Page 189 of 516 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,780 of 10320
Like Tree36139Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - Cry Pretty Era

Insane Carrie Fan
    Dana Perino used "Cry Pretty" for her bump in music on the The Five.

Insane Carrie Fan
    PACRadioShow

@PACRadioShow
    4h
    4 hours ago

More
    #ICYMI: The 30th Annual @MusicRow Awards nominations for Song of the Year ➝
    "Cry Pretty" - @CarrieUnderwood
    "Drunk Girl" - @janson_chris
    "Most People Are Good" - @LukeBryanOnline
    "She Ain't In It" - @JonPardi
    "Life Changes" - @ThomasRhett
    ethelu, rainbow1, PRGuy79 and 1 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    The video for “Cry Pretty” was filmed over two days in Nashville. Article here: https://www.gosanangelo.com/story/en...deo/602076002/
    rainbow1, PRGuy79, txacar and 6 others like this.

So Carrie really isn't performing at BBMA's? I am really shocked and sad about it. It would be a great way to promote CP to people who aren't country music fans.
    txacar, rainbow1, bluetb4 and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Yes I admit I am
    bummed too about no Billboard awards. The country market is a bit saturated by now so it helps her to do the mainstream award shows sometimes. She hasn’t been to AMAs or Billboards in awhile- and no Grammys this year due to being between albums etc.

i miss when she attends mainstream award shows as it’s fun to see her mingle with a diverse group of people etc. it’s also good for her brand to get outside of the same old country shows that snub her most of the time. She actually wins more awards at mainstream events than country.
    txacar, rainbow1 and Hil like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    I saw Melissa's Insta story, that she returned home to Nashville last night and I gave up hope on the BBMAs. And Idol released their finale line up and Carrie wasn't on their either. I believe this is all the promo we're going to get for CU/Cry Pretty, until the CMT awards, which she'll probably sing TC. And there's not really any other major promo that could happen until release week
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    I really hope we get an SNL musical guest spot for Carrie this era. When was the last time, Carnival Ride if I remember correctly?

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by mgbjr View Post
    I saw Melissa's Insta story, that she returned home to Nashville last night and I gave up hope on the BBMAs. And Idol released their finale line up and Carrie wasn't on their either. I believe this is all the promo we're going to get for CU/Cry Pretty, until the CMT awards, which she'll probably sing TC. And there's not really any other major promo that could happen until release week
    Oddly enough, I'm actually quite relieved about this. It was evident that she's under the weather right now from the showcase at The Vineyard Goes Country, and I'd be concerned if she were forced to sing a song as vocally demanding as CP such a number of times while her voice was in that condition. That's how singers accrue permanent damage to their voices, especially when their technical approach to hitting those huge notes is already strenuous to begin with, and they don't do any vocal warmups beforehand to ease themselves into reaching that intense level of vocal performance. It makes the natural strength and aptitude of Carrie's instrument even more awe-worthy considering, but the results of singing that way especially while sick can take a toll on the voice very quickly after it's already run up a certain amount of mileage. So I'm glad she's going to get a little break and rest her voice for a bit before having to kick it into super-high gear for full-scale promo mode.

I'm really hoping she'll do a Spotify Singles for the album, and I want her to cover Dangerous Woman by Ariana, since it was originally intended for her.
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Guys! I'm not sure where else to post this.. so I guess I'm posting it here. Spectrum Pulse just released their "Best Hit Songs of 2012 List" a few hours ago and "Blown Away" was placed at no. 2!! Which is much higher than I was expecting.The song was praised to the high heavens!

Here's the review!

"If you remember my list from my blog six years ago, you'll be surprised by the inclusion of this song, because it was not on any of my lists. And really, if there was a song that got the benefit of hindsight and contrast more than any, it was this one, another shot of pure dark potential that's never been fully realized. But for a moment in 2012, Carrie Underwood got so close to getting there, and while 'Good Girl' has remained slightly more prominent thanks to its accessibility and stunningly difficult vocal line, this has always been my personal favourite - because, after all, the only good Carrie Underwood songs are when somebody ends up dead."

"It's hard to describe why I adore 'Blown Away' so damn much. Part of it is because there's little if anything to compare it to in country or pop, a murder ballad half revenge fable, half tribute to*The Wizard Of Oz*in the twister that seals this abuser's doom. But what it reminds me more of is*Wicked, particularly darker songs from that musical like 'No Good Deed' that show the tortured heel turn done more of necessity than avarice. And that's not even getting into the shrill twinkles and huge strings arrangement playing inside a massive stormy mix driven by the aggressive kickdrum, pianos, and howling guitars, and a chorus that literally blows apart everything in its path, confident enough to rely on the abstract but visceral imagery from a child's perspective to show the purging power of that windstorm. And that's before you get to Underwood's delivery - and look, I've been one of her harshest critics as relying far more on vocal power than texture, but between the pre-chorus that forces her into a rougher lower register and the sheer anguished triumph of her hook, it's absolutely one of her best. Let me state this again: neither pop or country have any other songs like 'Blown Away', a whirling colossus that Carrie Underwood has never topped and deserves to be far more remembered than 'Before He Cheats' or 'Jesus Take The Wheel' or 'Something In The Water' or any other formulaic pop country she's dished out. Like so many songs on this list, 'Blown Away' represents a moment of potential never quite achieved again and all the more impressive for getting there"
    Last edited by Daveunder; 05-21-2018 at 11:24 AM.
    liz278, txacar, hjj and 5 others like this.

^ agree!! Blown Away is Carrie's more creative, fascinating and innovative song ever! The sound, the lyrics and the vocal delivery is unmatched.
    txacar and countrymusicfan15 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    "the only good Carrie Underwood songs are when somebody ends up dead"

what? Maybe whoever that person is should try listening again to Carrie's catalog , lol
    DaisyTweets, rainbow1 and ethelu like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kelanob View Post
    I'm really hoping she'll do a Spotify Singles for the album, and I want her to cover Dangerous Woman by Ariana, since it was originally intended for her.
    Whoa what?!

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieroxmysox2011 View Post
    Whoa what?!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-FvFZ0jn9Q
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ from that clip it wasn't intended for Carrie at all, the guy just says he thought it would be more country and was hoping Carrie would cut it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post

what? Maybe whoever that person is should try listening again to Carrie's catalog , lol
    Exactly, have they heard of Something in the Water?????? Love, love, love that song!!!! It's magic and goose bump inducing when Carrie sings it!!!!
    Carrieslegs84 and rainbow1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Yes I admit I am
    bummed too about no Billboard awards. The country market is a bit saturated by now so it helps her to do the mainstream award shows sometimes. She hasn’t been to AMAs or Billboards in awhile- and no Grammys this year due to being between albums etc.

i miss when she attends mainstream award shows as it’s fun to see her mingle with a diverse group of people etc. it’s also good for her brand to get outside of the same old country shows that snub her most of the time. She actually wins more awards at mainstream events than country.
    May I ask who decides whether she is going or not? Is it Carrie herself or her team or label? I am curious cause I don’t know these things and also I am trying to understand, with having a new single why she wouldn’t perform there.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

^ from that clip it wasn't intended for Carrie at all, the guy just says he thought it would be more country and was hoping Carrie would cut it
    If you’re thinking of the clip that I think I know you’re talking about,I think he wrote it with the intention of giving it to Carrie,and another tidbit of info that I’ve learned,they gave the song to Ariana because they though she could do the song justice.The arrangement of the song would’ve had to be changed completely for Carrie if it had been cut by her.This is just my own personal opinion,her vocal talents and range would’ve been wasted on that song.I’ve listened to the song & I know that it just wouldn’t have suited her voice that well.I’m not knocking Carrie’s talent or versatility,I just don’t think it would’ve been a song that wouldn’t have shown off her range well.Arianas voice fit perfectly on that song for a reason.There are just much better songs out there that can truly show off the range,tone & versatility of her voice better than that one.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Yes I admit I am

Don't be sad, the show flopped anyway... :P

The 2018 Billboard Music Awards are currently at an all-time low in the key demo according to Sunday’s overnight numbers.

Airing for the first time on NBC, the Billboard Music Awards averaged a 2.1 rating in adults 18-49 and 7 million viewers.

Junior Carrie Follower

I'm pretty positive he doesn't mean that wholeheartedly to be honest,considering how he has praised a lot of Carrie songs in the past. Even the ones he didn't praise all that much, he stated that they aren't 'bad' by any means.

He even gave 'Cry Pretty' "Best of the Week",saying that it was extremely well done and how he adored Carrie for venturing into a different territory. And despite this he wasn't sure if he'd put CP as one of Carrie's best ballads or even one of her best singles,which is an indication that he thinks highly of a lot of her material.

•