money notes and possibly warming up her voice before she sings so she can still hit those high notes well into her 50s would really benefit her a lot.I just don’t want her to blow out her voice because that wouldn’t be healthy for her vocal cords & we wouldn’t be able to hear sing those money notes that we all love so much!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're 150% correct. I've been saying for a long time, her natural talent and abilities are astounding, so much so that for so many years she's gotten away with a failure to observe certain formalities of vocal practice that are pretty much cardinal rules to most singers for them to even vocally function at all. But the voice is literally a muscle. It doesn't matter how naturally strong it is, you need to continue to exercise it properly and with GOOD FORM if you want to maintain it, especially with age. The technique of MIXING that I speak of so often would be extremely beneficial not only in helping her to preserve her voice, but in extending her belting or "money note" range even beyond what it already is!

  • #3974
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,011
    Who's to say she doesn't warm up?

  • #3975
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,115
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    Who's to say she doesn't warm up?
    She's to say. =)



    3:13
    txacar and rainbow1 like this.

  • #3976
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,011
    Very well, lol! From the horses mouth. But maybe she learned how to take care of her voice from the training she got from SOML.
    ethelu and rainbow1 like this.

  • #3977
    Obsessed Carrie Fan MSCarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,394
    I just want song titles already....lol September can't get here soon enough.
    I feel like Carrie is really nervous about this album because she has been such a large part of it. I feel like the events (ups and downs) that she referred to in her NYE blog will be healed through music in this album hence it being emotional.

    Another note, she said ST had lots of twang and it really didn't.
    rainbow1 likes this.

  • #3978
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,115
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    Very well, lol! From the horses mouth. But maybe she learned how to take care of her voice from the training she got from SOML.
    Truth be told, her technique is still pretty much exactly the same as it was before that. The only thing TSOML encouraged her to do was use her head voice a bit more, but the way she places and projects her voice is still the same as always.
    rainbow1 likes this.

  • #3979
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,115
    Quote Originally Posted by MSCarriefan View Post
    I just want song titles already....lol September can't get here soon enough.
    I feel like Carrie is really nervous about this album because she has been such a large part of it. I feel like the events (ups and downs) that she referred to in her NYE blog will be healed through music in this album hence it being emotional.

    Another note, she said ST had lots of twang and it really didn't.
    Well, I'm no country music expert, but Smoke Break verses definitely had a lot of twang to my ears. CCA, too.
    Hil and txacar like this.

  • #3980
    Obsessed Carrie Fan MSCarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,394
    ^Same here, bur not the twang most people expected though within the album overall
    ethelu and rainbow1 like this.


  •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 0
      Last Post: 03-07-2017, 02:24 PM
    2. Replies: 15
      Last Post: 12-01-2012, 11:57 PM
    3. Random Carrie Underwood Song featuring some Carrie Underwood Songs
      By PLAYON4CARRIEUNDERWOOD in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 07-08-2012, 06:44 PM
    4. Carrie Underwood and Carrie Underwood Top This Week's Charts
      By countrymama22 in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 06-12-2012, 05:51 PM
    5. Carrie Underwood - Carrie Underwood Bags Best Dressed Title At Acm Awards
      By Carrie Country in forum Carrie Underwood Sightings
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 04-17-2012, 11:03 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •