Page 197 of 516 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 10320
Like Tree36136Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by countrymusicfan15 View Post
    In other words, less than $3/month :-)
    What do you get, besides meet and greet chances?

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaD View Post
    Can you please link to that article? I never saw!

Carrie Underwood Is ?Impeccable,? Says Michael W. Smith | CMT
    MelissaD, Suellen, liz278 and 6 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    What do you get, besides meet and greet chances?
    the fcp alone is worth the 35,but you also get presales, a tshirt and access to the message board which is mostly dead

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    the fcp alone is worth the 35,but you also get presales, a tshirt and access to the message board which is mostly dead
    I'm definitely going to consider.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    Is it seriously unheard of to use the demo recordings as the final version? I would think so.
    The vocals on Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You” and Céline Dion’s “My Heart Will Go On” were from demos. She is in very good company!

Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    Donna RT'ed this article from the Tennessean, where Carrie talked some more about the new album: https://www.tennessean.com/story/ent...bum/688102002/

This entire paragraph amped up my excitement 100x:
    I don't want another laid back album, I love the money notes, long belts, that is what I love more about her music... that's why Storyteller is my least favorite album. I will wait to hear it though, since she goes for all the money notes and long belts in Cry Pretty.. lol that's confusing
    MelissaD likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    There's an explanation of "money notes" here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_note

I think quite a few people do particularly associate Carrie with that style of singing, and focus on the sustained notes she emphasizes at climax points in a song (whereas I tend to focus rather more on her narration passages, where I think her natural command of the Country tradition is at its most apparent). Both styles are well represented in CP, and in other stand-out songs, like SITW. Following Carrie fairly closely tends to highlight her versatility, and command of both styles, leading to a variety of textures - but more occasional listening tends to lead to undue emphasis on the "bravura" passages - which can give rise to a fairly stereotyped impression, that has often proved to be divisive, with some listeners criticizing her for "screaming", "over-singing" or "sounding too Pop".

From the passage you quote, I understand Carrie to be saying that being involved in production caused her to realize that she sometimes overthought the emphasis on particular notes, and it may be more emotional to go for a more spontaneous, "raw" version of the passage in question. if so, I think it may meet some of those criticisms, and give a more organic feel to the resulting work. I think she will still need (and will use) elements of both styles - but will aim to let the work determine when and where, without too consciously seeking a "money note" for the sake of having one.
    Idol contestants benefited from Carrie's new experience when she mentored. This is the advice she gave a couple of the contestants.

Obsessed Carrie Fan MSCarriefan's Avatar
    ^I remember her telling Maddie she didn't have to be perfect when hitting every note. I was thinking the same thing when I read this.
    txacar, rainbow1, maddkat and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by MSCarriefan View Post
    ^I remember her telling Maddie she didn't have to be perfect when hitting every note. I was thinking the same thing when I read this.
    Maddie was the one I was thinking of, too, when Carrie told her not to overthink it. Great advice because Maddie nailed it with a very emotional performance.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    I don't want another laid back album, I love the money notes, long belts, that is what I love more about her music... that's why Storyteller is my least favorite album. I will wait to hear it though, since she goes for all the money notes and long belts in Cry Pretty.. lol that's confusing
    Amen, I feel that's really what sets her apart from everyone else, especially within the country genre. No one else can do all of that. It's what makes her unique imo.
    simonplay and ethelu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaD View Post
    Amen, I feel that's really what sets her apart from everyone else, especially within the country genre. No one else can do all of that. It's what makes her unique imo.
    Exactly! There is enough of that type of singers (laid back), her big voice and hit all those big notes that nobody else can is what makes her special. But then there is CP that is her biggest vocals since SITW so I don't know.. lol
    MelissaD likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    ^^^ I agree 100%, Carrie and those crazy high notes are what make her a Prodigy...... She does it so effortlessly.... Makes my hair stand on end..... I love it......
    MelissaD and ethelu like this.

Huge Carrie Follower sweetsugarcandyman's Avatar
    I think the difference will be it’s a raw emotional album which sometimes a less perfect vocal actually helps with. If you think of the start of Cry Pretty there is so much emotion in that first verse which is completely lacking in ST.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    guess that's further proof, if any was needed that she's a great vocalist and singer all of the time. Her reputation of singing a song once and nailing it is so very true.

For the past few holiday seasons when I listen to All Is Well all of the time, I always look up the article where Michael W. Smith talks about what it was like when Carrie came into the studio to record the song. It gives me goose bumps each and every time I read it. In short, he and his team in the recording studio were blown away.

I’m really not that surprised that Michael said that because his music was a huge part of my life growing up,so it’s not that surprising that he was so impressed by Carrie’s voice!!Her voice is truly incredible & among one of the best singers that I’ve ever heard live in concert!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    gwade82 and teesharky like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Look,the money notes are great & so is the belting but a lot of the criticism about her voice is that she screams a lot,sounds pop & not country & that she oversings everything so you have to have a balance of the money notes & her more subdued singing because if you don’t,that shows that you’re a one trick pony&I’m sure that she’s gotten that criticism somewhere along the way in her career.I wouldn’t mind hearing the money notes but not a lot of people want to hear a whole album of those types of songs because believe it or not,not a lot of people want to hear songs like that all of the time.If there’s no balance in her voice with the money notes & the belting,then those people will have those same complaints.I’m excited to see what other areas of her voice that she’s explored this time around!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ she made a carrer with the money notes, so it can't be that bad! And couldn't care less what the critics say TBH, I have my own brain and can decide what a I like and what I don't like without pay attention to what the critics say.

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^ she made a carrer with the money notes, so it can't be that bad! And couldn't care less what the critics say TBH, I have my own brain and can decide what a I like and what I don't like without pay attention to what the critics say.
    Love this post. So true. Her power and huge vocals have always been at the center of the acclaim she's received as a vocalist, even dating back to her Idol run. Some people don't like belting and high notes and prefer more laid back mellow singing that they can comfortably hum along to. They consider anything more than that to be "screaming" and "over-singing." But Carrie has done just fine in her career up to this point WITHOUT the support of such individuals, as the majority of people are wowed by those abilities of hers and actually appreciate them. Don't really think Carrie cares what the critics say either, to be honest. If she ever did, it would have been at the beginning of her career. Not now. Highly doubt she gives a rat's behind about people thinking she's over-singing. She's had nearly a decade and a half of mega success. She's already an icon and legend in the making. She doesn't need to compromise anything to satisfy a small group of people.
    ethelu, teesharky and simonplay like this.

Concert Stars
    I would imagine Carrie is just saying this album is more emotional. Sometimes it’s better not to hit the “money note” just for the sake of it, but take it in a different direction and make it more emotional. For example, I listen to a lot of Christian music. If any of you are familiar with the Gaithers, I like them but they hit every money note available and it wears me out. There are songs I would much rather hear stripped down, simple vocals, really feeling the song. Sometimes feeling the emotion means the “money notes” such as in “Cry Pretty,” but sometimes it takes away from it. Could you imagine her belting “Forever Changed”? I just want her to do what fits the song. And I would not be opposed to a more stripped down production/instrumentation.

Plus, to ease some minds, didn’t she say the “Blown Away” album didn’t have much belting? I mean, “Blown Away”!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Here’s the link to the CP vinyl: https://store.umgnashville.com/colle...inyl-pre-order Priced at $21.99.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by twaintrain View Post
    I would imagine Carrie is just saying this album is more emotional. Sometimes it’s better not to hit the “money note” just for the sake of it, but take it in a different direction and make it more emotional. For example, I listen to a lot of Christian music. If any of you are familiar with the Gaithers, I like them but they hit every money note available and it wears me out. There are songs I would much rather hear stripped down, simple vocals, really feeling the song. Sometimes feeling the emotion means the “money notes” such as in “Cry Pretty,” but sometimes it takes away from it. Could you imagine her belting “Forever Changed”? I just want her to do what fits the song. And I would not be opposed to a more stripped down production/instrumentation.

Plus, to ease some minds, didn’t she say the “Blown Away” album didn’t have much belting? I mean, “Blown Away”!
    Gratuitous money note that comes to mind to me is the one in SS.It's just not needed imo.
    I am looking forward to a more introspective toned down Carrie. tiny-smileys-yesemoticons-032.gif

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

•